Chapter 4

Forever

 

Author’s POV:

 

A neck breaking nine-hour flight was finally about to land and Jessica couldn’t be any happier. She was ready to run off this plane and plop back down onto a real mattress at home.

 

Kris chuckled at her, seeing how excited she was to have the plane land. “Calm down babe, the plane didn’t even dip yet.” He intertwined their fingers together.

 

“I just want to go home, jump into the shower and then huddle under the duvet at home.” She pouted, ready to get rid of her jetlag.

 

It was around 3pm in Seoul and the two just wanted to go home a sleep. With the nineteen-hour difference from Korea and Hawaii, the two were really jetlagged as their bodies were facing through time zone changes. Nevertheless, the couple did enjoy their honeymoon.

 

After what felt like an eternity for Jessica, the plane finally landed and passengers started to file out. After retrieving their carry-ons, Kris and Jessica sauntered their way out and towards the customs. Speeding right though, the two then got their luggage at a fast pace due to Kris’ sharp eyes.

 

Placing all their baggage onto a cart, Kris then started to push it towards the gate. Snaking an arm around Jessica’s shoulders, he kissed her forehead before they both pushed the cart together while in each other’s arms.

 

Just as soon as they stepped out of the gate, they instantly spotted the people that were there to pick them up.

 

“Jessi!” Mommy Wu called out, a huge bright smile emitting from her. “Omo! You two look like models with your sunglasses on!” she giggled before giving the two of them a big hug. “Welcome back!”

 

“Welcome home you two.” Father Wu grinned, also giving the two hugs. “Let’s get your things into the car first and then we’ll take our time talking, shall we?”

 

Kris and Jessica nodded, thankful to have others helping them after a tiring flight back. Kris’ parents happily pushed the cart together and led the way towards the car in the airport parking.

 

Following behind closely, Kris still had Jessica in his arm while Jessica had her hand slipped into Kris’ back pocket of his khaki shorts. It was something Jessica had found comforting and easier, that way she didn’t have to hold onto Kris’ waist and tire her arm out.

 

“Omo, you two lovebirds, come on now!” Mommy Wu giddily looked at the two. “The elevator is about to close.” She gestured the couple to come inside the lift quickly.

 

As soon as everyone was situated into the elevator, Mommy Wu beamed at her son and her daughter-in-law. “How was Hawaii?” she inquired, a giggle escaping from her lips and she sighed. “I still can’t believe you two are married! It just seemed like yesterday that you two were just dating!” she couldn’t contain her excitement.

 

Jessica smiled, “It was great. We even got to see whales! It was amazing, mom!”

 

With that, Mommy Wu had stolen Jessica from Kris yet again. The new husband sighed, knowing that his mom was bound to steal Jessica from him every single time. Helping his dad with the luggage, Kris speedily set everything safely into the trunk of the car while the women already made it into the car.

 

Settling into the back of the car with Jessica, Kris slumped in his seat with relieved sigh to be heading home.

 

“I heard the beaches in Hawaii were amazing.” Mommy Wu continued to speak from the passengers seat, as Father Wu started the car.

 

Jessica nodded her head. “There are so many beaches. It’s warm wherever you go.”

 

“We should visit there as a family. All of us, including Krystal and maybe even bring along Tiffany so your sister can have company.” Mommy Wu suggested. “Maybe next year? It sounds wonderful already!” she clasped her hands together with excitement. “Omo, we should just invite everyone! The boys and girls…they should come too!” she referred to the EXO boys and Soshi girls.

 

“That sounds nice.” Jessica grinned, always liking Mommy Wu’s ideas for get-togethers and parties.

 

Kris only groaned, not liking the sound of that. His crazy friends to be on the same trip with his family? No. Just no.

 

“Oh, that reminds me! We have a family dinner tonight.” Mommy Wu gave her winning smile. “Your mom and I have been planning this for a while, since it’s hard to get every together on the same night for dinner. We hope that you two can make it. It’s at 7pm tonight.” She glanced back at Jessica.

 

Jessica only glanced at Kris before making a decision. “Sure, we’ll be there.”

 

Kris only slouched further down his seat and groaned even louder in denial.

 

“Wu Yifan! Is that how you respond to your mother?” Mommy Wu began her lecture. “It’s just dinner. How are you married and still acting this childish?” she sighed. “You’re only making things harder on poor Jessi. And how many times did I tell you not to slouch in your seat? It’s bad for your back!” she reached over and smacked him in the leg. “Still the same childish Yifan…” she grumbled.

 

The frown on Kris’ face only stayed permanent for a while until Jessica kissed it away. Even after marriage, things were still the same with his mother. She was still the outgoing and giddy woman who always loved Jessica. Ever since his mother got to know Jessica, the two ladies have been closer than two peas in a pod, leaving Kris to sulk on his own whenever his mother had taken Jessica away from him.

 

“So we’ll be dropping you two off first?” Father Wu suddenly spoke up in a questioning manner.

 

“Yup!” Mommy Wu responded for them. “Then we’ll go home to get ready and then meet everyone at the restaurant at seven.” She voiced out the itinerary for the evening.

 

Ever since Jessica and Kris got engaged, the Wu parents decided to move to Korea. It just seemed right, as it gave them a better chance to contact and see their son and their daughter-in-law. Father Wu could still work from the comfort of his home and Mommy Wu wouldn’t be nostalgically missing her beloved son and adored daughter-in-law. Everything just seemed easier and better if they moved to Korea, so before long, they did. It was just in time for Kris and Jessica’s wedding as well.

