Chapter 31

Forever

Author’s POV:

 

“I call first dibs on the rooms!!” Sunny ran inside the penthouse first, Hyoyeon following right after. “We can share, Hyo!”

 

“Wait! I want to choose first!” Tao whined, wanting to be first.

 

“You snooze you lose!” Sooyoung comes from behind, shoving Tao into the door. “I call the room near the kitchen!”

 

“Kitchen? What?! Hey! Let’s make a compromise!!” Minseok runs into the penthouse, trailing after Sooyoung. “We can work things out!!”

 

Tao frowned before he shuffled a few steps inside. “Hey Tao!” Krystal called from behind, making him turn around. “Could you help me bring this in?” she pointed to her luggage that she was too lazy to drag in.

 

“Sure.” Tao reached forward to grab the luggage, but was interrupted when two pink-haired boys zoomed in between him and Krystal.

 

“Move!”

“Get out of the way!!” Yixing, Suho and Chanyeol sprinted between them. “We have to get the biggest room!!”

 

At the comment, Krystal gasped. “I want a big room too!” she huffed before quickly thanking Tao and running in as well.

 

“HEY! WAIT! I DIDN’T GIVE YOU GUYS PERMISSION TO DO THAT!” Luhan yelled after them as he ran, Sehun following right behind him.

 

Hauling the luggage in his arms, Tao was about to walk in until he was disturbed yet again. “Oh! Tao~ You’re helping Krystal? Could you kindly help us too?” Yuri and Yoona blinked expectedly at him.

 

Tao shrugged, “I guess. Sure.”

 

“Thanks! You’re the best!” The two girls stacked their suitcases on top of each other in the panda’s arms, causing his legs to wobble slightly. Girls and their stuff, jeez. Tao shook his head and walked into the penthouse with questionable stability.

 

“Oh~ My~ Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhddd~~~” A whiny voice could be heard. “This is terrible!!!” his voice was hoarse from complaining so much.

 

“Bacon, it’s not that heavy. You’re over exaggerating.” Taeyeon rolled her eyes at her boyfriend.

 

“Nooooooo~ I’m not~~~ This is seriously going to breaaaaak my baaaaaackk~~” Baekhyun dragged out his words, stumbling about as well.

 

“Baekhyun, I suggest you be serious about carrying our belongings or else you might seriously break your back.” Seohyun pointed out. “If you didn’t want to carry our stuff in the first place, why didn’t you say so?”

 

Dropping the baggage down in front of the door, Baekhyun slumped onto the wall. “I was trying to impress Taetae~~” he whined, upset that he went through all that to fail miserably.

 

“Aigoo, I would be impressed if you brought my stuff into the room.” Taeyeon sighed, before blinking in surprise after seeing Baekhyun grab her things and run into the room. “Well that motivated him easily.” She spoke, helping Seohyun bring her stuff in.

 

“Why is it that we’re the ones who have to be chaperones?” Kris groaned, picking up Luhan’s suitcase.

 

“Aren’t we always?” Kai slung Sehun’s duffle bag over his shoulder.

 

“It isn’t that bad.” Jessica was still positive. “They’re just excited about the vacation and we’re just bringing their bags into the room which is a few feet away.” She grabbed Sunny’s bag and stacked them on top of the suitcase Kris was holding in his hand before grabbing Hyoyeon’s luggage to hold.  

 

“I’m sure we’ve all established the fact that we’re on a trip with a majority of immature adults.” Tiffany grinned, reminding them of the chaos that happened on the bus ride to the hotel before grabbing Tao’s belongings.

 

“I don’t get why they’re fighting for rooms.” Kris didn’t comprehend. “Luhan already assigned rooms. It’s so pointless.” He set the suitcases down in the living room.

 

“Wow, they already made it into the rooms.” Tiffany looked around the large penthouse, seeing members running in and out of the rooms.

 

Setting down the stuff in her hands, Jessica then took in a complete look of the place. “Whoa, this place is huge! There really is a kitchen and living room.”

