The Last Chapter.

The Exchange Student

Day 60.

I woke up as any other day, only with the biggest pain in my chest. Taemin was leaving today. I tried to sleep again, so at least I could dream of another summer with him, but sleep wouldn't come. I got up wearily and dressed myself in casual clothing, walking downstairs, where I saw Taemin's luggage by the door.

My heart tightened and I felt myself choking back tears. Taemin came downstairs shortly after. "You should eat before we go" he said.

"I'm not hungry."

"Neither am I" he said.

We stood in the kitchen awkwardly, looking down at our feet. Finally we both started to speak, interupting eachother as we both started at the same time.

"Liste-"
"Taemin"
I chuckled sadly. "You go first."
"Listen, I want you to kno-"

"KIDS, ARE YOU READY TO GO? WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE!" My mother came running down the stairs. I shot a glare at her, since she had just ruined our conversation, but she was oblivious. She pushed us out the door and into the car.

In the car, we were both silent. My mother kept asking Taemin about his plans for his future, and whether or not he enjoyed staying here.

"So what are you planning on doing once you get back to Korea?"

"Well, continuing dancing is my goal, making a career out of it is really what I'm hoping for."

I thought about this for a moment. If he did become a dancer, which was more than likely, that would mean girls all the time around him, and no one can resist him. My heart dropped and I stared out the window, lost in thought.

We arrived at the airport to find that Taemin's flight had been delayed. Thank goodness. I had another chance to see him before he left. We sat down next to eachother, but my mother insisted on squeezing between us. Great. My last moments with Taemin and my own mother was ing.

I looked over at Taemin, who was obviously as annoyed as I was. He rolled his eyes and sat back, putting his head against the wall.

Finally my mother got up. "I'm going to the bathroom, be back in a bit." she left.

Taemin moved over to the seat next to mine. He grabbed my hands. "Listen, I want you to know that I love you. And when I go back to Korea, I'm not going to like not seeing you. I know there might be...will be other guys for you, but I can guarantee there won't be any other girls for me. I can't imagine feeling this way about anyone else."

I felt myself tearing up, and I noticed the same in Taemin.

"I don't think that's true about me, but about you." I said. Did that even make sense?!

He shook his head, pulling me closer to him. He put his hands on my face and wiped my tears with his thumbs. "No. I love you. And even if there are other guys, please, please don't forget me. I'm going to see you again someday."

I nodded, tears flowing from both our eyes. Taemin pulled my face to his and pressed his lips on mine. He kissed me genuinely and deeply, and pulled me as close as he could to him. I felt his warm tears on my cold face and he let go of the kiss, hugging me tightly in his arms for a few minutes.

"Flight 405 is now boarding."

I let go of him. "That's you." I said, sniffing and wiping tears. He reached out and touched my face, smiling sweetly.

My mom came running back, and she said, "Taemin! That's you!" She gave him a hug and sent him on his way through the terminal.

I watched as he walked slowly. When he was about to enter, he turned around and I saw his face. The most loving stare I had ever seen someone give to me was given at that moment. He waved, and started to turn. I ran to him before he could leave and kissed his lips quickly, but not letting go until he kissed back. I let go and hugged him tight. He hugged back, hiding my face in his clothes as he picked me up and twirled me around. He set me down and looked into my eyes.

"I won't forget you. Wait for me."

I nodded and  he turned and left.


5 years later

It had been a long time since I had heard from Taemin. I thought about him every once in awhile, and wondered how  he was doing. For the first few months, me and Taemin remained pen pals. We wrote eachother, emailed, skyped, and facebooked. But after awhile, it died down and we rarely talked.

Today I was visiting home, to see my mother. I packed a purse and exited my lonely apartment, getting in a taxi. As I sat there, I wondered what Taemin was thinking about at this moment. I wondered where he was, who he was with. I figured he was probably dating. I had dated a few guys in the past years, but none of them lasted.

I hadn't told Taemin about any of them, and he hadn't told me about any girls. I wondered if it was both of us that were lying.

The taxi pulled up at my old home. I knocked on the door and my mom opened it quickly, embracing me and inviting me in. "How have you been?" she said, motioning for me to sit down at the kitchen table.

I looked around. Nothing had changed. I noticed the spot where I had fallen getting cups and Taemin had caught me. My gaze moved to the living room, where we had watched dramas together. "Pretty good." I said.

She noticed my melancholy tone and asked, "Something wrong?"

"What? No, just revisiting some memories in my head." I smiled at her.

She laughed. "Oh! I almost forgot!" She ran off into her room for a moment, then returned with an envelope. "Here." she held it out to me.

Hesitantly, I took it and read the name on the front.

"To: My Beautiful."

"What's this?"

"I got it in the mail a few days ago. I figured since you were coming I'd just wait til now to tell you. It's from Korea."

Instantly I ripped it open and pulled out a letter and a photograph. I looked at the photo first.

shinee1.jpg

 Did he get into a dance crew? Confused, I opened the letter. Something fell to the ground but I ignored it. I dug into the letter, reading as fast as I could.

Hello lovely. It's me. I told you I wouldn't forget you, didn't I?

Since I've been gone, I haven't stopped thinking about you. I hope you haven't already found someone. To be honest, there have been a few girls I was interested in. But they didn't last. None of them even compare to you.

Anyways, when I left, I continued studying dance, and a friend of mine told me about a boyband audition. I wasn't expecting much, since I focus mainly on dancing, but I tried out. And I got put into a group called SHINee. Jonghyun hyung, Onew hyung, Kibum umma, and Minho hyung are the other four in the photo. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about it, I've been busy and I wanted to surprise you. We've been working hard since debut, and I finally have enough money for this.

So, I included a ticket. For Korea. For you.

I want you to come. Please, come for me.

If you say no, I will understand. I'll be happy for you in whatever decision you make. All I want is to see you again.

Hyungs are also eager to meet you. If you accept this, I'll be waiting when that plane lands. If you deny, I'll still be waiting, hoping you come. I'm sorry for not contacting you as much as I should have. But please, consider this.

Yours,

Taemin.

I gasped. This was too much. I picked what had fallen on the floor up, and looked at it. A ticket to Korea. I was crying, and a tear dropped on the ticket. I wiped my eyes and kept reading the letter over and over again

I was going to see Taemin.

 

i hope the last chapter wasn't dissapointing~~~
anyways I want to thank you all for reading, commenting, subscribing and supporting my fic.
It's my first to post anywhere, so I was really nervous about it.
I'm so glad to have subscribers like you <3
Anyways, I'm considering making a sequel, please tell me if I should or not! Vote in the comments PLEASE :3

PLEASE PLEASE tell me if you want a sequel....otherwise i just wont xD

^^

thanks

SEQUELLLLLL!