Her Last Breath

Good Girl, Bad Girl

Her Last Breath



 

Heechul regained his conscious. There are no light. He must had been trapped by the rocks that fell. He exhaled heavily and the dust near his mouth flew like white powder.  

 

The last thing he remember is Jessica’s voice. He took a few minutes struggled to pull himself up from the ground. He knew his numb arm had been broken, so he support himself up with the help of the piece of cement rock next to him. Leaning on the sharp rocks, he examined the his surrounding.

 

His heart raised in panic. Jessica’s lying on the ground near him.

 

Covered with blood.

 

A cold run up his back. He clenched his heart as if someone stab it with a blazer. He bite his teeth tight and eyes danced. Taking in every detail of his lover, his weak shaking hand reached towards Jessica.

 

His unstable leg gave up on him. He fell towards the ground. Hard against the cold rocks, but it didn’t hurt. The pain in his heart had numbed his wounds.

 

He pull himself closer to Jessica.

 

Tears running down his dusty cheek. He wiped his shivering thumb across the blood dripping down Jessica’s face.

 

His own thoughts are drowning him. What if she is dead? What if I won’t be able to see her again? What if she will never smile again?

 

Heechul’s heart ached, “You can’t do that to me.” His voice is almost at a whisper.

 

“If you are dead, what am I going to do? Who is going to assassinate me now?”

 

“Who is going to threaten me?”

 

“Who is going to smile at me?”

 

“Who is going to trust me?”

 

There is a long silence.





 

He stared at her still eyelids. Still no movement. He roll over to his back staring at the light cracks between the rocks on top of them.

 

“Jessica. Wake up.” He closed his eyes.


 

“Sh..ut.. up.. will you.” The weak voice tickled his ear. He turn his head to Jessica’s direction. She coughed violently and searched for his hand. Heechul snuggled his hand over. As soon as they felt each other’s warmth, they locked their fingers together.  

 

A smile lifted up Heechul’s face. He had never been smiling this stupid in a while.

 

Jessica try to get up but unable to pull herself away from the ground. It’s felt like gravity is sitting on her. She smiled weakly at Heechul.

 

“You should get out of here.” Jessica squeeze his hand.

 

“No. I will get you out too.”  Heechul sat back up with all his strength. Despite one of his useless arm. He was able to lift Jessica into lean against the wall. Jessica watch the blood dripping down her fingers. She slipped down the wall and smeared the the blood down the gray, unstable wall.

 

“It’s my back.” She said.

 

Heechul turned to Jessica’s back and quickly looked away. The vivid wound still printed in his brain. Her white bone shown through the deep cut. It’s not something he can fix with a thin needle. If he drag any longer, her life will be at risk.

 

“Just leave! I am going to die.” She stared at the ground. He watched the blood like tears streaming down her thin, pale chin.

 

“I am not leaving without you.”  Heechul pulled on Jessica again, but he is weak. Unable to fight the battle of balance, they fell towards the ground again.

 

Jessica stacked on Heechul. Her tears dropping down his cheek and followed his tear trail.

 

“Just leave! Damn it! Why are you doing this? Mei and Mat are dead and I killed them. I am betrayer. I am your killer. I hated my own mother. I don’t belong anywhere in the ...”

 

Heechul pull his lips against hers. She exhaled heavily. As he pulled away, she froze at him. This is the first time she had freaked out like a little girl. It happened because she knew Heechul will gave her comfort.

 

“I am in love, Sica. It’s something more deadly than poison.” Heechul smiled and the last drop of tear splashed off his cheek. Her eyes unable to pull away from the god like face in front of her.

 

Jessica pushed herself to the side and the slap to the ground hurts. Heechul stood back up slowly. Heechul ripped part of his shirt and wrapped around his wounded arm.  

 

With his usable arm, he pushed the light rocks out the way. It took him a few minute make a clear route. Then he went back to Jessica and lift her up slowly. Supporting each other, they limped their way out the dark hole.

 

Heechul turned alerted, when the sound of gunshots roared the air. They had lost their sense of direction. The fog had build up for the battle field. The next thing they see is a woman limping out the fog.

 

“It’s Yong.” Jessica coughed out her words. Heechul press his broken earpiece, but unable to hear Donghae or Yoona’s reply.

 

“How does she even know we are here?” Heechul questioned as he picked up his step with Jessica to the run.

 

“They have a... tracker on me.” Jessica breathing heavily and unable to keep her eyes open.

 

“What?”

 

“It’s.. it’s implanted near my heart.” She finally said.

 

“That’s how they find out. We are in the Underground.” Heechul started to speed up. Jessica unable to follow and drop to the ground. She kneel on her knees.

