Chapter 10

Forever

 

Author’s POV:

 

After much persuasion and appeal, Jessica successfully got Kris to agree to have that childish sleepover Kai was holding. Of course, Kris pulled some strings here and there and got himself a deal with his wife that night. There’s no need for an explanation as to why the couple woke up the next morning with no clothes on under the bed sheets.

 

Stirring awake, Kris had trouble opening his eyes. Feeling groggy, he knew that he had somehow woken up earlier than expected. Having an indescribable feeling of needing to do something, Kris’ body and mind forced him awake. But with no recollection of what he needed to do, Kris only tried to relax again in order to fall back asleep.

 

About to drift back asleep, Kris jerked awake when the doorbell sounded. Plucking his eyes open unwillingly, the husband squirmed on the bed with Jessica still resting on him. Peering at the clock, Kris blinked at the time with a blank look. The doorbell rang again.

 

Who could be at the door at this hour? …Oh wait. Crap.

 

Kris scrambled around on the bed, gently tearing himself away from Jessica before shuffling onto his feet. Swiping his shorts off the floor, Kris rushed to dress up. As soon as her husband moved away from her, Jessica shuffled awake and ended up twisting and turning on the bed. Hugging onto the sheets, she droopily watched Kris hurrying to put on his shorts.

 

“Kris, what are you doing?” Jessica mumbled, not fully awake at all.

 

“I forgot that the plumber was supposed to come today.” Kris ruffled his bed hair, already rushing out the door without putting on a shirt. “Just stay in the room!” he called, running down the stairs.

 

As the doorbell rung for the third time, Kris reached the door and opened it. The plumber got a momentary shock and jumped up, as he was starting to think that there was no one home.

 

“Ah, sorry, was I too early?” the man noticed the shirtless Kris and glanced at his wristwatch to note that he was ten minutes early.

 

“Oh, no. I’m just a deep sleeper.” Kris chuckled awkwardly and opened the door wider for the plumber to come inside. He’s already regretting the fact that he forgot to grab his shirt.

 

The plumber nodded and made his way in. “You must be Mr. Wu, correct?”

 

Kris gave a smile. “Yes, I’m Kris. You must be Mr. Kim?” the plumber nodded yet again.

 

“You can call me Seunghyun. What seems to be the problem today, Mr. Wu?” the worker was around the same age as Kris, quite surprisingly.

 

“The kitchen sink actually,” Kris led the way towards the kitchen as he kept explaining. “The water doesn’t come out when the faucet handle is lifted.”

 

As soon as they reached the kitchen sink, Seunghyun immediately started to fiddle with the faucet. “Is this the only one that doesn’t work?”

 

Kris was silent for a moment before speaking, “Upstairs bathrooms work fine, but I haven’t checked the bathrooms on this floor. Hold on a moment.” He excused himself to inspect the first floor bathrooms.

 

At this time, Jessica had already gotten up and dressed in her undergarments before pulling Kris’ white v-neck over her body, slipping on a pair of shorts along the way. Wanting to hurry and see what was wrong with her kitchen, Jessica then rushed down the stairs. Once she sped into the kitchen, she was met with an unfamiliar figure.

 

Discreetly bowing, Jessica showed her respect before speaking. “Ah, you must be our plumber! Mr. Kim, right?” she extended out a hand.

 

Seunghyun broke out in a subtle blush and shook Jessica’s hand before dipping his head in a bow. “Yes, feel free to call me Seunghyun. You must be…Mrs. Wu?”

 

Jessica cutely nodded her head, always getting giddy hearing her fairly new surname. “Jessica.” She introduced herself. “So, do you know what’s wrong with our sink? It hasn’t been working.” She poked her lower lip out, pouting.

 

Being extremely concerned about her kitchen, Jessica was only right to be feeling this way. She needed her kitchen over the weekend to prepare for Kris’ surprise party. Everything would go wrong if she didn’t have a working kitchen.

