After Midnight

Good Girl, Bad Girl

After Midnight




 

She sat on the edge of the the tall building and swung her legs in mid-air. With a fully dressed black tight outfit and ponytail up high, she had been disguised into a shadow of the night. The wind singing against her ears. She close her eyes as if she had been soaked into the moonlight. Her mind is clear and calm.

 

The sound of her ringtone woke her up from the quietness. The screen flashes Donghae’s name. She picked up the phone and her lips formed the plain greeting.

 

“Jessica, 11:30pm. Under the Statement building, that is the location of the exist of the pipe.” Donghae almost whispered his plans. “Yoona is going to clear the street for a possible investigation with alot of police. So, please don’t let them see you. I trust that you the only person who that save those kids.”

 

“I will.” Jessica paused. She shifted her eyes at the Statement building over the huge bridge. “What about Heechul?” The words slipped out without command.

 

Donghae inhaled and went silence. He seems to be surprised by his sister’s concern. “He will enter the Underground with you, but from there he will head towards the weapon area. I think he can make it.”

 

Jessica tighten her jaw and nodded. They both hang up.

 

Now all she have to do is wait until 11:30. Her last mission will begin again, but this time she is on the good side. The villain change into the hero’s mask.




 

 


 

 

11:20:00

 

“What is the meeting for such a late night?” Leader Yong crossed her legs and lean back on the black leather chair.

 

Donghae exhaled with a smiled, “After a long talk with my father, I had came up with a bigger plan to expand the army of the underground.”

 

Yong lifted one of her eyebrows, “But I heard you are not interested in joining us. What changed your mind?”

 

“I have my own gain from this. I believe I don’t need to report this.” Donghae tries to keep his mind cool. He is talking in front of these trained lie detectors. He can’t lie, but it doesn’t mean he have to say everything.

 

The other assistance looked at Yong and nodded. Yong laughed fakely, “Go on.”

 

“A company under the name of Underground. We can merge into the top industry of jewels sale. With the more powerful connections, we can make deals with politicians on the trade of weapons.” Donghae passed out the papers in his hand.

 

“We?” Yong turned her eyes on the paper.

 

“That is something we can achieve over night. With the right amount of money, we are able to buy the whole building right now.” Donghae suggested.

 

Yong lifted her eyes back at Donghae. He sensed a threat from her eyes. His shifted his attention to the clock.

 

11:30:00

 

“Are we all clear?” Donghae questioned as he covered the earpiece in his right ear. His eyes directed at Yong as if they are talking.


 

The whole street had been emptied. Yoon responded over the small ear piece.

 

The water had stopped. Jessica replied.


 

“Sure. Go on.” Yong lifted her face muscle on her right formed a hideous smirk.


 

“Let’s begin. Shall we?” Donghae smiled back at the leader.


 

 


 

 

12:00:00


 

Heechul lift the heavy round metal over his head, and it revealed the narrow tunnel. Jessica and Heechul exchanged looks. Her eye brow furrowed and her worry eyes pulled away as she slip down the tunnel. Heechul followed.

 

The tunnel is still damp and watery from the last pass of water supply that had just ran through. Jessica found the right place as she unscrew the metal piece under her. Heechul sat behind her curl into a ball waiting for her to open up a route.

 

There is silence between them.


 

“What if I don’t make it?” Heechul finally said.

 

Jessica’s eyes grew wide but she didn’t stop what she was doing. With her hand, she twisted the last screw open. Before she jump down the tunnel to the underground, she turned to Heechul with a cold and emotionless face.

 

“I will be waiting for you.” Jessica jumped down to the training room.

 

Heechul had a soft smile lighted up his face. He had never been in this type of deadly risky adventure before. He knew he was shaking, but for some reason Jessica had the ability to give people confidence.

 

Heechul processed to the weapon room.





 

Jessica looked up as Heechul no longer follow her. She switched her cold face back on. One of the kid woke up from the ground. Jessica’s face clenched seeing their conditions. She was in there place a few years ago, but now they will be free.

 

“We are getting out of here.” She whispered under her dark red lips. “Freedom is waiting for you.”

 

Another kid woke up one by one. “Where?” Another voice whispered in the darkness.


 

Jessica pointed at the tunnel above them.”Your freedom.” A smile unexpectedly lighted up on her face.




 

 


 

12:05:29

 

“What a interesting plan, Donghae!” Yong stood up from her chair. She gave him another look. Her face tilted to the side. The crooked smile never left her face.

 

“Thank you.” Donghae’s stomach groan because of his nervousness.

 

“Well. Mr. Donghae.” Yong walked towards him. He scratch his right ear on purpose as she walk by, so his ear piece is well hidden. “Why is this so important that we need to meet at mid-night?” Yong spinned back to him.

 

Donghae kept his expression calm and pronouns almost every syllables as he answers. “It will affect the progress of the Underground.”




 

“Donghae, this is Yoona. We are ready. Jessica got the kids out. She hasn’t come up yet. I moved the kids to a safe spot.” His earpiece rang against his ears. He kept his eyes on Yong as she continue to speak with suspicious.

 

“And the police are starting to question my authority. This needs to be fast.” Donghae swallowed nervously.


 

“So as I was saying Lee Donghae.” Yong’s voice trail back into his ears. “Your... plan... is not working.”

 

She walked towards him and push him against the wall. Her finger trace his jawline. “Maybe you should have seduced me. That might help your little friends more.” She laughed. Droplet of sweat run down his back.

 

Questions running through his mind: how did she find out, maybe they got caught, what should I do next, Yoona is safe, Jessica unknown and Heechul unknown.




