Mother’s Secret

Good Girl, Bad Girl

Mother’s Secret



 

 

 

 

 

“Yoona?” She heard a soft voice calling her name. All she can feel is a hand gently playing with her bangs. Donghae’s worry expression finally became clear.

 

“Donghae. I think Jessica is gone.” She felt tears running down from the corner of her eyes, then reached her warm pillow.

 

Donghae kissed the back of her hand and shook his head. “She is still alive.” Her lover comforted her. Yoona sighed and smiled. Tears didn’t stop running down her face. She loop her hand over Donghae’s neck and bury her face in his broad shoulder. It’s the cry of relief.

 

“I had been treating her really bad.” She mumbled.

 

“No. You are a good sister.” Donghae smooth her fragile back.

 

“Is she awake?”

 

Donghae lay her back do to the bed. “No. Heechul is watching over her right now.” Yoona nodded as another irritated thought hit her.

 

“Donghae.” She lean against the pillow. Donghae smiled and rubbing Yoona’s hand with his warmth. “How is...” The words refuse to leave her lips.

 

“My father and yours?”

 

Yoona exhale heavily and nodded. Donghae tighten his hand with hers.

 

“My father escaped from the scene. You father is in a meeting.” Donghae wipe the strand of hair of Yoona’s face.

 

“Maybe...” She paused again. Her face is extra pale. Here are heavy eye bags under her eyes. She her dry lips.

 

“We can get marry.” Donghae interrupted her words. There is a moment of silence. Her eyes wide open in surprise. He still has his gentle smile on.

 

“Yea. We can.” She soften her reaction.

 

Donghae lean in for a kiss.


 

 


 

Heechul rubbed Jessica’s cold hand against his face. His eyes calling her to be awake. He watch her sleep and listen to the heavy breathing from the machine.

 

“Just wake up already princess. I am here.” He said quietly.

 

He didn’t expect a response, but he knew she can hear him. He just what to wait. She will wake up soon and join his hand again. This time no more battles and no more fight. He will move away with her and start a family. Money and power are not even considered in his list. He just want her back.


 

“Heechul-ya!” Heechul’s mom stormed  into Jessica’s hospital room. She burst into tears as soon as she saw her son’s face.

 

“Oh my poor baby.” She walked pass the patient and bear hugs Heechul. “Where have you been? Why are you not picking up your phone?”

 

Heechul looked up when he saw his father Kihong walked in. He slightly bow to Kihong.

 

“I need to talk to you.” He said with a cold face and run his eyes across Jessica.

 

As soon as they step outside, Kihong sighed heavily. The sound of disappointment packed a heavier bag to Heechul’s shoulder.

 

“Son. You shouldn’t be involved with gangs and police.” He added.

 

“But that is what you did.” Heechul make eye contact with his father.

 

“That had cause me to abandon your dead brothers to make my own health.” Kihong closed his eyes as if he is about to burst into tears too. Then he scanned his eyes across Heechul’s broken arm.


 

“We are choosing the police. The only way to completely break our tie with the Underground is for you to marry Yoona.” Kihong turned serious again. Heechul never likes the feeling of talking with his dad. It’s very pressured. “Then we can stop all trade with the Underground.”


 

“Young is going to be dead.” He added.


 

“No. Even if she dies, Minjoong will take over.” Kihong’s eyebrows furrowed. “ Don’t you see the problem. The Im and Lee family are enemies. We are in between. If we don’t want to get hurt, we will have to take sides. Son, the world is corrupted. If you are marry to Yoona, when they catch the Lee family, we will be saved for the in illegal trading relationship with them.”

 

There is a long paused after Kihong’s words. Then Heechul provoked his father, “It’s that your own fault for illegal trading?”

 

Kihong’s temper raised. He lifted his hand and swing towards Heechul. Heechul blocked with his non-injured hand. The look on his father’s face widden in surprises.


 

“I am not your tool. I am your son.” Heechul pushed his hand away. “I had enough with your puppet game. It’s time I make my own decisions in life.” His voice calm and mature. “I found the one I want to protect. It’s time for me to leave my nest.”

 

Heechul step away from his father and bow in a ninety degree. “Thank you for bring me up.”  Heechul turned and walked back into the room.

 

“HEECHUL!” His father scream furiously.

 

No matter how much people Heechul can manipulate, he can never successfully manipulate his father. This time he just stood up for himself like what Jessica had taught him.




 

 


 

 

“Han Yong. The mastermind of the Underground had been captured by Commander Im two days ago. Rumor she had been injured for her courageous act...” The reporter’s monotone echoed on the TV as soon as Yoona step by into her house.

 

What had I done to deserve all these glory! While Jessica is still laying half dead in the hospital. Yoona thought to herself. The maid quickly took the bags from Yoona’s hand and welcome her with warm words.

 

Yoona’s father Jongwoon and Siwon joined her by the doorway.

 

“Welcome back Yoona.” Her father smile and hug Yoona close. “I am sorry for not being by your side. I am sorry I kicked you out before.”