 

“Uh…Kris is currently checking…erm…other bathrooms first.” Mr. Kim replied rather distractedly, as his eyes were glued onto Jessica’s bare shoulder.

 

Overly distracted by the problem of her kitchen, Jessica didn’t notice that Kris’ oversized shirt had draped off her left shoulder. Her milky white skin was radiating and the fact that her black bra strap was rather showy didn’t do anything but catch the attention of the gawking male in front of her.

 

“Oh,” Jessica smiled as she started to work the coffee maker they had.

 

After successfully brewing some coffee, Jessica sauntered over to a nearby cabinet and opened it. Revealing their sets of cups and mugs, Jessica glanced over at the still staring Seunghyun.

 

“Would you like a cup of coffee, Seunghyun?” Jessica tilted her head to the side.

 

Seunghyun stuttered for a moment before shaking his head. “N-No, thank you though.”

 

Returning her attention back to the cups, Jessica tippy toed herself to reach for the two closest cups. When she elevated herself and reached out, the shirt she was wearing seemed to have lifted itself higher to reveal more of her legs. Having his eyes glued onto Jessica, Seunghyun’s eyes nearly popped out of its sockets when he saw more of her smooth legs.

 

Setting the two cups down on the counter, Jessica then poured the freshly brewed coffee into the two containers. About to reach for the sugar and cream, Jessica halted in her movements when Seunghyun suddenly spoke up.

 

“O-On second thought, could I have a cup of coffee? I’m feeling a bit…erm…thirsty.” The man spoke with a gulp.

 

“Oh, sure.” Jessica gave a polite smile.

 

Just as she was about to reach up to grab another cup, the plumber was ready to watch as his eyes were already locked onto Jessica’s legs, hoping to see something. Tippy toeing, Jessica’s arm lifted. Seunghyun held his breath.

 

Suddenly, Jessica’s actions stopped as she sunk back down onto the floor and another pair of legs was right behind hers. Seunghyun’s eyes flickered back up to see Kris holding Jessica possessively and grabbed the cup for her before giving a peck to her cheek.

 

Immediately straightening up when Kris directed his attention to him, Seunghyun felt intimidated by Kris’ cold demeanor. It was as if Kris was shooting daggers at him through his eyes and it didn’t help that Kris was so tall. Standing firmly in front of Jessica, Kris, with his half- glory, had intercepted with Seunghyun’s line of vision on his wife.

 

“Everything else is fine, Mr. Kim.” Kris’ tone of voice was rather serious and almost even cold, a big change of attitude compared to before. “Could you take a look at our kitchen sink now?”

 

“O-Of course.” Seunghyun cleared his throat before opening the cabinet underneath the sink.

 

With Seunghyun tinkering with the pipes, Kris turned around and watched his wife making their morning coffee with ease. Reaching over, he encircled his wife from behind and kissed her bare shoulder before pulling the shirt back up to cover her exposed skin. Kris then grabbed the hem of the shirt before slipping his hand underneath and trailed up her legs. When he felt the fabric of the shorts Jessica was wearing, he felt much more relieved and returned his arms around her waist.

 

Truthfully, Kris had seen all the ridiculously erted ogling Seunghyun was doing to his wife. It got him extremely infuriated when he saw the Jessica was unaware of the looks she was receiving. His wife was the innocent victim and obviously, he stepped in to protect his Jessica. Kris had the urge to just punch the low-life plumber in the face and even kick him out of the house, but the only thing that prevented him was the sink. He knew how much Jessica treasures her kitchen, so he might as well have the sink fixed before he flings the dirty plumber out the front door.

 

“Oh, Seunghyun,” Jessica’s voice was directed towards the busy plumber. “How do you like your coffee?” she inquired, not pouring the coffee in the cup just yet.

 

Seunghyun poked his head out of the cabinet and looked up to see blinking eyes from Jessica and a laser-jet glare from Kris. The man was clearly scared gutless from the menacing scowl on Kris’ face and instantly shook his head in denial.

