CH. 26

The Exchange Student

cont.

"Mom, Taemin is leaving in a week..." I said. "Just let him be...please.."

My mom glared at me. "No." she said, leaving the kitchen.

Taemin sighed and put his arms around me. "I'm sorry I can't impress her." he said.

"It's okay, you impress me." I answered, hugging him tightly. "I'm just going to go take a bath, it'll make me feel better." I went upstairs.


TAEMINS POV

*knock knock* I knocked on her mom's door. When she opened it, I lowered my head and said, "I'm sorry." She laughed and crossed her arms, so I continued. "I really do love your daughter. I know I'm leaving soon, but there's nothing in the world i want more than to spend time with her until I do. I would never dream of hurting her and I know you wouldn't let me. I am so thankful for you letting me stay here all this summer, and thankful I could meet her. I can't imagine not knowing you all now. Thank you. And I'm sorry that in the past I hurt her, please forgive me."

I sighed heavily, my heart beating so fast I could hear it. She said nothing. I stood there nervously, starting to sweat a little.

She finally spoke. "I forgive you. I understand. Please, don't hurt her."



1st PERSON POV

After taking a nice hot bath, I went downstairs to eat a snack. Taemin was cleaning up the breakfast that never got eaten, and when he saw me he smiled hugely. "Your mom is okay with it." He said, jumping up and down.

"What?" I said, "Really?"

He nodded, smiling. "yay!" he said, grabbing my hands and spinning us around in circles. He set me down and looked at me closely. "What's wrong...why are you not as happy as me?"

I shook my head. "I am happy."

He sighed. "But you're sad because..."

"You're leaving in a week Taemin."

He nodded. "Sit down."

We sat down at the kitchen table and he began talking. "This summer has been the best summer of my life. I have had so much fun with you, and I really do love you." He took my hands and I looked at him sadly. "I love you. Okay? When I go back to Korea, I don't care what happens, I am going to see you again someday and we're going to be together. Unless...unless you don't want to be with me then. In which case I will be happy for whatever you choose. But right now, I just want to enjoy my last week with you."

He moved over and sat in front of me, kneeling down with his hands still in mine.

"I love you." He said softly and slowly, as if an angel had whispered it in my ear. My heart pumped faster and my breath was taken away as I took in the words. I looked into his eyes and he squeezed my hands.

Suddenly I reached forward and embraced him, tears coming out of my eyes like raindrops from a cloud. He hugged me tight, kissing my head and whispering, "It's okay" over and over again.

After a minute or so, I let go and wiped my eyes. He smiled at me sincerely and wiped a tear from my eyes. "It's okay." he repeated