Whose Side Are You On

Good Girl, Bad Girl

 

Whose Side Are You On



 

 

“Sir. Please!” A man armed with an army outfit pushed Heechul back. “She is not allow to be visited.”

 

“I said get out my way!” Heechul screamed with fury on his face.

 

“Sir! If you don’t are going to step in, I will have to take care of you by law.” The man kept his expression cool.

 

“You little...” Heechul clenched his teeth and unable to swallow the worry. Then his lawyer stopped him from going any farther. Heechul turned around. The man in suit nodded to him and said, “Mr.Kim, the master wants to see you.”

 

Heechul sighed heavily knowing his father would started to get involve with this. After all, he hadn’t been home since last week. He had no choice but to leave for now.

 

His mind can’t pull away from Jessica.

 

 


 

 

Heechul step into the empty big house. His mother rushed to him like a she had just found her missing child. His father walking towards him slowly with a heavy eyebrows on. Heechul kept his expression cool and he bow to the man.

 

When he lift up his head, Kihong swing a slap across his son’s face. His mother gasped with both hand over .

 

“What the hell do you think you are doing?” A lion like roar echoed across the huge empty livingroom. “You can play with all the women you want, but don’t involved with gangs and policies. The middle man is the only one that suffers.”

 

“Then you want me to marry a high commander.” Heechul shoot his father a furious look. His father angry raised in surprised. His son never talk back to him before. He had always spoiled him to let him became a useless person.

 

His mother smooth Heechul’s arm. “Don’t say that. Quick, apologize to your father.”

 

“You are involved with the Underground, right? You are involved with a hidden corruption. That is why we are so rich. That is why his name have to be hidden.” Heechul raised his voice. “That why she have to be kill!”

 

“Shut up!” Another slap flew towards his face. Heechul grabbed his father by the wrist. He no longer care about his father expect him to do anymore.

 


 

 

“Yoona!” Donghae knocked the window again and again. The light is on but the thin curtain is blocking his view into the room. He had been standing outside for about 30 minutes now.

 

Maybe, I went too far yesterday. I should have consider her feelings. Donghae thought to himself. He climb over the wall and landed stably on the ground. Taking his step, he kicked the little rock by him.

 

Donghae lift his head to the night sky. The moon is more beautiful than before. “Too bad someone can’t see it.” Donghae mumbled to himself.

 

Before he inhale some a relaxing fresh air, someone covered his nose with a strong smell of chloroform. He elbowed the person behind him. With a flip, he throw the man up in the air. However, another man looped a bag over him.

 

Before he know it, darkness took over.


 

Donghae woke up in his bed. A huge headache hit him when he lift his head. Minjoong is sitting right next to him. Donghae quickly put up his alert, but he soon realize that there are only two of them in the room.

 

“Donghae.” His father called.

 

Donghae didn’t say another word.

 

“You when to see that girl again?” His father questioned.

 

No reply.

 

“Donghae, there is something you need to see.” His father rolled up his own selves. It revealed a scar from his shoulder to end of his arm. Donghae shocked by the damage on his father’s body. The skin color of the wide scar is visibly different from his original tone.

 

Don’t mess get involved with any police. They don’t have justice. They lie.

 

“Tell me. Please, who is Jessica’s mother. Why do I have to get away from them? Why do you want to destroy their family?” Donghae asked unstoppably.

 

Minjoong’s expression suddenly changed. It’s not something his son had seen from a vicious gang leader. “There is something we need to protect.”

 

“We?”

 

“The only way. We can live.” His father’s eyes wandered around the room.

 

Then his voice turned low, “Someone wants to take over the world. We are on their side.”

 


 

 

Heechul enter his father room after his mother’s consistent nagging about apologizing. Before he step into the door, he overheard his father’s conversation with another man on the phone.

 

“Y- yes.” Kihong’s voice shivered.

 

Heechul had never heard his father had any fear. After all a man with all the power and wealth in this world, why would he be afraid of anything else.

 

“The financial  situation is under control.” His father continued. He paused for the person on the other side to reply. His eyes grew wide, then took in a deep breath.

 

“I understand.” Then his father shut the phone. He turned and saw Heechul standing by the door. Kihong’s face expression froze in shock for a moment, then he swallowed loudly.

 

“Who is that?” Heechul questioned with his eyes pin in his father’s. Kihong nervously switch the topic, “We should talk about the future of the company son.” He laughed.

 

“Who is that?” Heechul continue stubbornly.

