Chapter 51

Forever

Author’s POV:

 

Jessica’s Pregnancy Calendar – Week 16

 

Jessica gasped and her eyes widened. Her hands immediately held her tummy. Blinking, Jessica looked around the room as if she was trying to find someone. After remembering that she was alone, a little smile appeared on her pink lips as she looked down at her little bump. A fluttering movement occurred on her stomach. Baby blip just kicked.

 

The person she was looking for just now was Kris. Jessica was at home alone all by herself since she’s on maternity leave. Of course, she wanted to let Kris know that their baby just kicked for the first time. Being that Kris was busy working today, she quickly sent him a text. She was excited to know his reaction.

 

“Blip, you’re growing so fast…” Jessica rubbed her belly as she conversed with her baby. It is said that at week sixteen of the pregnancy, the baby’s organs are all fully developed. “Will you look like your mom or will you look like your dad?” she giggled. “I guess we’ll have to see when you come out. Hopefully doctor Donghae will get to determine your later this week.”

 

Sighing out in content, Jessica snuggled into the fluffy blanket as she sat comfortably on the sofa. Maternity leave wasn’t exactly as fun as she thought it would be. She would normally lie around or watch television. There wasn’t much to do and Jessica would be bored most of the time. Staying home all day wasn’t exactly fun, especially without Kris.

 

Kris didn’t reply to her text yet, so she figured it must be hectic in the office today. He did mention to her that there was a new project the company was starting. It made Jessica miss the days where she would be productive and bustling around the office getting things done. On the other hand, she didn’t miss being stressed out or working late. Maybe she was lucky to be on maternal leave for the time being.

 

Flipping through the channels, Jessica became uninterested very quickly. She ended up turning off the television and sat there for a moment. When is Kris coming home? She pouted, knowing that it’s only the afternoon and she had a ton of time to spare. She groaned before getting up and entering the kitchen to make some food.

 


 

 

Kris sighed for the millionth time of the day, rubbing his temples. The workload was ridiculous today and Kris was stressing out. Kai has been out sick and everything and everyone is depending on Kris. He barely had any time to sit down, let alone rest or check his phone.

 

“Could you read over this file?”

 

“Did you get the paper signed?”

 

“How do I do this again?”

 

“Mr. Wu! You forgot about the binder!”

 

The questions and comments directed at him were flying from everywhere around him. Kris was constantly asked for. Everyone was either scrambling to turn in his or her reports by the next few hours or asking for him to finish some files or even trying to discuss the project that still needs work.

 

Kris was scrambling around the bustling office, being called here and there. He needed coffee. Now. “Jinhee!” he called out, scanning his eyes over a document in the middle of the office.

 

The personal secretary slash cousin immediately came by with a cup of coffee, knowing he already needed it. Jinhee could see how stressed out he looked by the way he was composed. Undone necktie that hung around his neck, his rolled up sleeves and of course, his messy hair that his hand has ran through dozens of times already. Jinhee look a moment pity the younger male before she returned back to her busy work.

 

Being invaded by tons of working personnel, Kris had automatically set up a little schedule within a few seconds. He sorted out whom he would go to after he settles one thing. Once he was done analyzing one thing, he would walk off and soon be stopped only a few feet away from his original position to be talked to. The man only made them hold the thought and wait until he was done making a round trip around the department of the office or make them walk with him.

 

“Did you want me to send the document to the company or to the direct contact?” The employee was taking double the strides to keep up with Kris.

 

“Which document?” Kris asked, being stopped by another person to be handed a file folder.

 

“Seoul franchise.” The male informed, ready to take orders. “They didn’t specify the responding address.”

 

“One to company and one to the direct contact. Get me a print of the document as well. Policies and terms.” Once Kris finished his sentence, the worker scurried away while he was given another few files.

 

Continuing his path, Kris only dropped the stack of thick manila folders down onto Jinhee’s desk. “Deliver those reports. Check my phone for anything from Jess too.” He spoke as he walked off in a hurry.

 

Jinhee automatically tapped her fingers on the keyboard while she stuck the company phone onto her ear, holding it in place with her shoulder after she dialed the correct number. “Chanyeol, I have a pick up for you. They’re the weekend’s reports. Bring a cart.” She hung up before the delivery guy could respond.

 

Getting up from her seat, she was on her way into Kris’ office until she was stopped and given several weekly reports. Jinhee grabbed the white phone off his desk and immediately walked out and back to her desk right outside. There, she received a few more files as well. With the pile of papers on her desk, Jinhee was grateful to see Chanyeol rolling in with a mail cart.

