Chapter 61

Forever

Author's POV:

 

Jessica's Pregnancy Calendar — Week 18

 

The continuous pounding on the door only came to a stop when Kris opened it. Immediately following after was an excited squeal before Kris was being jumped on and engulfed in a cherry scent. Kris expected the action and had already braced himself. A pair of arms wrapped around his neck and a body clashed onto his rather roughly. 

 

"Kris!" Park Hana backed up a mere step to face Kris and started to purse her lips at him. "Why didn't you tell me you moved placed?! You made me drag this boring guy to find you!" she pointed over to a dull-looking Yixing standing behind her. "It took me forever just to make him tell me where you were!" 

 

"She's so ing annoying. I don't know how you deal with her. I'd shoot myself if I were you." Yixing rolled his eyes in agitation. "Are you going in or not?" he spoke rudely to Hana, who just remained attached to Kris. "Ugh, whatever." He didn't give a damn about Hana and pushed her aside to enter the house.

 

Hana faced Kris and pouted, "Hmph, see what I had to deal with?" she referred to Yixing and his attitude. "Don't you feel bad for me?"

 

Before Kris could even reply to her, he heard Yixing behind him. "Oh, hey Sica. How's it going?" Yixing's voice was noticeably nicer and even respectful towards Jessica.

 

Kris craned his neck to look back and immediately, his eyes locked onto Jessica's, as she was staring right at him. It caused Kris to take in a short, sharp breath. He saw the unpredictable look in her eyes and it seemed cold and icy. Kris could only sigh and remember how close he was to getting her to warm up to him, but now his efforts were going down the drain.

 

Jessica glanced away from Kris at the second. "Hi, Yixing. I'm doing alright. Have you had breakfast yet? There's a lot of noodle soup leftover. I don't seem to have an appetite today." She gave Kris a sharp glare before she turned around and led Yixing into the kitchen.

 

Kris turned back towards Hana and noticed her glancing over Jessica in curiosity. This wasn't the way Kris wanted it to be on the first day he was home with Jessica. He expected kisses and hugs. Loving exchanges and even maybe something even more intimate and close. Not an enraged Jessica and all his hard work of cooking being wasted and not eaten by the one person he made it for. Jessica was pissed off and the foreign look replaced the always warm and caring eyes she would always have. Kris felt even more in trouble now that Hana decided to come over. He's so screwedKris sighed and removed Hana's arms around his neck.

 

In response to his actions, Hana only cleared . "Aren't you going to invite your guest in now?" she gave him a look of expectation.

 

Kris opened the door wider and stepped aside to let her in. "Come on in." He ushered her in.

 

"Thank you~" Hana chimed, stepping into the house as if she were a princess. "Ooh~ Lovely house~ Give me a house tour, Kris!" she clasped her hands together and smiled.

 

Kris shut the door and sighed. "Uh, living room is to your right. Kitchen, bathroom, storage room, office, dining room and garage are down the hall. Bedrooms and guest rooms are upstairs." He gave a very brief verbal tour, half-heartedly. 

 

Hana only frowned in a spoiled-like way. "I wanted a real tour. You know, one where you go and show me your bedroom and everything..."she smiled suggestively and even added a wink.

 

Kris barely caught the drift, as he was busy trying to eye down the hallway and into the kitchen to see if Jessica was going to come out to greet Hana properly, like she always does for every guest that arrives at their house. "Uh, sure, let's start with the living room then." He spoke with a distracted voice, still concentrating on the fact that Jessica was really giving a cold shoulder towards Hana, but he figured that Jessica would never get along with Hana and that was what urked him. Jessica has never met Hana, so how could Jessica hate him?

 

"Okay then~!" Hana grinned and hooked her arm around his. "Lead the way, handsome."

 

Jessica made a bowl of noodle soup for Yixing, after fixing up the broth and flavors. "So, what's going on in your life?" she wanted to avoid the topic of Park Hana and Yixing knew better to already catch on. 

 

"Not much." Yixing smiled, tasting the soup. "Sorry for dropping Kris off so abruptly last night. I was going to assist him, but he was being stubborn and wouldn't let me. He swore to me that he could handle it. Hopefully it wasn't too hard on you." He sincerely apologized. "Soup is good by the way."

