Chapter 42

Forever

Author’s POV:

 

Lying under the sheets with the absence of any clothing, Jessica was in Kris’ arms as they had finished their gentle lovemaking. Snuggling up to Kris’ bare chest, Jessica tucked her head underneath his chin. It was safe to say that Kris had avoided his punishment that Jessica had evoked for him. Next to that fact, he even got what he wanted. He had successfully managed to distract his wife once they came home.

 

“I didn’t hurt you did I?” Kris murmured into her hair as he carefully traced his finger on her stomach. It was his fourth time asking ever since they started their lovemaking.

 

Jessica shook her head. “You were as gentle as you could be.” She dragged her leg up in between his to give herself leverage to lean up and kiss him on the lips as a way to condone his concern.

 

Kris’ eyebrows arched as his wife’s leg was brushing against his manhood. She was just asking for another round. His signature smirk slid onto his face as he s his hands around her waist.

 

“Don’t get any suggestive ideas there, Mr. Wu.” Jessica smiled before setting herself back in the comfort of his chest.

 

A mock sigh of disappointment escaped Kris’ lips before he draped his arm around her. Jessica only interlocked their fingers together as she twiddled with Kris’ wedding band on his ring finger. Indeed, they were now forever tied together.

 

Extending his free arm, Kris snatched the little Polaroid sized picture of Jessica’s ultrasound off the nightstand. True to the checkup, Jessica had received an ultrasound so they could figure out exactly how far she was in pregnancy. It took a while, but Doctor Lee had expertly found their little blip inside Jessica.

 

“Five weeks since I’ve been pregnant…” Jessica grinned at the picture. “Who knew?”

 

“Our baby is a size of a sesame seed.” Kris placed his finger next to the picture.

 

“What do you think our baby will be? A girl? A boy?” Jessica kept her sights on the picture. Her voice was soft and gentle.

 

Kris sighed contentedly. “Boy or girl, I’ll love them just as much.” He pecked the crown of Jessica's head. “They’ll be my little princess or little prince. My baby.”

 

Jessica pouted, having her nickname stolen. “I thought I was your baby.”

 

Kris faced her with an amused smile. “Is someone jealous already?”

 

“I don’t know, am I?” Jessica tilted her chin up at him.

 

“Don’t worry,” Kris leaned down and connected their lips together. “You’ll always be my baby. My babe.” He grinned ecstatically. “And also my queen. So don’t be jealous.”

 

His words only made Jessica smile widely with liking. “I hope I can say the same about you.” She tapped his nose.

 

“Of course.” Kris responded with confidence.

 

Jessica arched an eyebrow. “Really? You won’t be jealous if I can’t be with you all the time? That I’m always going to be around our little baby? That I’ll choose our baby before you?”

 

Kris’ eyes narrowed. “I think we’ll have some ground rules to lay down before this little one comes out.” he spoke semi-saracastically.

 

The two broke out in grinning smiles. Engaging in a small lip lock, the couple showered each other in celebratory kisses. Both were happy about their incoming new addition to the family. Hugging onto each other, they enjoyed their warm embrace lovingly.

 

“…Kris,” Jessica suddenly spoke up and came face to face with him. “How should we tell everyone about our baby?”

 

Oh. Right.

 


 

There were many things to think about. But Jessica and Kris weren’t the only two doing some serious thinking. Of course, Kai was still in the midst of planning his proposal to Tiffany. Well, putting his plan to action to be exact. Just as Kris and Jessica’s lives are getting better, so were their friends. With all the news, the married couple almost forgot about the proposal Kai was about to make.

 

Thankfully, their friend had called them up beforehand and reminded them.

 

“Hey, Jongin.” Kris answered his phone, still chewing on his dinner.

 

Jessica looked up at Kris with curiosity, wondering why Kai was calling. She gave her husband a questioning look before she ate some of the spaghetti off her fork. Kris placed his phone down on the dining table before pressing on the speaker button.

 

“Hi Jongin.” Jessica piped up, letting the latter know she was also there.

 

“Hey guys!” Kai sounded out with a beyond joyous tone.

 

“You’re peppy today. What’s going on?” Kris impolitely spoke while chewing. 

 

Kai only kept up with his overjoyed happiness. “Of course I am! I was meaning to tell you guys about my final plans for the proposal. I just didn’t find the right time to make a private phone calls. Wait…” he remembered. “Why are you guys chewing? Oh, are you guys eating dinner? Did I bother you two at a wrong time?”

 

“Yeah, we’re eating dinner. Aren’t you supposed to be eating with Fany too?” Jessica noted the time.

 

“We felt too lazy to cook today so Tiff is out getting food for us.” Kai responded.

 

“Why aren't you with her?” Kris questioned, considering that was much more thoughtful for the guy to go on errands with his girlfriend.

 

Kai mumbled. “Yeah, I was going to, but Tiff wanted to go too and I wanted to call you guys up so I ended up letting her go and I stayed home. I was planning to call when I was out. I didn’t think she’d want to go since she said she wasn’t feeling like doing much today.”

 

“Wow, way to ditch your girlfriend.” Kris mused.

 

“Yeah…” Kai sighed in resentment. “But she’s already a little suspicious and even mad at me lately. One more day wouldn’t hurt.”

 

“We know.” Jessica remembered how Tiffany was becoming all down and upset at the fact that Kai was practically ignoring her. “Wait, what you mean ‘one more day’?”

 

“Well, since we’re still talking, it’s clear that I didn’t bother your mealtime so I’m just going to cut to the chase.” Kai reverted back to the original topic that he called for. “I’m planning to propose to Tiff tomorrow night at dinner. You’re all invited. She just thinks it’s a little get-together dinner with all the guys and girls, so don’t mention too much.”