 

“I-I’m not th-thirsty anymore.” Seunghyun stuttered horrendously. “Sorry…but thanks.” He developed goose bumps from having Kris icily glaring at him the entire time.

 

“Are you sure?” Jessica asked, giving Kris a glance after seeing how daunting he seemed with his glare.

 

Seunghyun only nodded his head before sticking his head back into the cabinet to work on the sink pipes.

 

Placing the cup back into the cabinet, Jessica then made herself a cup of tea. “We’ll be out in the living room if you need us, Seunghyun.” Jessica nicely informed the guy.

 

Kris took this chance to usher his wife out quickly while he still hugged onto her. Once they made it to the living room, Jessica placed her cup down on the coffee table before facing her furious husband.

 

“What happened?” Jessica queried, knowing that something was up.

 

“That was checking you out.” Kris’ lips curved into a frown. “I saw it when I was walking back to the kitchen.”

 

Jessica’s face consisted of worry and somewhat a small portion of anger. “Well, it doesn’t matter because you were there to prevent things from going any further. Nothing changes. I’m still forever yours at the end of the day.” She gave an optimistic grin before pinching his cheeks playfully.

 

“Mine.” Kris labeled possessively, bringing her in his arms again.

 

“Yours.” Jessica reassured, wrapping her arms around his neck and letting him connect their lips together. “I thought we established this when we got married.” She mumbled, their lips still connected.

 

“We did.” Kris mumbled back. “Just thought I’d remind you.”

 

Possessive Kris will be possessive Kris.

 

“You should put on a shirt.” Jessica muffled, the two never disconnecting their lips.

 

“You should change too.” Kris replied; tasting the fragrant green tea his wife had drank. “You’re not allowed to dress like this anymore unless we’re home alone.”

 

Feeling her frown at the new rule, Kris only raised his eyebrows at her before nipping lightly at her soft bottom lip. “It’s only safe. Who knows when another erted man will come into the house?” he explained.

 

“Fine.” Jessica agreed, seeing his point of view.

 

“Do you per—” Seunghyun suddenly interrupted the two and stood frozen at the doorframe. “Sorry.”

 

Jessica was the first to pull away at the sound of the new voice. Kris just silently boiled in rage yet again. The two faced the plumber; Kris having a snarl on his face while Jessica was looking politely at Seunghyun, wondering what he needed help with.

 

“What?” Kris snapped, irritated that the worker was interrupting his personal time with his wife.

 

“Uh, do you perhaps have a bucket? I was just going to unscrew the pipes and didn’t want to get the kitchen dirty so I wondered if you have any buckets lying around. But I could see that you two were busy, so, uhm, sorry. I’ll just, er, be in the kitchen and wait till you guys are done.” Seunghyun spoke at the speed of light before racing back into the kitchen, obviously and deeply scared by Kris.

 

“You should be nicer to him. You can see how intimidated he was by you.” Jessica grabbed her cup of tea.

 

Kris made a face, “Why?”

 

“He’s fixing my kitchen sink.” Jessica blinked up at her husband with expectation. “And since we’re paying him, I want my kitchen to be nicely fixed. He might just spite us and make our sink flood the house.”

 

Kris’ shoulders sagged, knowing that it was a possible occurrence. “I’ll just get a bucket.” He grumbled, trudging himself towards the cleaning closet nearby.

 

Skipping her way up the stairs, Jessica was going to get changed into more fitting and appropriate clothing. Finding a bucket in the garage, Kris grabbed it before proceeding towards the kitchen. Kris kept in mind to have a better, less menacing attitude towards Seunghyun.

 

Seeing the said plumber sitting on the kitchen floor examining his tools, Kris dropped the bucket right next to him. “Here,” he spoke in a casual manner.

 

Looking up at Kris, Seunghyun cleared his throat before fixating his eye contact on the bucket. “Thanks.” He replied, trying to regain his regular cool composure that he had when he walked into this house.

