Ch. 25

The Exchange Student

cont.

We got home and stepped into the house. My mother immediately said, "Now both of you go to your rooms. If i see you talking to eachother, you're both in trouble."

"Yes ma'am." Taemin said sulkingly as he walked slowly upstairs. Once he was out of sight, I confronted my mom.

"Mother, what are you doing? At first it seemed like you were trying to set us up, and now you're splitting us up? I'm confused. I really like Taemin. I just want to spend good time with him before he leaves."

My mother sat down, sighing heavily and rubbing her face. "Sit down." she said.

I did as I was told and waited for her to speak. When she finally did, I didn't like what she said. "I don't want Taemin to hurt you. I don't want him to use you or leave you or do something wrong to you. He's a good boy but all boys want the same thing. And I think you know what that is."

Shocked, I opened my mouth wide, not saying anything though. "Wha..?" I finally managed to get out.

"Listen. I like Taemin. And you seem to as well. But he's leaving very soon!"

"I know that!" I screamed. "So why are you doing this to me?!" I stood up and ran upstairs to my room, slamming the door shut.


Soon I heard a knock at my door. "Go away" I said.

"Pst. It's me."

"Taemin ah!" I opened the door and instantly embraced him, hugging him tight. He stood there for a moment, then put his arms around me as well, hugging tight. Soon he let go and asked, "What's wrong?"

"Aish..my mother..." I said.

"Ah. May I come in?" he answered, inviting himself in and closing the door behind him.

"She's being totally unfair about this." I pouted.

Taemin sat down on my bed, patting the space next to him, motioning for me to come sit. I sat by him and he pulled me close to him,putting his arms around my body and holding my waist. I leaned my head on him and kept talking. "I don't understand how she can-"

"shhhh." he said, petting my hair. "Let's just stay like this for awhile, okay?"

I smiled, and he giggled cutely and pinched my cheeks. "Aigo~ you're so cute." he said, tickling me.

"Stop it" I teased.

He stopped and pulled me closer, sitting me on his lap. His face was near mine now, and I was facing sideways as he was facing forwards. He put both arms around my waist and I put mine on his neck. He blushed and cutely smiled, then closed his eyes.

Preparing for a kiss, I closed mine too and leaned forward.

Suddenly the door flew open. "Honey I brought you some foo- OH MY GOD!" My mother screamed, dropping the plate of cooked food she had for me.

I quickly moved out of Taemin's arms and he stood up quickly. "I'm so sorry Mrs.-"

"You. Get out. Now." My mother said. Taemin scurried out and left me alone to deal with her.


"What exactly do you think you were doing?" My mother screeched.

"Mom let me explain..."

"Okay, explain."

Surprised she actually let me, I didn't know what to say. "Well you see...the thing is...Taemin...just came here to make me feel better..."

"That's not what it seemed like." she said coldly.

I shook my head. "Mom..you knooow we've been like this, why are you getting mad now?"

"Because I don't like where it is going! I love Taemin. And I love you. But I don't want you guys to get caught up in the physical aspects of your relationship."

I sighed. "Mom, it's not like that."

She shook her head. "I don't want to see something bad hapen."

I sighed again. "Mom, you have to trust me. Taemin's a good guy."

My mom was hesitant. "Fine. I'm not happy about this, but don't do anything reckless. I will allow you to see eachother as long as you are responsible, understand? And he's not allowed in your room."

I smiled. "Thank you!" I hugged her tight, feeling grateful that she was accepting of this. Now I just had to make her see that Taemin was perfect.


day 53

The next day, Taemin woke up early and knocked on my door. I told him what went down with my mom, and he agreed to try his hardest to prove he was a good guy for me.

He is so sweet to do this. I thought.

"Alright. I'm going to make her breakfast."

I cringed. "You...can cook?"

He shrugged. "Of course. I've cooked for you before, remember? You can help if you want."

"Oh, I remember. Alright, I'll help. Fighting!"

In the kitchen, Taemin took out some eggs and some bacon and began cooking them while I made pancake batter. Together we finished quickly. "Ya, taste this" he said, spooning a heap of hot scrambled eggs into my mouth. I nodded with approval and gave a thumbs up.

He smiled and continued. "How do you turn this on?" he pointed at the toaster. He kept pushing the handle down but the toast wouldn't go in. I laughed loudly. "What's so funny?" he asked.

"Taemin ah, plug the cord in first will you?"

He covered his mouth and blushed shyly. "Oh, right. Thanks." he said.

He made toast and finally we finished. I set the table and he poured some orange juice. Soon my mother came down.

"What's this?" she asked.

"Me and Taemin made breakfast!" I said eagerly.

"Oh I see. You're going to do better than that." she said, rolling her eyes.

Shocked, I said, "What?"

"Anyone can flip pancakes and scramble eggs." she continued. "What does Taemin have that other guys don't?"

man. another crappy update. im sorry TT TT forgive me.
ill try extraaa extraa hard the next chapter.