 

"It's no problem." Jessica brushed it off, now trusting and knowing that Kris had been in the hands of Yixing. "Hope you're hungry. I was planning for you to finish all this soup for me." She really couldn't stand the sight of the soup at the moment and her appetite returned to it's dormant state.

 

Yixing smiled. "Will do." he started to chow down on the food. "I haven't had breakfast yet, so I'm sure you won't be left with much after I'm done." He eyed the small portion of soup and noodles.

 

Jessica grinned before switching the topic again. "Excited for Fany and Jongin's wedding? Apparently it's around the corner."

 

Yixing became interested. "Really? When? Seems so quick and fast. They just got engaged a while ago."

 

"Well, I would think so, considering how their preparations and planning are going. Unless, that is, Fany starts to have a change in mind." Jessica then remembered. "Actually, Fany seemed pretty serious when she said she wanted baby blip to be in the wedding as well. So I'm guessing the wedding is to be held around next year?"

 

"That would be cute." Yixing nodded his head. "Speaking of blip, how's the pregnancy holding up? How far along are you again?"

 

Jessica rubbed her belly at the mention. "Eighteen weeks. Baby blip kicks every now and then. I guess pregnancy has been good to me. No super painful aches or back pain yet. I've been pretty comfy."

 

"That's good to hear." Yixing glanced down at her stomach. "Belly is growing for sure. Pregnancy seems hard." He sighed playfully, making Jessica laugh a little.

 

"Just a bit." Jessica giggled. "Good thing you're a male."

 

"Thank god for testosterone!" Yixing cheered. "But in all seriousness, I think it's amazing to see how well you're doing with this pregnancy. You'll be the best mother, Sica. Regardless of any situation, I think you're strong enough to overcome any obstacle and I'm sure other's feel the same." He gave words of encouragement. 

 

Jessica smiled at his touching words. "Thank you, Yixing." 

 

"No problem." Yixing gave her a warm smile. "You know, you could call any of the boys too, anytime. Myself included. We're here for you. You know that, right?" There was an underlying message in his words about Kris and Jessica got the message loud and clear.

 

"I know." Jessica nodded and gave him a thankful look. "We're all family." She picked up her cup of tea to take a sip. 

 

"Just looking out for family. Well, our favorite noona." Yixing said rather comfortably.

 

Jessica's eyes widened. "Favorite noona?"

 

Yixing looked as if he was caught for a second. "Uh, you know, Sehun and Tao...you're their favorite noona." He coughed.

 

Jessica narrowed her eyes at him and proceeded towards him. "But you said 'our,' which means it includes yourself!" she was getting excited to know that she was a favorite noona to another one of her dongsaengs.

 

"...Well then, you heard me wrong. You are pregnant. Extra blood is pumping. Probably can't hear things precisely." Yixing was calm and pokerfaced, as usual, even when making excuses, which made him a very good liar.

 

Jessica pouted when he denied it. "Aw~ It's okay." She reached forward and tousled his hair. "Noona still feels the love." She giggled. "Even if you deny it. Thank you. I'm honored." 

 

Yixing only produced a smile, knowing how comfortable it could be to be around Jessica. It was no doubt that Kris was extremely lucky to have someone like Jessica in his life. All the boys including Yixing have grown close to her. Jessica was considered a close family member to them. Yixing just feels bad that Kris isn't giving her the right tender love and care that Jessica really needed at this point, as a pregnant woman and as a wife.

 

Everything was all happy and smiles until Yixing noticed the drastic change in Jessica's facial expression. Even without moving, Yixing knew she caught the sight of Hana with Kris. Yixing could only imagine how difficult Jessica has been feeling ever since she and Kris fought. Especially now that Park Hana was actually present in her own home. Yixing knew he shouldn't have led Hana here, but the irritating woman wouldn't leave him alone and threatened to stay at his apartment until he revealed Kris's location. Yixing hated Hana that much that he couldn't bear her annoying whines any longer. Hence, the reason why Hana is here, but Yixing figured this would force Kris to finally settle this dispute between his wife once and for all. He didn't want to be in the middle of it anymore and he definitely didn't want neither Kris or Jessica getting even more torn than they are. Kris just has to fix this.

 

"Could I get more soup?" Yixing wanted to divert Jessica's attention, not wanting to see the somber expression that overtook her usual bright happy face.

