Ch. 29

The Exchange Student

cont.

"TAEMIN!" I screamed again.

I couldn't see a thing. I stood where I was, in order to keep sage, and everyone was screaming. I couldn't hear anything because of all the noise.

I gulped, sweating and heart beating fast,then screamed again. "TAEMIN!!!!!!"

No answer.

I started to panic. Tears were coming. The amount of fright that I felt at that moment was so much I couldn't breathe. I was so scared, I thought I might die.

Suddenly something grabbed me from behind. I screamed as whatever it was pulled me along, somewhere. I tried to get free but it was so strong. I suddenly felt myself hit a wall and I grabbed my side in pain. The person let go. I covered my face and began to sob.

Soon the lights flickered on. My face was still covered, in fear of who was standing in front of me.

I felt a someone touch my hands and pry them away from my face. I opened my eyes to see Taemin standing there, wide eyed. "Are you okay?" he asked.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU!?" I said.

He hugged me tight and said "Sorry."

Someone came on the intercom again. "we're sorry for that technical problem. Please exit from the door to your right as we do not want to risk anymore problems within the rest of the house."

Taemin grabbed my hand and walked me out, and I asked again, "Why did you let go of me? I was so scared."

Taemin laughed nervously. "I was going to scare you...." He ruffled his hair and looked down. "But the lights went out and I feltbad so I found you again...sorry.."

I slapped him playfully. "Ya...you had me so scared...."

He leaned in toward my face. His face was so close to mine I thought I may die. He kissed me quickly, swiftly, then smiled. "Sorry"

The rest of the day was spent playing games and watching fun shows, no more scare for me. Taemin made it up to me by winning me a giant teddy bear playing a game where you tossed a ring onto glass bottles. He was surprisingly good.

By the end of the day, I got a phone call from my mom. "Are you guys almost home? Did you have fun?"

"Oh, yes we're leaving now" I said.

"Good" she hung up.

When we arrived home, my mom was sitting in the kitchen. She saw us come in and smiled weakly. "Get some rest, I'll see you guys tomorrow morning"

I shrugged. "Okay, goodnight"

day 56

The next morning, I woke up late. No one was home. I called my mom.

"Where are you?"

"Oh, Taemin and I had some paperwork to fill out, since he's going back to Korea in a few days. We didn't want to wake you, so we thought we'd just go alone. We'll be home by dinner."

Oh. Taemin was leaving soon. The reality hit me quick. In fact, he was leaving in 4 days.

I spent the day thinking about every moment I had spent with him. Flashbacks of our first kiss, of when he asked me to be his girlfriend, of me being in the hospital, of taking care of Jojo...of everything..came to mind.

I started to feel sad. It would all come to an end in just 4 days.

day 59

"This is your last day here." I said sulkingly.

Taemin nodded, looking at his feet. We were upstairs, standing outside our rooms. It was morning, and the sun was up, brightening the room and Taemin's face. But our moods were far less than bright.

"I'm...really going to...miss you" I said, trying not to cry.

Taemin nodded again, not looking at me.

I felt tears coming. He finally looked up at me and moved close, wiping my eyes with his sleeves. He was in a tight black jacket and black skinny jeans, and his hear was messy, in the way that it looks y.

I tried to smile, but couldn't.

"What do you want to do on our last day together?" Taemin asked. I shrugged. He looked at me. "Let's just go on a walk." he said.

"A walk?" I asked.

"It will be nice. Cmon." he took my hand and started to walk downstairs.

We went outside, and he kept grip on my hand, walking slowly down the sidewalk. He sighed, and breathed in slowly, closing his eyes and smiling. "It's a nice day" he said.

"Yeah. It is."

We turned a corner and the park was ahead. He laughed. "Remember that time...when I got hurt jumping of the swing?" he said, giggling.

"How could I forget?"

He smiled at me. "Want to go and swing?" he asked.

I nodded. "Sure"

We swung low, and he started to talk. "Listen. I love you alot."

I gasped silently, stopping my swing. "Wha-"

He stopped his swing too. "And I know I'm going to be gone, but that doesn't mean I want to leave you. I am going to miss you so much, but I am going to do whatever I can to see you again. I know you might not want me after awhile, but I'm always going to want you. Even if I've only known you for one summer, I feel like I know you better than anyone I ever have. I can't imagine not being with you. It will be agony. But I'm going to work hard and get money so that I can come back and be with you." He looked at me, seriously and sincerly.

Tears started to roll down my face. Taemin pushed his swing so that it was near mine, and he held on to the chains that held the swing up. "I love you." he said, leaning in and kissing me softly. He let go of the swing and got up, taking my hands and bringing me out of my swing.

He then put one hand on my wrist and another on my face, kissing me deeply. We both closed our eyes and I put my hand around his waist. He pulled me closer and closer until I felt like we were inseperable. All the while, he was kissing me. He then let go of my wrist and put both of his hands on my face, letting go of the kiss to breathe, only to kiss me again, firmly.

Finally he let go and said again, "I love you."

"I love you too." I said.

We spent the rest of the day outside, talking and laughing, playing around in the park, racing, swinging, kissing, hugging, and it was starting to get dark. The sunset was coming into view. Taemin and I sat in the grass and watched the sun set. I sat next to him with my head on his shoulder. His arms were around me and we didn't say a word.

The moment was perfect, and I never wanted it to end. The perfect way to spend our last day together.

omoo~ dont worry its not over yet...one more chapter! :D