The Game For Revenge

Good Girl, Bad Girl

The Game For Revenge



 

The first thing she see is the bright light shining on her eyes. Her forehead wrinkled trying to avoid the strong lightwaves. She slip up from the warm cozy bed. Then she realize her movements are limited by the pain from the shoulder and waist. She is wearing a long white shirt and some baby blue short.

 

“You are up.” A man’s voice enter her ear. She turn to Heechul who walked out from the kitchen. She blinked a few times try to remember what had happen. Why is her target inside her apartment?

 

“I was going to cook you something, but I realize I can’t cook.” Heechul shuffled his messy hair. Memoirs hit back at her when she saw that smile. She had failed her mission. For the very first time, she messed up.

 

Jessica stood up from the bed and slide into her white slippers. Ignoring Heechul, she headed towards the kitchen and pull out a bag of meat and kimchi. Within a few minute, she skillfully cut everything up and mixed the food with rice.

 

Heechul’s eyebrow raised at the unknow food in front of him. It looks messy and disgusted. “This is what you feed the pigs right?”

 

She shoved a mouthful of food in and start chewing. Her eyes raised and met his as cold as always. “If you consider yourself a pig.”, She answered. Heechul rolled his eyes and stared back at the blow of rice. He closed his eyes and take in a spoon. It’s not something fancy like he have everyday, but he didn’t hate it. It just taste different. Something he had never tried before.

 

Jessica checked the clock as she continue eating. It reads 6:30am. She had slept for maybe more than a few hours. She hope that her body had heal enough. If Minjoon had find out that she failed her mission, she might be killed or worse. She might be sent back to her teacher. The only person she will kneel to and the only person can kill her.

 

She peek over at Heechul, who is eating in a rush from hunger. They will kill this guy when they find out.

 

Kim Heechul, I should have just kill you. Jessica thought, but for some reason she didn’t did what she thought.

 

“Aren’t you afraid of me?” Jessica finished her foot and lean back against her chair. Heechul lift up his head with a mouth full. There are a lot of rice stick on his face. He shake his head.

 

“But I will kill you.” She assure him.

 

“You had the chance but you didn’t. You need me right? You want your brother.” Heechul swallows.

 

This man is weird. Weirder than any guy she had met. Even Donghae skips a beat when she joke about killing him, but Heechul is still as stone and even show comfort.

 

“You should sleep now.” Heechul smiled. She can’t detect whether it’s fake or real. Jessica’s head is spinning and the pain remind her every time she had a movement. She stood up and placed the blow in the sink.

 

As she walk back to her room, the floor tilted and she follows and banged her shoulder against the wall. A swear word slip out her lips. Heechul stood up and place his hand under her arm try to help her up.

 

It’s like her instinct. She grab him by the wrist and weakly twist his arm. Heechul turn and pulled to the ground.

 

“What are you doing!” Jessica became alerted. She started to breath heavily.

 

“No one ever helped you before?” Heechul’s eyebrow knitted together. “Because it seems like you don’t know how to say thank you!” He scolded. Jessica’s eyes suddenly soften and looked at the floor like a guilty puppy. She then left go of his hand.

 

Don’t blame her. She was never taught to respect, never taught to love, never taught to laugh, never taught to say thank you.

 

Heechul lift her up and again with a princess hug. She show no expression, but it annoys her that a man is touching her. She didn’t look at his face, but her heart is acting abnormal. A bizarre feeling that she didn’t like.

 

When he lay her on the bed, Jessica turn her eyes at him. “Do you like roses?” She asked as he pulled the blanket to cover her.

 

“Yeah.” He reply with that smile again.

 

“Why do you like them? They have thrones.” She looked at her own skinny fingers.

 

“They are mysterious, interesting, yet, at the same time challenging.”

 

Jessica looked at the man sitting next to her and then closed her eyes. She feel satisfied by the answer. For the first time, she imitated his smile. A smile from the heart.

 

Heechul sitting next to Jessica watching her falling asleep. The scene of this girl pointing a gun on his head keeps repeating. He felt humiliated. Humiliated that he is weak for love. Humiliated that he completely controlled by her. This is a love act that will be too perfect for her to find out. Heechul smooth his finger on her cheek. After all he had put his real feeling into his acting skills.



 

He will teach her the real meaning of love and betrayal.

