Chapter 50

Forever

Author’s POV:

 

Jessica’s Pregnancy Calendar – Week 15

 

Ringing the doorbell, the couple expected running footsteps and an ecstatic Kyungsan to run out the door and greet them like he always would. But after a second ring of the bell, Kyungmi had come to answer the door with a wide grin on her face.

 

“Hey~! Congrats!” Kyungmi giddily greeted them with a hug at the door and immediately invited them in. “So…?” she blinked over excitedly at the two expectantly as they took a seat in the living room. “How’s pregnancy? Did you wear the clothes I gave you yet?”

 

“Not yet. I think it’ll have to wait a little longer for that. Blip isn’t exactly that big yet.” Jessica made it noticeable that her tummy wasn’t that noticeable.

 

“How’s pregnancy treating you guys? Anything worth telling me?” Kyungmi elicited a laugh.

 

Kris perked up at the question. “Jess has been having mood swings and serious food aversions. Serious food aversions…and I mean serious.” He seems to be exaggerating, but was telling the truth about his pregnant wife’s food aversions.

 

“No morning sickness?” Kyungmi asked.

 

Jessica shook her head. “Nope. I guess pregnancy is being really nice to me.” She giggled. “Except for the food aversions.”

 

Kyungmi’s eyes widened. “Wow~ I’m jealous.” She sighed. “When I had Kyungie, he gave me nausea almost everyday for the first month or so.”

 

“Speaking of the baby panda, where is he?” Kris realized that he hasn’t seen a trace of the boy ever since they stepped into the house, which was odd.

 

“Kris got him more gifts this time.” Jessica grinned, wanting to visit Kyungie.

 

Kyungmi gave Kris a ‘you-didn’t-have-to’ look before shrugging, knowing that they won’t ever really stop favoring the boy. “He ran into his room just as you two came. I don’t think he’s really taking the pregnancy news all that well.”

 

Kris and Jessica were surprised. They thought Kyungie was looking forward to a little cousin. “He doesn’t like blip?” Kris placed his hand on Jessica’s tummy.

 

“I’m sure Kyungie just isn’t warming up to the baby yet. If I could say so myself, he’s quite jealous.” Kyungmi explained. “Maybe you could talk him out of it, Kris.”

 

“I can try.” Kris got up and made his way towards Kyungsan’s room down the hall.

 

Reaching the boy’s room, Kris lightly knocked. He didn’t hear a reply, but he opened the door just enough to poke his head in and see that Kyungsan was huddled under his bed sheets.

 

“Kyungie.” Kris called out to him before stepping fully into the room and shutting the door behind him. “What’s wrong?”

 

“Go away.” Kyungsan’s small voice came from under the blue duvet.

 

Kris grinned, as he was reminded of his little fits when he was a child. “Is that the proper way to greet your hyung?”

 

“…Go away, please.” Kyungsan politely rephrased his wording cutely.

 

Kris took a seat on the kid sized bed and made sure his voice came out gentle and understanding. “Would you like to tell hyung what’s wrong?”

 

Kyungsan remained under the sheets for a while, as if he was contemplating. He squirmed his way out only after he made a decision. Still leaving his body masked under the duvet, the boy only poked his head out with a pouty frown. Kris only gave him a disarming smile when he finally saw his face.

 

“Is…” Kyungsan’s voice suddenly became hoarse. “Is hyung and noona having a baby?” he spoke as if he feared saying those words.

 

“Is that what you’re worried about?” Kris tucked in his legs, trying to sit more child-like to become less intimidating.

 

Kyungsan only remained stubborn and stared straight at Kris with furrowed eyebrows. He didn’t want to steer away from the question he asked. Kris got the message and couldn’t hide anything.

 

“Yes we are. Kyungie is going to be an older brother.” Kris tried to lighten the mood up with his last sentence.

 

Once Kris had answered the question, Kyungsan immediately retracted under his duvet like a scared turtle. The soon-to-be father gave the little lump of bed sheets a concerned look. Seems like Kyungsan was really sensitive towards the baby topic.

 

“Kyungie.” Kris called the boy’s name, trying lift up the covers, only to have the boy shut them back down. “Baby panda. Come on, just tell hyung what’s wrong. Hyung doesn’t bite. I promise.”