 

“I am sorry.” She took in a deep breath, but can’t breath normally.


 

Heechul walked behind her and face the limping creature speeding towards them. Yong step out the fog and sinister smile reveal on her face.

 

She launched her attack on Heechul. With one arm he attempted to block her inconsistent attacks. She found a chance and fist Heechul’s broken arm. He screamed in pain and caught off guard.

 

In full speed, Yong grabbed Heechul by the neck and putted the mouth of her gun against his head.

 

“I will make your little friends pay. Im Yoona. Lee Donghae!” Yong loaded the bullet into the chamber. Jessica fired another bullet towards Yong’s other leg. The woman kneel towards them. Heechul quickly pull Jessica away and hide behind a thick tree.


 

Yong’s hand still had the loaded gun firing at random direction.

 

“You think you can bring peace to the world?” She screamed like a mad dog.

“This is the only way to survive!”

 

“Me. Me. ONLY. I am god!” She laughed with half-moon eyes.

 

 

Before she had a chance to load her bullet, another shot flew in from the right, Yong had dropped her gun to the ground. Her eyes still wide open like a witch that won’t surrender to death.

 

Yoona stood out in the white fog. Donghae ran towards Heechul and Jessica. Yoona lower her gun. She and Jessica exchange looks. For some reason they resemble each other. The same expression, the same spirit, the same heart.



 

She walked up to Jessica that is when another shot fired. Yoona hit the ground. She looked at her own stomach and watched the blood ran down her body. She looked at Yong with wide eyes, then turned to Jessica. Donghae’s eyebrows furrowed furiously. Donghae and Heechul pinned Yong down to the ground as soon as she try to load another bullet.

 

The mad woman screamed, “How dare you! I am the ruler of the world!”


 

The two sister held each other’ hand. Jessica and Yoona look at each other. Jessica finally gave up her last bit of energy. She breathe out deeply, and allow her eyes to be taken over by darkness.

 

The last thing Yoona remember the sound of the police car driving towards. She could have directed them to take care of Jessica first, but she joined her sister in the dreamland.





 

Yoona woke up abruptly in the white bed. Donghae turned to her quickly, when she attempted to sit up. Her eyes wander around the white room. The sun shining in the hospital room. It’s so calm that she had almost forgot what happen.

 

“They said you didn’t got wounded too deeply, the bullet didn’t damage your organs.” Donghae pulled on a solemn smile.

 

“How is Jessica?” Yoona questioned right away.

 

“She...” Donghae hesitated and shuffled his hair.

 

“What?”

 

‘She is still in the emergency room.” Donghae sighed, “they are trying to find her matching blood. But both Heechul and I are not a match.”

 

Yoona slip out bed.

 

“You can’t move yet!”

 

“I got to save her! I need to.”  Yoona speed up her step with the support of the wall. Her bare feet skipping against the cold floor.

“Yoona!” Donghae chase after her.

 

She passed Heechul and speeded by her brother, Siwon.

 

Yoona pushed through the emergency room. The nurses stopped her at the door.

 

“Take me as a live donor.” Yoona pound her fist against her heart.

 

“You blood type match but we can’t do that Ms. Im. You had lost a lot of blood. If you go in right now, you will put your life in danger.” The nurse explained detailly.

 

“Just do it please. My life had been in danger since the day I was born. Jessica just blocked all for me.” Yoona’s eye filled with tears, “She is ...my family.”

 

“My sister.”



 

They pushed Yoona next to Jessica. Yoona smiled to know that Jessica is still alive. She reach Jessica’s hand and squeeze it tight. The machine beep against her ears.

 

“Your sister have your back.”  Yoona said softly.

 

Before, they hook up the needles. Jessica’s heart rate suddenly dropped. Yoona’s eyes wide in shock. She looked at the doctor’s panic expressions. The command flow out the main surgeon's mask. The room became busy as the people in blue bring out new machines in a hurry. Soon, Yoona’s blood is flowing towards Jessica. Their hands still linked together.

 

The long deep of the dead heart rate ringing against Yoona’s ear. She squeeze Jessica’s hand even tighter.


 

“Doctor! We are loosing her.”

 

The atmosphere in the room got tighten. Almost everyone held their breath as the main surgeon try to save Jessica’s last breath.

 

Yoona rubbed her thumb gently on her sister’s hand.




“Mom. Don’t take her.”

 

Author's note

Thank you for reading.

Hope you like this chapter :).

Hint the story is getting closer to it's end. 

Leave a comment, I would love to hear some of your thoughts . :)