 

“Aww~” Jessica cooed. “Oh that’s exciting! She’s going to be so surprised!”

 

“I know! God, I’m really excited. I hope it’s going to go perfect.” Kai sounded giddy.

 

Kris snorted. “I’m over the moon for you, man, but I think it’s a bad time to do it over a dinner.”

 

Kai’s tone changed into a questioning one. “Why?”

 

“You won’t have an appetite. You’ll be too nervous on the day of. It’s ridiculous. Sweaty palms, jittering legs, nervousness just coursing through your whole body. It’s all bad.” Kris explained. “I don’t know if you remember, but the day I had to propose, I couldn’t even touch my dinner.”

 

Jessica’s face filled with an understanding expression. “I remember! You weren’t even looking at your food! I thought you were sick at first. You got me worried.”

 

Kris only smiled at her. “I was just nervous, baby. I was too worried that something would mess up or maybe you’d say no.”

 

“Well I said yes.” Jessica gladly looked into his eyes with adoration.

 

“Ahem, still on the phone.” Kai caught the couple before they could drift any further into their own conversation. “But I already reserved the dinner table and everything. It looks over the Han River. Tiff said it was her favorite place.”

 

“I’m not saying to not propose, but dinner is just not going to go down your stomach.” Kris pointed out. “Your heart is going to pound out of your chest. It’s a crazy feeling.”

 

Kai’s voice deflated. “Really?” he sighed. “I suppose Tiff would notice if I didn’t eat…she’d become even more suspicious. I don’t want that happening. It has to be perfect.”

 

“Don’t worry, Jongin.” Jessica tried to comfort the man whose emotions changed from happy-go-lucky to down-in-the-dumps. “Fany would love it either way. Every woman would be too overjoyed from a proposal. You’re bringing her to her favorite place. She’s going to be happy anyways. Plus, all twenty-one of us are going to be there. I doubt she’ll be able to notice every little way you act. If she does get a hitch, we can always distract her.”

 

“Oh, yeah~ That’s right!” Kai piped up right away, back to his bubbly attitude. “Thanks Sica!”

 

“You’re welcome~” Jessica grinned.

 

“Oh right, Kris. Which knee did you go down on? Is there a specific protocol or is there a traditional way?” Kai asked in seriousness, wanting his proposal to be flawless.

 

Kris choked on his food with disbelief, thinking it was a joke. “You’re kidding, right?” he laughed.

 

“…No. No I’m not.” Kai responded, not knowing what was so funny.

 

Kris immediately stopped giggling and kept a straight face. “Oh. Dude, you’re thinking about this proposal way too much. Who in the world would ask which knee would one get on during a proposal?” he snorted.

 

“I just want to know. I’ve never proposed so I wouldn’t know.” Kai seemed to shrug his shoulders on the other line.

 

“I’ve only proposed once!” Kris exclaimed. “You didn’t see me asking anyone about which knee I would have to get down on.”

 

“Well, I wouldn’t know because you surely wouldn’t ask us. I mean, we’ve definitely haven’t proposed before.” Kai became impatient. “Now tell me which knee!”

 

Kris slumped in his seat, trying so hard to suppress his laughter. “Really now, this is–”

 

“Tiff is home! Tiff is home!” Kai whisper yelled onto the receiver. “Oh my god! Oh my god! Just tell me already! Oh my god! Act cool!” he freaked out, even though his phone wasn't on speaker. Telling Jessica and Kris to 'act cool' wasn't going to change anything. Jongin can be so weird sometimes.

 

Tiffany’s voice was distant over on the other line. “Who are you talking to?”

 

“Just Kris. He’s just asking about my underwear line. Apparently he’s looking for more comfortable underwear and he thinks mine are superb.” Kai smoothly lied, making Kris’ face contort into a confused one and Jessica only giggled. “Welcome home~” Kai had always been a smooth talker.

 

“He and Sica are going shopping right now?” Tiffany asked, her voice much more clear, telling them that she’s closer to the phone.

 

“Yup.” Kai’s voice directed to Kris again. “Yeah, Kris. It’s Hanes.”

 

Kris rolled his eyes. “That was crappiest excuse I’ve ever heard.”

 

“Oh yeah, no problem man.” Kai pretended not to hear his mockery. “Should be on the side of the store, if I remember correctly.”

 

“Tell them about the dinner tomorrow, Jonginnie.” Tiffany had reminded Kai. 

 

“Hey, there’s a dinner tomorrow. All the guys and girls will be there.” Kai basically repeated himself. “You two will be there right?”

 

“Of course we will!” Jessica wouldn’t miss the proposal for the world.

 

Kai delivered the message to Tiffany. “Sica said they’ll definitely be there!”

 

“See you tomorrow then, Sica!” Tiffany spoke over the phone.

 

So, did you find it, Kris?” Kai obviously didn’t put his phone on the speaker and emphasized his words quite ominously.

 

Kris knew what he meant and grinned, shaking his head. “It doesn’t matter which knee you get down on. Just don’t forget the words you want to say to her, especially the four worded question.” He gave his answer and ended the call.

 

Jessica only blinked at Kris with a small smile. “Guess we’re announcing our little blip tomorrow night.”

 

“They’re all in for two surprises.” Kris leaned over the table and kisses her lips.

 

Their plans to announce their news to the whole group was faster than they expected.

 



{Author's Note}: Thanks for reading guys! Keep the comments coming! ^^ They get me motivated!

Thank you to my upvoters!! <3
jungbiased
phoenix24