Chapter 32

Forever

Author’s POV:

 

Sehun really wanted a campfire. Really really wanted one. And because it’s Sehun we’re talking about, there was a campfire. Correction, a campfire was forced to be made.

 

Everyone knew that when Sehun first started whining about marshmallows on sticks, they were going to have a campfire. Of course, that meant that everyone excluding Sehun, had to make it happen. Who exactly was this maknae whining to? None other than Luhan.

 

“WHERE ARE THE MARSHMALLOWS?!” Luhan’s demanding voice bursted through the air. “I TOLD YOU TO BUY BIG FAT WHITE MARSHMALLOWS, BAEKHYUN. THERE BETTER BE WHITE JUMBO MARSHMALLOWS.”

 

“Relax! It’s right here!” Baekhyun threw the bag of marshmallows that he got from the local convenience store to him. “Everything is good now, right? Calm down.” He tried to lower the diva’s voice.

 

“WHAT ABOUT THE CHOCOLATE?!!” Luhan’s voice pierced through, making Baekhyun groan. “WHERE’S THE CHOCOLATE, HYOYEON?! IT BETTER BE MILK CHOCOLATE. SEHUN DOESN’T EAT ANY OTHER CHOCOLATE EXCEPT MILK CHOCOLATE!”

 

A huge packet of mini milk chocolate bars flew into Luhan’s face unexpectedly. “DON’T TALK TO HER LIKE THAT!” Yixing yelled back, not liking the tone Luhan was using with Hyoyeon.

 

“I’M NOT A SLAVE!!” Hyoyeon chucked another packet at Luhan’s face before giving a successful smile, giving Yixing a high-five.

 

“The hotel actually has roasting forks.” Jessica and Kris walked out onto the lawn with a box of them. “They said we can use them, but we have to clean them before we return them.”

 

“We have the graham crackers!!” Sooyoung and Taeyeon strolled out, each munching on a cracker.

 

Luhan gasped. “YOU’RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE EATING THEM! WE’RE NOT GONNA HAVE ENOUGH! WE ALL KNOW SEHUN EATS A LOT.”

 

The two girls gaped at him before gesturing to him that they have a bag full of boxes of graham crackers. Who would actually have a campfire without an abundance of graham crackers, especially knowing that there are twenty-two people?

 

“Here’s the stupid firewood.” Chanyeol dumped the wood into the circular fire pit in the middle of the lawn.

 

“Can we start it now?” Kyungsoo asked, poking the firewood. “I have the lighter.”

 

“Wait! I want to start it!” Minseok complained, wanting to do the most exciting part.

 

“Back off! I’ll do it!” Tao suddenly stepped in.

 

“HA! You? You can’t even stay in the kitchen for more than five minutes without burning the house down!” Yoona suddenly laughed, pointing at Tao.

 

Tao gasped. “WHO TOLD YOU?!” he was appalled at the fact that his secret was leaked. Yoona stilled in her seat before taking a quick glance at Tiffany and shrugging. “NOONA! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?! NOW THEY’LL THINK I’M STUPID!” he pouted his lips like a child.

 

“Don’t worry, we already do.” Kai did not help the situation with his comment.

 

Tao’s face turned into an ugly expression. Tiffany nudged Kai for his insensitive remark before running after a saddened panda. “Tao! Wait! He was just kidding!”

 

Guiding Jessica to the log on a certain side of the campfire, Kris made sure the smoke would blow away from them. There was no way he was going to let them smell like smoke or get the chance to get the clouding debris burn their eyes. With everyone waiting on Sehun’s arrival, Jessica shivered a bit due to the night breeze.

 

“Are you cold?” Kris felt her curl up towards him, as she shook her head in denial. “I’ll go up and get you a blanket.” He chuckled when he saw Jessica look at him hopefully. “I’ll be right back.” He got up and strode towards the hotel.

 

“Hey, Kris! Where are you going?” Luhan called after him.

 

“Going back to the penthouse to grab something.” Kris pointed back.

 

“Could you get Hunnie too? He’s probably late because he didn’t read the sign we put on the fridge after he got out of the shower!” Luhan worried about the special kid. Kris nodded before making it back into the hotel and riding up the elevator.

 

Having a special attribute, the hotel that Luhan had planned for them to stay at had a huge lawn overlay in the back for the purpose of picnics or barbeques. The hotel was in a great location as it looked over a beach. It gave the sense to have such events without actually having to be on the sand. Luhan obviously took advantage of the fire pit and lawn they had here and made sure that they got everything they needed for Sehun’s campfire. The things he does for the maknae.