 

“Yeah, a ton of rooms too. Sehun really wasn’t kidding when Luhan went a little crazy with this.” Kai whistled at the large living space they had for the week. “It’s nice a cozy too. The rooms are pretty close.”

 

Kris silently slumped his shoulders, knowing that close rooms meant restrictions and less privacy. This is going to be fun. He rolled his eyes with unwillingness, but nevertheless was fascinated with Luhan’s planning skills.

 

“HEY YOU STUPID IDIOTS! GET OUT TO THE LIVING ROOM RIGHT NOW! I NEVER SAID YOU GET TO CHOOSE ROOMS!!” Luhan shrieked, dragging an excited Sehun out of a room. “I’M GOING TO ASSIGN ROOMS TO EVERYONE NOW!! GET YOUR RASHY BUTTS OUT HERE.”

 

Murmurs of disapproval and groans were heard as each member came out with frowns on their faces, obviously upset to be stripped of their freedom to choose rooms. Gathering in the living room, everyone formed a circle around. Luhan perched himself on the white sofa, trying to level himself higher than everyone else.

 

“Why do we have to be assigned rooms?” Chen questioned snarkily.

 

“Yeah, we’re not kids.” Kyungsoo pitched in. “Plus, I think I should be in the room closest to the kitchen.”

 

“No, I should be.” Sooyoung argued.

 

“No~ You’re both wrong. I am.” Minseok held his palm out righteously.

 

“OH MY GOD, SHUT UP.” Luhan intervened. “The reason I’m assigning rooms is because I’m not letting you losers steal the good rooms, Obviously – ”

 

“Let us guess. You’re obviously the most important one here because you set up this vacation so you get the biggest bedroom.” Yixing rolled his eyes, knowing what the diva was going to say already.

 

“No. I wasn’t, you stupid jerk!” Luhan fished out a gum wrapper from his pocket and took his revenge by throwing the garbage at the guy.

 

Yixing snorted. “I can’t believe you even saved one.” He laughed.

 

Luhan chose to ignore the bothersome unicorn. “Anyways, as I was saying. Obviously, being the one who planned out this vacation, I’ll get the second biggest room with Sehun.”

 

“What? Wait, that doesn’t make sense.” Chanyeol spoke up. “Does that mean I can take the biggest room?” he became excited and pumped a fist in the air. “I CALLED IT FIRST, LOSERS!!!”

 

“NO.” Luhan smacked the happy virus in the head. “I was thinking that it was only right that Kris and Jessica get the biggest room, being that they’re married and all. Plus, Kris seems to be only one you guys actually listen to instead of me and Jessica keeps Kris from actually raging and burning the building down.” Luhan batted his eyes at the married couple.

 

“Really? Thanks Lulu~” Jessica grinned at the deer, who innocently smiled back. “Although I’m not sure if you gave me a compliment there or not…” she wondered.

 

“No problem, noona!” Luhan perked up, changing into a completely different attitude when Jessica talks to him.

 

“Damn right, it better be our room.” Kris picked up their luggage, giving Luhan a nod.

 

“Of course!” Luhan threw a thumb up. “You’re the only one actually helping me on this trip.” He gave a genuine thankful smile. “Biggest room is the one on the far left over there.”

 

Everyone in the room sighed and had their shoulders deflated as they watched the married couple enter the largest bedroom that they all wanted. “That’s no fair~” Suho whined. “This grandpa needs his space.”

 

“Yeah, no.” Yuri interrupted him. “Girls need the space more than you. We have more stuff!”

 

“I agree. Guys don’t need the room. They just clutter it with their smelly clothes anyways.” Hyoyeon scrunched up her face. “It’s gross.”

 

“No! I will contradict that statement!!” Minseok butted in. “I, Kim Minseok, am the cleanest single male member here.”

 

Yoona gave him a weird look. “What does you being single have to do with anything?”

 

“I was thinking that Kris would be one of the cleanest members here, but he’s married so that says a lot, seeming that Jessica could actually clean for him. I wanted to make sure that I was confirmed with no flaws in my sentence.” Minseok clarified.

