Chapter 29

Forever

Author’s POV:

 

“Should I? No. Yes. Wait. No. Ugh. I just don’t know anymore. But its tempting…yes. Yes, I’m going to walk right up to him and tell him! But it’s wrong! UGH. Let’s not. Oh, but I like him! But I’m already in a relationship! Get a hold of yourself! Sigh, why me…”

 

Kris’ eyes bored onto the television in complete disinterest. Groaning, he turned off the TV, figuring that the only drama airing was more than boring. Tossing the remote aside, he didn’t want to watch some drama that revolved around this one very contemplative girl. Of course, as a male, Kris didn’t find that very interesting and thanked the heavens that Jessica wasn’t like any girl on TV. His wife was much more smarter.

 

Speaking of his wife, where is she? Kris got up from the living room couch to go and look for her. “Babe! Where are you?!”

 

The husband was bored of distracting himself in front of the television. He was becoming more and more hungry by the second and wanted dinner soon. Being patient, Kris decided to wait until Jessica was done with cleaning up the bedroom. He figured he could wait a little, but after an hour, he couldn’t even sit still on the couch.

 

“Upstairs!” Jessica called back.

 

Lazily ascending the stairs, Kris took his time and strolled into the bedroom. Seeing Jessica on her laptop, he became curious and peek his head over. “What are we looking at?”

 

Jessica grinned as she typed a few words. “Luhan made a whole event page online and invited all of us.” She informed, standing up and letting Kris sit down on her seat before she made herself comfortable on his lap.

 

“Event page?” Kris tucked his chin onto her shoulder as he snuck his hands around her waist.

 

“Yep. He was really serious about the vacation idea.” Jessica nodded, before typing away on her keyboard again. “Seems like he took your suggestion too. He’s really pushing forward with going to Jeju.”

 

“Ch. This guy. Taking Sehun’s idea.” Kris snorted. “Is everyone chatting on that page?”

 

“Mhm. Even Krystal was invited.”

 

“What?!”

 

“Kris, don’t be so mean. Soojungie is old enough to take care of herself. She deserves to go on this vacation with us.”

 

“Fine, whatever you say.”

 

After a few minutes to raging typing, the two ended up getting dressed in preparation to get out of the house. Apparently Luhan was getting frustrated and threw a diva fit from all the relentless comments he was receiving on his event page. Rather than wanting to sear off his fingers by typing so much, Luhan demanded that everyone meet up at his apartment so he could settle everything at once. A diva Luhan is a hissy Luhan.

 

“I swear, if he’s going to be this bossy during the actual vacation, I think I’m really going to throw him out the window like I said I was going to.” Kris huffed, starting the car.

 

Jessica grinned, finding it amusing. “He’s just uptight about having to plan everything out. It’s difficult to plan a trip with twenty-two people. I’m sure he’ll calm down when he gets everything figured out.”

 

“Let’s hope he gets it together fast.” Kris grumbled, not wanting to deal with a bossy Luhan the entire trip.

 

“We’ll see how bad it really is when we get there.” Jessica shrugged, not finding anything wrong with Luhan’s fit because she understands where he’s coming from.

 

Kris only sighed as he made a turn on the road. “I hope this meet up ends quickly. I want to eat already.” He frowned, having his stomach rumble.

 

Jessica laughed. “Stop by the supermarket first.”

 

Kris glanced over at his wife with curious eyes. “The groceries are going to sit in the car for a while…it’s better if we get it on the way back.”

 

Acknowledging her spouse’s familiarity of her weekly grocery shopping experiences, Jessica still had something else in mind. “I’m glad you’re getting smarter with groceries, but I was thinking about making you dinner at Luhan’s apartment.” She tapped his nose, knowing she was obviously thinking ahead.

 

A perky grin spread on Kris’ face. “Really?”

 

“Mm~ Unless you want to eat at home?” Jessica hummed with doe blinking eyes.

 

“No, I’m hungry and I want food now.” Kris quickly made a turn for the nearest supermarket around.

 

Quickly parking and entering the mart, Kris followed Jessica’s lead, like he always does when they go grocery shopping. From past experiences with her, he became more and more knowledgeable about food. Kris liked it when they went grocery shopping. It was something Jessica was really good at doing and he always loved seeing her abilities shine. His wife would always know how many items they should get, causing Kris to be amazed every single time. Sometimes, Kris would wonder how he would survive without Jessica’s knowledge on groceries.