 

True to Luhan’s predictions, Sehun was literally lounging around with no clue in the world when Kris got back into the penthouse. Kris shook his head before passing by to go to his room to retrieve a blanket.

 

“Hyung!! You’re here!” Sehun immediately jumped off the sofa and started to stalk Kris like he was his prey. “What are you doing? Where’s everyone else? What about Lulu? Where’d you go? Are they all at the pool? I want to go! Take me, hyung! Let’s go together!”

 

“Get me a bottle of water from the fridge.” Kris ordered as he went to search for a blanket in his room.

 

Sehun, being as blind and oblivious as he is, ran to the fridge and swung it open, grabbing a bottled water and shut the refrigerator and ran back to Kris. “Here!” he definitely didn’t see the only neon post-it note stuck to the fridge.

 

Kris knew that indeed, Sehun was really somewhat special. “Thanks,” he mumbled taking the water from him, slinging a soft pink blanket over his shoulder at the same time. “Come on, let’s go.” He led the way out the penthouse, remembering to pocket the room key.

 

“Where are we going, hyung?” Sehun toddled next to him in curiosity. “Are we going to Lulu? The pool? But I didn’t wear any swimming trunks! I can’t swim this way! I have to go back!” he stopped in his steps, but Kris only pulled him along. “But hyung!! I don’t want to be the only one who can’t swim! I want to play with everyone too! Oh…but you’re not wearing any swimming trunks. I’m not alone! Hyung can be with me! Yehet!!”

 

Within the time Sehun was blabbering, they’ve reached the lobby. Kris had to guide the boy from running into walls or people due to his excessive animated speaking. Sehun’s attention was only directed onto Kris. Seems like the poor boy hasn’t been able to talk to someone for a while. It was somewhat their fault, seeming that they decided to ditch him while he was in the shower.

 

Once they made it to the lawn, Luhan shouted out to the awaited maknae. “HUNNIE!!”

 

Sehun tore his attention from Kris to his surroundings. “Lulu!!” the boy immediately ran towards Luhan before noticing that they were gathered around to have a campfire. “WE’RE HAVING A CAMPFIRE?!” Luhan gladly nodded his head, seeing Sehun all excited. “You weren’t going to invite me?!” Sehun suddenly frowned, folding his arms.

 

“Of course we were!!” Luhan gasped, hugging the boy. “We only did this because you wanted it!”

 

“Yeah! He even made us walk to the local store to get you everything you need for s’mores!”

 

“Don’t you dare say you don’t want to have a campfire anymore!”

 

“Luhan got all bossy because of you!”

 

“Sit down so we can start!!” They ushered the two to their seats.

 

Taking his seat right next to Jessica, Kris handed her the blanket he retrieved. Wrapping herself in the soft blanket, Jessica was glad she packed a blanket in their suitcase. She knew she might’ve needed it. It’s better to be safe than sorry.

 

“Why isn’t it working?” Suho frowned, failing at his nth time of trying to light up the firewood. He decided that he should be the one to light up the campfire.

 

“That’s because you ! Here!” Krystal stepped in and took the lighter from his hands and tried it for herself. “Oh…yeah…something is broken.” She lied, trying to play it cool after failing to light up the wood as well.

 

“Pfft! It’s just the wind! You have to have technique!” Tiffany spoke up, wanting to be the savior to this fire difficulty. “Just block the wind with your body and then light the wood.” She stood with her back to the wind and then tried to work the lighter.

 

Kai got up and tried to help her, only to find it troublesome and difficult. “Maybe it’s the wood.”

 

“HEY! It was the wood the hotel recommended! It’s not my fault!” Chanyeol stood up for the wood he had gotten.

 

“Here,” Kris took the lighter and easily flicked on the fire and patiently lit up the wood until it was enough to keep up on it’s own. “There.” He went back to his seat, signaling the other two to sit back down as well.

 

“You guys should’ve just handed it to Kris in the beginning.” Seohyun figured that would’ve been much more easier to do so than waste time like they just did.

 

“Let’s start roasting the marshmallows!!” Chen pumped a fist up, grabbing a packet of marshmallows to pass around.

 

Once everyone got a set of roasting forks and everything they needed for a s’more, they settled in and started to chatter. Seeing that Kris was only wearing a short-sleeved shirt, Jessica shared her blanket and draped half of it around his shoulders. Kris only grinned at her and wrapped his free arm around her. Letting Kris do the work of roasting their marshmallows, Jessica snuggled herself closer to him, hugging him and resting her head in the nape of his neck.

 

“Make sure it doesn’t melt.” Jessica eyed their marshmallows. “It doesn’t taste good when it’s burnt either.”

