Sound of Heartbeats

Good Girl, Bad Girl

Sound of Heartbeats



 

 

His eyes never left her. She seem like her soul had left her body. The hidden Jessica in her eye was gone. One of the police pushed her head and pushed her in the back of the car. Heechul followed, but a police stopped him and said something that he had completely toned the man out.

 

He watched as the barred door closed. Jessica sat stably inside. No sign of resistance from the monster. A tamed beast had broke Heechul’s wild heart.

 

Soon after Yoona step out the police car behind them, She glanced at Jessica’s direction and eyes filled with hatred.

 

She gripped Heechul’s wristed and added, “Let’s go. We will take you home safely.”

 

“I am staying with her.” Heechul’s eyes never left Jessica.

 

“She betrayed us. She is part of them.” Yoona’s volume increased.

 

“It’s a trap! Can’t you tell? Wake up!” Heechul finally lost his temper.

 

“How foolish! To trust someone who had tried to kill you. To trust someone who humiliated you.” Yoona had lost her control too. After all, she can’t help it. Jessica risked her brother’s life and failed to protect Donghae. Her voice lower unwilling to say those words, “I am your fiancee. “

 

Jessica turned her head out the window. Her eyes wavered at their conversation. Heechul spotted everything. He turned around and headed to the police car behind them.

 

“Marriage is just a puppet show.” He lower his voice and only Yoona can hear him. Yoona stood there for a moment knowing exactly what he meant.

 

As Heechul slip into the seats,  he looked up again. Jessica smiled lightly to him and turned away again.

 

A short message.

 

Thank you. were the words that he heard.

 

 


 

 

Just like Heechul had decided he didn’t left Jessica behind. Yoona followed her brother to the hospital as Heechul sat outside of the barred cells.

 

Yoona gave him permission to stay just outside the bar, but that is enough for him. Jessica had been staring at empty space for the past half hour. Not a word was exchanged. The sound of their own heartbeat against their ear.

 

She just sat there in the same curved up position as a unborn infant. The empty cell with three concrete walls brought down the mood .

 

“I remember the first time we met.” Heechul finally said something over the bars. His voice echoed in the empty space.

 

The girl didn’t look up.

 

“I thought you were a daughter of a rich family. I was about to ask my dad to arrange marriage with you.” He chucked uncomfortably. “But it turns out you wanted to kill me.”

 

Heechul quickly realized how he sound. “Damn it. You can never do anything right.” He wanted to slap himself across the face. He is good at being the naughty boy. The warming and caring one was never in his traits.

 

Jessica lifted her head up. Her eyes danced as she met with Heechul’s. She turned them back down from guilt. Heechul sighed scouting himself for not knowing how to comfort girls. “Heck. And I call myself a womanizer. I am like completely lost to even comfort her right now.”

 

Jessica was locked in the cell for about an hour. She had felt into a deep sleep. Heechul crossed his leg and hands leaning against the cold metal bar. He had been watching her as she struggles in her dream.

 

Droplet of sweat running down her high cheekbone. The skin between her eyebrows tighten. Her face unable to relax. Head movements were random and inconsistent.

 

Suddenly, she gasped for air as her upper body sat up from the ground. Her eyes move side to side rapidly. Seems to unable to find her focus point.

 

“Jessica.” He called softly. She turned in his direction with the face of guilt. “Come here.” He leaned his face against the bars and wave his hand inside the cell.

 

Jessica turn to Heechul with the tire look in her eyes, thoughts ran through her head. She stood up wobbly and finally got to Heechul’s side. She sat down like a stinged puppet. Heechul trace her small face with his hand to wipe the sweat on her face. He gently ran his hair through her smooth long hair.

 

Her eyes soften, but they still look tired.

 

Heechul lay down on the ground. He putted his arm over the bars and move as close to Jessica as he can. Without a word, Jessica rest her head on his arm. His strong muscle flexed under his skin.

 

Their face were inches away. Eyes communicating with each other in a calm and peaceful way. The only thing between them were the metal bars.

 

“Get some sleep.” Heechul smiled.

 

“Do you believe me?” Jessica didn’t change her expression.

 

“I do.”

 

“Why?”

 

“You killed me. You saved me. You changed me. What more do I need?”

 

There was a long silence. She didn’t fight back at his words. She closed her eyes and mumbled the words to herself, “He is my brother. He knew and I knew. He knew it is a trap.” Heechul knew that she is talking about Siwon.

 

She continued, “But I don’t trust myself, I am cruel. I am brutal. I am a murder. Every dead eyes haunted me at night. I am coward. I kill so I can live. I lost it. I lost my cool.”

 

A drop of crystal like tear run over her nose bridge. Heechul wiped the shameful tear off her face.

 

The silent cell enabled him to truly hear his own rapid heartbeats caused by this beauty.


 

 


 

 

“Miss Im.” Her maid entered the room. Yoona was sitting in front of her desk staring at the screen of the computer. She can’t take her mind of her brother and father.

 

Maybe this was a big mistake. She putted her family in danger. Yoona pushed her palm against her forehead and tried to ease the pain.

 

“Miss Im?” The maid repeated.

 

“Oh.” Yoona answered drowsily. “I am sorry. I was thinking.”

