No Room to Rise

In the Rain, Stars Align

[A/N] So as you guys know, I was recently diagnosed.

I had a conference with my teachers to see if they could help me with alleviated the pressures.

I'm still slightly overwhelmed, so I can't really muster the energy to make into something beautiful and mine

But I think their quotes and our conversations are beautiful and insightful as it is.

Perhaps you will appreciate it as I did.

Black= teachers

Blue=Me

 

"You are one of my most excellent students. Even if you stopped doing work, you would still achieve the highest grade I could give."

 

"You are your biggest critic. You're constantly comparing yourself to others, and if you don't do as well, you think you have failed. But in fact, you are excellent as you are. While this drive is commendable, it can wear you out. Your health is more important than this drive."

 

"You're in band, what are you?"

"I'm a flutist."

"Ahem, she's an ALL-STATE flutist."

"See? You won't even tell others what you've accomplished, yet you've accomplished so much."

 

"You are wonderful verbally. You always participate in discussions, you are never a distraction, and you have a great way of voicing your ideas aloud. Your writing can be improved, but we can work on that." 

(And I thought I was horrible at English. The irony that I'm good verbally when I was born with a speech delay and my parents were annoyed with me for years for not including context when I speak.)

 

"As I told you before, you think differently than others. And that is going to be so useful for you later in life. Right now, you're a square peg trying to fit into a round hole. In the workplace and intellecutal discussions, you'll go so far and you'll fit. 12 years of school? Not so much."

 

"You're great as a leader, and awesome as a person for others to rely on. Now it's your turn to rely on others."

 

"You are climbing this mountain, and right now you're at the top of the mountain. If you try to reach any higher, you'll only just fall down. I think you need to learn is to pause and enjoy the view for the moment, and soon you'll find mountains that are enjoyable but manageable to climb."

 

[A/N] I want to thank you all for being here with me. Even if no one says anything, I like to think I feel your spirit is next to me when you read these words. 

May you find strength and people who believe in you as I have. Although I'm still not completely well, I am working hard to improve my health and improve my lifestyle so hopefully I can find that "normal" again.

<3