 

“Got it, Mrs. Marshmallow-expert Wu.” Kris joked as he flipped the fork over to let their marshmallows get an even heat.

 

Jessica gave him look, scrunching up her nose. “I’m sure you wouldn’t want a burnt marshmallow, Mr. Marshmallow-newbie Wu.”

 

“Sehun, no!” Luhan lectured the boy. “Stop it!” he shrieked, shielding himself. “Put it down!!”

 

Sehun only blindly waved his roasting fork around, scaring everyone near him. “I’m trying to cool down my marshmallow!” he continued his action, making everyone uncomfortable.

 

“You’re going to lose your grip and it’s going to kill one of us!!” Yuri shouted, running away from the campfire, starting a big migration.

 

“Oh god! Stop it, Sehun!!”

 

“YOU’RE GOING TO KILL US!”

 

“CALM YOUR LITTLE BOY DOWN, LUHAN!!”

 

Luhan scuttled himself behind Sehun and was hesitating to actually touch Sehun. “I DON’T KNOW HOW!!” he looked scared.

 

Kris only picked Jessica up and fled the sight until they were a safe distance away. “God, Sehun! You’re going to kill someone!” he exasperated when they were safely out of distance.

 

“STOP HIM, LUHAN!”

 

“I CAN’T! WHY’D YOU GUYS LEAVE ME?!!!” Luhan threw a sissy fit while Sehun was still happily flinging his dangerous roasting fork around. “I’M SCARED!!”

 

“Try telling him to stop waving it!” Jessica suggested, flinching at the scary way Sehun was playing with the fork.

 

Luhan’s lip quivered. “Hunnie! Put it down! Stop it!” Sehun didn’t listen and although Luhan never liked raising his voice at the boy, he just had to. “OH SEHUN. YOU STOP WAVING THAT FORK AROUND AND PUT IT DOWN!!”

 

Sehun lowered the fork and turned around with a quivering lip. He was surprised that his Lulu would yell at him. “Lulu…”

 

“OH MY LORDY. JUST PUT IT DOWN SEHUN! WE’LL ALL BE SAFE!” Luhan screamed in pure fright.

 

Sehun only gave him an uncomprehending look and raised the fork a bit, causing a huge commotion from everyone.

 

“PUT IT DOWN, HUNNIE. PUT. IT. DOWN.” Luhan peeked open his closed eyes to see Sehun obeying and safely tossing the fork onto the grass. “Oh thank god!” he dragged Sehun away from the campfire and embraced the boy.

 

“Did Hunnie do something wrong?” Sehun frowned, hugging onto Luhan.

 

“Yes you did. Hunnie can’t hold a fork anymore, okay? Lulu will do it for you.” Luhan was scared to death that Sehun could’ve actually injured or even killed someone.

 

Chen shook his head, glancing at Sehun. “Jesus, Luhan. You’ve got to learn how to handle him.”

 


 

“You smell like burnt wood.” Jessica mumbled, still not moving an inch from Kris’ embrace.

 

Kris buried his nose into her hair and cringed when he got a huge whiff of campfire. “You do too.”

 

“Sorry.” Jessica noticed his reaction. “I’ll go take a shower now.” She pecked his lips before getting off the bed.

 

Being lazy, Kris stayed rested on the bed. It wasn’t until he heard the water running in the bathroom did he jump up. He figured that they could kill two birds with one stone. Save water and save others’ hearing. It’s a win-win, considering that these walls were ridiculously thin.

 

Once he was in the bathroom, Kris began adding to the pile of clothes on the floor. He made an unsuspecting surprise, stepping into the shower with his wife. Jessica was in the midst of washing her hair that she didn’t notice another presence with her. It was a given that she yelped in fright when Kris wrapped his arms around her.

 

“Hey,” Kris stepped under the showerhead with her before planting a kiss on her shoulder.

 

Washing the remaining suds from her hair, Jessica only then peeked her eyes open. “Hi to you too, intruder.” She turned around to face him before helping him soak his hair.

 

Kris wasn’t interested in washing up at all. In fact, when Jessica ran her hand through his hair, he couldn’t help himself and pinned her to the wall and attached their lips together. Naturally, Jessica responded to his kissing and didn’t mind the cool tiles that her back was against.

 

Pressing their bodies closer, Kris roamed his hands all over her body. Their lips never left each other. Jessica’s petite fingers followed the flow of the water droplets on his back, tracing his toned muscles. Tipping her chin up, he deepened the lip lock. When he felt her respond with her arms pulling down on his neck to even out their height difference, Kris picked up her body and made her legs latch around his waist. He pinned her back onto the wall with a steady stance and hands on her hips. Their lips tugged and nipped each other, giving both reddened plump lips.