 

Jessica glanced back at him and naturally smiled. "Sure thing." She took his bowl and did as asked. 

 

Yixing unknowingly let out a relieved sigh when the indistinct chatter between Hana and Kris became muh more distant, letting him know they weren't coming towards the kitchen. The kitchen isn't the best place to let a fight unravel, especially with knives out. Gosh, Kris was really in the middle of such a huge problem. Yixing didn't know what he did to deserve the position of being in between both Kris and Jessica during this fight, but he figured he could at least lead them to mediate with each other. Both Jessica and Kris were important to him in his life, if they weren't, then Yixing wouldn't be here right now.

 

"Kris~" Hana whined, hugging onto his arm. "Why'd you stop giving me a tour? I wanted to see the whole house. I didn't just come here for a partial tour!" 

 

"So the reason you came over was just for a whole house tour?" Kris replied sarcastically, knowing that the real reason why he stopped the tour was because he didn't want Hana to know the whole interior of his house. "I wouldn't want you sneaking into my house through the window late at night."

 

Hana smirked seductively. "Why? You don't like that anymore?" 

 

Kris glanced at her, noticing she was basically pressed against him on the couch, like she would always do. "Well, it's a little dangerous now that we're grown adults, wouldn't you say? Let's leave college memories as is, shall we?" He produced a small smile before reverting his eyes back to the television.

 

Hana giggled, her red lips curling up in a satisfied manner. "But you used to love it when I snuck into your room through the window at night! You used to tell me how attractive I looked when I did it too!" she was about to continue until she noticed something in the corner of her eye. "Oh?" her sudden pause made Kris look in the same direction.

 

Jessica stood at the doorway to the living room awkwardly. She didn't think they'd be in this room. Jessica unexpectedly made eye contact with both people in the room. Jessica didn't say anything and proceeded to retrieve her cell phone that she had left on the coffee table the night before. Everything was going fine for Jessica until someone spoke up. 

 

"Oh, you must be Jessica." Hana spoke up, her voice could be percieved as snobby. "I could tell by the pregnancy. Kris told me about it..." she answered when she saw Jessica giving her a questioning look, wondering as to how she knows her. "...I'm Hana, by the way." She introduced herself after she took a moment to examine Jessica. By the looks of it, Hana didn't seem too impressed.

 

Jessica only looked at Hana blandly. "Pleasure to meet you." She didn't seem thrilled at all, let alone be interested in Hana. 

 

The pregnant woman was about to walk away after picking up her phone, but again, Hana stopped her. "Why don't you sit down and we could have a chat together?"

 

Jessica was about to decline, but then Yixing suddenly appeared into the room. Yixing looked as annoyed as Jessica did as soon as he realized what he had literally stepped into. Could Hana be any more irritating and prissy? Yixing just didn't understand how Kris could stand her, but then again, Kris has known Hana for a while. 

 

"Oh, why don't you join us too, Lay?" Hana seemmed to take control of the whole room. "I'm sure you'd love to be a part of our conversation too. Take a seat. Wouldn't want you to feel outcasted." She ended with a short petty giggle.

 

Yixing was about to walk off and ignore them, but his mind changed when he saw Jessica take a seat on the adjacent couch. He pivoted for a moment until he decided to go ahead and sit with Jessica. If his noona was going to go through the process of listening to Hana talk, then he should at least do it too. Kris was too busy sitting next to the bratty cherry chick anyways, Yixing thought. 

 

Jessica wordlessly sat down on the adjacent couch. she seemed as if she was fighting a battle by herself when she saw how Hana was staring at her. Kris's look didn't help either, considering that he only sat there with a worried gaze, not bothering to do anything about Hana being all cozy and snuggled up onto him. The sight of the two of them honestly made Jessica sick. How could Kris easily let Hana into their shared house so easily? More so, how could he fail to even try to introduce Hana to her? Jessica felt like she was being interrogated in her own home by Hana! This was honestly ridiculous! How could someone prance into another's home and act as if it was their territory? 

 

What honestly made it even worse was the fact that Kris remained next to Hana. Jessica felt like she was fighting a lonely, completely unfair war by herself. It wasn't until she felt the couch dip that she glanced to her left to see Yixing next to her. She instantly felt better when Yixing gave her a supportive smile before shooting his usual bored face toward Hana.

