History & Future

Good Girl, Bad Girl

History & Future



 

Jessica headed towards her apartment. She had changed out her jail clothing and found a hoodie in a unnamed locker. After all, she is a runaway criminal now.

 

One more chain tied down her ankle. If she can fly, she would drop. There is no way to live. All the things, she had done as a puppet of an unknown organization. All the things, she had done to someone would had trusted her.

 

Cars flying by the street. The moon stays motionless in the sky. As if she and the moon where the only thing that will not proceed. Jessica pulled her head back to the ground and continue her traveling.

 

She pass by a corner store. Her foot step came to a stop. There is a little girl and a old man reading a large print fairytale book. The little seems to be overly happy on her father’s exaggerated voice to the fictional story.

 

Jessica image herself in the little girl’s shoe. Questioning her father, “What happen next?” and turn into cheering mode when the prince and princess met.

 

“How can I help you?” The little girl’s voice broke Jessica’s little fairy tale. A soft simile barely lift up from the corner of her pale lips. Jessica shook her head and loop the black hoodie hat over her head. She increased her speed and escape from the place.

 

She had never notice little things like that. When she was on her mission, things like these never appeal to her eyes. After all she had been taught to not. Her life had no expression to relate to the people around her.

 

Jessica headed up the stairs of her apartment. A very quiet building, where a killer like her would live.

 

When she reached the hallway, the first thing she saw had lighted up her whole. If there is someone that can erase her past life, that would be him. Heechul had both of his hand in his front jean pocket. A wide smile on his face showing the straight white teeth.

 

“I got a call from Yoona. So I rushed here right away.” The beautiful creature explained.

 

Jessica run down the hallway. Motion activated light shine her route. As if it is a long road, she run into his bear hug. With her hand looped over his neck, she pull in for a kiss.

 

Only the light above them had light up. It is something magical, because the world around them turned expect the spot they stay.

 

His lips are gentle. He tilted his head to the side so he can be closer to her. For a moment she had completely lost her mind. The only thing on her mind is hating and loving him for unlocking her emotion, for teaching her love, for teaching her the sensation from a touch.

 

She heard her heart beats against her rib cage. His hand pulled her closer and their kiss intensify. She ran her fingers through his hair. She felt breathless and electrified. For the very first time, she set herself free from her restrained chain.

 

She felt free when he is here.

 

Finally, they peel away from each other unwillingly. There is a few second of silence. His eyes locked with hers. “Is this some kind of surprise?”

 

“No. This is an attack.”

 

Heechul laughed.

 

“Will you stay with this unchained monster?” Jessica turned away in embarrassment from her own cheesy line.

 

“My pleasure.”

 

 


 

 

Yoona analyzed the brown notebook. She had completed her goal. She found out about her sister and mother’s death, but now what?

 

She had thought about living quietly and married a rich guy. Her life would be peaceful. To get away from this chaos and walk away from gangs.

 

Maybe she can know her mother a little more though these words.


 

    Target had been locked. Minjoong, a leader of a small gang, seem to be making deals with crack heads for guns and drugs. However, it didn’t seem like a normal trade. No drugs or gun had been exported to the place, only money had been exchanged. I smell suspicions.

   #35085

Yoona flips the page. Her mother’s notebook is probably a journal for her full investigation. If  Minjoong is her lover as her father had stated, that means she seduced him on purpose. Yoona’s eyebrows furrow unable to believe that Minjoong had a connection with her dad.

 

No one should be trusted. The assassination society had been involved. Note to self: assassination society had been training kills from an unknown place. Many seem to torture children and pick out the best of them that can handle the pain.

I am not sure how many illegal things had Minjoong been involved in. However, it did not seem like he is main control of the situation. I will have to continue to dig deeper.

 

On the day of take down, I will see the surprises in their face.

 

 #35085

 

Yoona took in a deep breath.

 

    This is a big decision for me to make. Being a wife of a commander I have to keep my spy life in secret.  Before I got into this career I have decided to keep my children safe;and, for that I had peeled myself away from them. However, I just find out I happen to be carrying my baby. I have to keep this child safe under any circumstance.  

    Please, give me strength.

 

I am sorry. I am not a good mother.

#35085

 

    Minjoong is for sure a lock on target. I worry about his son and his wife will become the victim of this crime. I have been taking care of Donghae for the past few days. His mother seem to be devastated by the torturing of the gang members.

    I have to find a way to get them out. I can’t let Donghae to join the assassination society. Not with all the cruel experiment.

 

#35085

Yoona’s eyebrow furrow and closed the note. She push away and massage her front head with her hand. Jessica was placed in those trainings. She wonder how would her mother feel if she knew what happen to Jessica.

 

Yoona stood up from the desk. This is the end then. After all what can she do. Her mother’s mission is in the past. There is nothing that Yoona can do to stop the gang related maddness. She can rest from now on.

 

She opened the window from her room. Still she is hoping that Donghae would be here to discuss with her. A strong wind blow into her room.

 

The wind strong against her ear. The paper on her desk flew in mid-air. Books and papers went out of control. Yoona quickly shut the window and muttered a curse word under her breath.

 

She picked up the still paper on the floor one by one. When she walk back to her desk, her eyes saw her mother’s notebook.

 

It is opened to the middle of the notebook.

 

Handwriting no longer neat and clear. The of the words had weaken. The paper was in another color. It must had been belong to another notebook.

 

Yoona tilted her head to read the dancing words.  Her eyes grew wide as she scanned her eyes down the paper.

 

Kim Kihong, Lee Minjoong, had been working under the leader of the assassination society. Their wealth had been brought up by the leader. They had a armed force that can take over a small country.

 

Every evidences had been hidden under the blooming ground. He wanted to kill me. They are after my family.

 

Yoona, Siwon should be safe with their father.

 

I am running away right now. Maybe not for long, I am having labor contraction. I will have to find a place to keep this baby safe.

 

Even if I have to give up my life.

 

Report to duty, Mother

 

That is the second last entry she had wrote. The pages between the very last page of the notebook are empty. Yoona’s hand trembled and goose bump raised on her skin.

 

Then a knocked broke her from the deep thoughts of what happen to her mother. She lifted her head and Donghae is right outside the window. She ran towards the window.

 

But she only saw, bruises and cuts on her lover’s face. She lift the window open against. Donghae climb into her room. He putted his weight on her shoulder.

 

“What is wrong? What happen to you?” Yoona try to lift him back up.

 

“I saw them. I figured it out.” Donghae breath heavily. “They show no mercy. Not even towards my father.”

 

Yoona slide down to the floor and carefully put Donghae’s head lead on the side of her bed.

 

“There is something other than my father’s gang, Yoona.” Donghae exhaled heavily. “They wanted to take over the world.”

 

“Who?”

 

“A group of an assassinator. They have an armed force with them. In one month, they will strike. Kill or brid all the government official and take control of the country.” Donghae explained.

 

Donghae wrap his hand with hers. “It will be me against you.” Her heart sank.

 

“They had force me to join the society. I will be next in my father’s place.” Donghae continue. “When I said no, they almost killed me.” The man laughed with solemn in his voice.

 

“Don’t. Stay here with me.” Yoona wrapped her arms around Donghae’s wide shoulder. Donghae relaxed his head on her shoulder. “Please.”

 

“Listen. We have to find a way to destroy this underground society. I saw how they trained those kids. I will give you information about what is happening. You can bring Jessica and Heechul to do this together.”  Donghae had light and anger sparks in his eyes.

 

“To do what?” Yoona asked in worry.


Donghae lift up a smile from his blood lips, “Let’s bomb the assassinators’ underground. The four of us, together.”