 

“Have you figured out what was wrong with our sink?” Kris asked, trying to sound friendlier, but failing to do so with his lack of motivation.

 

“Erm, not quite yet.” Seunghyun replied awkwardly at Kris’ softer tone. “I just have to make sure that there isn’t anything clogging up the pipes first.”

 

Glancing back really quick, Seunghyun saw Kris leaning against the counter, watching his every move with his normal cold face. Seunghyun felt as if it was actual boss watching him and was pressured to do well. To Seunghyun, Kris had a professional, intimidating kind of aura.

 

The silent atmosphere made things extremely uncomfortable and somehow tense. Kris wanted to make sure that the plumber was doing his job right and kept his eyes on him, watching his every single move. Seeing how Seunghyun had butterfingers, Kris would sigh and even roll his eyes silently at the apparent newbie technician plumber. At some points, Seunghyun even seemed like he needed help, but Kris didn’t even bother assisting him because Kris was clueless when it came to these things.

 

Hearing approaching soft footsteps, Kris turned his head towards the entrance of the kitchen. As expected, Jessica appeared dressed in a pair of light blue jeans and simple fitted v-neck, all completed with a smile on her face. While in the bedroom, Jessica remembered to grab a shirt for Kris on the way out.

 

Handing her husband his shirt, Jessica was also thinking about breakfast. “Pancakes or waffles?”

 

After slipping on his shirt, Kris thought a second before going with what he felt like having. “Pancakes.”

 

Opening the cabinet right next to Kris’ head, Jessica took out a batter mix for pancakes. Remembering that they still didn’t have any water, Jessica needed another way to make their breakfast. Before she could even tell Kris her idea, he beat her to it.

 

“I’ll get the water bottles from the car.” Kris smiled, knowing that they had a full pack of water bottles in the trunk of the car that they recently had bought.

 

When Kris stepped out of the kitchen, Jessica decided to start making the eggs first. Turning on the stove, she placed a pan on top before grabbing some eggs out of the fridge. While waiting for the pan to heat up, Jessica glanced over at Seunghyun who was busily working.

 

“Seunghyun, would you like some breakfast?” Jessica inquired with her usual disarming smile.

 

Poking his head out, Seunghyun shook his head with a small grin, looking much more comfortable with Jessica than he did with Kris. “No, it’s okay.”

 

“Are you sure? We have more than enough actually.” Jessica referred to the box of pancake mix.

 

“I already had breakfast this morning, but thank you Jessica.” Seunghyun gave a genuine smile, feeling at ease with her generosity and kindness.

 

“Well, if you ever get hungry, you can join us for breakfast.” Jessica happily spoke, starting to make her eggs.

 

Seunghyun only smiled like an idiot, watching Jessica cook for a moment. How in the world is this beautiful, kind and warm woman married to such a big, cold jerk? As for their marriage, the plumber was completely at a loss.

 

Unlocking the car, Kris opened the trunk of the car but couldn’t even reach towards the water bottles before getting tackled in a fat bear hug. For a moment, Kris thought he was being mauled on his driveway. It wasn’t until that familiar voice rang through his ears, almost deafening him, did Kris know who it was.

 

“HYUUUUUUNNGGG!!!!” The clingy panda engulfed the tall man in a tight hug. “I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!”

 

“Hey, Tao.” Kris replied with a bored tone, continuing with what he originally had to do.

 

“Don’t you miss me too? How come you’re not saying it back?! I know you missed me too, so why can’t you say it? You love me hyung!” Tao’s excessive chatter exploded after not being able to see his hyung for a couple weeks. “I love you too, hyung! We both love each other! Now tell me that you love me!” he jumped, still hugging onto his hyung.

 

“Hi hyung!!” Another voice appeared, tackling Kris in a hug as well from the other side.

 

Kris only heaved a sigh. “Hi Sehun.”