 

Hana became uncomfortable with Yixing's glare and squirmed in her seat. She ended up looking the other way in discomfort. She started to fix up her hair in silence, wanting to avoid the stares she was recieving from Jessica and Lay. She cleared in the awkwardness.

 

"We sat here like you told us to," Yixing's words made Hana stop in her movements. "Now talk." He crooked an intimidating eyebrow at her.

 

Before Hana could reply, Jessica suddenly spoke up. "Tell me about yourself, Hana." Her sudden request made Yixing and Kris look at her with confused expressions. "I'd like to hear about you." She honestly wanted to know about Hana, to finally figure everything out.

 

Hana only perked up at the request, liking the fact that she would get to talk about herself. "Well, I'm currently twenty-six, two years younger than our Kris here~" she smiled brightly, as she took a second to pinch Kris's cheek in a teasing manner. "I'm a fashion designer, currently residing in Japan—" her eyes widened when she was suddenly interrupted.

 

"I don't care about your personal information." Jessica stated bluntly in an intimidating, dead-panned tone. "I was asking about your relation to my husband Kris." she emphasized, glaring right at Hana.

 

Hana recoiled at the sharpness of Jessica's voice and finally let go of Kris's arm. She glanced over at Kris to realize she wasn't going to get any help from him since he was too busy staring worriedly at Jessica. "Well," she had to clear . "Kris and I are friends at the moment..."

 

Jessica only remained glaring at Hana, wanting her to cut the bull and get to the point already. The pregnant woman was tired of waiting and guessing. She just wanted an answer. No matter how hurtful or even painful it would be to her, Jessica wanted to hear what is the relationship between Hana and Kris. It has been beyond frustrating the past few weeks. Jessica just wanted to clear everything up, no matter what kind of toll it may take on her relationship with Kris. 

 

Hana chewed on her bottom lip with a small smirk. "Kris and I met in college...and I...uh," she had to stifle the urge to grin widely at the memory. "I was Kris's first." She stuck out her tongue in an attempt to look somewhat seductive.

 

Kris watched as his wife kept her cold unreadable face while she took in a calming breath in, looking as if she was trying to keep everything in. Kris had the urge to hold onto Jessica when he saw her blink so lifelessly. He only remained seated because he thought it was only right that Jessica heard everything. To know it all and learn to stop making assumptions. Jessica had to learn, in Kris's opinion.

 

"Kris and I were friends in college and it started to evolve into something else...something beneficial to both of us." Hana glanced over towards Kris for a short second. "We did everything together...and I mean everything. We were each other's first." She smiled contently. "But we split and stopped the benefits when Kris graduated and moved here to Korea." She puckered her lips. "And I guess the reason why I'm here is because...well, how could I ever forget the first person that took my ity?" Hana sighed and hugged back onto Kris's arm.

 

Jessica heard enough at this point and automatically stood up. Both Yixing and Kris had their eyes trained on her with concern. As soon as Jessica walked off, Yixing got up in response to chase after her.

 

"Sit down." Kris's voice was lethal and was directed towards Yixing.

 

Yixing only looked over at him with bored eyes. Kris remained staring in front of him at point-blank, waiting. Yixing sighed in defeat and plopped back down on the couch, shutting his eyes.

 

"Just fix it." Yixing pinched his nose bridge in stress.

 

Kris finally stood up, shrugging Hana off his arm. He followed Jessica's route and found her facing the kitchen sink, her hands gripping onto the countertop. Judging by her backside, Kris knew she was having trouble breathing. It made him feel regretful and guilty for making her like this because she was already having a hard time breathing with the pregnancy.

 

"Jess..." Kris reached to grab her hand, but she flung his grip off of her.

 

"Don't." Jessica managed to croak out, trying to calm down and catch her breath.

 

Kris had a pained expression on his face, trying to understand her. "Would you like to tell me what's wrong? How you're feeling?" he asked calmly, trying to be civil.

 

Jessica couldn't help but scoff in disbelief. "What's wrong? How I'm feeling?" she glared up at him. "What do you think is wrong? How do you think I'm feeling?" she retorted back. "Tell me how you'd feel if your husband left you when you're pregnant with his child and night after painful nights, he finally decides to come back home, not to apologize to me, not to ask how I was doing, but drunk! Dead drunk! Did you know how much that hurt to know that you couldn't even dare to face me when sober? Did you even realize you could've hurt our baby last night with your uncoordination?! We're having a child! What don't you get?!" Tears were ruthlessly streaming down her face.