 

Trailing down to her neck, Kris’ kisses turned wet and rougher. His hand traced down her body and smoothly cupped her bare core. When his finger brushed against her folds, he earned a small mewl from Jessica.

 

Just when he was about to repeat his actions, he was abruptly stopped as Jessica moved around in his hold. “Kris, not now.” She held the wrist of his hand that was under her. “I’m tired.” She voiced her feelings and gave him a gaze filled with sleepiness.

 

Obliging, Kris gently settled her down onto her feet. He wasn’t going to force Jessica to do anything she didn’t feel like doing. Jessica gave him a kiss as a thank you, but her lips made it hard for him to get rid of his heated feeling. Watching his wife step out of the shower, Kris sighed as he switched the steaming hot water to cold, for the sake of his body.

 

After drying off and dressing, Jessica shuffled out of the room to get herself a cup of warm tea. It’s been a long first day of the vacation. It was fun-filled and great, but she was feeling tired from all the activities. She figured she deserved a cup of tea before she rewarded herself with some sleep.

 

Trying to look for any kind of kettle in the cupboards, Jessica was not obviously used to the kitchen just yet. Right when she was about to reach for a cupboard, an orange dart came flying right in front of her and stuck onto the wooden cabinet. Her eyes turned wide and she spun back to look around.

 

“Ha!” Krystal suddenly popped up from behind the sofa with a nerf gun in hand. “Oh. Wait, it’s only you, unnie.” She frowned.

 

“What’s going on?” Jessica became dumbfounded when Krystal was scanning her surroundings and started crouching. “What are you doing, Soojung?”

 

Krystal seriously put her index finger up to her lips. “Shh!” she quickly rolled her way towards the kitchen and scuttled behind Jessica’s legs.

 

“Was that really necessary?” Jessica remained standing, giving her younger sister a comical look.

 

“Shh~ Yes it was…” Krystal looked on alert, still crouching down on the kitchen floor.

 

“Can you tell me what you’re doing, Soojung?” Jessica leaned on the counter with an eyebrow arched up.

 

“Shh~ Don’t say my name!” Krystal whispered. “They’re going to know it’s me!”

 

Jessica looked around and saw nobody. “Who? There’s no one here.”

 

“That’s what you think.” Krystal remarked. “Everyone is just hiding. We’re having a nerf war and I want to win.” She waved her toy gun around happily.

 

“Okay,” Jessica laughed. “Have fun.” She went back to search for a kettle.

 

“Wait, unnie~ Be my shield!” Krystal tried to scoot behind Jessica.

 

Jessica gave her a weird look. “Find me a kettle and I’ll do it.” She compromised.

 

“Fine.” Krystal stood up to look on the upper cupboard.

 

When the younger Jung stood up, the kitchen was immediately raided with a ton of orange styrofoam darts. Both Jessica and Krystal were hit in the process.

 

“Oh my god!” Jessica became freaked out at the crazy situation.

 

“UGH. DARN IT. I LOST!” Krystal stomped her feet.

 

Many voices started to laugh around the room. It scared Jessica because she couldn’t see anyone. Boy, were they good at hiding. Krystal picked up her gun and started to aim in every direction, shooting aimlessly. In response, more darts came her way, flooding the kitchen. Jessica didn’t want be in the middle of their ‘war’ and quickly ran out and back into the bedroom.

 

Jessica slipped into bed and under the white duvet. It wasn’t long until Kris came out of the shower with only a towel around his waist. A little grin settled on her lips, as she eyed her husband. Once he slipped on a pair of basketball shorts, Kris got into bed as well.

 

Feeling his arms encircle her, Jessica turned around and faced her other half. She linked her arms around his neck and smiled. Kris leaned forward and gave her a peck while he held her close. When Jessica involuntarily swiped her red lips with her tongue, Kris’ hormones kicked back in and put him in the same daze as before. To make matters even better, Jessica adjusted her legs under the duvet and in process, would brush against his hips.

 

Dominating, Kris pinned Jessica under him on the bed and immediately pressed their bodies together. He then resumed their previous lip locking session and dug their hips together. A deep sigh escaped Jessica’s parted lips from the friction. Her hands coursed through his hair. At the motion, Kris took action and shimmied Jessica’s shirt off. To his surprise, Jessica didn’t push him away or stop him.

 

Of course, there were a couple people laying in bed, becoming scarred for life, due to the thin walls.

 



{Author's Note}: Merry Christmas Eve!! :D I've reached 260 subbies! Thank you guys! ^^ Hope you guys enjoy the chapter!