 

Considering the fact that the airport was quite far from Kris and Jessica’s shared home, Mommy Wu decided to bring up another topic.

 

“So how was it?” she suddenly asked.

 

Jessica only tilted her head at the question, as she didn’t know what her mother-in-law was referring to. Kris only stared at his mom with a blank look, trying to figure out what his mother was trying to say.

 

“You two know what I mean…” Mommy Wu’s meek grin couldn’t be missed.

 

Kris quickly caught on to what topic his mother was trying to bring up. But before he could prevent his mom from sputtering out anything careless, it was too late as Mommy Wu already opened .

 

“Did you two use protection?” Mommy Wu inquired straightforwardly without the slightest bit of embarrassment.

 

Kris slapped his face with his palms, letting out a hopeless sigh. Jessica instantly turned red at the inquiry. Even if she knew Mommy Wu was interested about her and Kris’ love life, Jessica would never get used to the fact that she would always be frank and ask them personal questions regardless of where they were.

 

Father Wu tried his best to contain his poker face for as long as he could, but clearly failed when he uncontrollably burst out in a huge laughter. He had always found his wife the best at questioning his son, but every time it involved his love life, he just couldn’t help but laugh until his stomach hurts.

 

Hearing deep chuckling, Kris looked up to see his father, his supposed ‘partner-in-crime,’ laughing until the tears nearly spilled out of his eyes. Kris sent a glare at his father through the rear-view mirror, not liking the fact that his own dad was having amusement from listening in on an embarrassing interrogation that was directed by his mother.

 

The car swerved, due to father Wu’s excessive giggles. “Dad, just watch the road!” Kris huffed, hoping his dad would get his message.

 

Quickly guiding the car back safely on the lane, Kris’ dad took in soothing breaths to calm himself down. “Sorry, son…” a small chuckle escaped from his mouth. “Sorry…” his father tried his very best to stop laughing.

 

“So, you two still haven’t answered my question…” Mommy Wu twisted her body so she could look at the two in the backseat. “Did you two use protection or not?” she blinked with curiosity and a smile on her lips.

 

Kris only muttered an incoherent ‘oh my god’ and covered his eyes in frustration. Mommy Wu, of course, took his actions in a different way.

 

“Omo. Yifan. Don’t tell me you two still haven’t done it yet! I thought your dad already taught you everything you needed to know! Do we still need another deep talk about se-”

 

“NO! No we don’t!” Kris cut into his mother’s words midsentence, his eyes the size of golf balls from the shock he was receiving.

 

Mommy Wu only frowned. “Then what was the problem?” her face brightened when she thought she realized what might’ve happened. “Was it the protection?! Did it break? Or did you hurt Jessi?!” she gasped and faced Jessica. “Did he hurt you, Jessi?! Omo! Yifan! Didn’t your father tell you to be gentle? Girls are fragile you know!”

 

Jessica only beamed in a deeper shade of crimson and dipped her head low, wanting to hide her beet red face. Words could not describe how embarrassing and awkward she and Kris felt at the moment.

 

“Honey, maybe you’re being a little too straightforward.” Father Wu spoke up after regaining his normal and understanding mind. “They’re probably extremely embarrassed that you’re asking so frankly.”

 

Mommy Wu only looked at her husband with a dull look. “But we’re family now! This isn’t an awkward topic anymore. We’ve talked about it so many times before.” She shrugged before gasping and turning back to the two. “IS MY JESSI PREGNANT?!” she shouted with agape. “Is that what it is?! You two didn’t use protection!!”

 

Kris only gaped at his mother with a stunned face, his eyes threatening to fall out of its sockets from the traumatic shock he was receiving from his mom. Jessica also stared wide-eyed at Mommy Wu, frozen on the spot at what her mother-in-law just guessed.

 

Judging from their shocked expressions, Mommy Wu thought she was right. “My guess was right? Jessi’s pregnant, right?! Omo! Already?! I’m going to be a grandmother!” she shrieked in excitement.

 

Due to extreme surprise, father Wu literally swerved the car to the side of the road, stepping down on the brake with extreme force that made everyone in the car fall forward a bit.

 

“I’m going to be a grandfather?!” Father Wu shouted, being intensely thrilled.

 

“My life just keeps getting greater and greater!!” Mommy Wu clasped onto her husband’s hand, being tremendously happy together.

 

Kris and Jessica’s jaw nearly dropped to the ground, feeling appalled that they would just jump to conclusions so quickly. They were at a loss for words at their parents’ cheers of pure joy.

 

“Oh my krisus.” Kris ran his hand through his hair in frustration. “NO! Jess isn’t pregnant!”

 

“I really am not.” Jessica voiced out, shaking her head, trying to clear any confusion and false accusations. “I’m still on birth control pills.”

 

The Wu parents were too busy squealing and expressing their glee that they had zoned the two out, not even hearing a single word that came out of Kris and Jessica’s mouths.

 

Seeing that they were ignored, Kris and Jessica only sighed and slumped in their seats, frowns apparent on their faces. Oh the frustration.

 



{Author's Note}: Keke...this time daddy wu has joined mommy wu in the act. ^^ Please leave your comments below~

Thanks to those who upvoted! *^^* 

mutiabc
Jermainey
louisasdf22
valerieng123
CookiePicklePants
desicalova
sonebe
Jamess
bingugigi
lollipopsmile
soojongin
sooyeon_1804
BlackSymphony
kyusiclover23
Woouforever
lovelikesea
devilsica
SONE999
BornConfused
JessicaCouplesLove
foryourseoul
baconeyeliner
shiningat2pm
Naya14
beyeol_
jessica222