 

Kris stood there stunned, not realizing that he risked their child's life with his stupid actions of getting drunk last night. "I-I'm sorry."

 

"Sorry? That's all you could say?" Jessica looked into Kris's eyes with a painful expression. "Is this your way of saying sorry to me? By bringing the woman that's been clinging around you this entire time we were fighting into this house? Some woman who still has feelings for you? Is this how you show you're sorry for leaving me by myself? For making me eat dinner by myself for days straight? For making me an hours worth of public transportation into the city for my monthly pre-natal appointment all by myself, when you promised you'd be there for me for every check-up?! All this because you wanted to go run off with a girl you used to screw around with for fun?! Or are you screwing around with her now as well?"

 

"Jess!" Kris couldn't take it anymore when she said that last line.

 

"What?!" Jessica retaliated with audacity. "Is it nice? Do you like it? Is her body a perfect S-line? Is her bust size bigger? Is her stomach toned and y? Is her worth a second look? Does she like it when you touch her in all the right places? Does she make all the noises you want to hear?!"

 

Kris muttered a series of curses, feeling frustrated and enraged at what she was saying and also the fact that she wasn't willing to listen to him. "Holy , Jessica!!" he exploded.

 

"What?! Am I—" Jessica's retort was cut short when she realized what was going to come next. 

 

Kris gritted his teeth with his hand up mid-air. Seething anger and aggravation was building within him and luckily in that moment, he got a hold of himself to actually stop in his actions, wondering why he was even doing this. 

 

"...Go ahead." Jessica's cheeks were wet with the never-ending heavy tears, as she was panting for enough air. "Do it. Hit me. Slap me across the face. I deserve it, right?" Her gaze at him dropped to the ground and so did her adrenaline rushed anger and confidence. "I'm not as skinny and fit anymore. I wouldn't even want to be look at with my body drastically changing; getting bigger and bigger. "I don't look like your ideal woman anymore, let alone be able to satisfy your needs." She looked up at Kris. "So go ahead. Hit me. I deserve it."

 

Kris only stared at her for a minute. He saw all the walls crumble down and what was left was an emotionally exhausted and extremely hurt Jessica. Everything his wife felt and been through is clearly evident in her teary eyes at the moment. Kris felt everything she has felt throughout all this fighting, but Jessica must've had it worse considering the pregnancy. 

 

Kris's hand balled up into a fist and he watched as Jessica shut her eyes to brace herself for the hit.

 

 

But it never came. And it'll never come.

 

 

Because instead, Kris cupped her face and collided their lips together with force and passion. Kris could enver lay a violent hand on Jessica. Never. He would never have the heart to do that to Jessica. Especially at this moment where she is completely vulnerable and confused. Jessica only remained still. Kris was completely fine with it because he expected that. He didn't expect her to kiss him back nor did he expect her to forgive him that easily. His wife was lacking in confidence and was having trouble accepting herself and Kris knew it was partially his fault for not being there.

 

Jessica continued to stare at him blankly when he pulled away. Kris used his thumbs to swipe away the tears that stained her cheeks. "I'll never hit you, not now, not ever. You're my everything, Jess. Hana doesn't mean a thing to me. Sure, she's part of my crazy past, but it's not like I love her. We only met up to catch up. She's here for a small merging between the company." He tried to explain.

 

Jessica just glanced away, not wanting to deal with Hana at the moment. Not after her mental breakdown. 

 

But Kris held her chin and made her direct her attention back to him in a careful manner. "Listen, Hana is only the past. She will not interfere with us. She's only here for a few more days, okay?" he saw the unresponsive attitude Jessica was giving. "Tell me what's on your mind. Ask me anything. I'll answer honestly and truthfully. I swear." Kris gave her an honest, caring look. "Whatever you want to know. I'll tell you. I just want you to understand. Please."

 

Jessica saw the earnest, even the pleading look in his eyes and she knew that he was being serious and really wanted to fix things up. Finally. "...What happened between the two of you in the past?" she was firm and serious.

