Beauty and the Beast

Good Girl, Bad Girl

Beauty and the Beast



Jessica turned towards Heechul. He had his left hand pressed against the right bloody shoulder and unable to continue his search. Dark fresh blood streamed down from his right fingertips. Jessica pinned Jina down to the floor. Her arm on Jina’s neck and the hand with a gun pinned by Jessica’s leg.

 

“I am ok.” Heechul ensured.

 

“You little .” Jina hissed. “I have enough of you. Let me just finish you today. Less pain to go.”

 

Jina raised her other arm and grabbed Jessica by the neck. With a jerk, Jina turned the situation. Jessica manage to kick away the gun before Jina can reach it.

 

Jina didn’t go after the gun. She don’t need to. To her Jessica is weak, she had train stimulated this child to be afraid of her.

 

 

Sitting on top of Jessica, she wrap her hands around Jessica’s thin neck. Both of her thumbs press aggressively on the throat.

 

Jessica froze. Her hand trembled and coldness hit her. Chills run up her spine. She didn’t struggle and her eyes wide open staring at Jina. She saw the solemnness in her killer’s eyes. She saw the tear trail on Jina’s face.  

 

Memories flashing back at her. Horrible events like: the time when she was tied up, the time she was whipped, the time she was force to kill, the time she turn completely emotional.

 

“Emotion can kill you.” Jessica read the words coming out of Jina’s lips. She can feel the invisible bees buzzing next to her ears.

 

 

She grabbed on to Jina’s arm trying to gasp for air. When she open , no word came out.

 

“Your only job is to kill, to destroy. Love shouldn’t be learn, because no one will love you back.” Jina continued.

 

Another gun fired.

 

 

It hitted Jina right on the elbow.

 

The woman screamed.

 

Jessica finally choke in the air. She cough in order for to go back to normal. Heechul fired the gun with one hand. He quickly ran towards Jessica, but Jina stood back up without a pause.

 

The enemy flew a kick towards Heechul. He dodged but his injured shoulder had became his weak spot. He was stuck down quickly. Jessica took the advantage and cornered Jina into the wall. Her teacher is not an easy enemy, but she has no choice and to fight back.

 

Strikes to the lips, strikes to the stomach and unstoppable speed hits.

 

Jina kneeled to the floor, when Jessica finally paused.

 

Jessica back away from the woman. Heechul stood back up from the fall. “Jina. I hate you.”

 

 

There is silence.

 

 

“That is the first emotion I had learned.” Jessica continued while trying to catch her breath. “You taught me. I had always thought you hate me. When I looked at you like a sister, you hate me. When I looked at you like a mother, you hate me.”

 

“Then take your revenge. I am here to complete a mission. If I fail, I will be dead anyways.” Jina still kneeling on the ground.

 

“Remember the time, you, me and krystal sneak out to buy candy, even though that was before the training had started to use abuse. I didn’t forget.”

 

Jina started shaking. She didn’t respond.

 

“Then we all became a tool. I remember those robotic eyes of yours.”

 

“Then take my life.” Jina mumbled.

 

Jessica didn’t reply. She only picked up the gun laying on the ground and handed to Jina. Jina grabbed the handle and looked up at Jessica.

 

Her eyes wide open in shocked. Heechul tried to pull Jessica away, but Jessica didn’t move.

 

“If you hate me so much, you can land your bullet right here.” Jessica pointed towards her heart.

 

Jina stared at her for awhile. She didn’t move as if they are talking to each other with their eyes. Jina raised the gun.

 

She pointed the mouth of the gun against her own head.

 

 

“You should had killed me. Then I don’t have to do this.” Jina smiled.

 

“Unni.. What...” Jessica extended her hand to stop the crazy act.

 

“Be a good girl. Sica.”

 

The roar of the blind bullet blowed another silence into the empty room.

 

 


 

 

Heechul stripped the bloody shirt off his shoulder in the bathroom. His face clenched up as Jessica dapped the cotton on his wound. Her other fingers smoothing softly on the skin.

 

“It’s more painful that what I saw on TV.” Heechul added.

 

Jessica raised the alcohol in the air. “This is going to hurt.”

 

“Man. I don’t see when it won’t.” Heechul hissed. The transparent liquid pour down his wound. Heechul bit his bottom lips and mumbled a curse word under his breath. Jessica continue her unskilled stitch.

