Angel of Light that Held On

In the Rain, Stars Align

I used to be known as the girl of sunshine. Now, I'm just turbelent weather. One moment I would be giggling and literally bouncing off the walls, the next I would be alone, wishing there was someone to comfort me.

My parents tried.

My sister tried.

Everyone had tried.

They all failed.

I leaned against the wall as my thoughts took off in the darkness of the room. The night never helped me find the solace I wanted. The silence only reminded me what I lacked.

I am vulnerable and doubtful as everyone else. But my balance is not complete. For some moments, I am confident, and nothing can tear me down. Others, I am easily walked over as I become invisible.

I sank to the floor as if my physical exterior was mirroring how my emotional self was sinking into despair. Every night, I find myself in tears. Every morning, it becomes harder to wake up and greet the world.

As I sob, I wrap my arms around myself as if I could give myself strength and comfort. But the old trick has been overused. I can no longer fool myself.

Alone.

Someone, please, I begged silently. Anyone, I can't-

"Yanaliese!"

Suddenly I find myself back onto my feet. My head was supported by a firm chest as arms wrapped all around my body.

"Yanaliese, I'm here." His deep voice reverberates through his whole body and into mine as his body warmth soothes me. "Please don't cry, please."

My arms find their away until they're clutching his neck. Tears no longer run down my cheeks, but I'm still shaking. He hugs me even closer, as if he can sense my fear that he'll let go when I need his support, his belief in me the most.

Maybe he does.

"Don't leave me," I beg, my voice muffled as I bury my head into his shoulder.

"I won't."

I know then, it's going to be alright.