Ch. 19

The Exchange Student

day 42

I tried not to think about Taemin, but I was so confused about him that I barely slept. When I woke up the next day, I walked downstairs to see my mother and Taemin cooking breakfast. When my mother saw me, she exclaimed, "Ah! There you are. Listen I need a favor of you today. Wash Jojo with Taemin after breakfast, ok?"

I stopped in my tracks. "What? Why do I have to help. Just make Taemin do it alone."

My mother glared at me. "He'll need your help, so help him and don't complain okay?"

I nodded obediently and grumbled to myself, helping flip the pancakes. I snuck a look at Taemin, who was smiling happily and cooking eggs. 

When we finished cooking, we sat at the table and ate. My father and mother were talking to Taemin about his schooling and how it was coming along. "It's pretty good." he was saying, when I interuppted, "Why are you REALLY not going this week?"

My father set down his fork and they all stopped what they were doing and looked at me. My mother scolded, "That wasn't nice. Apologize to Taemin. You know right well they canceled classes for him this week."

I turned to Taemin and started to say sorry when he said, "It's because I don't have a partner. And its partner dance week."

Confused, I said, "What about Ginny?"

He opened his eyes widely and bit his lip. "Wha? Oh...she quit." he went back to eating quietly when I asked, "Why?"

He rolled his eyes. "I told her off okay? Now can we eat in peace?"

My parents watched curiously as he paid no attention to me, and kept eating away. I pursed my lips and sighed heavily, then also continued to eat.

Soon Taemin finished and excused himself. I followed quickly, cleaning my plate and chasing after him up the stairs. I caught him at the top and asked, "What happened?"

He turned around and smiled. "I just told you"

I shook my head. "But why did you do that? I thought you liked her?"

He looked shocked. His eyes grew wide and his mouth opened, jaw dropping. "What? No! She abused me so I told her off, and she quit!"

Things were making sense now. I nodded slowly, taking it in. "This doesn't change anything.." I said, making sure he knew that I still just wanted to be friends.

He nodded, then reached out and ruffled my hair. "I know." he smiled and winked. "Now let's go wash Jojo ok? Go get your swimsuit on so we don't get our clothing wet."

I nodded monotonously and watched him as he went into his room. He walked slowly and each movement caught my attention, to where I couldn't keep my eyes off him.


As much as I didn't want to help Taemin with this, I obeyed my parents and went outside to wash the dog. I grabbed the hose and some dog shampoo and followed Taemin, who was carrying Jojo, into the front yard. When I saw Taemin, his perfect abs were exposed as he was wearing black swim trunks and no shirt. The sun reflected off of his shiny stomach and I couldn't help but stare.

"Alright. I'll hold him down and you wash." Taemin set Jojo down and held him by his stomach so he couldn't move."

I nodded, looking away quickly and started to wash the dog, putting soap everywhere except where Taemin's hands were.

Soon I stood up, "I think that's good."

Taemin shook his head, "Oh wait you missed a spot, noticing I hadn't washed Jojo's stomach. "Here you hold him now"

I held him as Taemin did, and he started to scrub Jojo's stomach, his hands right next to mine. I swallowed nervously and Taemin looked up at me, wearing an evil grin. "You alright there?" he asked.

I nodded again, not saying anything. He kept massaging the dog, his hands close to mine. Soon he finished and looked up at me. "Alright keep holding him, I'll hose him down. Boy, it's getting hot huh?" he said, grabbing the hose and spraying himself with water.

The way he did so was like a commercial, as he flipped his hair and closed his eyes seriously, opening his mouth slightly and spraying his body. I watched the water run down his stomach, rolling over each of his 6pack of abs and down his legs. He stopped and shook his hair another time, getting water on me. I screeched and he grinned, spraying me with water from the hose. I let go of the dog, who shook shampoo all over the both of us. We squealed and thus the water fight began.

 

lol, no one can resist y Taemin <333