Chapter 28

Forever

Author’s POV:

 

“Let’s go!!!” The happy maknae cheered, pumping a fist up in the air. “I want free ice cream!”

 

Kris was hunched over, bearing Sehun’s weight, which seems to weigh a ton. “It’s a café, not an ice cream parlor!” he groaned in agitation. “Would you get off of me now?!” he exclaimed, hating how the light-haired boy clung onto his back as if he was glued on.

 

“Oh…really? Well then I’ll get a cupcake! Cupcakes are good too.” Sehun smiled in thought, still clung onto Kris, liking the fact that he forced his hyung to piggy back him. “Hyung, why are you slouched over? It’s bad for your back.” Sehun patted his shoulder, ignoring Kris’ order.

 

“Well I wouldn’t be slouching if it wasn’t for the fact that you weigh more than a truck ton!” Kris let out a growl. “Get off of me, Sehun!” he slapped the younger’s leg that was latched around his stomach.

 

Sehun gasped in horror. “I’m not that heavy!!” he used his little fist to hit Kris on the shoulder.

 

“Says the one that’s making me carry him.” Kris rolled his eyes.

 

“Hey! I’m not that heavy!” Sehun pouted. “Ask Lulu! He’ll tell you the truth! I’m as light as a feather!”

 

Kris scoffed at his words. “As if.”

 

Sehun took in a long, unnecessary gasp for emphasis. “If Lulu can carry me, you can too! it up, hyung! I’m light! Stop pretending that I’m not!” the maknae shook his head, taking Kris’ comments as if they were a joke.

 

Seeing Jessica coming down from the steps, Kris immediately stood up straight all of the sudden, making Sehun yelp and flail until he fell unceremoniously onto the floor. The maknae was definitely not ready for Kris’ sudden movement. Sehun whimpered and felt his start to hurt.

 

Kris grinned as he went ahead and picked Jessica up in his arms before she could even descend the stairs completely, catching her off guard. She reflexively wrapped her arms and legs around Kris, a small squeal escaping her lips due to the unexpected movement.

 

“She’s as light as a feather.” Kris corrected Sehun, shooting a smile at Jessica before kissing her lips.

 

Jessica accepted the kiss, but was at a loss for what was going on. “Sehun, what are you doing on the floor?” she gave him a questionable look, still in the comfort of Kris’ hold.

 

Just as Sehun was about to start complaining and snitching on Kris, Luhan appeared out of the bathroom and saw the maknae on the floor looking like he was in pain. “Hunnie! Did you fall?!” Luhan ran to Sehun’s side, seriously worried.

 

“It was hyung’s fault!!” Sehun pointed an accusing finger at Kris, who rolled his eyes in return.

 

“Right, says the fat one who climbed onto my back.” Kris groaned.

 

Luhan took in an exaggerated gasp. “Hunnie isn’t fat! He’s as light as a feather!”

 

“SEE?!” Sehun boasted with an agreeing voice. “I told you!! Lulu! He said that I weigh a ton!” the maknae whimpered, sounding more than upset.

 

Luhan only helped the boy to his feet and embraced him as if he was made of glass. “It’s okay, Hunnie.” He shushed Sehun. “We all know Kris is the heaviest among us all. Being that tall doesn’t have that many perks. He’s automatically the fattest. Everything about him is big and large.”

 

Sehun blinked and nodded his head. “Yeah…that’s true…” he looked at Kris up and down. “Very true.” Sehun raised his eyebrow and shook his head, his eyes obviously looking towards Kris’ pelvis area.

 

Kris obviously knew what the two were referring to and shot them a glare. “How immature and gross can you two get?”

 

Both Sehun and Luhan crossed their arms. “We’re just stating facts.” Sehun chided. “Yeah, it wasn’t our fault we all went to the bath house together before.” Luhan added in. “We weren’t the first ones to notice either. Chen was the first one who pointed it out and started to rank everyone from the largest to the smallest.”