 

Not needing to worry about the reports now, she reverted back to the document she was currently typing up as she clicked around Kris’ phone at the same time. She didn’t bother even greeting Chanyeol who seemed to be on the same page. It was report day. Everyone knows how it feels.

 

Kris strode his way back and Jinhee stuck her arm out to hand him his phone. “Jess texted you.”

 

Grabbing the phone while still walking, Kris replaced the phone with his cup onto Jinhee’s hand. He pressed on the text and quickly scanned the message his wife sent him. The words he read made him stop in his steps, causing a few people to even bump into him from behind.

 

“Baby kicked…” Kris immediately brightened up and his whole stress was relieved. “Jinhee,” he backed up and came face to face with his cousin. “Baby kicked for the first time.” he grinned whole-heartedly, showing the text to his secretary.

 

Jinhee awed and cooed. “Aw~ Did you guys find out the gender yet?”

 

“No, we’re finding out later this week. We’ll let you know.” Kris smiled happily and immediately was all hearts and smiles, taking his time to reply to his wife through text.

 

Everyone else was forgotten for the time being.

 


 

 

Breaking off a small piece of the chocolate chip cookie, Jessica popped it into . The chocolate melted in as she was currently feeding her cravings. She had decided for some fresh air so she headed out of the house and found herself in a café.

 

She got herself a two-person table right at the window so she could watch people walk by with their daily lives. Jessica always wanted to spend a day at a coffee shop and sit by the window and watch people stroll by. Something about it intrigued her and it seemed relaxing. She never had the time to do it, so she figured now was the time since she had nothing better to do.

 

She had ordered a few cookies to settle herself. It wasn’t long until her iced tea came. Jessica wasn’t sure about the coffee, so she ended up choosing a safer drink. Was caffeine even necessary? She practically sleeps and rests all day.

 

Jessica fiddled with the black straw and stirred her drink, poking at the lemon that was lodged in her beverage. She could tell the drink was lukewarm and that they had just poured hot tea into the cup of ice. Rolling the ice around, she waited till the ice chilled the whole cup.

 

Due to pregnancy, Jessica became a picky eater. She has to have her drinks really cold and her foods piping hot. She also started to hate mushy foods, like bananas and even pudding. Lately, she craves junk food and sweets. Jessica only feels unhealthy after eating flour-based foods and desserts. She normally sticks to a healthier diet, but ever since she’s had baby blip, everything just changed.

 

On another note, she doesn’t feel like she’s been hormonal. As least not yet. She wasn’t sure if she’s had an outbreak yet, but even if she has, Kris never mentioned anything about it. Then again, Kris could be quite resilient at times.

 

She took a sip of her iced tea and leaned back in her seat. Propping her feet up on the empty seat in front of her, Jessica wanted to relax her feet. It wasn’t really polite or feminine at all, but it wasn’t like anyone noticed. A little smile hung on her lips as she scanned around the room. She saw the lunch hour rush start to build up and everyone was rushing to get their coffee and dash right out. At this time, she felt relieved to be this relaxed. Was this illegal? Absolutely not.

 

Just as she turned to look out the window and wondering how Kris was doing, she heard her text tone ring. An excited expression came on her face as she recognized that specific tone. She had set it for Kris, so every time her phone rang, she could differentiate from her husband and everyone else.

 

From: Kris
To: Jessica

Daddy Kris is upset that he wasn’t there to first experience it with you.
Hopefully blip will kick when I’m there too.

Extremely busy in the office, can’t even sit down.

Hope you’re not as stressed as I am, stay safe.

I’ll talk to you later. I love you.

 

Jessica only wished she could hear him say this through the phone at least. To hear his voice. It was really dull, not hearing his voice the whole day. She won’t get to hear it much today since he’s busy. Her gaze reverted to the window, watching people bustle along. People in suits and office-wear were continuously glancing at their watches or on the phone, multitasking as they rushed with bags filled with their lunches that were probably never going to be touched.

 

The sight made Jessica think about Kris. He’s probably going to skip a meal due to the hectic rush in the office. Oh, Kris. She took a sip of her drink. Don’t you worry, your wife is going to save your day…maybe after she sits here for a little longer.