 

“Just go away. I don’t want to talk to you.” Kyungsan angrily grumbled. “Leave me alone.”

 

The tone of his voice let Kris know that he was in no mood to talk right now. Knowing that he needs time to think and cool off, Kris only got up from the bed and abided his orders.

 

“If you need anything, hyung will be downstairs. Don’t be a stranger and come down when you’re feeling better.” Kris ruffled where Kyungsan’s head would be under the sheets before walking out of the room.

 

Making his way back into the living room, Kris found his wife and cousin-in-law in a deep conversation about pregnancy and baby stuff. Once he settled down in his seat next to his wife, Jessica reverted her attention towards him.

 

“How’s Kyungie?” Jessica asked, wondering how the boy was. “Is he coming down?”

 

Kris shook his head. “He’s really upset. He couldn’t tell me why, but I’m sure he is jealous of baby blip.”

 

Kyungmi sighed in defeat. “He’s being stubborn about it. He hasn’t been willing to talk about it for a while now.”

 

“He’s been huddled under his blanket for a while. Kyungie sounded really upset too. He told me get out.” Kris was genuinely worried for the baby panda. He and Jessica have never seen him like this before.

 

“I’ll try talking to him again. I taught him he should be respectful and courteous to the guests at home.” Kyungmi began to poke at her son’s bad actions.

 

“Don’t worry about~” Jessica pulled Kyungmi to sit back down in her seat. “I’ll try talking to him.” She stood up instead. “I do feel bad that Kyungie is feeling this way.”

 

Letting Jessica do her thing, Kyungmi only sat there and watched her cousin walk off. If one person other than Kyungmi herself could get to Kyungsan, it would be Jessica, Kyungsan’s favorite relative and noona. But seeming that Kyungmi could only do so much for this problem, Kyungmi was confident that Jessica could help solve Kyungie’s troubles. It was Jessica that actually caused Kyungie’s upsetting emotions.

 

“Ten bucks, Sica comes back with Kyungie.” Kyungmi glanced over at Kris with a competitive spirit.

 

Kris scoffed. “You can’t bet on my wife.” He folded his arms. “Only I can.” He gave a stupid excuse. “I bet Jess can get Kyungie down here happily.”

 

Kyungmi only rolled her eyes and sighed. “Same thing.” She gave him a smile. “How’s Sica lately? Have you pulled out your own hair yet? Growing bald?”

 

“My hair is perfectly intact, for your information.” Kris held a finger up. “She’s just having the biggest food aversions lately. I’m just accommodating to those quick and sudden changes.”

 

“I expect that you’re treating her like a princess.” Kyungmi will always be looking out for Jessica.

 

“It’s actually queen.” Kris corrected, making Kyungmi laugh.

 

“Glad you haven’t gotten crazy.” Kyungmi knew that pregnancy was hard not just other for the mother, but the people around the mother as well.

 

“Oh~ I haven’t gotten crazy…” Kris nodded his head. “Yet.” He joked around.

 

Making the familiar way towards Kyungsan’s room, Jessica opened the door slightly and peeked in. Just as Kris said, Kyungie was still huddled under the blanket, fidgeting around. Tapping her knuckles on the door, Jessica wanted to make sure presence known.

 

“Go away hyung~” Kyungsan whined, his little voice sounding stuffy.

 

Jessica’s lips pouted at the tone of the boy’s voice. He was clearly upset. Taking light steps, the woman took a seat on the kid-sized bed.

 

“I told you to go away hyung~~” Kyungsan sounded frustrated already.

 

“You told hyung to go away, not noona.” Jessica voiced out, poking the lump.

 

Kyungsan’s body stilled for a moment. “…Noona…” he called out softly.

 

Jessica only smiled at his cute voice. “Kyungie~ Noona really misses you. Why don’t you come out from under there and give me hug? Hm?”

 

For a moment, Kyungsan shifted under the sheets and seemed to want to come out, but in the end, he resisted. “I don’t want to.” He was too angry to do that.

