Ch. 2

The Exchange Student

day 4

It had only been 2 days since the shower incident, but I had been avoiding Taemin at all costs, still embarrased about what had happened.

It was night time and I was in my room watching Boys Over Flowers. I heard a knock at my door. *knock* *knock*

"Yes?"

"Can I come in?" Taemin whispered, so that I could barely hear his sweet voice.

I freaked out. My heart pounded and I thought for a moment. "Sure..." I said reluctantly, going to open the door for him. He stood there pathetically with the bunny in his hands.

"W-What's up?" I said nervously. Now he was back to being cute, with the bunny and a puppy dog face.

"It's just that I'm kind of lonely and homesick. Just needed someone to talk to. Do you mind?"

"Of course not, come on in...hope you like k-drama."

He smiled and sat down on my bed. "I haven't been meaning to neglect you...I'm sorry.." I said slowly, feeling bad that he was homesick. I shouldn't have been ignoring him, he was new here and he probably felt unbelievably uncomfortable. "It's just that....after walking in on you in the bathroom...I felt embarra--"

"Shhh." He put a finger on my lips. "I thought I told you it was ok?" He said slyly. "So what you watching?" He continued quickly before I could answer his previous statement.

"Just...Boys Over Flowers."
He nodded. "I've seen this. My mom is a er for Korean Dramas. I didn't know you were interested in them?"

"Yeah I'm a huge KPop fan. It's pretty cool you come from Korea. Do you like it there?"

"Yeah it's great . But it's a good experience to come here and visit other countries. You should go to Korea some day."

I nodded. "I always wish I can go there but I don't think I'll ever get a chance."

 

We got into conversation, and ended up talking and watching BOF until 2am, when he finally noticed the clock and said "Oh my! It's late, I should go. Goodnight! And thanks for keeping me company."

"Sure no problem" I smiled. He was nice, and I enjoyed talking to him.
When he left, I let out a sigh. There was something about his smile.....

 

day 9

After awhile me and Taemin became good friends. We would spend time together watching dramas and talking about random things, and he was teaching me to dance kpop songs.

So one day, I decided to take him out running. "We've been dancing all week and you know I hate it!" I pleaded.

"Fine.." He gave in.

So we went to the nearby park, a large place surrounding a lake with games and a track and field. There was an old swingset as well. He saw it and pointed. "OHH! Can we swing first? I haven't done that since I was so little!"

I cringed at the sight of swings. I was afraid of heights. "No, let's just run, I said, jogging to the track."

He grabbed my arm and pulled me to the swings, me complaining on the way.

"Noo, Taemin I don't want to!"

Once he had dragged me all the way there, he sat down and began swinging. I didn't want to be rude, so I sat down at the swing next to him and swung low, so that I wouldn't be afraid. Soon he noticed that I wasn't going high. "Noo, come on it'll be ok, just go higher!"

"I'm afraid." I pouted.

He stopped swinging and grabbed my hand. "Let's do this together." I gulped, realizing that his hand was interlocked in mine, and he started to swing, pulling my swing as he did. Soon I was swinging as well, and we were going pretty high. His hand was still firmly gripped to mine, and I hoped I wasn't sweating.

I looked over at him in his swing, the wind in his perfect hair, and I smiled. He was perfect. It was the perfect scene. Until he said "let's jump!"

Scared, i protested. "NOOO!! Are you crazy look how high we are!"

He laughed loud, leaning backward to feel the wind, then sitting back up and gripping me tighter. "1...."

"TAEMIN NO!"

"2...."

"TAEM-"
"JUMP!"

He jumped as far as he could, pulling me off my swing with him. The adrenaline shot through me and I was suddenly frightened. It all happened so fast. He fell to the ground first, pulling me on top of him. As I landed, I noticed he was still holding my hand. My chest pressed against his and my face fell on the hard ground next to him. Quickly I rolled off of him, but he only rolled back on top of me, putting his hands on the ground next to my face.

I looked up at him, hovering above me, with his face so close to mine. His eyes sparkled and he gave a quick smirk, then became serious as he shut his eyes and leaned in closer to me until our faces were less than inches apart.

"Oh God, you're bleeding!" I blurted, causing him to blink his eyes open and roll off of me.

Suddenly aware that I had ruined the moment, we both sad there in silence for a moment, until he said "oh....am i? Where..."

Quietly I pointed and said "Your head...I'm so sorry I think I hit it as we fell....."

The moment was more than awkward and he hadn't spoken so I said "Are you okay..?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry about that. I forgot to let go." He said solemly. I helped him up and said "Let's go get some ice..."

We walked back to the house in silence.