 

“What do you want to eat tonight?” Jessica asked, as she grabbed a cart.

 

“Meat.” Kris gave a short, general answer, as Jessica expected.

 

“Meat…what kind? Beef, pork, lamb…” she named a few as she trailed into an aisle. Kris, who took the cart from her, followed right behind her.

 

Thinking about it, Kris figured he didn’t really mind what kind of meat. He just wanted to eat. “Surprise me.”

 

Jessica gave him a glancing grin before giving him a nod, walking on. Leading the way into the meat division of the mart. Eying the display, Jessica thoroughly examined the quality and ended up choosing a few packs of steak, seeming that their quality looked the best. In the midst of contemplating whether or not she should get some extra for the others, Jessica didn’t realize Kris had jogged off.

 

“What if everyone else is hungry?” Jessica asked her herself, not wanting to seem selfish and rude. Finally looking up from the selections, she saw Kris walking back with an abundance of packets in his arms. “Kris, what did you get?” she gave her husband a confused look.

 

“Instant rice.” He replied, dropping a ton of the said packets into the cart.

 

She gave him a lost expression. “Why? We have rice at home. Plus, instant rice doesn’t taste as good.” Jessica picked up one of the instant rice boxes.

 

“I know. It’s for everyone else.” Kris smirked, thinking ahead this time. “That way you won’t have to feel bad for only cooking for me. They’ll have this to eat.”

 

Jessica arched her eyebrows. “Kris, I don’t think it works like that.” She gave him a meek smile, patting his cheek lovingly.

 

“I’m pretty sure it’ll work.” He tipped his chin with confidence.

 

Grabbing a few more packs of meat, she put them in the cart. “Alright then, Mr. Wu.” She led the way towards another division of the mart.

 


 

Ringing the doorbell to the apartment, Luhan only took a couple seconds before answering the door. “Oh hey! You guys are here! Are there anyone else?” the deer poked his out into the foyer only to be upset.

 

“May we come in now?” Kris gave Luhan an expecting look.

 

Luhan only swung the door wide open and let the couple walk in, noticing that Kris was holding some plastic bags. “What’s that?” he shut the door and trailed behind the two.

 

“Oh! Noona! Hyung! You guys are here!!” Sehun popped out from the living room and giddily acknowledged them. “What are you holding?” he blinked curiously.

 

Jessica greeted the maknae and began to explain. “We went to the supermarket before we came. We didn’t eat dinner yet and Kris was getting really hungry.”

 

“Oh.” Luhan and Sehun quietly reacted, having their eyes now glued to the bags Kris had set down on the kitchen counter. “…What did you guys get?”

 

Kris went ahead and snatched his wife from the two and led her into the kitchen, not wanting her to actually give in to the curious duo. “No.” he strictly denied both Luhan and Sehun, who frowned at his orders.

 

“But…it’s my apartment!” Luhan complained, trying to enter the kitchen, only to have Kris push him back out. “Hey!”

 

“No!” Kris stood by the doorway, blockading anyone from entering.

 

Sehun looked at Kris with determined eyes. The maknae stood there for a moment before doing the unthinkable. With almost full force, Sehun literally rammed himself into Kris’ body in attempt to get through. Kris stumbled back for a second before regaining his stance and yanked on Sehun’s hair to stop him.

 

“Ow! Hey!!!” Sehun pouted and held his head where Kris had pulled his hair.

 

“This is my apartment though!” Luhan saw the outrageousness. “How could you hurt my Hunnie like that?” he frowned.

 

Sehun huffed and sulked. “It’s okay, Lulu! We can always just wait until everyone else comes! I’m sure they’ll have food too! Hmph! Forget this stupid giant!” he stuck his tongue at Kris and stomped off.

 

“…Speaking of the others, WHERE ARE THEY?!” Luhan completely forgot about the food and returned back to raging about the tardiness of the invited people.

 


 

“Okay, settle down!” Luhan waved his hand, gesturing for everyone to sit down. Most of the boys were playing around with each other while some of the girls were chattering amongst themselves. “HEY! SHUT UP!!” the deer screeched, throwing a fit. “I’M TRYING TO SPEAK, YOU STUPID TWATS!” he stomped.

