Chapter 47

Forever

Author’s POV:

 

Jessica’s Pregnancy Calendar – Week 9

 

Standing on her tippy toes, Jessica peeked through the peephole to see who was at their doorstep. Seeing a male figure with his face facing towards the door, Jessica’s lips settled in a straight line. They weren’t expecting anyone, let alone a male. For a moment, Jessica considered calling Kris down to answer the door instead. It wasn’t until the male figure turned around and rang the doorbell again.

 

Oh. It was a deliveryman.

 

Opening up the door a bit, Jessica poked her head out and gave the man a smile. “Package for Mrs. Wu?” the man read off his clipboard.

 

“That would be me.” Jessica finally opened the door all the way and looked curiously at the big box the deliveryman was holding.

 

“If you could sign here please.” The man handed her a clipboard with a pen and she neatly signed it off. “Thank you, enjoy your evening.” He handed the box to Jessica before departing.

 

“Thank you~” Jessica grinned before tottering back inside and kicking the door shut.

 

Adjusting the box in her arms, Jessica huffed before she began her trek back up the stairs. For a woman who was still experiencing pregnancy fatigue, this is really taking up her remainder of her already low energy. Before she could even decide to call for Kris, she was already back into the bedroom.

 

“Who was it? I heard a male voice.” Kris sat up on the bed and had a serious expression.

 

Jessica sighed out and set the box on the floor. “I thought I was supposed to be treated like a queen. What happened to the ‘Are you okay? You should’ve called me to bring the box up so you wouldn’t have to lift a finger’?” she sat down on the floor before trying to catch her breath, as she was already almost out of breath to begin with.

 

“Sorry, still recovering from being ed.” Kris replied back in equal sarcasm. “Who sent the package?” he took a seat next to her on the floor.

 

Looking at the sticker on the box, Jessica didn’t find a sender. “Doesn’t say. Guess we’ll find out when we open it.”

 

Kris grabbed his keys and began to cut through the tape efficiently. “You can do the honors…” he slid the box towards her after he was done opening the seals.

 

Jessica’s delicate fingers flipped the flaps of the cardboard box open and voiced a small ‘oh?’ when she found an envelope sitting right on top of a mass amount of tissue paper. “It’s from Kyungmi!” she smiled at her cousin’s name labeled on the envelope.

 

Kris poked his head closer in curiosity. “We haven’t seen her in a while. I wonder how Kyungsan is doing.”

 

“Let’s see what it says first.” Jessica opened up the letter.

 

Hello hello!

I’ve heard from a certain grandma and grandpa Jung that our little Sooyeon is entering motherhood soon!! Congratulations, my baby cousin! Kya! I’m so excited for you! I just know you and Kris will be the best parents! I’m glad you guys are starting a family and I just know the baby will be just as cute as Jessica and as loving as Kris. Now Kyungsan as a playmate! Speaking of the little panda, he’s been itching to see you guys!

Hopefully the pregnancy has been manageable for you both. Being a mother, I know that it’s life changing. The ups and downs, they’re all part of it. I’ll let you both know that I’ll be there for you guys anytime, since our Jessica has been there for me during my pregnancy. I’ll be more than glad to give you two guidance or even advice. That’s what family is for, right?

As for the contents in the surprise box, they’re little…lets say, ‘leftovers’ from Kyungie and we’re both more than willing to give it to someone who will use them later on. I thought I had no use for all the maternity materials lying around the house and since Sooyeon is now expecting, I’m sure you’ll find these helpful!

Visit soon! We’re dying to see you both!

Kyungmi and Kyungie”

 

Placing the letter down, Jessica became even more eager to know what was in the box. Taking out the tissue paper, she came face to face with a bunch of assorted items. Kyungmi definitely had a bunch of maternity materials.

 

“Look, Kris! It’s matching outfits for us and blip!” Jessica awed at the three different sized striped shirts made just for them. “They’re so cute~”

 

“They’re new too.” Kris’ eyes widened slightly, surprised at how generous Kyungmi was by giving them extra thoughtful gifts.

 

Jessica’s jaw slacked. “She actually bought us a ton of new things!” she saw that most of the items in the box still had the price tags on – well, a ripped price tag, courtesy of Kyungmi so the couple wouldn’t have to see how must she spent on them, so they wouldn’t feel burdened.