 

"We were close friends. It was college, a time of experimenting and having fun. It was just...the age where I barely thought about anything. Hana was the same. We trusted each other and it just...happened." Kris truthfully explained, but that wasn't what Jessica was mad about. She already knew that she wasn't the first for Kris. 

 

"I'm not talking about the first time. I'm talking about the friends with benefits." Jessica frowned at him, still upset and surprised at the fact that Kris actually did that. "How could..." she looked into his eyes, trying to see if he was the person she met and knew. "It's just..." As far as she knew, Kris was someone who cherished intimacy and was passionate about it. He wasn't someone who would just take such a topic so lightly. "I...just don't think I know you anymore. You're not the Kris that I met or married." 

 

Kris's eyes widened, "No...no, no, no..." he shut his eyes, pinning his forehead to hers. "Please, don't say that. I'm still the same person. I assure you." his fingers ran over her smooth cheeks. "It was just college. It was only with one person; Hana. I've grown from it and I found myself. It made me the person I am today. You have to believe me." He spoke tenderly, wanting her to understand him.

 

"I...I don't..." Jessica was honestly for a loss of words, as she stared down at the floor to figure out all the thoughts that were jumbled in her head.

 

"Look at me." Kris made her face him, his voice soft and gentle. "I'm still the same person. I guarantee."

 

Jessica stared at him, wondering. "Then why didn't you tell me before? Why did you keep this from me?" she didn't understand why he never told her.

 

"It's not something I'm proud of. It was something that I tried to see where I stood with my views. Just to see what it was like and I ended up realizing that it wasn't for me and that it's a beautiful, passionate thing that you do with a loved one, a loved one that you trust with all of you." Kris revealed his thoughts, letting Jessica see how he became the person he came to be today. "Me and Hana never had a real relationship. Strictly friends. We just thought the benefits part was an experiment and something that would put some kind of meaning into our lives. We trusted each other so we tried it. I never had feelings for her. She's just a friend."

 

"But I'm sure she has feelings for you." Jessica could tell that Kris made such an impact on Hana's life.

 

Kris crooked an eyebrow. "Hana?" he watched as Jessica met his gaze. "She doesn't. I can assure you." he grinned. "She actually has a boyfriend back in Japan." He saw his wife become confused. "Hana is very touchy and even childish because she grew up without parents. She didn't have much of a childhood, which was why she stuck by me and trusted me so much in college. I'd like to think she's grown up be a very successful person with many social and ethical skills, but she's still the same girl she was when she was in college." He went more in depth about Hana's past. "I'm sure you're wondering why she seems to cold towards you. She takes time warming up to people. It's only normal considering how she grew up..and also because we had a bet saying who would get married first. She lost." he gave a little victory smile.

 

Jessica started to get the bigger picture. "So she was your college best friend..."

 

"Well, more like I was her college best friend. She didn't have much friends." Kris saw how she was calming down and starting to understanding a little more of everything. "I honestly didn't know she was coming. She surprised me at the office. I was actually helping her tour around Korea a bit, which was why I missed your dinners and came home late. Hana is like a curious kid sometimes. I'm sorry."

 

Jessica glanced down at the floor awkwardly. "...You could've invited her for dinner then." Her impression of Hana was completely off, now realizing that there was more than meets the eye.

 

"Well, Hana didn't want to meet you just yet. She thought today would be better to surprise you, but she wasn't aware that we were fighting." Kris cleared his throat, knowing that Hana was one of the reasons why they were actually fighting. "That's why I didn't want to pressure you by making you meet her all of the sudden, but I guess that didn't work out well. I'm sorry."

 

"It's okay..." Jessica replied, accepting his apologies. "Thank you for explaining to me."

 

Kris only smiled, seeing how much Jessica has gotten an insight on all this. "No problem. I just don't want you getting upset. Don't assume things, just ask. I'm always here for you. You know that." He embraced her tightly, as Jessica nodded into his chest.

 

"I'm sorry for yelling at you. I was just...caught up in the moment." Jessica sighed, snuggling in his warm, long-awaited chest.

 

"It's okay." Kris placed several kisses on her lips. "And don't doubt yourself or put yourself down. You're perfect. Perfect the way you are. It doesn't matter what shape or form you are. I'll love you no matter what happens. It's only you. My one and only. Don't forget that."