 

“Are you OCD?” Sooyoung suddenly asked. “Because if you are, I don’t think we can get along anymore.”

 

“Well, I wouldn’t say –”

 

“Yes. Yes he is.” Chen cut him off. “But I’m not OCD.” He eyed Sooyoung and grinned creepily.

 

Sooyoung only gave him a strange look. “Yeah, I don’t think we’ll get along either.”

 

“OOH, REJECTED!!” Baekhyun howled, getting Suho to rally along with him.

 

Chen frowned and retreated back to Tao’s side, hugging the panda. “On the bright side, you got a straightforward answer.” Krystal spoke up. “Otherwise you would’ve been trying for no reason.”

 

“That’s so true.” Taeyeon agreed, nodding her head.

 

“CAN I SPEAK NOW?” Luhan had his arms folded as he stared grumpily at them, making them fall silent. “Okay! Taeyeon, you’re with Baek, right? Right side, first room!” he started assigning rooms to each pair of roommates.

 

“Kris, what are you doing?” Jessica eyed her husband weirdly as he was knocking on the walls with intense attention.

 

“Checking the walls.” Kris replied seriously, continuing to knock on the walls inch by inch.

 

“Why?” Jessica couldn’t comprehend and continued eying him awkwardly.

 

Kris pressed his ear against the wall and the room fell silent for a moment before he spoke up. “Just seeing if they did a good job architecting this place.”

 

Jessica gave him a strange look. “As much as I love you babe, I think they’re being extremely weird and creepy right now. You look like those erts who want to hear into the other room…you know…to hear stuff.”

 

The husband craned his neck to glance back at her. “It’s actually the complete opposite, baby. I’m checking to see if these walls are thick enough so they could mask your beautiful voice calling out my name over and over again.” Jessica’s jaw dropped as he responded with a smirk. “Don’t want to disturb anyone, do we?”

 

Jessica grabbed a pillow off the bed and threw it at him with a small pout on her lips. “Just help me unpack.” She pulled their suitcase towards the bed after shutting the bedroom door.

 

“Let me finish evaluating these walls first. I don’t want anyone any noise coming in or out of this room. Kris Wu is not putting up with any disruptions this week.” Kris went back to knocking on the walls.

 

“Good thing there’s a lock on the door.” Jessica mused, joking around as she started to open up their luggage.

 

Kris took a quick glance at the door. “Good eye, babe. I’ll be sure to lock it every night.”

 

Jessica looked up at Kris for a moment before shaking her head and sighing. Now she knows what Kris has planned for her for the week. Not that she minded or anything. Why yes, Kris was slowly rubbing off on her. Just slightly.

 

Suddenly, the door to their room flung open. “Hey, can you guys stop with the knocking? It’s seriously getting on my nerves. I keep thinking someone is actually knocking on my door.” Yixing came into the room uninvited. “Tao keeps ordering me to open the door too. It’s annoying.”

 

Jessica only directed her gaze to Kris, who was in the middle of the motion of hitting the wall again. Yixing only arched an eyebrow at Kris. “Wow, you look like a ert trying to listen in on some or something.” He commented.

 

A giggle escaped Jessica’s lips. “That’s what I said!”

 

“This guy is so weird.” Yixing shook his head at Kris. “Just stop knocking on the wall and we’ll be good. Thanks.” He shut the door on the way out.

 

Kris glared at the door before stepping away from the wall. Taking a seat next to Jessica on the floor, he gave his wife an unamused look. “Stop laughing at me.” He nudged her, only to have Jessica continue doubling over in laughter.

 


 

“Wow, this is really amazing…” Tao’s mouth hung open as he scanned the huge beach for the fifth time.

 

“Ch, what do you think? It has to be amazing! I planned it!” Luhan boasted, lying down on his beach towel, trying to catch some sun.

 

“Lulu!!” Sehun’s shrieking voice could be heard closer and closer. “LULU!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!” the maknae was speaking frantically as he ran up to Luhan and effectively shading him from the sun.

