The Battle’s E.N.D.

Good Girl, Bad Girl

The Battle’s E.N.D.



 

 

 

“Sir. You need to open the door. Your action would be count as a crime for protecting a runaway criminal.” The police banging on the hospital door with a gun. Heechul pushed everything against the door as if zombies were about to attack.

 

He turn back to Jessica who is sitting on a wheel chair, facing the transparent glass window. She is still too weak to stand.

 

Heechul approach her once again. He squat in front of her and held her cold hand in his. Her eyes shifted to him gently.

 

“I won’t let them take you.” Heechul rubbed the back of her hand against his lips. She didn’t reply, but she watched her lover’s warming actions. “We can escape. We can jump out the window. I will catch you... or..”

“Heechul.” Jessica called to calm him down. He sighed knowing what she wanted to say. “Are you afraid of death?”

 

It’s that question again. The time they met in her apartment. He didn’t experience life before meeting her, so he wasn’t afraid.  


 

Now...

 

He is.

 

He is scare of losing her or being left behind.

 

“As if I am fight with the devil since I was born. I could had been killed since I was a baby. “ Jessica looked up at him. “I use to think that I was able to escape death, because I don’t need to care who is around me.” Heechul’s eyebrows knitted together. His heart ache in pain.

 

“Now I think the death god wants me. You are the only one that is still holding me from leaving the world.” Jessica continue weakly.

 

Heechul shuffled his hair in frustration. “Why are you doing this?”

 

Jessica didn’t answer.

 

“Why are you giving up on yourself?”

 

“Guilty! Heechul.” Tears streamed down her cheek. She raised her hands to her face, “I have been killing people without a blink. I enjoyed the torture of others. Now I experience it, I felt dead and useless.” Heechul cupped her face with his hand. He wipes the tears off her cheek with his thumb.

 

“Look at me Ssica.” Heechul said almost at a whisper. “You are the most amazing woman I have ever met. The first time I look into your eyes I saw a strong independent human being who is capable to cherish others. You were brainwashed like Jina and Krystal.”

 

Jessica wipes more tears with her right sleeve.

 

“The past is something we can’t change. Instead of locking your feeling on it, we can make something out of it. You save hundreds of children and collapsed the whole gang. Bring yourself back. This is not the Jessica I know.” Heechul smooth her hair.

 

“I am going out there.” Jessica’s wobble legs pull her up. Heechul held her hand tightly.

 

“You have two choice. We can run away or we can face this.” Heechul offered again.

 

“I am going to make something out of this. Let’s go.” Jessica pull her fingers to wrap around the gap of Heechul’s. Her other hand open the white door.


 

“Jessica Jung, we are here for you arrest.” The police officer lower his gun realizing her weak situation.


 

“You will be retrial for gang related assassinations.”


 

 


 

 

“Jessica-ish?”

 

“Jessica?”


 

She felt her shoulder being shaken, but the voices sounded so drowsy against her ears. She couldn’t make sense out their words. She is tired, nervous and in pain.

 

“Jung Jessica. Are there anymore you would like to add?” The old man who sat a stair higher behind the brown bench asked.

 

Jessica came back to the realization that she is in court facing a going-to-happen death sentence in front of her. She had no back up. She did kill those people. But she can’t die now, she know she can’t leave Minjoong running free and let Yong be sentence with a light crime.

 

She need to drag them down with her. They had ruined her and all the other children’s life.

 

“Am I the only assassinator in this case?” Jessica turned to her lawyer. The man nodded his head with a frown.

 

“Then I would like to say. It’s self-defence. I kill for my survival.”  Jessica continues, “I am brainwashed.”

 

“There is no evidence of brainwash underground. The children your side had mention is not found anywhere. There are evidence of you murdering the victims.”  The other side objects.

 

“She is the adopted daughter of the Underground leader. Her father forced her to kill.” Her side argues.

 

“That doesn’t give her rights to kill.”

 

“All the death are gang leaders. She did something for the country.”

