Good and Bad

Good Girl, Bad Girl

Good and Bad



 

“We are not able to trust your ability to live with every; thus, the jurors come to the conclusion  to sentence Jessica Jung serve the community for life in prison.” The hammer hit the board more than three times.


 

“For WHAT!” Heechul’s screeching voice filled the courtroom. Jessica’s eyes piers at the young judge with the eyes of a victim. However the court continue its order, they moved the people out room. Heechul’s anger question was never answered.


 

“I AM DONE WITH THIS BULL. SHE SHOULD BE FREE.” He grab his own hair. The guard grab him by the arm. Heechul jerked away and shoot him a look.  “What the hell do you want? Her life.”

 

No one is listening by Jessica.

 

She turned to Heechul and smooth his cheek with her gentle hand. There was no words exchanged between them as she was pulled away, but he can read it from her eyes.

 

“We can go anywhere together.” Heechul wouldn’t let go of her hand as the guard peel her away.


 

Again. She slip out his hand like the very first time they had met.

 

 


 

 

“No, Son. We can’t help her.” Kihong covered his wrinkled face in his palm.

 

“The best layer we have or the best judge. Pay her out, any thing please.” Heechul begged his father.

 

“Will you shut it!” Kihong’s roar filled the room. There is a moment of silence between the son and father. “We are bankrupted.”


 

More silence followed.


 

“After Minjoong and Yong are sentenced, our income dropped. We don’t have a penny left. The government took all my money. We have nothing now.” Kihong’s shaking leg brought him up from the couch.

 

He approach the wide window for the last time, “We have to move out today.”


 

“I am fine with it.” Heechul’s eyebrow furrow.


 

“No more speed car. No more fancy drinks. No more pride.” His father turned back to Heechul. For the first time there is approval in his father’s eyes. “Can you live like that?”


 

“I can.” Heechul shook his head. “I have, since the day I met the one I wanted to protect. She brought me through adventures and place where money can’t.”


 

“But we don’t have the power to save her now. Are you sure you want to be with a criminal? Marrying Yoona will bring you back to power and fame.” His father advised.



 

“Marriage is a game, but my heart is not. It doesn't matter who she is. As long as she is my Jessica.....” Heechul puts his hand on his chest. “this heart will only beat for her.”


 

His father sighed and gave up on convening him.


 

“I just have one last thing to say, Dad.” Heechul called. “I am Sorry.”


 

“What for?” Kihong raised his eyebrows.

 

Heechul didn’t say another word and walked out the house.


 

 


 


 

“What is that suppose to mean?” Yoona slams her hand on the table. The cup of dark coffee spilled over the edge of the cup from vibration.


 

“Jessica is sentence for life in prison.” Her messenger continued.


 

“I thought the evidence will get her out of this.” Yoona’s eyebrow furrow and sat up with tension.

 

“The court’s decision didn’t make sense.”


 

“AND they are not going to retrial it.” Yoona’s mind spinned.


 

“No is a close case now.”


 

“Find the juries.” Yoona commanded.

 

“Their identities are all hidden.”

 

“THEN WHAT CAN I DO!” Yoona rub her face against her hand.

 

The messenger didn’t reply. After a few minutes of quietness, a true reply was heard.


 

“Nothing.”



 

Sometime enemy are not the real enemy.




 

 


 


 

Jessica locked her gaze at the moon from her small prison bed. This is the place where she will spend the rest of her life. The moon might be her only company. She sighed thought of all the people had helped her, Yoona, Siwon, Donghae and Heechul.

 

They are probably angels from heaven to gave her another chance to realize what she had done. This is the punishment for all the people she had killed.

 

What can she do?

 

The dead can not be brought back. This might be the only way that she can show her remorse for all her assassinations, which is what society most valued freedom.

Maybe her enemy was never Minjoong or Yong.


 

It’s society itself.


 

It lable her to be one thing, so she became one thing. All of them had been victims of society’s unspoken rules.


 

Money equals happiness.


 

Power equals peace.


 

Death equals silence.


 

“Ssic.” A quiet voice echo into her jail cell.


 

Jessica sat up from her bed after recognizing the owner of the voice.


 

“Heechul.” Her eyes glow. “Where are you?” She whispered again.


 

“Look out the window.” He replied.


 

Jessica tiptoe and stick her head out the window. “What are you doing here? How did you even break in those fence.”


 

“I don’t have time to explain.” Heechul breath heavily try to catch his breath. “Stay there and pack all the things your need. I will be there.”


 

“Heechul!” Before Jessica can ask any further, Heechul rushed out of her view. She sat there waiting quietly for him to appear again. Soon the alarm went off in the building. People started to awake by the disturbing sound. The guard near Jessica’s cell went around to check for any intruders. He walked to the end of the hall and took a turn.

“Jessica.” Heechul was standing right in front of her with a key in his hand. Sher reach her hand out through the bars and smooth his face.


 

“You don’t have to do this. If you do this they will find you too.” Jessica smiled and continue, “Go on and live your life. I had my happiness.”


 

“I can’t leave you behind.” Heechul unlocked her jail door. “There is no one else that can replace you.” Heechul step in the room and bear hugged her.

 

He locked his fingers with hers.

 

“WHO IS THAT?” The guard’s eyes met theirs and started to transfer his call to the other guards. Jessica picked her steps as Heechul started to run.


 

“Let’s go somewhere.” She heard Heechul’s voice. They step out into the night with bright light.



 

It’s doesn’t matter where, Heaven or Hell.

 

Even if I have nothing else, I know I still have you.



 

 


 


 

15 years later...

 

Dad said he loves you...  Yeck. If you guys are being lovey dovey don’t tell me to say it. Yoona smile at her daughter’s voice over the phone.

 

Young lady. It’s call love Donghae’s voice echoed in the background. Yoona laughed.

 

Well love you mom. Comeback quickly. Her daughter’s voice lingers with attachment.

 

Love you too. Yoona reply.


 

“Lieutenant Im.” Her right handed Jongin quickly direct  her attention back to her meeting. “We found there location. This gang is like the Underground case, where they train people as a puppet.” He commented. Yoona had been specialize in dealing cases with gangs and corruptions after the Underground case 15 years ago.

 

“Is it the case with the mysterious disappearance of the criminal.” Another person commented.

 

“They were all trained to kill in that little space at the underground.” Someone sitting across replied.


 

“The criminal is name Jessica.. Jung.” A man with the laptop read the information off his computer.

 

“Lieutenant what should we do?” Jongin questioned.


 

“Let’s start plan B tonight, but before that...” Yoona scan her eyes around her. “we need to agree to set the innocent free and provide the people with therapy.” Everyone nodded at her sentence as she dismiss them from the meeting.

 

After everyone left the room she fish out a thin wrinkle paper from her suit.


 

Dear sister,

 

    Sorry that I had never inform you about my escape. Sorry for not being able to see you again. I am thankful that you are my sister. Even though we met each others in an unpleasant way, you still helped me.

 

    Please take my last request. Take care of my brother Donghae. Heechul and I will spend our time together somewhere far. We might never come back, but I am happy.  

 

    Thank you, Angel.

 

    Remember one thing. No one is good; no one is bad. We are just being judged by our surface action.



                                     Your sister, Jessica Jung.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~End~

 

 

 


Author's note

Thank you for taking another advanture with me.

This is the end of this story. I might do a rewrite base on the time I have.

I hope you guys enjoyed it.

See you in the next story. :)