 

 


 

 

“We will try to track them down.” A officer confirmed Yoona. Out the ordinary, she rejected the help. They were in the hidden room behind the interrogation room. Through the one way mirror, she had her eye on Donghae. Her brother Siwon is investigating him about the girl that try to kill Heechul.

 

Donghae’s face stays emotionless. There is a hint of worry and uncomfort show on his face. Siwon slam on the table and pull his face towards Donghae. Yoona can imagine her brother screaming out words to attack the prisoner.

 

Finally, Donghae’s lips moved. He said a few words with a relaxed expression. Siwon moved back like he is in shock.

 

Donghae lift up his eyes and stare into the one way window glass. Yoona took a few step back from the glass. His eyes fixed on the glass as if it’s staring right into hers.

 

Siwon exist out the investigation room and enter to the other side to join Yoona.

 

“We can’t continue the questioning.” As soon as Siwon said the word, Yoona gave him a chagrined look.

 

“What do you mean?” Yoona’s eye brow furrowed, “He is the only person that have a close tie to the Underground. He is a hint!”

 

“We can’t!” Siwon scolded as a brother. “He is not a criminal. We have no right to lock him up.”

 

“But he had ties with the…”

 

“Yoona! Come back to your sense. We need proof. If he hasn’t commit any crime, we can’t question or imprison him.” Siwon fight back.

 

“This is a order!” She changed into her commander tone. Siwon studden for a second. He stood there for a second did not reply. It is a death sentence to disobey the commander but Siwon don’t want to see his sister like this.

 

Yoona had too much ambition to take down the gang area. He know for one fact that even their father had surrender to the Underground and left them alone.

 

Siwon clenched his fist and the words slip out, “I refused.”

 

Disappointment took over her face and the trail moment she had face. Her brother is her trusted right hand. Now with just one reject, she started to doubt about his abilities to continue to help her.

 

They stand in silence. Yoona turn looked at Donghae and turn back. She had planned to put all the feeling behind her and take down the underground. However, it seems like the first level is too difficult to fight.

 

She is not a person that can be cold hearted. After all, she is well loved by her family and friends.

 

“Did you forgot who killed our mother and our baby sister?” Tears flow down her smooth pale cheek as she questioned her brother.

 

Siwon turn solemn remembering  the caring face of his mother. Their mother’s death hurts Yoona the most . Even at a young age, she had a very positive idea about her mother. The day their mother was assassinated no one had seen her.

 

Their family had lost two life in one night. Their unborn baby sister had never seen the light and passed away.

 

Rumor said that, their father, Jongwoon who is the second highest commander in Korea had try to capture the leader of Underground. Therefore, the Underground’s leader killed his wife. All these fact had angered her for years and had became her determination to destroy the Underground.

 

Her shoulder shaking from crying. She loves her mother and growing up without one is tough. As for the little sister, she had always want to met her.

 

Siwon walk closer and pull Yoona into an embrace. “We will figure something out. What if he is innocent? As a police, we have to think with a clear mind.”

 

Yoona nodded.

 

But Siwon know, his sister is not going to let Donghae run out of her sight that easily.

 


 

 

He is sitting on the couch when Jessica woke up. The man smile with delight when she sit up from the bed. She kept her face as cold as possible, but occasionally she gave him a weird look. It’s weird to see someone else Donghae to treat her good.

 

Jessica ignored him and went to change her clothes. The sun had raised and the air is clear and refreshing. She is always free in the morning. Nighttime is when darkness take over and her world.

 

She headed out the door. Heechul followed in far distance. Every time she turn to shoot him a look he gave a smile.

 

When they reach the nearby supermarket, Heechul decide to stay outside and wait for her to come out. He sat down on the bench outside. Jessica suddenly stop when she reached the auto glass door. The door slide open, but she didn’t move. Then after a minutes the door closed again.

 

When Heechul looked up, Jessica is standing in front of him. Not with those seductive eyes, not with a delighted face, not with those hollow eyes, but with hesitation in her eyes. Her eyes dance around avoiding to met his.

 

“Yes?” Heechul raised his eyebrow.

 

She turn with her cold voice, “Are you coming in?”

 

Heechul form a thin line with his lips and nodded.

 

Yesterday, you were the hunter and today you are the prey. Time to switch role.Heechul thought to himself as they walked into the supermarket.


 

This will be a fun game, right Cressida?



 

How much do you know about love?



 

Be prepared for the next move.

 
 

Author's note

Thank you for reading.

This is the busiest time of the year, but I will try my best to keep updating 

Stay with me ^ ^