Cressida

Good Girl, Bad Girl

Cressida



 

For the past few days, Jessica is trying to heal her wound as fast as she can. The gun wound is healing slower than she had expected to be. She looks over at Heechul who is sitting by the window staring at the moon.

 

Jessica is surprised that he hasn’t try to find a chance to escape or to kill her. She is pretty sure that she had scared him the day at the clock tower. This is one of the strangest man who is not afraid of death. However is not like Jessica cares, but she will have to finish her mission today.

 

When the meat is in front of a lion, it will lose its sanity. She walked up next to Heechul. He turn his head at Jessica and light up with a warm smile.

 

“You finish your shower?” He asked with a light voice. Jessica nodded and push her damp hair to the back. She jump up on the edge of the window. Heechul’s eyes grew and step back, then Jessica sat down. Her leg hanging outside the window and the wind blowing against her black silky hair.

 

“You should be careful.” Heechul said Jessica didn’t reply, but she nodded. Heechul realize she is not just any other girl. Jessica might even survive if he push her out the window right now.

 

Heechul lean back to the window. He stare at Jessica, who is on his right. He traces her face features with his eyes. Then her lips moved.

 

“Are you afraid of death?”

 

Heechul raised his eyebrow at the killer. He turn back to the moonlight and ponder for a while. “Are you? You see death like your art. Are you afraid?”

 

“What do you think?” Jessica sounds calm and relax. Her voice no longer sound dead.

 

“You are.”

 

Jessica turn to Heechul. The light outlined his tall nose and high cheekbone. His fingers hanging outside the window. Wind blow in the window and her hair flap back behind her.

 

Heechul continues, “I see something in you. There is something hidden behind those eyes. You are too afraid so you decide to hide it with bloody death.”

 

“Partly right.” Jessica slip a piece of hair behind her ears. Heechul didn’t continue to ask nor did she continue to explain. They both understand the meaning. To her life have no purpose, but she enjoy the fun.

 

There is one thing that she needs to finish tonight.

 

The death of her last mission, before Minjoong send another assassinator to kill them both.


 

The room is quiet. No cars passing by, no crickets singing. She can heard her own blood stream flowing through her neck. Her body respond surprised her.

 

The beating sound of her heart increased.  His eyes are shut close and face relaxed. She place her hand lightly on top of his stomach. He is breathing normally. She had a needle on her right hand.

 

Killing him with an overdose of sleeping medication will be painless. She move the sharp needle towards his skin.

 

She stare at her right hand that stopped moving. A drop of liquid touch Heechul’s arm.

 

She stopped.

 

Jessica had been taught to kill. There shouldn’t be anything that can stop her.

 

But why is she hesitating now?

 

What part of this mission is confusing her?

 

A hand grab her by the wrist and pull her down. She felt towards Heechul. His eyes wide open looking into her eyes, her soul. For the first time, he saw her surprised expression laying on her face. She didn’t move or try to pull away. The needle is still on her right hand.

 

She can stab that needle into his arm anytime. Nothing happen.

 

His lips are in front of her eyes. She tries to keep calm, but her heart is not cooperating with her mind.

 

“I forgot to answer your question.” Heechul’s lips smiled under the moonlight.

 

There is a few second she felt fear. The fear of being guilty, of disappointment suddenly rush to her. Her eye brow knitted together. She can hear her heavy breathing unable to be controlled.

 

“I am afraid of death.” He tighten the grip on her wrist. For some reason, Jessica froze only staring at him. His eyes hidden by the dark shadow, but she can feel the stare from his eyes.

 

Finish this! Finish the prey in front of you. Her mind commanded, but body refuse to react. Heechul slide and flips Jessica’s tiny body over. Pinning her down on the bed, he smirked. The moonlight shine on his face.

 

Then she saw those eyes sparkling in the light. She drop the needle in her hand. It hit the ground and roll under the bed.

 

“Because there are people like you have no love. If I die I don’t get to enjoy the fun.  I will tear love right out your chest.” He continues. Jessica stare into his changing eyes. She feel like the lamb in front the lion’s den. Those eyes looking at her like a hunter.

 

Her heart beat increased.

 

The situation had been reversed.

 

Heechul leaned near her ears and whispered something in her ears. Her eyes grew wide and stare at the ceiling  He stood back up and walked out the house.

 

She saw and touched the scariest thing on earth, death. She thought she can handle everything with no emotion. She had the chips on her shoulder, that nothing will fear her.

 

Just now she is afraid.

 

Her hand is shaking furiously.

 

The words echos behind her head.

 

“Mission completed.” The man whispered.

 

The fear of a broken heart is scarier than death.

 

 


 

 

She walked up to the building and enter the bar. They had been expecting her arrival. The bartender lead her into a room deep inside the bar. The men sitting outside stare at her as she enter the colorful drape hanging for decorations. They stop in front a black wooden door.

 

The bartender twisted the door knob and pushed open the door. She picked up her step and entered the place.

 

When she got in, the door shut behind her quickly.

 

“Oh, Jessica. Jessica.” Minjoong’s voice got the chills running up her back. Then she felt four gun pointed at her back. Men walked out behind Minjoong. He is sitting on a big sofa had a cup of beer on one hand and a women on the other.

 

“Do you know the reason why I adopted you?” Minjoong put the glass cup down on the table. The ice inside glide with each other making a loud sound in the quiet room. Jessica didn’t make a sound. She glance at Minjoong with those hollow eyes.

 

Minjoong knows is not good for him to mess with Jessica. However, he knows the weakness his monster had raised.

 

“I am a Machine.”

 

“Yes. Who would make a better killer than a girl killed her mother during birth?” Minjoong laughed fakely. Jessica rolled her eyes. She is completely annoyed right now.

 

“I heard you met your sister and brother.” Minjoong moved his front finger and the next to him walked out the room. She glanced at Jessica as she walked by.

 

“Yoona and Siwon, they are having a good life.” The old man continues, “Which is making me to doubt your ability. After all you have to kill your own sister.”

 

“Every human is same to me.” Her eyes suddenly forced on Minjoong.

 

“You would love to kill me. Right?” Minjoong laughed again and then the men next to him whispered something in his ear. He nodded and turn back to Jessica. “I have a surprise for you.”

 

“Surprise?”

 

“Since you failed your mission to kill Heechul, you can choose your next move.” Minjoong stood up from the sofa. “You can disappear and hide from everyone, including Donghae, or you can face death.”

 

“You don’t tell a killer what to do.” Jessica knew the choices even before she enter this place. There is no way Minjoong will continue to keep her beside him anymore. Her identity had been leaked and if she is still beside Minjoong, he will be found out as the gang leader.

 

“She is here, Sir.” The man next to him said with a small bow.

 

“Tell her to enter.”

 

“Yes.”

 

Jessica hear the door knob turn and the sound of clicking heel walked in. She remember the smell of that perfume.

 

“sica.” The female called.

 

Jessica turned around despite all the gun pointing at her. Her eyes grew wide. Jessica try to stand calm and stand still.

 

Here. She is the trainer of this monster.

 

“It’s been a long time, sica.” The red lips said. “Are you ready to face death?”

 

“Jina Unni.”

 

Cressida

 

had never learned to trust.

 


Author's note

Thank you for reading.

I read all the comments. They are very encouraging. Thank you ^ ^.

Hope you like this chapter. 

Next chapter will be up soon.