Broken Mask

Good Girl, Bad Girl

Broken Mask



Jessica dragging her prey down the stairs. Heechul followed behind trying to find a way for her to drop that gun. When they turn within each staircase, Heechul felt her slowed down a little bit. On the next turn, Heechul hit her elbow and the gun roll down the stairs. Jessica moan in pain, because his sudden attack moved the arrow on her shoulder.


 

She lock the other side of the handcuff on her wrist. They both stopped, at the turn of the stair. Heechul looked up wondering why isn’t Yoona coming for them.


 

Jessica lean against the wall. She suddenly closed her eyes. Heechul oddly stood there watching his own killer trying to save themselves. Jessica gently grab the closest part of the arrow that is stab to her wound. She suddenly jerked the arrow out of her shoulder.


 

Heechul’s eyes squint feeling the pain. Jessica bit her lower lips and drop the arrow on the stairs. She try to her best to keep her breath normal. She still have a lot of running to do.


 

She then look up at Heechul with those hollow eyes, “Why are you standing here?”


 

The question struck Heechul. He was just hating this a while ago. “I pity you.” He answered with a calm face.


 

“You don’t need to.” Jessica walking down the stair leaning on the wall. The bloody wall look like a scene in some kind of horror film. Heechul slowly followed. Jessica picked up her gun again as she reach the next floor.


 

“I can’t let you go right now.” She explains. “I need you to exchange Donghae.”


 

“Who sent you?” Heechul questioned his assassinator boldly. Jessica raised her gun to his head, “You are getting out of line. Now move.”


 

“No.” Heechul stare into her eyes, those cold soulless eyes.


 

“Don’t worry about things like who sent me. They might send another killer, but you just have to know I am the only one who can kill you. So follow me closely or you will be kill by the wrong person.” Jessica direct him down the stairs.


 

Heechul followed obediently. He knew it. Along he hasn’t got the wrong person, this girl is interesting. Interesting enough for him to torture and play with.



 

Let’s have another round. Jessica.

This time I want your broken heart.


 

They hustle down the stairs to the parking lot. Jessica unlocked a black race car and slide her injured body in the driver seat. Her lips were pale; her face is white as snow. Blood stop pouring down from the right of her waist. After a few minute of car race driving they arrived at Jessica’s apartment.


 

Heechul watch her fished out a key from her bloody jacket, that she got from her car. Her hand is shaking violently, then finally the door opened. She push Heechul in with her gun and closed the door behind them. Within a few second of entering the house, Jessica kneel to the floor.


 

Black and white taking over her vision. She notice her breathing became heavy. Heechul look around the empty apartment, then he turn back to Jessica who is leaning against the wall.


 

She ripped the side of her black dress and exam the injury.


 

Heechul’s eyes grew when he saw the wound on her skin. There is scarred blood on the side of her wound. Skins were ripped and you can see her flesh. It looks horrifying, but that is the reason he is surprised.


 

It is more shocking to know that someone can dodged the bullet.


 

Yoona is not someone who will missed her target, the world knows her for her famous shooting skills. Maybe she just decide to injured Jessica and not kill her. Heechul filled his mind with thoughts.


 

Jessica the only girl can fool him is not going to be let go just like that. He wants revenge. No one can escape his hand, not even this monster.


 

Heechul walked around her apartment found some alcohol and box of dusted aid box. He came back to Jessica who is half dead leaning on the wall.


 

Gently, he cut her dress a bit wider. The mouth of the gun is pointing at him, then the weak words slip out of , “Get away.”  She is like a mad dog that don’t want anyone to see her weakness.


 

“You won’t kill me.” Heechul continue to clean her wound. Jessica clenched her teeth together and eyebrow furrow inward. “You need me for Donghae.” Heechul shot her a look.


 

Angry filled up her eyes, but unable to express it.


 

Kim Heechul. Kim Heechul. You are really something. How dare you to use my weakness? Jessica thought to herself and lowering the gun in her other hand.


 

“I am going to pour the alcohol now.” Heechul raised the bottle in his hand and pour the liquid on the flesh. Jessica tighten up her fist and clenched her teeth. The veins on her neck were vividly seem as she stretch her neck in pain. Her whole body is tighten by the pain. It feels like a million piece of needles stinging her wound.


 

She relaxed when the bottle moved away. Heechul started to stitch her wound after putting on the surgeon gloves. Being educated in one of the top university in the world is not a waste. Heechul had a little knowledge about surgery, enough to just stitch the injury for her.


 

Jessica’s eyes were tired. She is started to get numb by the feeling of pain. Her mind went into blank mode. Then slowly she closed her eyes. This is worst injury she had ever experienced. She had never been shot before. Plus every time she had an injury, Donghae is always next to her.


 

Her lovely brother.


 

She needs to get him back.


 

She needs to hide him away from Minjoong.


 

He is her only family.


 

“Emotion is your weakness. I taught you to be heartless.” Her teacher’s voice echoed in her head as the picture of Donghae fainted.


 

“I don’t think I can do it. Even though, I am a heartless monster. I still want to protect my only family.”


 

No, you are born to kill.

You don’t want that to happen again.

Do you?



 

I was going to kill you.


 

Those words are haunting her ears. She stood still on the spot as Jongin puts the handcuff on Donghae. Other police arrive at the scene examine the place, including Siwon.


 

Donghae stared at Yoona and she stare at him. Their eyes never left each other.


 

His eye is with anger.


 

Her eye is with pain.


 

She approached him again. “I was aiming at her.” Yoona answered.


 

“The one saids fair and justice is a liar. The one saids to protect is a killer.” Donghae’s eyebrow knitted together and wrinkles form between them. The words hit her like rocks.


 

Yoona look to the ground listening to the sound of her own heartbeats. It is fast and rapid. She is nervous in front of him. “Yes. I am going to kill her.”


 

Donghae’s eyes grew large. “Because she is a gangster or related to a gang. I can’t let that go. It’s my mission to finish all the gangs.” She didn’t know why she had the need to explain, but she just did. “Plus, she might be that killer we have been looking for.”


 

“She is.” Siwon walk towards her sister and did not even lay an eye on Donghae. “You aimed to kill her, but the bullet is on wall.” Yoona’s eyes danced to start her brainstorm.


 

“That is not possible. I aimed at her and is nowhere near a miss.”


 

“A machine.” Donghae said the word. Both of them turn their attention back to Donghae. “She is my sister. A machine that trained to do these things, so she can protect me.”


 

“You sister to protect you?” Siwon raised his voice unable to believe this crazy man’s talk.


 

“I am the son of the Underground gang leader. Kill me if you want, but leave my sister alone!”


 

For a second, Yoona wanted to break down and cry. She wants to scream. To scream at Donghae, for breaking her fantasy. She really wish he had nothing to do with the gang, but sometimes things just never goes your way.


 

This time she is not sure if she can keep her perfection mask on, when they arrest him.


 

Who is good and who is bad?


 

No one can always be bad.

 

No one can always be good.

 

 

 


Author's note

Thank you for reading.

ALERT: the next update will be delayed!

:) hope you enjoyed this chapter  ^ ^