 

His father’s eyebrows furrowed, “It’s not your job to question me.”

 

“Then tell me the truth.” He stated boldly.

 

Kihong sighed and finally gave in. He knew his son have to take his position soon, so there is no harm to keep hiding it. “Someone wants to take over the world. We are on their side.”

 

 


 

 

Yoona leap into the control room and put the security to sleep. She turn off all the camera and headed to the cell with a mask on.

 

She matched down the hall boldly.

 

“Sorry. This is not a place you can enter.” A guard blocked her. She grabbed his arm and loop under it. With a backhand hit she strike the back of the guard’s neck. Another guard rushed to the scene, while loading his gun.

 

Yoona spin out a sharp knife towards the guard. The man dodged and left the gun unloaded. Yoona lifted her right leg. In the speed of lighting, it struck the enemy’s shoulder and neck. Left the guard unable to stay awake.

 

She put out a gun as another guard approach. The mouth of the gun aimed at the guard’s head. The man drop his weapon and raised his arm. Yoona pulled her distance closer to the shivering guard. She spin around and put the man to sleep.

 

With the guard’s ID, she enter the protected cell. As she approach, she turn off all the machine protected layer.

 

A few prisoner heard her foot step and gave her an ugly look as she walked by. All the prisoners here have death sentence tied them to the ground. Yoona headed towards Jessica’s cell. When Jessica saw her, they had no word for each other.

 

Both of them stared at each other through the bulletproof glass layer.

 

Yoona final broke the silence, “You want to get out here?” The girl turned to her with a surprised look. Yoona opened the glass barrier with the guard’s ID and enter the password. Jessica watch the glass door raised up. She was freed.

 

“What happen to the betrayal and revenge?” Jessica asked and knew exactly who the masked woman was.

 

Yoona throw the brown note book towards Jessica. Jessica catched the flying paper.

 

Yoona gave her a look, but this time it didn’t fill with hatred.

 

Jessica looked at the notebook and looked back at Yoona. She flip open the first page. Her eyes scan across the old yellow lined paper.

 

#35085

 

Report to duty.

 

Target: The Hidden Trade, The Hidden Man, The Hidden Lead.

 

Direction: Unknown

 

Jessica raised her right eyebrow and gave Yoona another questioning look.

 

“Just continue.”

 

Jessica pull her attention back to the blue inked words.

The assassination society will be my first approach. Undercover mission had just began. If anyone had this notebook, that can only mean one thing. I am no longer alive. For whatever reason, I gave away my life. Help me to pass my children this notebook. My last wish is for them to complete my last mission.

 

We are on our own side.

 

Mission.

 

The word had always been carved into Jessica’s brain. She had lived under that word for more than 20 years. All these had been caused by an unknown mission. What good does it bring? She throw the notebook back to Yoona.

 

Yoona gave her shock expression.

 

“Thanks.” Jessica stepped out the cell and walked herself out the place.

 

“Wait.” Yoona stopped her by jerking her shoulder. Jessica didn’t turn around. “This is from our mother.”

 

“I knew.” Jessica continued.

 

“Do you know anything about her?” Yoona tune her voice down.

 

“No.”

 

“What do mean no? This is what I have been trying to do. I have been looking for my sister and mother.” Yoona caught up in her own tension.

 

“You really don’t need to do. I want to leave this place.” Jessica spinned around. Their eyes filled with sorrow and bitter. “I killed her. She die giving birth to me. How irresponsible for her let her daughter to hold such pain while she just left!”

 

Yoona’s shoulder relaxed and unconsciously felt pity for Jessica.

 

“I don’t want to appear anymore. Let her mission die with her. I am sick being bad.”  Jessica pushed Yoona’s arm off her shoulder. Yoona didn’t know how to reply, because she had never experienced anything like that.

 

She lives in a luxurious home. She is surrounded with family members and friends. Her environment is safe that she can go chase whatever she wanted to do. She will never be able to understand Jessica.

 

She lives in war. She is surrounded with enemies and killers. Her dream had never been heard once. She can’t get the meaning of her purpose.

 

Yoona waited for Jessica to walked out the quiet jail. Jessica stopped by the exist. She turned her head to the side showing her sharp side profile. Her eyes in distance, then her lips moved.

 


“It’s nice to finally meet you, sister.”

 

 

 
 

Author's note

Thank you for reading.

^ ^ What do think will happen next?

Hello to all the new subies. :) 

Please comment. It always gives me more motivation to keep writing.

Enjoy your day  ^ ^