 

“Why not? Noona came all the way here to visit you.” Jessica gently coaxed her voice and approached in a friendly and gentle manner. “You’re not going to let me see your face that I really miss?”

 

Kyungsan only pouted. “No.”

 

“You’re making noona worried and sad. What’s wrong Kyungie? Tell noona.” Jessica put a hand on where his back is under the blanket. “You’ll feel better after telling me.”

 

“I don’t want to.” Kyungsan only came up with that response, not having the heart or strength to say anything else.

 

Jessica frowned and patted the boy’s back comfortingly. “…Noona knows why you’re mad.”

 

“No you don’t.” Kyungsan stubbornly retorted with a pout.

 

“Our little Kyungie is upset that noona is having a baby, am I right?” Jessica could already tell that the boy was being jealous and upset over baby blip.

 

Kyungsan froze for a moment and timidly crawled out from under the blanket. The boy’s eyes were red and slightly puffy. It was evident that he was crying while he was hiding under the bed sheets. The baby panda only gave Jessica a look of slight shock, wondering how she could already know what was wrong.

 

“Your noona knows everything about you.” Jessica smiled as she poked his nose lightly, reminding him that she was there through his entire life. “Now tell noona why you’re upset for my baby. I don’t want Kyungie to be sad. It makes me sad too.”

 

Kyungsan pouted his lips, fidgeting with his light blue blanket. “I don’t want noona to have a baby.” He frowned. “I don’t like it.” His doe eyes started to water again.

 

Jessica was genuinely concerned and swiped the tears off the boy’s cheek. “Why don’t you like it? The baby will your little sibling. Don’t you want to be a big brother?” she wanted him to voice his opinions and let her know the exact reason why he was feeling like this.

 

“If…” Kyungie started to speak softly with his head down, only to look up at his noona with a mad face. “If noona has a baby, noona won’t have time for me! Noona won’t love me anymore!” he revealed his jealousy.

 

Sitting still with only an understanding look, Jessica only fixed Kyungie’s stray hairs and wiped his excess tears. “Is that why you’re upset?” she asked calmly and softly.

 

Kyungsan nodded his head rather roughly. “I don’t like it. I don’t want noona or hyung to forget me.”

 

“We won’t forget you, Kyungie.” Jessica tipped his chin to make him look up at her. “Sure, once we have the baby, we won’t be able to visit as often, but that doesn’t mean we’ll forget about you. We’ll always visit, even if it won’t be too often, okay?”

 

“But you and hyung won’t like me anymore. You will only like the baby!” Kyungsan protested, not liking this baby at all. “I don’t want to share my noona!”

 

“Don’t say that Kyungie. You can’t always be selfish. Remember when you let Kris hyung play with you and be with your noona? When you do good things and share like that, you only become a better person. Even when the baby comes, your hyung and noona will never forget about you and we will never hate you. We’ll still love you just as much.” Jessica made sure to clear up the assumptions. 

 

Kyungsan took a while and only blinked up at her after a minute, believing her words. “…You promise?” he held up his little pinky.

 

“I promise.” Jessica entwined their pinky fingers together. “You can even get a pinky promise from hyung when you go downstairs too.” She grinned at him.

 

The boy only produced a reflecting smile and encased her in a hug, all in a second. “I love you, noona.”

 

“I love you too, Kyungie.” Jessica gave him a gentle hug. “Now let’s go downstairs before your mom gets worried.”

 

Kyungie was all for it and jumped off the bed in a flash, Jessica following behind him. “Do you think I’ll be a good older brother, noona?” he held onto her hand as they started their way towards the living room.

 

“I think you’ll be a great brother, Kyungie.” Jessica grinned.

 

“But noona, how do you know if you will have a baby? Did someone send you a letter telling you that a bird will come down and give you a baby?” Kyungsan blinked innocently at her.

 

Jessica raised her eyebrows and thought for a quick second. Right, Kyungmi hasn’t taught the boy about how babies are really made. “Yeah, I received a letter one day and it said that Kris and I are going to have a baby.”

 

Kyungsan gasped and jumped in place. “That’s like umma! She told me she got a letter and that I came with a white bird!”

 

“Really?” Jessica feigned innocence and went along with the boy.