 

The nineteen present people in the room immediately zipped their mouths and gaped at snappy Luhan. This vacation planning is really getting to him.

 

Luhan took in a deep breath and sighed, trying to keep calm. “Is everyone here?” he looked around his filled living room.

 

“Uh, everyone except Kris and Jessica.” Seohyun responded, being the fastest one to point out any missing members.

 

“I’ll go get them!!” Chen jumped up from his seat on the floor and skipped out of the room.

 

“Alright then.” Luhan popped a small grin, feeling like things were going smoothly as of now.

 

A short little silence was present until a loud squeak sounded. Everyone in the room glanced towards the doorway Chen had walked out a couple seconds ago. Within a minute, Chen appeared back into the room with something in his hand.

 

“It’s the third one he threw at me…” Chen whimpered, tossing the box of instant rice down onto the floor before sitting next to it.

 

“Third one?!” Chanyeol peered over to see Chen’s accumulating pile of instant rice. “Hey! Give me one!”

 

“No!” Chen held a protective arm over the rice boxes that got chucked at his face, courtesy of Kris. “I worked how to get these!”

 

“How hard is it to get hit in the face with rice?!” Chanyeol complained, trying to grab one.

 

“Very hard! Don’t you know that this beautiful face only comes once in a lifetime?!” Chen swatted Chanyeol’s hand away while boasting about his appearance.

 

“Hold on!” Sooyoung suddenly stopped the two’s arguing.

 

Luhan let out a relieved sigh. “Thank you! At least someone has the decency to stop them!”

 

“There was rice in the kitchen?!” Sooyoung was also interested in getting food. “Who’s giving it away?”

 

Chen pushed Chanyeol away from him. “Just go to the kitchen, Kris will throw one at you to make you stay away from the kitchen!”

 

“Oh nice!” Sooyoung quickly jumped up and ran towards the kitchen.

 

Luhan groaned, just wanting to let everyone know of the vacation he had planned for all of them. “…Is anyone else interested in instant rice?” he rolled his eyes, being sarcastic.

 

“Actually…I think I want some too.” Sunny got up and followed Chanyeol, who had given up on stealing Chen’s share of rice.

 

“I’m hungry. I haven’t eaten yet.” Suho rubbed his tummy, also filing out.

 

In the end, everyone had migrated and made their way towards the small kitchen, leaving Luhan behind. The deer folded his arms and frowned deeply when even the oldest members abandoned the room. Even the girls left! The girls that were always so patient and attentive! Luhan flared in a diva-like fashion, ignoring them already.

 

“It’s okay, Lulu~” Sehun remained the only one still in the room with him. “I’m still here!” he grinned, making the elder break out a smile.

 

“Thanks, Hunnie~” Luhan gave a loving pat to the boy’s head.

 

Sehun nodded his head. “No problem! We’re always one step ahead of them!”

 

Luhan’s face contorted of confusion. “What?”

 

Lifting up his shirt, Sehun released the four packets of instant rice out from their hiding spot. “I got some for you too, hyung! We can each have two!” he grinned victoriously.

 

Luhan’s shoulders deflated and pet the boy’s head before giving him a hug. “My poor baby…” he shook his head while embracing Sehun. Indeed, Sehun was special.

 

“Go away!” Kris shouted, throwing his abundance of instant rice boxes at the small doorway of people. “Go eat the rice instead!”

 

“Why are we even getting rice?” Taeyeon luckily caught one flying in front of her.

 

About to throw another pack of rice, Kris stopped to take in the hilarious scene before him. Chanyeol and Tao, shoving each other at the doorway, trying to get into the kitchen at the same time, but only to get stuck due to the small framework. Kris doubled in laughter.

 

Suddenly having a figure pulling Chanyeol and Tao back, Kris’ eyes widened, not expecting someone to actually pass through the two. “Excuse me…” Tiffany squeaked and slipped inside the kitchen. “Hello~” she grinned at Kris before skipping next to Jessica, who was busy looking through the fridge for a missing ingredient.

 

“Rice?” Kris offered, only to have Tiffany.

 

“Hey! How come she gets to go in?!” Tao complained, pointing an accusing finger at Tiffany.

 

Kris only shrugged. “Why not?”

