Ch. 27

The Exchange Student

day 55

"Shh." Taemin said, motioning for me to walk downstairs. I tiptoed down after him, with my backpack on and purse in hands. He turned around and took my hand and we walked down the stairs together, slowly and quietly.

I yawned and then said, "Wait. What is she going to do when she finds out we're gone?"

"Don't worry. I have it all planned out."

I looked at him. "I'm waiting."

"I'll tell you when we get there."

"No. Taemin tell me now. How is she not going to notice that we're not gone!" I yawned again.

"Ya..is it too early for you?"

It was 5am. Taemin had suggested we sneak out to a theme park today so that my mom wouldn't follow us there. It was the perfect date, he had said. The nearest one was a few hours away, so we would have to leave early. Truth was, I was practically falling asleep.

"Shut up and just tell me how you have this all planned out."

"Fine. I'll leave a note saying we went."

I smiled evilly. "Thank you. I knew you didn't have any ideas for her not to freak out."

He stuck his tongue out. "Mehrong."

I rolled my eyes. "Let's just go before we wake someone up."


We safely exited the house and hopped in the car. I started the engine and started to drive off. "This is so much fun!" Taemin said hyperly.

"How are you so energized this early. I could fall asleep." I said, yawning yet again.

"Because I'm excited to spend the whole day with you!" he said, petting my hair. I blushed. "I'm excited too..." I said.

He looked at me for a moment and then smiled, his eyes twinkling. "I know." he said. "This is like...our first real date huh?"

"W-What?" I said. We weren't exactly DATING at the moment...

"Oh...I mean...well...it is kinda like a date...don't you think......" His voice trailed off. I didn't say anything for awhile.

Finally I said, 'Yeah, yeah it is."

I could feel him looking at me as my eyes kept to the road. Soon my phone started to ring. "Answer it please." I said.

"Yes?" Taemin said. "Oh, yeah. Really? Thank you!" he hung up.

"Who was it?"

"Your mom. She thinks its a good idea for us to get out of the house."

"What? REALLY?" I said, wide eyed.

"Yep. So let's have fun okay?"

I nodded. "Yes. Lets."
 


"Wow this is a huge park!" I said as we walked in the front doors of the theme park after buying tickets. As I was looking around, admiring the wonders of the park, Taemin slid his fingers in between mine, grasping my hand and swinging it back and forth.

"It is big." He said, looking around. "Whaa...look at that rollercoaster. " he said excitedly, pointing with both our hands to a large, steep rollercoaster across the park. I gulped. "Let's go on that!" he said.

"Are you crazy? You can't make me go on that." I said nervously, avoiding his gaze.

"What...are you...scared?" He laughed. "I'll protect you."

.

"Taemin ah I told you I don't want to go on this one!" I said as Taemin pushed me into the long line of people waiting to ride the biggest rollercoaster at the park. "Please Taemin." I pleaded.

"Admit you're scared."

"What?"
"Admit you're scared and I won't make you go on it."

"Im not...scared..." I said slowly. Truth was, I was terrified of heights. "Ya Taemin what are you?!"

He laughed. "Let's go then." He grabbed my hand and let me into the line. I waited nervously as the line moved and we got closer to riding. Taemin noticed my nervousness and he hugged me. "It'll be okay" he said. He kissed my nose and then said, "Look we're next!" He pulled me to the ride, and sat me down next to him on the rollercoaster. The seat went down and the gate closed.

"THE RIDE IS STARTING IN 3. 2. 1." I closed my eyes and gripped Taemin's hand, and we were off.

What do you guys think of this one? I think theme parks are exciting.