 

“Yeah! Umma said it was the best day of her life! Is the baby going to be a boy or a girl?” Kyungsan asked excitedly.

 

Jessica only grinned at the boy’s genuine excitement. “Well, the letter didn’t say the gender of the baby…but we’ll be able to know soon.” She was thinking about the doctor appointments and when they’re able to determine a gender of the baby.

 

“Oh, will another letter come to you? To let you know?” Kyungsan asked and Jessica nodded her head. “I hope it’ll be a boy! So I can have a little brother to play with!”

 

“Really?” Jessica asked, having Kyungsan happily nodding his head. “What’s wrong with having a baby girl?”

 

Kyungsan was in deep thought. “I think having a little sister would be good too! She can have a big brother to protect her – me!” he smiled widely and was about to say something else, but they reached the living room and he automatically raced towards Kris. “Hyung! Sorry for yelling at you earlier!” he quickly apologized.

 

Kris grinned. “It’s okay, hyung knew you were upset.” He ruffled the boy’s hair.

 

“I love you, hyung!” Kyungsan encased the grown man into a hug.

 

“I love you too, Kyungie.” Kris lifted him in his arms and stood up with ease. “Now are you ready to play? Hyung bought new games for you.”

 

Kyungsan’s eyes lit up widely with intense joy. “Yay!” the two were about to walk away until the boy spoke up. “Wait! Hyung. You need to pinky promise me.” He held up his pinky finger.

 

“For what?” Kris craned his head.

 

“For when the baby comes, you can’t forget about me and that you’ll love me just as much as you do now.” Kyungsan’s words made everyone in the room burst out in a light chuckle.

 

“Okay. I promise.” Kris entwined his pinky with his tiny ones before shifting Kyungsan more comfortably in his arms and making their way towards the television screen.

 

With the two ladies rested on the sofa, they respectively watched the two boys interact and start to converse about the video games. Kyungmi took a glance over at her cousin.

 

“I’m actually quite surprised he could still carry Kyungie. He’s gotten so heavy now. It’s impossible for me to carry him.” Kyungmi couldn’t believe how much her son has grown.

 

Jessica giggled. “If Kris could still carry me, I’m sure he could carry Kyungie.”

 

“Thanks for getting Kyungie out of his slump.” Kyungmi gave her thanks.

 

“It’s nothing. He was really upset over the whole baby situation.” Jessica explained. “…By the way, when are you going to tell Kyungie that storks don’t deliver babies?”

 

Kyungmi looked at the pregnant woman. “Not for a very long time. Why?”

 

“Well, you better tell him soon or else he’s going to think I’m getting fatter each time I visit.” Jessica rubbed her tummy that was covered with a loose blouse, making Kyungmi laugh.

 

“We’ll see.”

 


 

Kris’ closed eyes would crinkle in sleepiness whenever he felt a loss of warmth. Sighing out a breath, he always snuggled under the duvet with his eyes still shut as he patiently waited. He was used to this ever since they found out Jessica was pregnant. It was something Jessica just had to do every single night. His wife would wake up over ten times a night just to empty her bladder. At first, Kris wasn’t fond of it, as he would always jar awake every single time Jessica got up, but as time went on, Kris knew he couldn’t do much about it. When his wife had to go, she had to go.

 

Things got better recently though. During the nights, Jessica wouldn’t have to get up as much as she used to. Maybe just half of the time now. Kris didn’t only just dislike the interrupted sleep, but every time he was woken up, he would have trouble getting back to sleep. More than that, Jessica wouldn’t be as warm as she was before she got out of bed. But because of the baby, Kris learned to love these things.

 

Kris learned to love the fact that every time his wife would get up to use to the bathroom, his wife would hum a cute little tune to try and hide the sound of her going to pee. He learned to love the way she would race her way back to the bed anxiously for his warmth. He learned to love how she would come back with kisses for him as an apology for disturbing his sleep.

 

It was the only way he could get through those nights and that just seemed to be enough.

 

With all the changes in her body, she was starting to feel uncomfortable sleeping at night. Jessica figured it was because of the bladder problem, but as the nights rolled on, she found herself becoming unable to sleep because of the bump. Kris had noticed the problem, as she would squirm around and cling onto him in various ways that all resorted to no avail. So, Kris decided to end his wife’s torturous nights.