 

“These booties are so adorable~” Kris chuckled, eying the teeny orange boots made for toddler aged kids. “So are these onesies~” he couldn’t resist getting giddy.

 

Jessica gasped as she pulled out a set of newborn materials including hats, gloves and a blanket. “Aw~ I guess we got baby blip’s first outfit.” She grinned widely.

 

Kyungmi had a great sense for the clothing. The of the baby hasn’t been determined yet, so getting clothing would be hard for the baby. But for Kyungmi and her mommy sense, she had gotten baby clothes that were made and passable by both genders.

 

“I’m guessing these are for you?” Kris crooked an eyebrow and pulled out a few articles of female clothing that were around Jessica’s size.

 

Jessica took a moment to register the clothing before she realized what they were. “Ah~ Maternity clothing!” she knew the clothes looked familiar and recalled that she had actually bought these maternity clothes for Kyungmi way back when Kyungsan was still in Kyungmi’s tummy.

 

“Babe, I told you that we didn’t have to buy those books from before.” Kris suddenly spoke while Jessica was still examining every that they had took out so far.

 

“What do you mean?” she busily stacked the clothing one by one.

 

Kris took out the several books that Kyungmi sent them. “Kyungmi gave us hers. We even got the same book she got.”

 

Jessica sat there and blinked. “I guess we could return our books then. But you’ll still have to read it with me.”

 

Why yes of course, my queen~” Kris emphasized in a lively manner, making his wife giggle.

 


 

For once ever since her pregnancy, Jessica had awaken early and even before Kris on this Sunday morning. It surprised even Jessica. Kris was at a loss for a vacant moment before he realized his wife had woken up before him. At this point, Kris just wasn’t used to it. He was starting to enjoy waking up his wife everyday.

 

“I was thinking about visiting Kyungmi and Kyungsan today.” Jessica spoke up as they were eating breakfast together. “That way we could personally thank her and even see Kyungie. We have things to catch up on.”

 

“I’m sure Kyungmi can help us throughout the pregnancy. She can most definitely be there if you have any questions too.” Kris noted, looking out for his wife. “I haven’t seen Kyungie in a long time either. I hope he’s doing well. I wonder what his reaction is to baby blip.” He smiled, knowing that when baby blip comes, they’ll already have an older brother figure.

 

Jessica’s smile deteriorated. “What if Kyungsan doesn’t like blip? I mean, it took a while for Kyungie to even get used to you. He’s a little possessive like you.” She giggled at the last part. “I wonder where he got that from.”

 

Kris gave a defensive look. “I did not teach him to be as overprotective as me, not that it’s a bad thing, but Kyungie has and always been possessive over you. It’s not something that I’d prefer, but as a kid, I think it’s a cute gesture. He loves you…but I love you more.” He just had to include the last part. “But he’s a kid, so he doesn’t count.”

 

The wife only rolled her eyes playfully. “You couldn’t have made that sound the least possessive at all.”

 

“Possessive Kris will be possessive Kris.” The husband gave an obvious look.

 

“Of course, as always.” Jessica knew how protective Kris could get with her. It was his trait and Jessica just learned to love that side of him when others could find it just the opposite.

 

The couple jumped in a shock when a loud pounding coming from the front door emitted through the peaceful household. They were obviously not expecting company since they were planning to visit Kyungmi today.

 

“Geez, we have a doorbell. They could’ve at least rang it before beating up our door.” Kris complained, getting up to see what kind of commotion was awaiting them on their front porch.

 

“Be careful.” Jessica called after him before reverting back to her breakfast while she tried to text Kyungmi at the same time.

 

Getting ticked off by the slow destruction of their front door, Kris flung the door open without any warning as he was already glaring at the owner of the noise. Before he could even register anything, he was being jumped.

 

“CONGRATULATIONS!! OH MY GOD! I’M GOING TO BE AN AUNT!! NOW WHERE’S SICA?!” Tiffany shrieked in his ear and as quick as she tackled him in a hug, she was fleeing off in the house to find Jessica.

 

Kris stood dumbfounded at the door, watching Kai just getting onto their porch. Tiffany was on a roll.

 

“Tiff is a little excited.” Kai meekly shrugged his shoulders, all smiles as well.

 

A little? Really?” Kris crooked his eyebrow up. “She swept in here like a tornado.”