 

“How ironic...”

 

The judge’s hammer rang the echoey courtroom. “Silence. Jung Jessica does your side have anymore evidence.”



 

No...

 

She don’t want to pull a kid into a trial nor did she want to put Donghae up there.


 

There must be something that she can do.


 

Maybe bring Minjoong to court.

 

...

 

But he would lie.


 

“If not then your sentence will be made. Due to your last escape we will add on to the punishment.”


 

“Wait!” A voice ramp into the courtroom. “I have new evidences.”


 

Jessica turned and her eyes met Yoona’s.  

 

“This is can proof Minjoong and Yong’s crime.” Yoona step up and handed the documents to the court police officer. “It’s from our secret agent who risked her life for this information.”

 

The judged put on his reading glasses and flipping through the documents.

 

Yoona turned to Jessica, “And she is that agent’s daughter. The one had been kidnap and train to into a killing machine.”

 

“Due to the new evidence we will delay Jung Jessica’s sentence.” The old judge took off his glasses. “However, she is under house arrest until further trials.” The hammer hit against the wood, “Court dismissed.”

 

Everyone started to shuffled their way out the room.

 

Two police guarded Jessica from left to right. Jessica’s eyes didn’t left Yoona.


 

She smiled and the odd words slip out her lips, “Thank you.”

 

 


 

 

Heechul’s heart ache as he watched Jessica walked out the courtroom. Her eyes wander and spot Heechul’s existence. She smiled brightly and nodded.

 

He finally relaxed his muscle. If he can replace her, he could take her sentence. As long as she is happy, anything is fine with him.

 

The police car brought Jessica back to her apartment, where now is no longer a empty place. It is filled with reporters and armed police officers.

 

Heechul request for a meeting with Jessica near by the entrance. Every reporters were all staring at him. They knew he is of the Kim family, but none of them came up to him and asked.

 

....until the entrance officer questioned his visit.


 

“What is your relationship with the criminal?”

 

Heechul hesitated.

 

“Why do you have to know?”

 

“It’s for a record. We don’t let anyone walk in and out of a house arrest.” The police officer glanced at him as if he had owed him something.


 

“I am her boy...”

 

“Sorry we can not allow any one who is ...”

 

“I am her family. Her soon to be husband. Her lover.”

 

The police stuttered and open away for him to enter. All the reporters’ jaws were hang from shock. As soon as Heechul step away, he can hear camera flashing furiously.

 

Jessica meets him by the doorway.

 

The first thing she said is, “When I am free from this crime, let’s start a family.”

 

“Of course, Mrs. Kim.” Heechul smiled.

 

 


 


 

Donghae’s arm wrap around Yoona’s shoulder as they watched the night sky above them. The stars were brighter than they remembered. As long as he knew she is next to him, the star will always be bright. She closed her eyes encoding every bit of his scent.

 

He fished a black box from his pocket and brought it in front of Yoona. He can feel her smile. She sat up and face him. Eyes wide and cheeks glowing in pink.

 

Fireflies carrying their yellow lantern and head out the green grass one by one. As if they are invited to see their moment, the sparkling lights joined them.

 

He opened the case then two paired rings sitting in the center shine under the moonlight.


 

Juliet, will you marry me?

 

“When I first met you I label you as my enemy, because our families are. But then I looked a little bit closer. You are childish, funny, caring, brave and trustworthy. When you had a gun pointing at me, I thought that I am willing to die for your survival.” He his bottom lips from nervousness.

 

Yoona smiled with a light chuckle.

 

“That is not it. I can’t live without you. If you are dead... I would follow you.”

 

“I would too.”

 

He tilt his head and press his lips against her warm lips. She chuckled and pull herself closer to him. They exchanged ring.


 

“Under the name of god, we are now husband and wife.”


 

I don’t need a fancy wedding. I don’t need to a wedding dress. I don’t need a diamond ring


All I need is you. My Romeo.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Author's note

Thank you for reading.

:) Buggle up for the last chapter.

<3