 


 

 

Dressed in casual attire, Jessica was clearly an outcast from the rest of the workers around her. With her company identification card around her neck, she easily gained access towards the elevators. It surprised Jessica to see how desolate it was at the lobby with the exception of a few employees who seemed to be on coffee runs. Kris did tell her that everyone was frantic about reports this week, but she didn’t think it was this bad.

 

She stepped into the lift and was quickly brought to the fifth level in a flash. That’s odd. She thought. Normally, everyone is crammed into the elevator and fighting their way in and out. It seemed like today was a quiet, calm, deserted place. Jessica sort of…liked it.

 

Or maybe not.

 

Her eyes widened into the size of golf balls and her jaw involuntarily dropped at the sight of the office as soon as she stepped out of the elevator foyer. Jeez, it looks like a tornado swept through here.

 

Papers stacked and piled everywhere, people frantically running around, constant phones ringing, loud chatters and directions were being thrown around as far as across the room, the obnoxiously noisy keyboard typing that seemed that everyone was purposely typing at the same time. Way to judge a book by it’s cover.

 

Not as per usual, Jessica carefully tiptoed through the office without receiving any greetings. She gave short smiles here and there, but she tried her best not to get in anyone’s way, pinning close against to desks and walls as best as possible. This isn’t ideal for a pregnant woman, Jessica thought to herself.

 

“Hi, Sica~” Jinhee’s voice was the first to acknowledge her presence. “Bye, Sica!” she zoomed by with an armful of documents and a smile on her face.

 

Jessica could only do as much as raise her hand. Everyone here was so busy that she couldn’t even give them a short proper greeting. Speaking of people, where’s her husband? She’s heard her spouse’s name being tossed around by several employees, but she never saw him at all through her rather dangerous journey on this floor.

 

Figuring that she’s taking up space, she decided to scoot herself in Kris’ untouched office. “Jinhee, could you let Kris know I’m here?” Jessica asked, one hand on the said male’s office door.

 

“Yes, I will.” Jinhee replied, entering things into her computer and never sparing a glance at Jessica.

 

“Thanks.” Jessica smiled, knowing how busy she is and quickly entered the office.

 

The wife immediately placed her things down on the desk and sat down on the leather office chair. Settling in rather quickly, Jessica had brought lunch for Kris. She figured he wouldn’t be able to get food since he was so busy. They could have a quick lunch together before he went back to work. She just wanted to spend a little time with him. It’d be good for Kris to relax for a little bit too.

 

“Jinhee, walk with me!” Kris’ voice sounded out and Jessica looked up and through the glass windowpanes of Kris’ office to see him moving around hurriedly.

 

Jinhee automatically shot up and started to walk with him. Kris only half-mindedly handed his phone to her and then requested for an update for some business transaction. While Jinhee talked, Kris handled the reports given to him. Eventually being given the stack of files, Jinhee received a few more simple orders while Kris started to talk to other workers.

 

“By the way, your wife is here.” Jinhee let him know before she shifted the folders in her arms. “Go and eat a bit. I’ll cover for you.”

 

Kris passed back a few documents before thanking Jinhee. “Make sure you get the…”

 

“The reports mailed and the transactions to be settled. Got it.” Jinhee waved him off before walking off, muttering about another deserved vacation soon.

 

Dragging himself into his office, Kris couldn’t help but give a tired smile when he saw his wife already munching on his lunch. He plopped down in the chair opposite side of the desk and immediately placed his forehead onto the table, groaning.

 

Jessica only grinned and coursed her hand through his head of hair in a soothing manner. Kris only turned his head to the side and looked up at her. The wife gave him a kiss to his forehead and somehow lessened the headache he was receiving. Probing a piece of chicken at his lips, Jessica urged him to eat. Kris only lazily opened his mouth to have her place the food inside before he chewed.

 

“Lovely day today, isn’t it?” Jessica said sarcastically, smiling at the little joke.

 

“Oh, beautiful day.” Kris groaned, forcing himself to sit upright. “I’m sure you’ve spent it much better than me.” He slouched awkwardly in the guest seat, not being used to the foreign seat.

 

“I guess you could say so. The weather was great today.” Jessica really enjoyed her day. “I went for a walk and even had time to read the book we bought from before. I even went to a coffee shop and sat there staring out the window.” She saw how Kris raised his eyebrows in recognition, knowing that she always wanted to spend time like that at a coffee shop.

 

“Was it nice and relaxing?” Kris asked about her experience.

 

Jessica stood up from her seat and started to rummage through the rest of the lunch she bought for him. “Mhm~ I even ate a couple cookies.”

