Let’s Run Away

Good Girl, Bad Girl

Let’s Run Away

 


 

“I am sorry to decline your request. Jung Jessica had escaped the prison just a few hours ago. Please, wait here. We will report to the Commander that you are present here.” The police informed.

 

Heechul stopped the man from dialing. “I am not staying, thank you.”

 

He quickly exist the place. There must be a reason that Jessica escape. She is not someone who act rationally. Heechul searched his brain trying to guess her next destination. There are only two reason for her to run away. One, revenge on him or those gangsters. Two, she is threaten or her brother is threaten. Heechul got into his car and started the engine.

 

His phone rang right before he started to move. A girl walked by his car and enter the red camry next to his. He picked up the phone without looking.

 

“Heechul-ish?” A familiar voice via through the phone.

 

Heechul stepped on the gas petal and drove out the parking lot.

 

“Who is this?” He answered with half attention on the road.

 

“It’s Yoona.”

 

A woman in black suddenly run out the street. With his fast reaction, he stepped on the break. Eyes widen in shock by the crazy woman. She stood in front of his car remained still. The woman had ice cold eyes.  They reminded him of Jessica, the same dead and soulless emotion.

 

He made eye contact with the woman. She folded her arm back.

 

“Oppa. Listen. Wherever you are right now, please come to us. Someone is trying to kill us. You are the next target. We have to get together.....” Yoona continued to nag over the phone.

 

There is a long silence, when the women pulled out a gun from her back. The sound of his own swallowing blocked his hearing.

 

“Yoona. I will talk to you later.” He thrown the phone aside and raised both of his hand. He checked the back mirror. The girl in the red camry walked out with a gun. She walked up to his car and command him to open the window. Heechul did as she told.

 

“Heechul.” She lean towards him. “Where is Jessica?”

 

“I don’t know.” Heechul replied.

 

“Unni. I think we lost her. That is such an eye sort.” The girl sighed.

 

“Keep him. He will lure her out. I will go met up with leader.” The women putted her gun back and entered the red camry. The red car drove away from the empty road.

 

The girl pulled him out the car. She pinned him to the door and locked one of his hand with a handcuff.

 

“Something like this happen before, but I see Jessica is better at this.” Heechul suddenly started to chuckled. He turned around facing the girl. His eyes scanned her from up and down. The analyzation had begun. The beast released the womanizer in him. His eyes were seducing the girl.

 

The girl smiled faintly. “You are something. No wonder Jessica didn’t kill you. I will always be the best, so don’t you think about escaping.” The girl laughed.

 

“What is your name?” The man smiled. With only one side handcuff on his hand, he raised to touch the girl’s hair.

 

“Krystal.” The girl glanced at him.

 

Immediately, his mind worked like a machine. He pick out her weaknesses.

 

Pride.

 

Jealousy,

 

Greed.

 

Loyalty.

 

“Do you want to defeat Jessica?” The man whispered the word in her ear. Those words were like a melody to her ear. It triggered the greed in her. “To win, to be favor, to top all the thing she had achieve. No more being order around.”

 

“What are you offering?” The girl’s voice changed to another tone.

 

“To be mines.” He ran his finger tip down her waist. “I will give you wealth. I will give your fame. I will give you love. I will give you everything. In return, you kill for me.”

 

Kim Heechul, a monster that can read mind.

 

“How can I be sure you will?” Krystal asked. Heechul wrapped his arm around her. He pulled the gun out of her back.

 

“You will when I...” He froze when he lifted up his head. Jessica was walking towards them. Her speed increased.

 

“When you what?” Krystal smiled. Her mind was completely wrapped by Heechul’s little talk.

 

She loaded her gun and press the hammer. Krystal’s eye grew hearing the sound of a gun. She turned quickly. The mouth of the gun pointing to her head. Her eyes danced in panic. Chill ran down her spine.

 

“You are weak for this reason. Krystal. You are greedy.” Jessica’s lips moved. She pointed to Krystal’s leg and fired at her muscle. Enough pain for her to be unable to stand. A loud scream echoed on the wide empty road. The girl dropped to the ground immediately.  

 

Jessica grabbed Heechul’s hand, who is still holding a gun. She asked him to start the car. Questions ran through his mind. Why is she helping me? Why didn’t she take revange? Why is she here?

 

“We have to find Donghae and Yoona.” She finally mentioned. The girl looked different just with in one day. It’s like she changed into a different person. She is starting to melting the cold ice in her. Feeling the heat, but still chill from the inside.

 

“They just called me. You can call back.” Heechul said.

 

Jessica’s eyes stared at Heechul. He focus on the road. Her expression look as if she had something to say. Heechul didn’t mention another word.

 

“You are scary.” Jessica turn to find the phone.

 

“You are too.” Heechul smiled knowing what she meant.

 

Jessica picked up the phone. “It’s still on.” She said to the screen.

 

“Jessica? “ Donghae’s voice echoed through the phone.

 

“Donghae! Where the hell are you?” Jessica scouted.

 

“They are trying to kill us. Ryeowook is gone.” Donghae’s voice trembled to a minimum level.