 

It only took a few minutes for Jessica to figure out what they were actually talking about. When she did, her eyes widened and slid out of Kris’ hold. The cons of staying in the same room as men: males will talk about absolutely anything anywhere. The fact that they were talking about something as private as this made Jessica feel slightly embarrassed.

 

“It wasn’t our fault your man parts are the size of a lead pipe!” Luhan blurted out with attitude, Sehun egging him on and agreeing.

 

“Somebody is obviously jealous of my–”

 

“Oh gosh, let’s just go.” Jessica interrupted Kris and dragged him out of the house, preventing anymore talk about ‘man parts.’

 

Sehun and Luhan followed, shutting the door behind them as they exited the house. While the two shuffled into the backseats of the car, Kris did the favor of buckling Jessica in, as he always does. Right when the two shared a kiss, Sehun decided to his head in between the two and grin mischievously.

 

“Noona! How does it feel to be married to the guy who has the biggest package out of the twelve of us?” The maknae had to hold his giggles in.

 

Jessica only stared at the fair-haired boy with amused wide eyes. Kris did the honor and smacked his hand on over Sehun’s face, effectively pushing him back into his seat. The married man cursed the boy under his breath before starting the car, hearing the giggles and sniggering from the backseat.

 

“Noona, you’ve seen it before right? It’s really like the size of a lead pipe!” It was Luhan’s turn to start instigating things to bother Kris.

 

“Luhan, I swear to god I’m going to defenestrate you one day.” Kris really did feel like throwing Luhan out of a window right now, finding the deer’s dirty mind extremely embarrassing and inappropriate.

 

Being lucky and out of Kris’ reach, Luhan only continued speaking. “Noona, does it ever bother you?” he gasped before asking something else. “Does it hurt?” Jessica gave him a clueless expression. “You know…when he puts it in…”

 

“Oh my god, Luhan!” Kris shouted, gripping the steering wheel with extreme force, as if the wheel was Luhan’s neck. “Will you stop? That is completely private–”

 

“Are you jealous of my husband’s masculinity?” Jessica’s sudden statement made Kris stop in his words and unknowingly grin at ease. “You guys seem to really like boasting about it.” She blinked at the two with a smile on her face, as she defended her beloved spouse.

 

A sense of self-pride surged through Kris, feeling much more proud after Jessica had shut both Luhan and Sehun up with her strong words. Entwining their fingers together, Jessica gave him a grin, telling him that she was always going to be on his side. Kris only reciprocated her happy look and brought her hand up to his lips. To be quiet honest, Jessica also felt a good source of satisfaction after knowing that her Kris was indeed ranked the first for having ‘the biggest package,’ in Sehun’s terms. She was somewhat proud.

 

Luhan started to snicker in the back. “Noona likes big packages~”

 

“Luhan, I swear. You’re ruining Sehun’s mind.” Kris gave the deer a quick but intense glare, making Luhan yelp and shut his mouth.

 

Before anyone else could say anything, they had arrived at the local coffee shop. Of course, they were now going to visit Tao and Krystal while they were working. Luhan and Sehun managed to bother the married couple just enough to actually bring them along. Jessica and Kris were quite curious to how Krystal and Tao were keeping up with their first jobs. They weren’t kidding when they said they’d visit. Certainly, the couple is visiting the two without any notice. There was no fun in visiting when your presence was expected. On another note, Kris wanted to see how genuine Tao would be on his job.

 

“Ugh, why are there so many people?” Sehun immediately groaned, sagging his shoulders at the packed coffee shop.

 

“It’s so popular…we’ll never be able to get a seat.” Luhan pouted, not liking the crowd either.

 

Kris only sighed at the stuffed coffee shop, looking dull and unwilling to actually go in anymore. “At least Tao and Krystal won’t see us as easily this way.” He ended up on a positive note.

 

“There are a lot of people…I wonder how Tao and Krystal keeping up.” Jessica was the only one worried about the two young ones.

 

Regardless of the crowd, the four entered the shop and scanned around to find a table. Kris already hated how much people were around, as he saw how people would bump into Jessica, causing her to stumble around. There were too many people walking in and out. Kris held a protective arm around Jessica, using his tall stature to avoid anyone from touching her.