 

“I am glad you got well. Dad.” Yoona smooth her father’s back. She looked at her brother and sighed in relief. They both had been injured because of this and now even her sister.

 

“Dad. I have something to announce.” Yoona pulled away.

 

“Yea. Go ahead.” Her father reply as they headed towards the wide livingroom.

 

They all sat down and looked at Yoona with all their attentions.

 

“I found my sister.”

 

The whole room turned silent as the last word echo back the word, “sister”.

 

“Mom left a diary.” Yoona continues. “Her name is Jessica. She is a trained killer by Yong that tries to kill me and Heechul.” She examined her father’s writhing expression and paused.

 

“You mother is a spy.” Jongwoon weeped. “She must have suffered.”

 

Yoona went to her room and brought out her mother’s brown dairy. She handed it towards her father’s trembling hands. The two child watched their father burst into tears. The man’s reminiscence of his first love had completely broke his heart.

 

His daughter inform him to flip through the last few page. “I believe mom had found evidence of Minjoong’s illegal tradings and all other crimes. We can get Jessica out from the harm.”

 

Jongwoon pause his breath at the last signature his wife had written.

 

Kim Kihong, Lee Minjoong, had been working under the leader of the assassination society. Their wealth had been brought up by the leader. They had a armed force that can take over a small country.

 

Every evidences had been hidden under the blooming ground. He wanted to kill me. They are after my family.

 

Yoona, Siwon should be safe with their father.

 

I am running away right now. Maybe not for long, I am having labor contraction. I will have to find a place to keep this baby safe.

 

Even if I have to give up my life.

 

Report to duty, Mother

 

If only he had protected her, their family can all be together now.

 

“Yoona. Is Jessica that girl who...” His father hesitated.

 

“Yes.” Yoona nodded.

 

“She have nothing to do with me.” Her father stood up.

 

“No.” Yoona stopped her father. “We can’t at least not right now. She is still a criminal. They are going to take her back to jail for execution.  Dad, please! We have to find the evidence now and save her.”

 

“She had been raised by a criminal. She will be a criminal.”

 

“Dad. They are all brainwashed by Yong’s cruel training.” Yoona continue to explain.

 

“No is a no.”

 

“She blocked all the curses of our family. If she wasn’t born, we would have been killed by Minjoong and Yong way before!” Yoona exclaimed.

 

“Enough!” Her father shout. “Their trial is starting. Plus, we don’t have your mother’s evidence.”

 

“I can’t...” Yoona’s eyebrows furrowed. “I can’t believe you. How can you choose to abandon her, when she is the only thing mom had wanted to protect before she die.”

 

Yoona rushed back into her room and locked the door behind her. Siwon stood and followed her, but he wasn’t able to comfort her. He don’t have anything to say. Jessica had been involved with assassinations. It’s not none of them can be sure if Jessica’s action can be trusted.

 

Yoona shuffled her hair in frustration. There must be something I can do. Her mind start spinning for solutions. If her family refuse to trust Jessica, then Yoona will. She wasn’t sure when did she started to worry about Jessica.

 

She was sure that Donghae and her both want to protect their sister. Since this stressful battle between the gangs and police had began, all four of them had bonded their hearts.



 

Because she knew only the four of them can end this battle.




 

“Yoona.” A whisper traveled from the window. Without hesitation, Yoona lifted up the window.  

 

Donghae leap into the room. He sat on the edge of the window. His face smiled solemnly and lean in for a gentle kiss. He hug her close. Their conversation continue without letting each other go.

 

“They are going to kill Jessica. But the only way to save her is...” Yoona pull away, but their hands are still linked together. The way she look at Donghae is killing him a little inside. “Minjoong and Yong have to be executed for all the brainwash.”

 

Donghae looked away quickly for a split second she saw the light died in his eyes. Her heart ached with his.

 

“Yoona. I am not sure how I feel about my father.” Donghae’s lifeless expression relaxed. “I hate him for the way he treated my mother. I hate him for hitting me. I hate him for being away. But lately, I had realized how much he loves me.” His eyes filled with tears as the word blurred out his lips.

 

“He beg for my survival. He open a future for me.” Donghae turned back to Yoona. He took in a painful breath. “Let’s find the evidence.”

 

Yoona’s vision became blurry. It is impossible for her to not feel anything while seeing the love of her life drown in tears. She put her chin on his shoulder and gently smooth his soft hair.

 

“I am sorry.” Yoona said. Her eyes staring at the cherry blossom tree in their backyard over Donghae’s shoulder. Something lighted in her brain.






 

Every evidences had been hidden under the blooming ground.







“Donghae. I think we found it.”

 

 

 

 

Author's note

Thank you for reading.

I started a new story. It' s going to be a short story.

Join in another advanture with me!

Thank you.

Click title to the new story. 

Title: Excuse Ms. Imperfection

Rate: PG-13

Genre: Romance, comedy

Character: OC Park EunNara (You) , Kim Jongin (Kai)

 

What is so perfect about you?

Who? Me?

Yeah. You.

I don't know. I am not perfect.

What is so special about you then?

I am crazy.

What?!

I do anything to protect the one I love, even if I am imperfect.