 

Jessica paused for a while. She clenched her teeth and sighed heavily. Heechul’s eyes can’t leave her face. This is the first time that she showed such expression in front of him. The sign of relax and guilty  emotion.

 

Jessica continued, “I will be there. Wait in a safe place.” She hung up the phone and her hand slided down to the side. She stretched and ran her fingers through her hair. Her head turned away to the window and looked to the empty street. It was too early in the morning for her to process Ryeowook’s death. She remembered saving that boy from Minjoong’s men, who were about to torture him to death.

 

The car came to a stop at the red light. Heechul tapped his fingers on the steering wheel trying to break the quietness in his ear.

 

“Is something wrong?”He finally said.

 

“My friend is dead.” Jessica turned to Heechul and look at him straight in the eyes. Her face showed no expression again. It can’t be read by human eyes. She manage to control her feelings with in minutes. However, Heechul can feel the bitterness in her voice.

 

“I am sorry.” Heechul replied.

 

“Don’t be. I am glad that left the cruel world. He deserve something better.” Her eyes on the phone looking at her own reflection. She wanted to make sure she didn’t lost her control of her expressions.

 

“No.” Heechul blocked the black screen with his hand. “His death should not be wasted.” Jessica brought out her soft eyes. She furrowed in confusion. Confused if the man in front of her is the real Heechul, confused if those words is just an act.

 

“Is this an act?” She spoke her mind.

 

Heechul paused by the surprising question. He pulled Jessica’s hand to his chest and placed it on top of his heart. The unsettle rhythm of his heart beating against his ribcage. Jessica raised her eyes and found him staring right back at her.

 

She would pull away, but a weird feeling told her not to.

 

“Hearts don’t lie. I am confused at first too, but when I saw you again I knew is not just an act.” Heechul exhaled after putting everything out of his mind. This time is straight-forward  without thinking. Every words comes from the bottom of his heart.

 

Jessica awed by the fast heart beat. She had experience something like that before. The days she had been living in his room. Every night, she would hope to see the man that makes her heart raise. Now that she know they are the same, because this man probably had waited to see the woman that makes his heart raise.

 

Heechul lean in towards Jessica. She didn’t move. Her eyes were opened watching every action. Her face suddenly felt the boiling heat. She would push him away and point the protective gun against his head.

 

She would.

 

She would.

 

She couldn’t.

 

Because her heart is drumming like his.

 

How can she still trust this man who had been playing with her heart?

 

There is no trust, but she still wanted him.

 

Heechul stopped when their faces were inches away. He opened his eyes looking at Jessica. A moment of hesitation. He was not afraid of being killing.

 

He was afraid of being rejected.

 

Jessica’s eyebrows suddenly furrowed. She lean in and pressed her burning lips against Heechul’s. Heechul responded to her kiss. He wrapped his hand around her back and pulled her towards him. Their lips moved cooperatively. The sense of his soft lips lingers on her skin. Her heart beat increased as if it is going to explode.

 

Jessica suddenly pushed him away. Her eyes grew wide and blanked. She felt her burning cheeks and ears. Her mind told her not to look at him. She wanted her heart to calm down. It felt as if she had a heart attack, but she didn’t hate the feeling.

 

Heechul lean back into his seat. The traffic light flashed to orange for the fourth time. They both sat there in silence organizing their thought.



 

What had he done to her? She lost her control of emotion.


 

What had she done to him? He lost his control of acting.


 

What had love done to you?



 

It only takes one second to lid the burning desire for love.

 

 


 

 

“What are we going to do when they get here?” Yoona lifted herself up to the bar chair.

 

Donghae remained silence and deep in thoughts. His eyes pinned to the ground and hands on his cheek.

 

“Yoona.” He called her name. It was a song to her ear and her heart beats up with excitement. Yoona nodded quickly. Indicating, she is listening. ”Do you know everything about your father?”, Donghae questioned.

 

“No.” Yoona paused and pondered for awhile. “He always avoid talking about this one crime that he can’t solve.”

 

“This one crime?” Donghae shifted his focus to Yoona.

 

“A homicide.” As if the color of Yoona’s eye changed, Donghae couldn’t take his eyes from staring at her magical eyes. “It is done by the Underground.” She quickly looking away, knowing that she is getting a bit too emotional.

 

“Who is the victim?” Donghae sighed.

 

Yoona turned back him. He can read the message from her eyes, “My mother.”   

 

Donghae picked up his drink again. There was a long silence in the close liquor store. Cars pass by outside and they didn’t exchanged a word.

 

Donghae placed the drink on the glass counter. Making a small sound as the bottom of the bottle touched the glass counter. “Yoona.” He stood up and approached her.

 

With his right hand hanging in the air, he offered.


“Let’s run away.”

 

 

 

 


Author's note

Thank you for reading.

I am back with Chapter 15.

Currently working on chapter 16.

I hope you have enjoyed this chapter.

Tell me what you think at the comment. It might give me more inspirations.  ^ ^

Oh. Let's have a guessing game for Chapter 17. Hope you will anticipate it.