Chapter 64

Forever

 

Author's POV: 

 

Jessica’s Pregnancy Calendar – Week 25

 

Lee Donghae. A man who many believe that he has it all. Being in his early thirties, he was rich in life – financially and physically. The man is an amazing doctor; his expertise in women. His appearance was an extra bonus for his female patients. The doctor was extraordinarily handsome. To top it off, his personality was what women would swoon over – nice, caring, sweet, smart and even at times humorous. The man was perfect.

 

But what people have a hard time believing is that this perfect man is still single. SINGLE! If his patients weren’t already married, they would’ve taken their chances to pounce on him. The only problem was that he never seemed quite interested in any sort of serious relationship – or at least that’s what many believe. He just never found anyone worth the second take or the extra attention.

 

Regardless, most, if not all of his already married female patients, gawked at the beautiful man when he stepped into the room.

 

Kris almost gagged when he saw Donghae getting such attention from all the ladies. He wasn’t alone, as half of the men sitting in the room had sighed or exasperatedly rolled their eyes as well.

 

Kris was about to ignore the doctor completely until he saw his Jessica smiling brightly at Donghae as well. Suddenly a certain spark lit up inside Kris. Was it jealously or envy? Or was it just pure anger and hatred? He couldn’t put his finger on it, but it sure felt like the latter.

 

The husband’s face grew colder and colder as the minutes went by. This was going to be a very long class session.

 


 

 

After the session of learning and practicing on how to properly carry a newborn infant ended, Kris wanted nothing more than to leave the room – maybe even the building, as soon as possible. He always disliked Donghae ever since the first time they met. It didn’t make him feel any better that Donghae is Jessica’s obstetrician.

 

To Kris’ demise, Jessica wanted to stay for a few extra minutes to chat with the despised doctor. Kris had already made it to the door, more than ready to leave. The minutes ticked by as he watched Jessica conversing with Doctor Despicable, as Kris liked to call him. The husband grew more irritated as Jessica was laughing and joking around with Donghae. They were the only ones left in the room before Kris growled and cleared his throat exceptionally loud.

 

Jessica shot a quick glance at her husband before reverting back to Donghae. “Class was fun today,” she handed him the last of the baby dolls on the table. “I look forward to next weeks session.” She smiled.

 

Donghae noticed that Kris was waiting on her and quickly cleaned up. “I knew you’d like the class,” he laughed. “There are lots to learn. You’d be really interested, I’m sure.” He grabbed his coat and signaled her to lead the way out.

 

“Didn’t think you’d be such a good instructor,” Jessica joked. “I was expecting a lot worse, but you surprised me. You came prepared.”

 

Donghae chuckled along with her. “You better hope I’m at least decent enough to teach a class or else you’d be sitting through another eight weeks of utter nonsense. Not to mention that you’d be asking me for help after your little peanut comes out.”

 

“I’m sure your classes will exceed expectations then, Doctor Donghae.” She teased as Donghae went along with it and gave her a winning smile, eliciting laughter from her.

 

They reached the doorway and Donghae gave Kris a curt nod, a smile still present on his face. “It was nice to see you here with Jessica today, Kris.” He implied, knowing that there were previous conflicts from before between the two. “I hope to continue to see you here with Jess for the rest of the sessions.”

 

Kris’ mean look couldn’t be any clearer on his face. “You’ll definitely by seeing me next to my wife.” He emphasized what was his.

 

“Excellent,” Donghae gave a charming grin. “Then I’ll expect to see you next week.” He turned to Jessica, his tone changing from serious to disarming within a second. “I’ll see you soon Jess. Keep doing this routine exercises and stay safe.”

 

Jessica’s smile never faltered. “See you soon! You stay safe too!” she waved as he returned the gesture while heading down the hall.

 

Kris followed Jessica down the opposite side of the hallway. His face fumed and his pace quickened at the encounter of Donghae. ing prick.

 


 

 

Jessica eyed her husband stomping up the stairs with rage before she followed him. She had been watching brood in silence the entire way home. She sat down patiently on their bed and watched him peel off his clothes in a rough manner. Jessica wondered what exactly was going through his mind.

 

The wife eventually followed him into the bathroom since Kris failed to meet with her eyes. She stood there leaning against the wall, looking at him as he got into the shower. Two minutes passed and her feet already felt uncomfortable, prompting her to step forward.

 

“What’s wrong, Kris?” Jessica inquired, staring at him with a worried expression through the glass shower door.

 

His grumble of a response, or lack thereof, made her think. What could he possibly be so upset over? Then Jessica hit an epiphany. It was her hormonal rage from this morning wasn’t it? Kris has never gotten mad at her mood swings before, but it makes it all the more reason to be so upset now. Maybe all the built up frustration and anxiety got the best of him and now he’s reached his breaking point? It was the only plausible explanation Jessica could think of. She felt instantly terrible.

 

“Kris…” She placed a hand on the glass. “I’m sorry.”

 

The sudden apology and change in tone made Kris look up at her. He slicked his wet hair back. His questioning eyes met her sorrow-filled pupils.

 

“You must’ve been really stressed out lately with all my yelling and stupid mood swings…” Jessica frowned, her head tilting downwards. “I know I must’ve been difficult to handle. I’m sorry…I’ll try my best to not be so irrational.”

 

She looked back up to meet his gaze. Kris swiped the water droplets off the glass that covered her beautiful face. His eyes softened at the sight of her.

 

For a second, Jessica saw his face relax. She thought he was going to forgive her and start talking about how to deal with the issue, but the glint in Kris’ eyes changed the second after.

 

“Kris…” Her voice had a hint of warning in it, as she knew him too well.

 

The husband only presented a playful smirk. “I’ll only forgive you if you get in the shower with me.” He produced a suggestive look.

 

Jessica was about to protest, but knew it would be to no avail. Playful Kris will always be playful Kris – even in the most random times. She just knew him all too well.

 

“We’re going to have a serious talk as to what’s really bothering you after this, okay?” she gave him an expectant look. “And be careful of blip.”

 

“Of course, babe.” Kris grinned satisfactorily, opening up the shower door for her. He eyed her up and down; his mind was already somewhere else.

 

Jessica blinked at him. Kris arched his eyebrow, his eyes never leaving hers.

 

“Babe…” Kris’ voice was low and seductive.

 

It only took two seconds before Jessica rolled her eyes and undressed, a little too excited as she got into the shower with him.

 

Of course, it wasn't because of her that Kris was angry. But he didn't have to tell her that just yet. 

 



{Author's Note}: And behold! An actual chapter! Planning on picking up and flying by with this pregnancy...gotta reveal the gender of the baby to you guys sooner or later right? Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter...realized that my writing style has changed a lil bit. 

On another note from looking at everyone's comments, I realized that I got featured!! This wouldn't have all happened without all you readers, so thank you! I will give it my best to put out more chapters more frequently! Please bear with me :) -free hugs-