 

“I found an open table!!” Luhan shouted over the loud indistinct chattering. “It’s over there!” he pointed towards the corner of the shop.

 

The four squeezed their way through the line of people and towards the open table. Sehun literally dashed his way there and pushed several people out of the way just so he could claim the table. The maknae was not going to stand the entire time they were going to be here, hence, he was determined to shove anyone out of the way, regardless. The fair-haired baby got a few mean looks, but managed to still keep the table. The remaining three strolled their way towards the table with a grin, happy to know that no one else stole it.

 

“Good job, Hunnie!” Luhan took a seat next to him, praising the boy for successfully maintaining the table at such a fast rate. Sehun only gave an innocent smile, enjoying the compliment.

 

“I didn’t think you would actually push a girl out of the way.” Kris mused, letting Jessica sit in the inner seat before taking the outer seat to prevent his wife from getting hit by anyone walking by.

 

“Well I did. I wasn’t going to stand the entire time.” Sehun huffed, having stubborn thoughts.

 

“Oh, its lunchtime…no wonder why it’s crowded in here.” Jessica took note of the time. “We should just wait till the line clears up before we order.” She peeked at the large line that almost coursed out the door.

 

Luhan sighed and rested his chin on his palm. When he looked forward, he saw that Kris and Jessica were all smiles as they were talking to each other, naturally having close contact. “Hyung. Noona.” The deer suddenly called out. “When are you guys having babies?” his sudden question made the couple’s eyes direct fully onto him.

 

Sehun gasped excitedly. “BABIES?! YEAH!! I want a baby nephew! He’ll definitely be cute!”

 

“I would come over everyday if you two had a baby.” Luhan revealed his true intentions, actually looking forward to having either a niece or nephew. “Little Kris’ and little Jessica’s running around! It would be adorable!”

 

“Yeah, okay. I don’t you to see my future child everyday. You’ll raise my baby to have a creepy dirty mind. I don’t want my child to be tainted.” Kris leaned back in his seat, an arm resting on the top of Jessica’s chair. Luhan whimpered and pouted at him.

 

Sehun’s eyes almost bulged out of his eyes. “So you guys are going to have a baby?!”

 

“We thought about it. It’ll just happen when it happens.” Jessica gave a vague answer, shrugging her shoulders. “We’re not really in a rush, aren’t we?” she looked up at Kris.

 

Kris only pecked her lips in agreement. “When the time comes, it’ll come. We’re open to having a child.”

 

“Well have one soon! Nothing interesting has been happening within our group of friends. Why are we all boring?” Luhan groaned. “We should do something. It’s been a while since we’ve seen everyone together too.”

 

Sehun perked up at his words. “Lulu! Let’s set up a vacation!”

 

“Vacation?” The rest of the three voiced out, intrigued by his sudden idea.

 

“Yeah! We should all plan a vacation all together! All the girls and the rest of the boys! We’ll have lots of bonding time and we’ll catch up with one another! It’ll be great!”

 

Jessica didn’t hate the idea at all. In fact, she loved it. It’s been a while since she’s seen the boys and her own best friends as well. “But where would we go?” she seemed to come across another factor that they’ll have to think about.

 

“Jeju.” Kris spoke up, suggesting somewhere close. “It’s a good place to have a vacation and it’s close. All we’re really going to do is eat, sleep and play. Might as well have a nice beach nearby. We could even have a barbeque if we wanted.”

 

“That sounds really nice.” Jessica glanced up at Kris with glimmering eyes, liking his idea.

 

“I always suggest good things.” Kris boasted, giving a mock smug look. Jessica only grinned at his playful ways and nudged him.

 

Sehun cheerfully bounced up and down in his seat. “I agree with noona!! Let’s go with hyung’s idea! It sounds fun! I want barbeque! Let’s do a campfire too!!”

