Ch. 16

The Exchange Student

hope you are enjoying the story so far! This one is in Taemin's POV~

cont.

She started to leave. I grabbed her, thankful for once that she had a cast to slow her leaving down. "Don't leave!" I pleaded. She shook herself off of me and glared at Ginny, who was smiling evilly. She left.

day 37

I had been trying all day to convince her that it wasn't my fault, but she didn't even want to talk to me.

"Listen, I promise. I would never do that. Especially with her! She's horrible, ok?"

"Taemin ah."

"Yes?" I said hopeful that she would forgive me.

"I think we should break up."

The words pierced me, and I had to cough to catch my breath. "Wh-wh-what?" I stammered.

"I think this was just an oppurtunity for us to split. You're leaving in 20 days anyway, so I think it'd be better to end it now, then have to end it later. It'll be easier this way, for both of us. I can't stand that you're leaving. You know that. So when you do, I'd rather not feel a huge loss. If we end things now, that loss will be less."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "Break up?" I asked.

She nodded. "Well Taemin, you're going to be late for your dance class. And I have to go shopping. Bye." she said all of this so carefully and monotonous I couldn't believe this. Was she not upset?

 

I walked into dance class and Ginny greeted me happily. "Taemin! Wait...where's your friend?" she asked, smirking.

I said nothing.

"Are you okay baby?" she asked sweetly.

I stared her in the eyes with as evil a look as I possibly could. She made a puppy dog face and made her eyes huge, as if to try and make herself cute.

I cringed. "Do you think that's cute?"

She giggled. "Oppaaaa! Am I cute?" She winked and made a kissy face.

"No." I said. Her face looked shocked. "What?!"

"No. You aren't cute. And I don't like you. At all. You're annoying, rude, careless, loud, and you don't consider peoples feelings. I can't stand you. Being your partner has made me miserable. I don't care if you think you're the best person in the world, I HATE you." I made sure to make every word sting.

She opened and put her hand on it. "But, you kissed me!" she said.

I grabbed her by the hair and looked into her eyes with a glare. "I would never. NEVER. want to kiss you."

I let go harshly, causing her to fall to the ground. "Now if you still want to be my partner, we will continue with less body contact, no talking, only working. If not, I suggest you leave now."

Ginny got up, stomped her foot and screamed "UGHH!" then ran out of the building.

I was so glad to be rid of her. But if only my girlfriend....x-girlfriend....had been there to see it.


Taemin seemed sad. I hated to do it. But it was the only way I wouldn't feel hurt when he left. If him with another girl pained me so much, then I couldn't imagine what him leaving would do to me.

I left the house, trying to wear a most serious face. As soon as I got in my car, I felt tears escape my eyes. I drove off quickly so he wouldn't see. Then I began balling. My vision became blurred on account of the many tears I was crying, and I could barely see the road in front of me.

I reached over to the passenger seat to grab a tissue, and when I sat back up I noticed I was about to hit something in the road. I slammed the brakes and skidded to a stop, hoping I didn't hit whatever it was. I got out of my car and looked, hoping the item hadn't damaged the car any.

I heard a noise. I looked, and an adorable beagle puppy was sitting there.

"Aww. Aren't you cute!" I exclaimed, reaching out my hand. The puppy walked up slowly and sniffed my hand, then tried to run away. I grabbed it before it could.

I checked for a tag, but the dog had no collar. It was so small, it looked less than a week old. I looked around, hoping to see an owner. When no one was around, I took the puppy into my car and decided to take it to the pound.