 

Kris took this chance to claim his office chair back and watched his wife’s rear view. “Which shop did you go to?”

 

“The one a couple block down from our house. I walked there.” Jessica looked back to have her husband beckon her over.

 

Kris only made her straddle his lap. “Sounds like you had a good time today.” He wrapped his arms around her waist, sounding a tad bit upset.

 

“But I missed you a lot today.” Jessica pouted her lips and reciprocated by snaking her arms around his neck. She inched her face even closer to his.

 

“Did you?” Kris’ lips quirked up a bit due to hearing what he wanted to hear.

 

“Of course I did.” Jessica kissed his temple. “I missed giving you kisses and receiving kisses from you. I missed not having you with me throughout the day.”

 

Kris gave her several pecks to her cheek while he spoke. “I missed you too.” He was stressed out from working and now that Jessica’s here, he already feels better.

 

“I’m sure blip misses you too.” Jessica’s words made Kris caress her tummy.

 

“How did it feel when blip kicked you? Did it hurt?” Kris now wondered how it felt to experience their baby moving inside her. The word ‘kick’ sounds a bit painful.

 

“It didn’t hurt. It felt more like little fluttering movements.” Jessica touched the part of her tummy where baby blip kicked. “It was a little weird at first. I thought it was just stomach digesting at first. I realized it was blip when it moved more. It didn’t feel like a baby was in there until now.” Life just got a little more real.

 

Jessica’s tummy was growing and it was getting a little harder to hide the bump. Her loose shirts would normally do the job, but now, her tummy was getting a bit bigger. It was a tad bit noticeable when she wore loose shirts. Her bump wasn’t huge, but it wasn’t flat either. It was in between.

 

“Do you think blip will move now?” Kris wanted to feel his baby move and ‘greet’ him in his terms.

 

Jessica tilted her head. “Maybe. Blip can hear now. Maybe it’ll recognize it’s dad’s deep voice.” She grinned.

 

“Do you really think blip will move if I tell it to?” Kris slipped his hand underneath her blouse and started to rub her belly soothingly.

 

Jessica only giggled. “How about this. I’ll let you know when the baby moves.”

 

“Promise?” Kris genuinely wanted to feel his baby move. He didn’t want to miss it.

 

“I promise.” She gave him a kiss to the lips. “Now let’s eat. You need to go back to work. I don’t want Jinhee to suffer from covering your job.” The pregnant woman scrunched up her nose.

 

Kris frowned. “But I like it like this.” He hugged onto her closer and suddenly buried his face into her chest.

 

The wife only blinked down at him, wondering why he’s snuggling his face into her bodily assets. “Kris, what are you doing?” It was a little weird, seeing that he normally only nuzzles into her neck.

 

“…Your chest…” He mumbled, still not moving. “They got bigger.” Kris looked up with a mischievous grin.

 

Jessica’s eyes widened before she hit his arm. “Really, Kris?” she gave him an unamused look.

 

Kris only stole a kiss from her. “I don’t think they’re bad. They suit you.” He peeked down her shirt. “I prefer your regular size, but I don’t mind now that they’re a cup bigger.”

 

His wife only frowned and folded her arms in attempt to cover his view of her chest. “…They’re actually getting heavier too.” She pouted, noticing that the pregnancy has been making her assets grow. “I prefer my regular size too.” She sighed, not getting used to the changes her body is making.

 

Her husband only felt them for himself. “Oh, wow, they did get a size bigger.” His eyes widened to show his surprised reaction. “They normally fit in my hand just right. Now they’re bigger.”

 

Jessica only blinked at Kris. “See? It’s a little annoying.” She huffed out.

 

Kris only kept marveling at the change, wondering how he hasn’t been noticing this before and comparing the size of his wife’s body. He knew Jessica’s body like the back of his hand.

 

It was then that Jessica realized that Kris had somehow sidetracked her and made her forget about eating lunch. She was about to reprimand him, but only refrained from doing so when she saw the dark eye circles that were starting to appear on Kris’ under eye area. He has been working hard and looked in good need of rest. Jessica couldn’t help but be a little selfish too. It would be nice to hear his voice and to be around him a little longer. She hasn’t been able to for the whole day.

 

Maybe ten more minutes wouldn’t hurt.

 



{Author's Note}: Okay, so I wanted a fluffy chapter. Things will start to pick up. I promise~

Thank you for upvoting! ^^
pinkypn