 

“Is the criminal getting a big punishment?” The maid questioned.

 

“I wished she would.” Yoona sighed and anger quickly filled her up. “I don’t have the power to make decision, but it seems like she is not going to get away with it.”

 

“You should get some sleep.” The maid said caringly.

 

“I will.” Yoona smiled at her considerations. “Please call Jongin to come here tomorrow morning. Tell him that his former commander wants to see him.” She thanked the maid as she exist out the door.

 

The room sank in silence again. The quietness haunted her heartbeat. She realize how much hatred she had towards Jessica. She scanned a picture on the side of her desk. It is produced nicely with a fake metal flower on the edge of the glass frame.

 

In the picture is her, her brother, her father, her mother and her unborn sister. They stood in their huge backyard. It was a warming summer. Sunlight shined against the green grass. Wind blew against her thin hair. Everything was normal and perfect.

 

She was once innocence and loving. Her mother’s  sudden death had changed her goal and builded up her stubborness.


 

Then something knocked against her window. She turned to the window. That was the window to the backyard. She carefully took a few steps towards the window.

 

Her eyes grew when Donghae’s smile is reflexed through the glass. She quickly unlocked her window. Donghae waited patiently for her.

 

She wanted to hug him tight and say I am glad you are ok, but that is not her job. She needed to pull herself away from this man.

 

She hoped that she can defend her heartbeats, but she couldn’t. It’s beating too strong.

 

“Hey. Pretty.” Donghae light up the darkness with his charming smile.

 

“Hey.” Yoona bit her lower lips and lift up a smile. She tried to contain her happiness. Just seeing him again was like a dream. Knowing he is safe had meant everything to her.

 

“You want to come out for a walk?” The charming gentleman lift his hand in the air. She slipped her hand into his warm palm. Their hand fit perfectly. Both felt the electric between their skin. Yoona climb out the window.

 

Wind blew against her silky white dress and her long thin air. Moonlight shining on her pearl like skin. Donghae’s eyes had been mesmerized by the beauty. He never notice the sound of his heartbeats had started to increase.

 

They took a walk side by side under the wide garden.

 

“How did you get out that place?” Yoona’s gentle eyes never left him.

 

“I am expert at escaping.” Donghae smiled. Yoona chucked in agreement. She shyly put her hand up to cover her overload of happiness.

 

“What brings you here?” They stopped by an cherry blossom tree.

 

“I have something for you. Well, it is the a thing that is meant for you.” Donghae pulled out a notebook from his back pocket. It read To My Child.

 

Yoona raised her eyebrow on Donghae. He sighed and jumped to a more serious topic, “I hope you can save Jessica.” Yoona can hear the sound of pain against her ear.

 

The expression on her face clearly carved out the dissapointment.

 

“Read the last page.” Donghae instructed. Yoona pressed her lips together and lift the book to the last page.

 

It was an empty page with only two sentence filled only one tenth of the page. She had recognized the handwritings. It was her mother’s words.

 

I am sorry I am not a good mother. I love you.

 

To my children Siwon, Yoona, and Jessica.

 

Yoona’s face frozen at the last word.

 

Jessica

 

“She is your sister.” Donghae finally said it.

 

“I couldn’t believe it.” She putted the notebook down. Her expression showed confusion.

 

“Save her.” Donghae turned Yoona to face him by grabbing her shoulder.

 

“I can’t trust her.” She sighed with eyes closed unable to look at Donghae.

 

“Then trust me.”

 

She lift her head up and their eyes met.

 

“Why do I have to help her?” Yoona knew his answer. He had admiration towards Jessica. She didn’t know why she wanted to hear the sound of her heart break.

 

“She is my family. She is your family too.” Donghae smiled lightly. Yoona surprised by his answer.

 

“I thought you love Jessica.”

 

“I do, but someone made me realize that is a family love.” Donghae’s smile grew wider.

 

“Who?” Yoona bit her lower lip.

 

“Not telling.” Donghae turned his delightful mode on again. He spins around in circles and attempt to catch the falling pinkness.


 

“Miss Im?” Yoona heard her maid’s voice echo out her bedroom’s window. She turned her head to make sure no one was watching them.

 

She quickly turn back planning to inform Donghae to leave.

 

“I think you shou...” Yoona’s talking interpreted by a kiss on her cheek. His soft lips against her pearl smooth skin. Her heart rate increased and breathing stopped.

 

He pulled away and ran towards the walled fence. With a skilled move, he climbed up the wall. Yoona’s eyes still wide in shock unable to adjust her thinking.

 

“I will see you tomorrow here. Same place. Same time.” Donghae’s shadow disappeared as he jump off the walled fence.

 

The warmness of his lips still lingers on her face. As she walked back to her room a smile light up without control.

 

“Who is that Miss Im?” Her maid  questioned with curiosity.

 

Yoona raised her eyebrow and turned back to the blossom tree. “No one.” She smiled at her lies.

 

As she entered her quiet room and laid down on her soft bed, she heard the melody sound of her heartbeats against her ears.

 

 

 

 

It's just my Romeo.

 

 

 

Author's note

Thank you for reading.

More romance in this chapter :> 

Hope you liked it.

Comment&Subscribe.