 

“I haven’t done a campfire in so long!” Luhan got his hopes up. “Let’s go to Jeju!” he slapped the table in excitement, Sehun following along.

 

“When should we go?” Jessica asked, seeming like the only person at the table with proper planning skills. “We should make sure everyone could go first…” she pulled out her phone to begin contacting everyone.

 

Kris also fished out his phone from his pocket. “I’ll text the boys.”

 

“Noona! Why don’t you invite Krystal too?” Sehun suddenly asked.

 

Having his sister-in-law’s name come up made Kris look up at Sehun with questioning eyes. “Why?” he wasn’t sure if he’d want the little brat there.

 

Sehun became quiet and rather shy. “Maybe she might want to go.” He shrugged his shoulders. “The more people the better. It’s not going to be fun if there are only several people.”

 

Jessica grinned at how the maknae was also trying to get Krystal involved as well. “It’s okay, Sehun. We all know that you and Tao have a thing for Soojung.” She pointed out the obvious, causing Kris chuckle as well.

 

Luhan gasped. “You do?!” he sounded surprised at the hidden information. “When was this?!”

 

“No, I don’t!” Sehun protested, trying to stay true to Luhan. “I was just asking for Tao! I would never abandon you, hyung!” the maknae latched his arms around Luhan.

 

“Since when would you ever ask for Tao?” Kris leaned forward, having fun adding fuel to the fire.

 

Jessica nodded her head, deciding to take part in Sehun’s complication. “I thought you guys always compete with each other, as far as I know.” She gave a meek smile.

 

Luhan directed his ugly frown to Sehun, to which the maknae pouted his lips and blinked innocently at him. “Hyung~”

 

“Don’t.” The deer only looked away, sulking with mixed feelings. “I can’t believe you would betray me.” He muttered.

 

“I didn’t betray you!” Sehun denied frantically, wanting to get his Lulu back to the way he was before.

 

Jessica and Kris amusedly watched the two in front of them. “It’s okay, Sehun. We all know you’ve had some sort of liking to Krystal ever since the first time you saw her.” Kris started to expose more and more information.

 

Sehun shot the married man a mean glower. “Hyung! Stop!” he used his fist and hit Kris from across the table.

 

“Don’t be assaulting Kris! You’re the one who’s wrong here! Liar. Betrayer. face.” Luhan huffed, folding his arms before continuing to look away from Sehun.

 

“Lulu!” Sehun cried, having a quivering lip with puppy eyes.

 

“Oh, look. There isn’t a line anymore. Seems like the rush hour passed.” Jessica got up, Kris following along.

 

Sehun and Luhan momentarily forgot about their little squabble and got up as well, trailing behind the two. Seeming that the crowd has been extinguished out, the employees were busy restocking the coffee beans and such, considering that no one was out managing the front counter. Seeing a bell, Sehun – being the little kid he naturally is – rang it for a total of four times, for there are four people in front of the counter.

 

“What are you getting?” Kris took this time to actually look at the menu.

 

“A vanilla frappuccino…I remember Tao made that for me last time.” Jessica remembered clearly. “I’m sure my angry bird wants a green tea latte.” She knowingly grinned up at him.

 

Kris kissed her cheek with a bright grin. “My baby knows me well.” Of course his wife would know what flavor he liked.

 

“How come no one is coming out?” Luhan asked, tapping on the bell several times impatiently.

 

“Sorry for the wait– Unnie!” Krystal popped out from the back storage room, surprised to see her sister. “What are you guys doing here?” she grinned happily, taking her position behind the cash register.

 

“We told you that we’d visit.” Kris explained, playfully poking her head to make her head sway to the right. “Luhan and Sehun wanted to come too.”

 

Sehun excitedly waved to Krystal, to which Luhan immediately slapped his arm down. Luhan then gave a warm smile to the younger Jung. “Hi, Krystal.”

 

Krystal only waved back to the two, before asking for orders. “What did you guys want?”

 

Kris suddenly noticed a familiar figure behind the coffee machine and excused himself. “Order for me.” He received a nod from Jessica before scooting off.