 

Luhan only tipped his sunglasses down his face and peeked open an eye. “I’m trying to catch the sun. You’re blocking me.” He waved his hand to signal Sehun to move.

 

Sehun only obliged and scooted over to let Luhan bathe in the sun. The deer only took in a deep, soothing intake of breath and sighed out in contentment. It was a sunny day and Luhan was more than happy to be on vacation after going through stressful weeks of planning it. It was definitely worth all that frustration. Once he relaxed and let the hot sun beat down on him again, he felt something cold being spread around his body. It sort of felt like…goo.

 

Whipping his sunglasses off his face and propping onto his elbows, Luhan’s angry face turned into dumbfounded confusion. “Hunnie, what are you doing?”

 

“I’m putting sunscreen on for you!!” Sehun applied a ton of sunscreen on his legs with hardworking determination.

 

“…Why? I’m trying to get bathe in the sun.” Luhan didn’t understand why he would need sunscreen at a time like this. Sehun was being weird again.

 

“Lulu can’t get dark!!” Sehun took this chance to smother a big glob of sunscreen on Luhan’s face. “Otherwise you won’t be milky skinned! Lulu needs to be protected from the sun! It’s dangerous!” he messily rubbed his hand over Luhan’s face, making sure every inch is covered. “Dark Lulu is not a handsome Lulu! You can’t get burnt!”

 

If it were anyone other than Sehun doing this to his face, Luhan would’ve screamed at them till their ears bleed before ripping their head off. Sehun was a special case, or rather, a special exception.

 

“Whoa~ The water is so clear!” Hyoyeon stood ankle deep in the ocean, fascinated at the beautiful water.

 

“It is. It’s warm too!” Jessica wiggled her toes before teetering deeper into the ocean until she was thigh deep.

 

“Don’t go too deep, what if there are sharks?” Sooyoung became worried when she saw Jessica go off further.

 

Hyoyeon only followed Jessica before giving Sooyoung a look of disbelief. “Don’t worry, Soo. We’ll be safe. Come on. It’s warm and refreshing.” She waved her over.

 

“No~ What if they eat me?!” Sooyoung gasped dramatically. “I ate sushi earlier! Oh my god!”

 

“HELP! HELP ME!!” Yuri yelled off a couple feet away from Hyoyeon and Jessica, looking like she was being pulled by something underwater. “Something caught me!! HELP!” she thrashed her arms around.

 

“OH MY GOD! SEE?! WHAT DID I TELL YOU?! OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. NO. THIS IS NOT HAPPENING. OH MY GOD. NO.” Sooyoung shrieked in complete horror, running out of the ocean and onto the sand to ensure her own safety.

 

“WAIT! SOO! COME BACK! I WAS JUST KIDDING!” Yuri stood up perfectly fine, trying to stifle her laughter.

 

Hyoyeon and Jessica stood there watching the scene in amusement. “She is so going to kill you, Yuri.” Hyoyeon glanced at Yuri.

 

“I’ll take it.” Yuri shrugged. “It was worth the reaction.” She grinned happily.

 

“There’s a snack shack not that far off. You can get her something there so she won’t maul you.” Jessica pointed out the small hut located at the left side of the beach.

 

Yuri placed her hand above her eyes to shield them from the sun. “Oh yeah, I see it. Maybe I’ll get her an ice cream cone or something.” She started to make her way to shore. “I should’ve recorded that reaction!”

 

Jessica giggled. “I actually thought she was being attacked for a second.”

 

“Me too, but Yuri knows how to swim. Maybe I should do that to someone else.” Hyoyeon replied mischievously. “It would be scary though. I wouldn’t want to be mauled by a shark or sea animal.”

 

“Yeah, it is sca– AH!!” Jessica suddenly cried in fear, feeling something latch onto her ankle. “Oh my god, Hyo!” she grabbed onto Hyoyeon with large frantic eyes, as she kicked her caught foot around.

 

“STOP IT! YOU’RE SCARING ME!” Hyoyeon looked like she wanted to run off. “DON’T TELL ME THERES A SHARK!!” her expression was extremely scared.