 

“The bomb is set.” Heechul’s voice rang in his ear.

 

“I don’t know what you are trying to do, but I knew your little friends had entered my area.” Yong ran her skeleton hand up Donghae’s neck.

 

Donghae knew he need to change game plan, now that the bomb is set. He need to get out, before this whole place blew up.

 

“That’s right. I am planning something, but it’s not something against you. They are just here to do some research for me.” Donghae relaxed his tensed muscles.

 

Yong pulled her hand away from his neck as a man enter the room. He walked towards Yong and whispered something in her ear.

 

She looked at Donghae with the demon’s eyes, “Where are the ones who are incharge of the bomb?” She asked underneath her breath.

 

“She killed them.” The man replied in a low voice.

 

“I knew I should have killed her before Minjoong took her out.” Yong turned around as they walked towards door. Everyone in the room stood up.



 

12:12:30




 

Yong suddenly stopped and turned her head towards Donghae. Her expression filled with sinister and hatred. “Bring him! We all have to get out of here. Let Mei and Mat take care of the two other brats.” She screamed furiously as they rush out the room. They tied his hands behind his back and pushed Donghae out with a gun on his head.


 

“Donghae! Jessica is not out yet! They don’t have any respond.”


 

“Jessica!” Donghae screamed. The sound echo down the hall.



 

 


 

 

Jessica turned to the sound of  her own hallucination. She press the earpiece and called for anyone, but no one replied. She slip down the stairs. Base on her own memorization of the place, she walked through the dark rooms attempting to find Heechul.

 

Heechul promised to give her a signal when he gets out. If Jessica didn’t get it, she had already decided to find him. Even if the bomb explore.

 

She heard painful scream down the dark narrow hall. This is like maze. Yong had designed this on purpose so it will be hard for any intruders to get out.

 

Or hard for anyone to walk out alive.

 

A little girl’s giggle lightly travel out from the dark hall. Jessica fenced her surrounding with extra attentions. Her eyes scanning anything that are near her. She know whom this voice belong to.

Mei.

 

Yong’s completely brainwashed daughter.

 

The word evil can’t fit with the child. She is a maniac.


 

Jessica shifted with an electro speed, when she accidently bump into a painting on the wall. She turned and saw a disturbing image of a corpse. A shiver run down her spine. She seen many dead before, but this one is filthily illustrated: the torturing of the dead, the smile on the child’s face.

 

“I love that painting.” Mei’s voice tap against Jessica’s shivering nerves.

 

Jessica pulled her hollow eyes back on. This girl is not easy to defeat. A heartless human is exactly who Mei is.

 

Mei smiled when their soulless eyes met. Jessica saw the blood on Mei’s white face. Fire raised in Jessica’s heart.

 

Is Heechul’s?

 

“You come for the man or the bomb?” A amorphous shadow walked out the darkness. Mat took off his dark mask.

 

Jessica step back as Mat joined Mei. “You hand him to me or I will hand you to the demon.”

 

Mei smiled softly and bursted out a high giggle; and Mat’s little body contained an aggressive laugh. “That’s why we like you, Unni. You are so funny.” Mei praised sarcastically.

 

Jessica loaded her gun and pointed at them.

 

“Is he alive?” Her brows furrowed and her demon creep out her body. The killer is still alive.

 

Mei flies a knife against Jessica’s gun. Jessica swings her arm and fired the bullet towards them at the same time. The action twisted the knife route and pass between Jessica’s armpit. Mat climb up the water pile like a skilled spider. Mei zoom under Jessica’s leg. A few small cuts ripped her black jeans and  left wounds her calves.

 

Mat looped a rope against Jessica’s neck. Jessica jerked and bend over before he got the chance to pull the rope backward. She swings Mei away. On hand with a gun firing at Mei and the other slicing through the thick rope.

 

Mei jumped up the ceiling again. Because of their small body, they have more advantage in moving around Jessica. Mat drop back to the ground. He jabbed a needle on Jessica’s arm. Mei climb up Jessica’s back and tied a cloth on Jessica’s neck. Jessica bang her back against the backwall. She heard Mei groaned. Like a sack of meat she slide to the ground. Jessica points her gun at Mat’s temple. The boy swifted a knife against her heart.

 

“Who do you think will die faster?” The little monster’s eyes had a dark soul.

 

Jessica twisted his wristed and quickly jumped back. The three of the them attempting to catch their breath. Mei supported herself back up.



 

12:14:40




 

“Jessica where are you?” Heechul’s heavy voice echo in her ear.

 

“I am by the exist. I took care the door guard. Wherever you are, you need to run. Now!” Heechul’s voice grew louder.

 

Jessica bewildered by Heechul’s information. However, she didn’t care much. She spinned around and ran towards the main doorway of the Underground.

 

“Please, just come to me!” Heechul’s voice against her ears. Mei and Mat are chasing after her with full speed. They are like the guardian of hell, trying to pull her down.

 

“In about 10 second, the place will blow.”



 

12:14:50




 

“I need you.”

 

10

 

“I won’t leave without you.”

 

9

 

Jessica gasp for air.

 

8

 

“Please!”

 

7

 

“I trust you.”

 

6

 

He stare at the dark hallway.

 

5

 

He turn his head to the door behind him.

 

4

 

He swing open the door.

 

3

 

He turns around.

 

2

 

“Cressida. I really needs you.”

 

A figure crossed the darkness.

 

1

 

A glow of firing light followed.

 

 


Author's note

Thank you for reading.

Sorry for the late update. I am having a huge standardized test in the next few weeks. 

I will apologize before hand that I might not beable to update.

I most likely will through. :)