 

Sneaking behind the counter, Kris made his was into the employee zone and next to the working panda boy, who was concentrating on decorating a cup of coffee. Peeking over his shoulder, Kris noted that Tao was actually putting effort and time into designing the coffee with a detailed leaf. “Not bad.” Kris suddenly spoke up, frightening the panda.

 

Tao flinched, nearly messing up on his design. His eyes lashed back to see who had almost made him make a mistake, only to immediately put his guard down. “Hyung!!” he placed his small pitcher of cream down and latched onto the older male. “What are you doing here?! Are you here to visit me? But I never told you where I worked. Noona told you right? But it was supposed to be a surprise! Oh my god, why are you back here?! Customers aren’t allowed back here! Go away!” the panda barely had time to catch a breath before he started pushing Kris out from behind the counter.

 

“Here, take a picture of me and send it to mom!” Krystal rushed Jessica to get her phone out. “That way she’ll have proof that I was working. It’ll make mom and dad stop teasing me about possibly slacking off during the job.”

 

Jessica lowered her phone and tilted her head. “Soojung, you better be doing your job correctly.” Krystal only shoved the phone higher and in front of her, trying to brush off what she told her. “Mom and dad wouldn’t be second guessing you if you weren’t doing your job seriously.”

 

Krystal sighed, “I’m working! I really am! Go ask Tao oppa if you want proof! He’s been teaching me this whole time.” She slumped her shoulders. “Can we just take the picture now?”

 

Jessica raised her phone up, preparing to take a picture. Luhan and Sehun suddenly butted in. “KIMCHI!!” they both posed with v-signs, grinning like idiots and effectively photo bombing Krystal’s picture.

 

“What are you doing?” The sudden voice from behind made Krystal freeze and look back with wide eyes, only to calm down.

 

“You got me all freaked out!” Krystal whined, punching Kris in the arm. “I thought you were my manager.” She patted her chest in relief.

 

Kris smirked victoriously. “You should be doing your job regardless if your manager is here or not.” he judged her.

 

“Just because you’re a manager at the company, doesn’t make you my manager.” Krystal stuck her tongue out at him. “Hey! What are you even doing back here?!” she only realized that only employees were allowed behind the counter.

 

“Tao.” Kris nodded his chin towards the working panda, who failed miserably trying to kick Kris out from the employee area.

 

Krystal looked dumbfounded. “But…still…you’re not allowed back here!”

 

“Oh, Jessica!” A female employee appeared out from the back room. “Are you visiting again? Come in!” she gestured Jessica to come into the back.

 

Jessica perked up from the sudden recognition and grinned, making her way behind the counter and started a conversation with the worker. Ever since her last visit, Jessica has made a few new friends that are Tao’s co-workers.

 

“Hey! Tao~!” Luhan chirped, naturally skipping his way in as well. Sehun swiftly followed as well, crossing into the employee zone. “We have an idea for a vacation!” the deer was quick about announcing his ideas.

 

“May I have a cupcake?” Sehun asked, peering into the clear plastic container that held all the sweets. He shrugged, never receiving an answer. “I'll take a chocolate one. It’ll come out of Tao’s paycheck.” He gave a thumb up and grabbed the cupcake before munching on it deliciously.

 

Krystal only gaped at the busy mob hanging out behind the counter. Her shoulders sagged as she rolled her eyes. So much for an ‘employees zone.’ 

 



{Author's Note}: Sorry for the wait. Busy week. Happy late Thanksgiving. LOL. This was a filler chapter, sorry if it was terrible. Gah. Author will go sleep now. Je suis tres fatigue~! Omg, on another note, did you guys know Paul Walker died today?! Fast and Furious won't be the same D: 

Thank you amazing readers for upvoting! ^^ (I was wrong about that upvoting more than once thing..I think. LOL. Sorry? I'm really NOT SURE if you could upvote more than once o_o)
KpopLover756
KimHyeHae
Vanessa18
awesomemener
spiritjinx
SicaKris
PrincessUnknown
exotics17