 

“That’s not fair!” Chanyeol further complained as well. “We want food as well.”

 

Kris groaned, shoving the bag of instant rice in the happy virus’ hands. “Here, have fun and don’t bother me.”

 

The mob of boys standing outside only silently blinked before ushering everyone back into the living room to hand out fair portions of the well received rice. Once they filed into back in the room, Luhan saw the company and shot up off the sofa and clapped his hands, ready to begin his speech.

 

“Are we all ready now?” Luhan perked up, only to be ignored.

 

“WHO DIDN’T GET RICE?!” Chanyeol shouted, wanting everyone to get a box.

 

Several calls of ‘me!!’ were heard. It was beyond noisy in the room, as many were trying to get their share of food while some were stealing and fighting over the portions. Luhan rolled his eyes and took his seat next to Sehun again.

 

“I swear, it’s like a bunch of hobos in here.” The deer shook his head.

 

“Lulu! Hold these!” Sehun pulled the packets of rice out from under his shirt and threw them at Luhan. “I’m going to get more!” he ran towards the mob.

 

Oh Sehun. Why must you be just as weird as them too?

 

Suddenly, Kris came into the room and eyed the raging group of people surrounding Chanyeol. Noticing a deteriorating Luhan on the couch with several packs of instant rice, he trotted over and gave a grin.

 

“Thanks.” Kris snatched one of the rice packets from him.

 

Luhan didn’t bother to even defend Sehun’s precious rice boxes. “I hate you.” Kris just arched an eyebrow at him. “I hate you for bringing rice. I can’t even start my little presentation.” He pouted, really upset.

 

Kris only blinked at him for a moment before sauntering back into the kitchen. The poor deer looked completely soulless and upset. At his departure, Luhan only groaned and plopped down onto the couch. Planning a vacation for twenty-two adults was beyond difficult, especially if they weren’t listening.

 

“HEY!” Kris came back into the room with an authoritive voice, pushing through the mob of people attacking his supermarket bag. “Could you guys just sit down and let Luhan speak? The poor guy has given up hope on planning a vacation for us.” He gestured to Luhan, who was planted face first into the sofa, mumbling inaudible words to himself.

 

“But…I want food. I’m hungry…” Baekhyun whined, trying to dig his hand into the bag that Kris had took back.

 

Kris shot him a darting glare, making him recoil. “Just listen to Luhan first. Jess is already in the process of making you guys dinner anyways.” He mumbled the last part rather bitterly.

 

“What? Really?!” Chen gasped in excitement. “YAY! Food!!” he started up a roomful of cheers.

 

“Yeah. Whatever. Just let Luhan explain his planning.” Kris waved them off and led them to sit down.

 

Sehun skipped his way back and nudged the still sulking deer. “Lulu~~ Everyone is paying attention now. You can go now~”

 

Luhan slowly lifted his head up and scanned the room, seeing everyone staring at him with full attention. “Oh. You guys are listening now?” he asked blandly.

 

“Yeah. Sica noona is making us dinner later too! So you won’t have to worry either!” Sehun perked up.

 

Glancing left and right, Luhan got up from the couch and gave everyone a dull look. When his eyes reached Kris, he blinked several times.

 

“You’re welcome.” Kris threw the bag of food aside and flung himself back onto the sofa.

 

“Thanks.” Luhan muttered before returning back into his bubbly self. “Okay, so for this vacation, we’re going to Jeju!” he earned interested reactions. “Exciting, right? I thought of it!” he laughed, ignoring Kris’ look, not caring if he was actually the one who thought of it. “It’s close and we have a beach nearby! We can all just have a barbeque or campfire and all that fun stuff! We’re going for a week, so clear your schedules. In just two weeks, we’ll be leaving for Jeju. Everyone is paying for themselves, so send in the money to me by the end of this week or else you’re not going with us and I’ll ignore your stupid whining and ugly sobbing because this fabulous deer of the dawn is already getting close to having wrinkles on his face from planning this brilliant vacation for the twenty-two of us. Got it? Good.” 

 



{Author's Note}: What am I writing. omfg. Vacation is next chapter. asdfghjkl; 

Thank you to all the wonderful upvoters! <3
BornConfused
JennyLy
ParkHaewon
Leehyunwoo479
PrincessUnknown
hyesun13