 

“HYO! DON’T LEAVE ME!” Jessica held onto her for dear life. “OH MY GOD!” Fear was evident in her eyes.

 

Suddenly, the hold on Jessica’s leg was released. “Relax, babe. It’s just me.” Kris’ appeared from under the water and stood up with a more than amused smile on his lips as he brushed his wet hair back.

 

The terror in Jessica’s eyes switched to relief only to instantly change into a glare. “Kris!” her hands immediately flew forward and started to push and smack him in the arms. “That was not funny! I really thought I was going to be eaten alive!” she pouted as Kris started to laugh. “I could’ve died and gone off the face of this earth!”

 

Kris saw how upset she was and set all amusement aside before grabbing a hold of her hands. “Okay, I’m sorry. It was a little funny though, wasn’t it?” he crooked an eyebrow up, not yet done with having his fun.

 

“It was not…” Jessica failed to keep a serious frown on her face. Kris only blinked at her with expecting eyes, a grin plastered on his lips. “Okay, fine. It was a little funny now that I think back on it.” She ended up giving a small meek smile. “I really was scared though.”

 

“Sorry.” Kris pecked her lips. “I didn’t think you would get that frightened.”

 

“We’re in the ocean. Of course I would if something engulfed my foot.” Jessica added force on her hands, pushing Kris back a few steps through their held hands.

 

“Sorry, I shouldn’t have been so insensitive.” Kris apologized once more. “I wouldn’t have let you get hurt anyways.” He placed a kiss squarely on her forehead before intertwining their fingers together.

 

“I guess I could forgive you.” Jessica gave him a playful scrunch of the lips before noticing that his attention was diverted. “What’s wrong?” she followed his eyesight to see that he was inspecting her palm.

 

Kris’ eyebrows furrowed with seriousness as he repeatedly flipped both of Jessica’s hands back and forth. “Babe, where’s your ring?” his eyes met hers.

 

At the mention of her wedding ring, Jessica darted her eyes down onto her left ring finger. Her eyes widened in instant fret, not seeing the diamond ring there. “Where’d it go?!” she gasped in horror, grabbing onto her left hand consciously. “No…no no no~” she whimpered, looking as if she was going to cry. “It was there before you messed with me, Kris!” she frantically looked down to search for anything that resembled her ring.

 

“Babe, relax.” Kris tried to get her attention.

 

“I can’t, Kris. My ring is missing!” Jessica didn’t even spare a glance at him, looking closely at the ocean floor beneath her. “We both know how important it is. I don’t want it to be lost in the sea forever.” She spoke with complete seriousness. “It’s special to me and to us. You know that.”

 

“I know, that’s why I have it right here.” His words made Jessica spin back around as he produced a gentle smile, holding up her diamond ring.

 

Relief washed over her before she realized that Kris had it all along. “Kris!” she smacked his chest. “That’s the second time! You really scared me!” she covered her face to recollect her thoughts.

 

“I know, I’m sorry.” He wrapped a hand around her waist.

 

“Why’d you do that to me?” Jessica frowned, peeking up at him before trying to retrieve her ring back. “You know I’d freak out.”

 

Kris caught her hand and gave it a kiss before slipping her ring back on her finger safe and sound. “Because I wanted to see how much you love me and how much I mean to you.”

 

“But you already know how much I love you and how much you mean to me.” Jessica resorted, exasperatedly engulfing Kris into a hug.

 

“I know.”

 

“Then why’d you do that to me?”

 

“Just wanted to prove how much you loved me. Just making sure.”

 

“I’ll always love you as much as I love you now, stupid.”

 

“This stupid guy likes to make sure sometimes.”

 

“Stupid.”

 

“Well you’re married to this stupid guy, so you’ll have to deal with his stupidity for the rest of your life.”

 

Thanks to Kris, Jessica might have lost ten years to her life due to stress.

 



{Author's Note}: I'm on winter break now, so I shall try to update more often now~ ^^