The Cupid's Arrow

Good Girl, Bad Girl

The Cupid's Arrow



 

 

The car comes to a stop when they reach the front door of the clock tower. It’s already 12:10a.m., but the big clock had showed the wrong time. It had been more than 30 years since that clock had stop working. Yoona look up the tower feeling suspicious about the sudden power shut for the clock. She step out the car as Donghae opened the door for her. Being a gentleman would show calmness in a panic situation like this.


 

Jungin is on the phone as he parked the car. Then he ran to Yoona with the news of stopped clock. Yoona knew is nothing surprised to her. Someone is trying to get her to the top of the clock. Yoona scanned Donghae who is looking up at the tower with the word worry pasted on his forehead.


 

“Let’s go Donghae-ish.” Yoona offered politely, “We should fix the clock first before we find Heechul.”


 

Donghae nodded and follow as they entered the tower. People are busy in the building. It’s so crowded to even  entering the entrance. However, people made way for Yoona and Donghae to go by when they see the famous commander with the president of a jewelry company. Phones snapping around them as they walked in. Yoona smiled and nodded to thank them for letting her pass.


 

They walked by a clock workshop as they head toward the elevator. Donghae stop stared at a the time in front of him.


 

What if this is Jessica’s plan? Should he back away now? But Yoona will find out Jessica identity if Jessica is still executing her plan right now.


 

“Jungin you stay here. If anything happen connect, the police department.” Yoona instructed. She is feeling something suspicious about this.


 

“Yes.” Jungin stood behind as Yoona step into the elevator.  

 


“Are you coming?” Yoona standing by the elevator. Donghae and her eyes connected for a few second. Then he nodded and followed her.


 

As the elevator did it’s counting, Donghae swallow nervously. No words were exchanged between them. The sound of arrive echo in the empty room. The metal doors slide open, but none of them moved. No one stepped out. Yoona’s eyes grew at Heechul’s body tied up against a poll.


 

A tape across his mouth and the eyes of calling for help. Yoona quickly took action. She handed a key to Donghae and pull out a gun under her dress as she exits the elevator. Donghae flinched at her fast moves and followed out before the metal closes.


 

He stare at the key in his hand. Yoona search for danger as she walk closer to Heechul. Donghae frown in confusion.


 

What is this? Jessica tell me! Should I leave? Donghae sigh inwardly.


 

“Donghae help me turn the clock back on. The main power is on the ceiling right in front of Heechul.” Yoona requested after she try to find out how to get Heechul out of this thing. Donghae stared at the key and step in front of Heechul.


 

“What do I do now?” Donghae lift his head up looking at the keyhole.


 

“You just have to turn the key.” Yoona still trying to pick the lock on Heechul’s handcuff.


 

Donghae pick up the head of the key and insert the key. His hand twisted the metal.  A loud sound of metal work started. The screeching noise of the turning pieces above them.


 

Then he felt a small body bump into him on his back. A few drop of water splashed on Donghae’s face. Yoona and Heechul’s face frozen.


 

When he turn around, Jessica is leaning against him with an arrow on her shoulder.


 

Her eyes fill with anger. “God damn it!”


 



 

Jessica quickly move herself away from Donghae’s body. After all, she have to finished her mission. Playtime is over. If she don’t finish this, Minjoong will finish her. Jessica pull a coal dark gun and pointed at Heechul’s temple . She pressed on the hammer of the gun.


 

Heechul had his eyes widen looking at his lover. A beautiful injured monster standing next to him. Blood dripping down from her forefinger. They hit the ground one by one like a start before a bloody rainstorm.


 

Without hesitation Yoona pointed the gun at Jessica. Jessica move her finger closer to trigger. Sweats dripping down Heechul’s face.


 

Then Yoona felt a mouth of a gun on the back of her head. Donghae had Jessica’s silver gun from the days before. Yoona’s heart dropped to the ground.


 

Part of it is because she is disappointed in herself for letting these two escape in the restaurant. The other part is she had landed her heart on the wrong person.


 

Love in first sight- bull.


 

“Put your gun down. I will pull the trigger.” Donghae makes his final remark with the ice tone from Jessica.


 

Yoona’s eyes blink uncontrollably in unsatisfaction. Jessica gave Donghae an anxious look. She hate to see Donghae involved with her killing. He just doesn’t seem to notice the line that Jessica drew around herself.


 

She wants to be alone and emotionless, but for some reason Donghae away risk his own life to cross the line. No matter how much she try to push him away, he try to cross it again.


 

This time he did it again.


 

Yoona lower her gun slowly, then with a lightning quick slide she turn behind Donghae. Twisting his gun pointing at his own temple. Jessica push the gun on Heechul’s head. His head tilt to the side.


 

You . His eyes said to Jessica.


 

Jessica ignore the stare from her prey. She focuses on Yoona telling her to drop her gun. Jessica can’t afford to lose Donghae. He is her only family. She loved Donghae as a brother. Seeing another person wanting to kill him, fears her. Jessica cool down by exhaling heavily. There she go again. Letting emotion to get involved with her mission.


 

“It’s no use.” Donghae whisper to Yoona. Yoona raised her eyebrow at him not understand what he meant.


 

“She was raised to kill.” He commented.


 

“I was raised to save.” Yoona’s brow furrowed.


 

Donghae chuckled, “Ironically, you have a gun against my head.”  Yoona suddenly have the thought to let him go. She felt a bit afraid to harm him. The way he cares for that girl in front of them makes her jealous.

She wants him to care for her like that too. But why, why? Why is she falling for her prisoner.


 

Oh, Juliet.


 

Stop putting your Romeo in danger.


 

Can’t you see his charm?


 

Don’t you want him to love you?


 

The day you saw Romeo.


 

The Cupid had pieced an arrow through your heart.


 

Heechul felt Jessica unlocking the handcuff, but he didn’t dare to move. Any moment now there can be a hole through his brain. Heechul looked at the arrow sticking out of Jessica’s shoulder. Trying to find a chance to attack her weakness.


 

“We are in an equal situation right now. Let Heechul go and I will let you two go.” Yoona offered a solution.


 

Jessica hesitated for a while. She knew it. She is not the perfect killer after all. Donghae is important to her. The only person she wanted to protect. Jessica pushed Heechul to walk forward. Donghae started to walk towards Jessica.


 

Yoona’s gun is still facing the back of Donghae’s head. Jessica slowly lower her guard.


 

Bang!


 

A bullet zip through between Heechul and Donghae. Pain landed on Jessica’s right stomach. She kneels quickly as blood pour out her wound. Donghae turn with lighting speed and kicked Yoona’s gun to the air. He grabbed her wristed. With his right feet behind her left feet, they felt on the ground.


 

Yoona is too surprised at Donghae’s attack. She was trained for situations like this but why is she so weak in front of him.


 

Jessica pulled Heechul’s handcuff and run down the stairs to escape.


 

Yoona’s face is only a few inches away from Donghae’s. Her heart races at his attraction. His angry expression became more attractive than before. She try to free herself from him, but her legs and wrist were pinned down on the ground. She is stronger than this.


 

“I thought you killed her.” Donghae said the words furiously. Her eyes widen at his expression. Then he continues,  “I was going to kill you.”


 

Her heart sank.


 

We have only met twice. Why have I developed so much for you? Romeo, look at me!

 

 

 

 

 

 


Author's note

Thank you for reading.

Sorry for a late update. I have been sick. };

Hope you guys like the story tho  ^^

upvote and comment <3