Dry Tear

Good Girl, Bad Girl

Dry Tear



 

The sound of the metal bar close in front of Jessica. The whole time she keep her eyes on the floor. Every time she make eye contact with a police, they always freak out by her look.

 

Jessica sat down in the empty corner. She curled up her legs and wrap her arm around it. She touch the dry trail of eyes on her right cheek. This is the first time she had cried in years.

 

She thought her tears had been dried when she was tortured by her trainer, Jina.

 

“I can’t image that she is a criminal. I mean with such pretty face.” One of the guard commented to the other one.

 

“I know right. I heard that she had killed a lot of gang leaders for the Underground.”

 

“No. No. This time she aimed at the Kim family’s son and the famous Im commander.”

 

“They just announce the engagement between these two lovers right?”

 

“You mean Kim Heechul and Im Yoona.”

 

Jessica focused her attention to the conversation.

 

“Yoona had been strip from the position.” The guard inform the other.

 

“What? Why?”

 

“I heard she lock up an innocent man, because she thought that he is the son of the Underground leader.”

 

“What is his name again?”

 

Jessica stood up and turn to the metal bar. Her heart raised fear for Donghae’s safety.

 

“Dong.. Donghae. Lee Donghae.”

 

That moment she realize that all four of them is in a dangerous position. Minjoong is not an easy man. He will find every way to keep his identity cover, including killing his own son. Yoona, Heechul, Donghae and herself are now the target of the Underground. She need to get out of here and ensure her brother’s safety.

 

 


 

 

“Are you sure? We are going to stay here?” Yoona enter the basement of a liquor store. The walls are all damp and moist. There are spider web over the ceiling. Yoona hug her suitcase close to her. Donghae untie his suit and lose his tie to make himself comfortable.

 

“I stay here a few nights before. This is the safest place in town. The guy who owns the liquor store is Jessica’s friend.” Donghae take Yoona’s suitcase and place it next to an old bed.

 

“Why didn’t you ask him to find Jessica?” Yoona step near the bed.

 

“He won’t know, plus he can’t talk. Jessica saved him from the gang. His voice is gone, because he got tortured.” Donghae sound pity.

 

“What is his name?”

 

“Ryeowook.” Donghae smiled as he saw the man walking down to the basement to join Yoona and Donghae.

 

Ryeowook smiled sweetly and bow to Yoona. He did a few hand sign towards Yoona.

 

“He said Hello. Welcome.” Donghae translated.

 

“Thank you for taking us in.” Yoona smiled. Ryeowook looked at Donghae and look back to Yoona. Then he did something with his hand again.

 

“Ya.” Donghae scout.  Ryeowook lighted up with a huge smile.

 

“What did he say?” Yoona turn to Donghae.

 

“Nothing.” Donghae blushed and turn to fix the bed. Ryeowook sneakily wrote it on a piece of paper.

 

You two look good together.

 

Yoona blushed and smiled happily.

 

“Just go Wookie.”Donghae stomp his right foot. Yoona laughed seeing his childish side. Ryeowook stick out his tongue and run back up the stairs.

 

“You guys are great friends.”

 

“I don’t have any friends.” Donghae’s smile disappeared.

 

“He looks like he is your friend.”

 

“I don’t want him to. Everyone of my friend either ending up dead or dealing with drug.”Donghae sighed. “This is your bed. I will sleep on that sofa.”

 

Yoona sat on the creaking bed. Her eyes never left Donghae. This is the first time she had such attraction to someone.

 

“Is Jessica important to you?” Yoona asked.

 

The man paused for a second. He looked up at the cracked ceiling. “She is my first love. I will give her my life if I need to.”

 

Yoona turn away afraid to see the man’s expression. Words are enough to hurt her heart.

 

“The thing is she saw me as a brother.” Donghae looked at Yoona. “You are really weird.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I don’t why I can share my secret with you.” Donghae chuckled and fixed his position on the sofa. “We have to find her tomorrow.”

 

Yoona nodded and lie down on the bed. She turn sideways, so it feels as if Donghae is next to her.

 


 

 

Yoona woke up to the loud sound of metal from up stair. She quickly sit up from the bed as soon as she heard the notice. It is her habit to held her breath while searching for foot step.

 

“Yoona.” Donghae whispered. “Don’t move.” The girl watch as Donghae quietly sit up from his sitting position. He bring himself peaking up the stairs. Yoona felt the danger atmosphere, when Donghae’s expression suddenly changed. She leap out the bed without making a sound.

 

“Donghae.” Her voice almost sound silent. Donghae turn to her with eyes fill with horror and heart break. She point to the boxes behind them. The boy nodded.

 

They curl up closely to each other under the boxes. Yoona held her breath as the footstep trail down the stairs.