 

“What’s this?” Jessica gave him an excited look, glancing back down at the box that was on the floor.

 

“You’ll see.” Kris grinned, watching her examine the box he received in the mail. He had specially ordered it for her.

 

Jessica eagerly inspected the large box when Kris went in search for some scissors. Kris didn’t tell her that he got something for her until the deliveryman came earlier. Thinking deeply about it, Jessica didn’t recall a reason for him to get her a gift. It wasn’t their anniversary or birthdays. Nevertheless, Jessica clearly enjoys the surprise.

 

“How come I never saw you order this?” The wife asked, seeing that her husband walked back with a pair of scissors in his hand.

 

Kris gave her an amused look. “I told you. It’s a surprise. I got it for you because I thought you might need one.” He handed her the scissors, to which Jessica just blinked at him. “If you want to see your present, you should work for it.”

 

Jessica only pouted her lips at him before opening up the scissors to rip the tape that sealed the box. “You know, I sometimes wonder if I spoiled you too much.”

 

The husband, who was planted on the couch, gave a perplexed look at his wife, who was busy on the floor struggling with the strong tape. “What?”

 

“You said you’d treat me like a queen and that I wouldn’t have to lift a finger. Yet here I am, on the floor struggling with a massive box, while the almighty Kris Wu is sitting comfortably on the sofa.” Jessica gave him a pointed look.

 

An apologetic expression churned on Kris’ face before he slid down onto the floor next to her and slowly went to grab the scissors from her hand. Jessica only rolled her eyes playfully and placed the pair of scissors onto the coffee table before he could grab it. Kris only gave her a questioning look.

 

“I already opened it. Thanks for your help anyways.” Jessica gave him a forceful kiss to the lips, letting him know that she’s letting him off this time.

 

Watching his wife open up the box with inquisitive eyes, Kris only grinned and waited for her reaction. The wife only stared at the content inside the box and blinked with furrowed eyebrows. She was confused as to what Kris got her. Grabbing onto the white plush, Jessica began pulling it out, only to realize it was quite big to the point where she had to stand up to pull the entire thing out. The thing was practically the size of her.

 

Jessica only grinned and hugged onto the plush item. “What is this? It’s soft and comfortable. It’s like a pillow.”

 

“It’s a pregnancy pillow. It’s supposed to help you sleep better at night.” Kris explained.

 

Jessica’s face brightened up immediately and her jaw dropped. “Really?” her eyes widened. “You really got this for me?!”

 

Kris chuckled at her. “Yes.”

 

An excited squeal emitted from Jessica before she pounced onto Kris for a hug. “Thank you, baby.”

 

“You’re welcome.” Kris placed a kiss on her forehead dotingly.

 

Jessica giddily picked up the dropped pillow and raced up the stairs with a chuckling Kris behind, telling her to be careful. Once they reached the bedroom, Jessica immediately tossed the pregnancy pillow onto the bed and carefully lay in bed, hugging onto the pillow like a koala.

 

“Does it work?” Kris asked, watching her as he mirrored her happy expression.

 

“I think I might just lay here all day…” Jessica sighed out in contentment. “It’s so comfy~” she hummed in happiness. “It already feels better sleeping with this pillow.”

 

“I got it for you so you could sleep better at night, not so you could sleep around all day.” Kris folded his arms, watching her enjoy the comfort. “I thought we were really going to go out today.”

 

Jessica peeked open an eye and glanced at her husband. “Come here then.” She grabbed his hand and pulled him close. “Come cuddle with me.” She smiled contently.

 

Sighing out, Kris reluctantly got into bed with her and cuddled her from behind. “And to think I was going to have a lovely date with my wife this morning.”

 

“Cuddle now, go later.” Jessica replied a little too relaxed.

 

“You’re so lucky that I love to cuddle with you.” Kris kissed the back of her neck.

 

“Of course I am. I’m queen bee, remember?”

 



{Author's Note}: I hope you guys are just as excited for the pregnancy as I am! :D

Thank you for upvoting, lovelies! <3
chefanja
sugen123