 

"I won't." Jessica smiled. "I love you too."

 

Yixing suddenly lifted himself off the couch and stretched his body while yawning. "Well, looks like work here is done. I'm going home and taking a nap. Hope to never see you again annoying brat." he ruffled his hair and walked out the front door.

 

Hana only glanced up from her phone and shot the guy a weird look. "Hope to never see you again either, you jerk." she never understood why Kris had a friend that negative. She only rolled her eyes and reverted back to her phone.

 


 

Even if the fight that centered around Hana was solved, there was also another problem to be fixed. Kris knew just how to fix it and he was going to make sure it ended on his terms. There was no way he was going to lose. Absolutely no way. Kris was determined to fix this problem and even if he was going to go up against Jessica, he was set on winning this fight. 

 

The pregnancy pillow has got to go.

 

Kris only eyed his wife as she snuggled closely towards her beloved pregnancy pillow. Ever since he got it for her, Jessica has been in love with it. Everything is supposedly better about sleeping for her. The fact that Jessica could sleep without Kris made him upset. If Jessica were to asked to pick between who to sleep with, the pregnancy pillow would win. Hands down. Kris has been battling with that pillow for the longest time ever. 

 

But it's going change tonight. Kris will make sure he'll mark the end of that pillow. He was going to get to sleep with Jessica again and finally get some good sleep. 

 

"Jess..." Kris called her, making her look up from the pillow. "I think I left my book over on your nightstand." 

 

Jessica frowned and snuggled back onto her pillow. "I'm too tired to get it. Get it yourself." she pouted. 

 

"But...my book." Kris acted as if he really wanted that book.

 

"It's okay." Jessica dismissed him. "You always fall asleep reading anyways."

 

Kris's jaw dropped in surprise for a moment before he composed himself. "Please? It's the baby book." he said, knowing that Jessica really encourages him to read the book to understand how to look after a baby.

 

Jessica peeked open an eye and saw how serious he was. "Fine." Kris was about to go through with his plan, until Jessica lazily tried to feel the nightstand with her arm behind her, not even moving an inch. 

 

"I think it's in the drawer, not on top." Kris offered. 

 

Jessica whimpered in her spot for a moment before finally pulling herself up and turning around to search through her nightstand. "It would've been just easier if you got it yourself." While she was busy doing that, Kris literally grabbed the pregnancy pillow and threw it off the bed behind him to make sure that Jessica wouldn't actually want to get up that far to retrieve it.

 

"Kris, it's not here. It should be on your—" Jessica turned back around to gape at space where her pillow used to be. 

 

Kris stretched his arms. "It's okay. I don't think I want to read anymore." He grinned as if nothing happened. 

 

"Kris..." Jessica warned him, knowing that he's tried taking her pillow away and would always fail at the end of the night.

 

"Oh, come on~ I'll be your pillow." Kris opened up his arms for her. "Come snuggle with me instead~" he pouted extremely cute. "Please? Your hubby needs some loving too."

 

Jessica couldn't help but smile at him. She knew that Kris was having the hardest time being close to her when she was always with her pillow. It honestly made Kris feel pushed aside and feel invisible. Jessica feels bad, but that pillow was just the most comfortable thing she has ever encountered. Well, that and Kris's embrace. Instead of seeing this as a fight like other times, Jessica actually saw it as a way to spend more quality time with Kris. She knows fairly well that Kris does become edgy and even grumpy when he doesn't get a good nights sleep and that seemed to be happening too frequently. Jessica figured she could give up the pillow.

 

"I'm sure he does." Jessica grinned, cuddling close to him.

 

Kris became extremely happy and wrapped both arms around her and sighed in contentment. "Mm~ I don't think I'm going to give you that pillow back." he kissed her head several times. 

 

"Why not?" Jessica pouted, not wanting to lose her pillow forever.

 

"I love cuddling with you, baby." Kris breathed out, nuzzling into her soft hair. "I honestly wouldn't mind staying like this forever."

 

Jessica giggled and wrapped her arms around Kris tighter. "Mmkay..." She figures she could live without that pillow with Kris around.

 



{Author's Note}: Sorry for the late update...my laptop is out for repair so I've been literally writing this chapter out on paper before I type it all on my phone. Thanks for the patience! ^^

Thanks for the upvote! <3
jeonsoeun