 

Kai laughed. “Congrats, man. Am I really going to be an uncle?”

 

“Unless you don’t want to be. I can always ban you from meeting my child.” Kris replied sarcastically.

 

Kai raised his hands in defense. “Hey, I think I can live with that. A little Kris running around? Oh, the chaos.” He retorted with equal humor, earning a punch in the arm from Kris himself. “You know I’m just messing with you. Congratulations on becoming a father. I guess things are really changing now.”

 

“Thanks.” Kris shut the door behind him after Kai had taken off his shoes. “Jess and I decided it was time. We agreed on it for a while and it happened.”

 

“Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll be a good father. Although I’m a little concerned for you.” Kai leaned on the wall.

 

“What do you mean?” Kris scrunched his eyebrows.

 

“With your height and all, what’ll happen when you scare your own baby away?” Kai shook his head, being a jokester.

 

Kris nudged him and rolled his eyes. Oh come on, what kind of father would be if he scares his own kid? A terrible one. Kris plans to become the best father, no doubt about it.

 

“You never know! I was scared of you when I first met you. And we were kids!” Kai was living proof of Kris being scary.

 

“Oh shut up~” Kris brushed off Kai’s ongoing teasing and led the way to see Jessica.

 

 

“OH MY GOD!! SICA!!” Tiffany screamed, extremely excited to see her best friend after hearing the news.

 

Jessica nearly dropped her plate at the sudden shouting from behind her. “Oh, Fany. You’re here.” She lightly placed her plate in the sink.

 

“YOU’RE PREGNANT!!” Tiffany’s exclamation was followed by a high-pitched, almost never-ending scream.

 

The pregnant woman recoiled and covered her ears. Oh geez. She should’ve expected such a crazy reaction from Tiffany.

 

“Y-Yea, I am, Fany.” Jessica tried to speak over her best friend’s shriek.

 

“I’M GOING TO BE AN AUNT!!” Tiffany flailed her arms, before taking a moment to take several deep breaths to cool down her hyperventilation. “OH MY GOD, YOU’RE PREGNANT.” She ran towards her best friend and engulfed her in a huge bear hug.

 

Jessica appreciated Tiffany’s excited reaction to her pregnancy, but she was being too squished in this tight hug. “Fany…the baby…” she squirmed uncomfortably, not wanting an accident or mishap.

 

“Oh my god! Sorry!” Tiffany instantly let go. “My niece or nephew, sorry~” she guiltily apologized to Jessica’s tummy as well.

 

Jessica only giggled at her. “Baby blip forgives you.”

 

“KYA! YOU GUYS CALL IT BLIP?” Tiffany jumped in excitement. “That’s so cute!!” she squealed, clapping her hands together. “Oh my god! Sica, you have no idea! This is such a surprise! I can’t believe I’m going to be an auntie! Oh my god!! A BABY!! BABY!!” she randomly started to blurt out, still in a state of surprise and shock. “MY BEST FRIEND IS PREGNANT!!” she couldn’t help but encase Jessica in another hug, this time much more gentle.

 

Jessica accepted the embrace and returned it. Her best friend could be so dramatic and crazy sometimes. But then again, who wouldn’t be? One of the closest people in her life just found out about something life-changing.

 

“Oh my god! I totally forgot to say this…CONGRATULATIONS!!” Tiffany cheered. “I’m so happy for you guys! I still can’t even get over the news!” she fanned her face due to the overexertion of screaming and excitement. “So how are you feeling?! Is Kris treating you well?! You don’t even look pregnant! You’re not showing yet! How far along are you?! Oh my god, now I know why you’ve been sleeping at the office all the time now! Are you going on maternity leave?” she couldn’t stop blurting out questions and comments.

 

They definitely needed to sit down and chat. Now that news of the pregnancy is released, geez, both Kris and Jessica had a lot of explaining to do.

 

Suddenly, the doorbell rang several times. Kris and Kai had just entered the kitchen. Kris and Jessica shared a look. Even with just Tiffany and Kai over, they had a lot of things to talk about. Just imagine the rest of the members coming over. Oh my god.

 



{Author's Note}: Sorry for the lack of update. Long story short, author-nim has been having a hard time dealing with her life right now. Please understand. 

Thank you for upvoting!
yoonyulbias009snsd