Death Sentence

Good Girl, Bad Girl

Death Sentence



 

 

Charge for first degree murder. One week in jail for further investigation. After the week, it will a Death Sentence.

 

The sounds of the hammer hitting the brown wood travel to her ears.

 

She wasn’t charged for her brother’s injury because of the lack of evidence. However, she was charged all other gang leaders she had killed.

 

She turned her head to Heechul, who had his eyebrows knitted together. He kept sending a message, I will get you out.

 

Heechul had hired lawyers and investigators to help her. That was how she got one more week of living.

 

Jessica on the other hand didn’t think that she can live. She felt the shame. Those eyes still haunted her at night. She had realize her own heart had been melt. The reason she had became so cold and heartless is because she is selfish. She was afraid of feeling guilty.

 

It’s not like she understand the word guilt. Until, she met Heechul.


 

The armed police pulled Jessica out the place. Jessica kept her emotionless face again and gave Heechul a look.

 

Her death sentence was like a stab to his heart. He is not letting his love to slip out his hand again. He trusted that she had never killed the innocents.

 

 


 

 

“That was the judge’s sentence.” Jongin explained the message to Yoona’s father. Yoona is standing beside the hospital bed looking at his father’s expression. She still hasn’t told him about who Jessica is.

 

Jongwoon went silent. “Yoona.” He raised his hand to his daughter’s.

 

“Yes, father.” Yoona answered gently.

 

“Isn’t she your friend?” He raised the question. Everyone is pushing her to have connection with Jessica. She want to put this behind.

 

Yoona hesitated for a moment. “No.”

 

Jongwoon reading his daughter’s mind, “Why is she bothering your mood then?” Yoona surprised by the fact. Then her father continues, “I am feeling is not hate.”

 

“Are you inferring that I should help her?” Yoona’s brows furrowed.

 

“Her eyes. Yoona” Her father turned his eyes back to the ceiling. “She looks like you mother. It’s weird. Her personality seems to be like your mother too. ”

 

Yoona went silent.

 

Because she my sister.



 

Yoona left the hospital after visiting Siwon. She spent sometime on Jessica’s case for that whole afternoon. In her office, she had went through every paper, every book. However, the evidences from all the cases are pointing at her.

 

Surrounded by a piles of paper, she lay down on the ground. This is like fighting herself in her own case. She is the one who found those evidence. She is the one wanted to destroy the gang. Now, she had lost her direction.

 

There is no way to destroy the evidences, because it’s already seen by the judge. If only she can start over again. If only she had not chase after the gangs.

 

If only her mother’s pass away.

 

Then maybe she could save her sister.

 

Then maybe she would love her sister.

 

Yoona stood up from the ground and grabbed her coat. She walked out the her office and slapped the door behind her. This whole thing gave her a headache. She just wanted to go back home and see Donghae.

 

She hated herself for this.

 


 

 

Yoona stood by the window waiting for a shadow to climb over the walls. Her eyes wandered around the night sky. The moon is shining in the sky.

 

Then there is a knock on the window. She quickly slide it over. Donghae had a smile on his face. Yoona wrapped her hands around his neck. She leaned towards him and hugged him tight.

 

“You are late.” Yoona said gently.

 

“Sorry, I have to get through all the people guarding my door.” He chuckled happily because of her words. His hand patting her back lightly.

 

Yoona climbed out the window and they headed back to the tree. After all is the only place that moon would shine brightly on.

 

“Is something bothering you?” Donghae tilt his head like a puppy.

 

“Donghae remember Ryeowook?” Yoona still has a frown on her face.

 

Donghae sighed heavily, “Yes.”

 

“You said you will never want to be friends with anyone.”  Yoona questioned, “Then why do you have the courage to treat me so well.”

 

Donghae’s eyes grew by her questions. They looked at each.

 

“I might hurt you. I am suppose to your enemy. Out of all the people, you chose to come to me.” Yoona turned away to the night sky.

 

Donghae lay down on the grass. There is a smile on his face. He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath. Yoona lay down next to him.

 

“Because you promised, Yoona.” The girl turned her head to him. Her eyes couldn’t pull away from his side face.

 

“You promised that you will never leave me.” He turn his head to her too.

 

Their eyes met. Nose inches away. Yoona blushed and quickly turned away. She sits up from the grass.

 

“They gave Jessica her sentence.” She quickly switch topic. Donghae sits up too with all his attentions on her.

 

“A death sentence?” There is disappointment in his eyes.

 

“I’m sorry. I tried. I went through all the documents. I was thinking maybe there is a way to flip the case.” She turned back to Donghae. “But, Donghae, She did kill those people.”

 

“She did. I saw it with my own eyes.” Donghae answered. “But you know what else I saw.”

 

Yoona clenched her teeth from the nervousness.

 

“I saw those so call victims overpowering the law. I saw them killing the innocents. Taking away the things that don’t below to them. That is what I saw.” Donghae stood up with a bit of angry from his own flashback.

 

Yoona followed quickly. “I am sorry, but I...”

 

Donghae spinned around and grabbed her by the shoulder. His eyes looked into her eyes.

 

“Why do you always have to be the good one?”



 

There is a long silence, but he was not looking for an answer. Donghae walked away from the garden. Yoona watch the lonely back leap over the dark wall.

 

She stood alone under the moonlight.


 

 


 

 

Yoona stood in front of her mirror and stared at her own reflection.

 

Why? Why is she the good one?

 

She see flaws on her. However, perfection is what she was aiming for.

 

Can there be perfection?

 

She stood up from the chair furiously. The chair hit the ground. Her expression on her face changed. Her brother is right there are corruptions. She will be the one who fix them. If law doesn’t work, then she will do it another way.

 

Yoona flip through her clothes. She slipped on something black and tight. The curtain is shutted and doors are locked. She slide the loaded gun to her right and shapte knifes to her left.

 

She walked back in front of the mirror. Her fist tighten. Her eyes seems to changed to a similar person. She saw her own sister looking back at her.Death sentence will be change by her own hand.




Justice is no longer her favorite word.

 

 

 

Author's note

Thank you for reading.

Check out the new trailer in the foreward.

Please upvote if you like the story

What do think she is going to do? How will Jessica and Yoona's relationship changed?

Comment to let me know  :) 

Enjoy you day.