Love Wasn't Enough

In the Rain, Stars Align

[Inspired by 7 kisses with the monster in my closet. Some things are similar, like specific lines because essentially this is kinda a fanfic of a fanfic. However, this scene never existed in the original story. I hope you guys enjoy!]

"WAHHHHH" The baby complained.

"Shh, Daddy's coming." I his dark curly head. His dark hair.

I knew the reality. He was a demon. He could not love. He had duties as a demon warrior.

I was just a human. I was technically his enemy.

And still, I borne his child.

When parents of a demon child are unmarried, they fight to see who keeps the child.

I couldn't fight him. I knew he could never love me back, but in that way I was stronger.

I was not afraid to love him. Even if that meant I lost everything.

There was a crackle in the air, and I knew he was here. I hugged my son and turned.

He stood there in the shadows of the forest. The forest I had met him in the first time.

Well this is it.

"What's his name?"

I had prepared myself for his gruff voice, but I still couldn't stop myself from tearing up.

"His name is Chris. After his father's crisp image." I blinked back the tears and squared my jaw.

Chris looked up at me with his dark eyes.

"Bye Chris." I kissed him on the head. "Mommy will always love you. Make her and Daddy proud."

I then walked up to his father. My throat tightened, but I knew my place. "Here you go." I brought my son into a cradling position and stepped forward to hand him over.

He stepped back.

Anger washed over me. "You think your son is ugly? That he's worthless? Fine. We don't need you." I turned to go back.

"Lisa."

I felt shivers down my back. That was the voice I had fallen in love with. I faced him.

"I'm sorry." Even though I could make the outline of his wings and horns in the shadows, he seemed helpless. Lost. Like the image of him on our meeting.

"I know."

"I'll try to visit. With Chris."

"Do not make promises you can't keep."

"I mean it. This time."

I shook my head. Letting myself believe would only give me more pain. It was hard enough to stand. I handed my son over. My son.

He bowed and stepped into the shadows until I saw was the darkness.

My love was never enough for you. And this is what I had to pay.

[A/N] I'm thinking of writing an alternate ending. Give me a while to figure it out.