 

Though a small hole. Donghae saw two girls standing in the middle of the room. Both of them have a gun in their hand. Their expression were cold and dead. The girl with smooth long hair finally spoke, “Jina Unni. I think they escaped.”

 

“Check if there is any door.” The girl with short hair demanded. As the other girl walked away, the girl name Jina turn to the boxes. Donghae quickly looked away as if they had made eye contact.  Yoona gave Donghae a worry look.

 

Jina approach the stocked boxes. She raised her leg and kick the heavy boxes down. Donghae quickly turn himself in to a shell. His bend over blocking the objects from hitting Yoona. Their face inches away.

 

Eyes locked with each other. His eyes feel with guilt and anger. He knew they are after him. Ryeowook and Yoona’s life will be tied to his, because he asked for help.

 

He can’t let anyone hurt Yoona now.

 

Yoona blushed and cover her heart with both of her hand. Fear that the loud heartbeat can be heard by the assassinators.

 

Donghae is waiting for another movement from Jina to reveal their hiding place. However, nothing happened.

 

Then a loud gunshot filled the room. Donghae’s eyes grew wide. Tears filled his eyes and drop by drop they hit Yoona’s cheek. River of tears running down her cheek. Yoona place her hand on his cheek comforting him from crying.

 

He held his cry and didn’t dare to move.

 

“Didn’t I told you to kill him? Krystal.”Jina’s voice filled silent room.

 

“I shot him, but I don’t know that he is still alive.” Krystal apologize.

 

“Don’t go easy on him because he is a mute.” The cold sentence filled the room. Donghae’s eyebrows furrowed, but he is afraid to move. “Sometimes will power is stronger than your heart. Next time aim for the brain. ”

 

Donghae clench his hand into a fist.

 

“Did you find them?” Jina questioned.

 

“No. We lost them.” Krystal answer quietly. A moment later their footstep disappeared. Donghae pushed the heavy boxes out the way.

 

When he turn around Ryeowook is laying on the ground with his soulless eyes facing the ceiling. Blood run down from the corner of his eyes. Donghae kneel down next to his friend.

 

Yoona followed.

 

Donghae finally let himself scream from anger. “I am sorry. I am sorry. I shouldn’t have asked you, Ryeowook.”

 

Yoona embraced Donghae as he cry for his friend’s death.

 


 

“What are we going to do now?” Yoona asked as they watch the ambulance take away Ryeowook’s body.

 

“Find Jessica and Heechul.” Donghae break away from his blank stare.

 

“Don’t you think they might be Jessica’s allies.” Yoona’s eyebrows furrow from anger.

 

“No. They are not.”

 

“How can you be so sure? You have said that girl will kill anyone if she have to.” Yoona run her fingers through her tangled hair.

 

“It can’t be my father is after her.”

 

“Your father?” Yoona suddenly calm down.

 

“The leader of the Underground. He is trying to kill all of us.” Donghae walked back to the liquor store.

 

“What do you mean by...”

 

“Heechul, Jessica. You and me.” The boy pour down a bottle of liquor down his throat. Tears run down from the corner of his eyes.

 

His cry slowly turn to a sad laugh. “Can’t you believe it.” He chuckled. “He wants to kill his own son. He love his fortune and fame more than his own son.” Donghae4 turn himself into a mad man. Laughing like he had lost his sanity.

 

Yoona walked up to him and cup his face up with her hand. With her thumb she dry his tears, he kept his eyes on her.

 

“Why did you abandon your fortune and fame, commander?” Donghae put down his drink.

 

“Because I don’t care about them. Just like you.” Yoona smile lightly. Donghae trace the dry tear trail on her cheek. He heard his own heart beat and felt the heat on his cheek.

 

“Sorry for breaking down.” Donghae slowly bring himself closer. “Can you make me a promise?”

 

“Yes.” Yoona reply without a thought.

 

“Don’t leave me. Don’t die. I have no one with me now.” Donghae looked away in solemn.

 

“I promise I will never leave your side until your tell me to.” Yoona light up her face with a smile.

 

He knew. If only he had been born into a different family, he will be madly in love with this girl.

 

Romeo had found his Juliet.

 

 


 

“Commander!” A guard busted into Siwon's office.

 

“What is the trouble?” Siwon stood up from his chair. He just raised into this position for a few days and unless problems had been interfering with his sleep.

 

“She is gone!”

 

“What? Detail now!”

 

“Jessica. Jung Jessica is gone. She escaped from the poison!”

 

“Called the conference meeting now. Send the remaining guard to chase after her tracks.” Siwon commanded. “Tell Yoona...” He suddenly remembered his sister is no longer in charge.

 

He will have to face his monster alone. He fall back down to his chair and cross his arms. A thought hit him like a sudden brightness.

 

One moment she is too easy to catch, one moment she is running away. There is something telling him.

 

That is the real enemy is not the monster. There must be stories behind these kills and assassinations. She is only a machine of the Underground.