 

“You better make it look pretty.” Heechul played.

 

“I didn’t went to medical school. I am killer not a doctor.” Jessica scouted. Heechul chucked.

 

“I am glad. You are back.” He made eye contact with Jessica. “I am sorry about what happen.”

 

Jessica respond coldly, “I don’t think sorry is the word. To me Jina had been dead along time ago. The day we started training. She changed into a different person.”

 

She stood up and took off the surgical gloves. “But what can I complain about, my mother left me there.” The girl washed her hands and fixed all the tools on the sink.

 

She lift her head up and saw her own reflection on the mirror. The hollow eyes stare right back at her. There are blood smeared on her face. All of her motion paused. Heechul stood up behind her.

 

They looked at each other in the mirror.

 

“Jessica. Are you ok?” The man called softly. She thought of the children who had trained with her. She thought of the time that she was abused. There are many of these soulless eyes that haven’t seen the light.

 

“Heechul. Can you trust me?” Jessica turned back to him. He lean in and planted a light kiss on her lips. With his thumb, he wipe the blood off her face.

 

“You just need to trust yourself. I won’t doubt you.” The man smiled.

 

 


 

Heechul and Jessica exit the bathroom and joined Yoona and Donghae on the table. Yoona supporting her chin with her palm. Donghae spinning the pencil in his with his thumb.

 

Donghae’s raised his solemn eyes to Jessica. A heavy sigh left him. Jessica had told Donghae about Jina. He wasn’t sure what to say. Jessica understands.

 

After all, Donghae had never been in the training with Jina. He wouldn’t know to say sorry or thank you for Jina’s death.

 

“What is the plan?” Heechul slide himself on one of the seat. Jessica followed.

 

Yoona rolled opened a sketched thin paper. Her eyes met Jessica’s but didn’t say another word.

 

“This is the direction to the underground. Next to it, it’s the map of the underground. I haven’t figure about the whole structure, because of the high security.” Donghae continues.

 

“They had moved their location.” Jessica added. “The army force seems to have increased.”

 

“You knew about the force?” Donghae raised his eyebrows.

 

“Yes. I was suppose to be in the armed force, which most of them are still hidden in the city, but I was pulled out to help Minjoong.” Jessica explained.

 

Donghae swallow and his expression clenched together. “So you were...”

 

“Abused.” Jessica stared into his eyes, but she can only see her own flashback. “Brainwashed, beaten, chained, striped.”

 

Heechul’s eyes filled with sympathy. He didn’t look at Jessica. She is in her little world.

 

“There are many more of them under there. It’s like a concentration camp.” Donghae describes.

 

“We need to take those kids out of that place first.” Yoona added.

 

“But how there are no space to walk out, except for that door that is guarded by many.” Donghae circle the door of the sketch. His pencil tapped on the paper.

 

“There is.” Jessica spoke again. Everyone’s eyes turned to her. She pointed her fingers at the huge training room.

 

“That is a closed room. No windows or doors.” Donghae worried.

 

Jessica lifted her head from the table. She stood up and grabbed a glass from the counter.

 

“There is a large water pipe going through the ceiling of the training room.” She pouts the water into the transparent glass. “The water stops running at mid-night.”

 

“Then we can get them out of there.” Donghae smiled.

 

“It will have be fast. Water will start running again after 15 minutes.” Jessica added.

 

“I could lead the people above the street away from the place we bomb.” Yoona continues, “I can turn that area into a ghost town by mid-night.”

 

Donghae nodded.

 

“In this room,” Donghae lean closer the map, “there are bombs and guns.” Then there is a long silence in the room. The sound of the wind hitting against the window can be heard loudly.



 

 

“I will do it.” Heechul faced Jessica.

 

Jessica and Heechul exchanged looks, but she couldn’t get the worry expression off her face.

 

“Ok. We will start at 12 p.m. tomorrow night. I will message the time.” Donghae rolled up the paper.

 

 


 

 

As Heechul and Jessica walked out Yoona’s house, they separate and walk their own ways. Before Heechul said anything, Jessica lean forward and attracted her lips with his.

 

She pulled away and smooth his heart.

 

“Stay alive. Run if you have to.”

 

Heechul smiled and walked away. “I have a hidden beast in me. Trust me.”

 
 

Author's note

Thank you for reading.

:)