 

“How are you, hyung? Did you get taller? What are you doing out here? Did you know we were coming?” Sehun’s talking didn’t seem to fade either. “Did Lulu tell you we were coming?!” he gasped. “Lulu told me that he wouldn’t tell you though. But anyways hyung, do you like my hair? It’s pink now! I’m matching with Luhannie too! What’s with all the water bottles?”

 

Kris groaned for a moment, already receiving a headache from the two youngsters. “Here, take these inside.” Kris shoved a bunch of water bottles in Sehun’s chest, making him hold them.

 

Sehun frowned, cradling all the bottles in his arms before stomping inside the house. “How come Tao gets to stay? Hmph!” he muttered on the way.

 

“See? I told you that you really love me too, hyung!” Tao tried to make Kris piggyback ride him, but only failed when Kris didn’t bother carrying him.

 

Yanking the panda by the shirt, Kris pulled him away from his back. “Take these inside too.” He tossed a ton of water bottles towards him.

 

Tao pouted, “Why do I have to hold water bottles too?”

 

“Because I said so. Just bring them inside.” Kris ordered, grabbing a few bottles himself as well.

 

Doing as told, the panda skipped inside the house after gathering the few water bottles that fell on the floor.

 

“NOONA!!” Sehun called out as he ran into the kitchen.

 

Jessica turned around after hearing the familiar voice. Sehun dropped all the water bottles onto the counter before attacking his noona in big squishy hug.

 

“Sehunnie~” Jessica grinned, hugging the kid back.

 

“I missed you, noona!” Sehun happily tightened his hold, lifting his noona off her feet for a quick second.

 

“I missed you too, Sehunnie. You have cotton candy hair!” Jessica exclaimed joyfully ruffled his pink colored hair.

 

Sehun excitedly nodded his head with his arms still around her. “I’m matching with Lulu all the time now!”

 

Jessica giggled, “Does Luhan have pink hair too? Fany would like your hair.”

 

“Yeah!” Sehun hopped in place. “Fany noona said she liked my hair when I went by earlier to pick up Tao! She kept touching it!”

 

“NOONNAAAA!!!” another shout was heard before an eager panda popped into the room. “Hey! Get off my noona!” Tao frowned, seeing Sehun clung onto Jessica as if he was glued onto her.

 

“No!” Sehun frowned, hugging Jessica even tighter. “Noona is mine too!”

 

“Guys—” Jessica tried to speak up but the mini fight already started.

 

“Get off my noona!” Tao threw a water bottle at Sehun, hitting the other maknae in the leg.

 

“Noona! Save me!” Sehun whimpered and scuttled behind Jessica. “Noona is mine! Not yours!!”

 

Tao stomped his foot on the ground. “Noona! Don’t protect the enemy!” he pouted, saddened that he can’t hit Sehun anymore with Jessica in his way.

 

Sehun only stuck his tongue out at the panda, rubbing it in his face. “I’m the baby! Noona likes me better!”

 

“But I—” Jessica was only interrupted yet again.

 

“No, I’m the baby!!” Tao argued.

 

“No! You’re older than me! How can you be the baby?!” Sehun countered. “Plus, noona is on my side!” he clung onto Jessica possessively.

 

Tao’s expression faltered. “Noona…” he looked as if he was on the verge of tears.

 

“Tao,” Jessica spoke up, waddling herself near the panda to give him a hug. “I never chose a side though.”

 

With her words going unheard by both maknaes, Tao hugged her back and pulled her away from Sehun’s hold. “HA! Noona is mine now!” the panda successfully captured his rightful noona.

 

“No fair!!” Sehun’s hands formed fists and a frown formed on his face. “Noona is mine!”

 

“Guys—” Jessica’s speech turned into a squeal when both boys sandwiched her in a bone-crushing hug.

 

Jessica’s voice was unheard when the two tall maknaes started to bicker at each other, effectively starting an uproar of quarrelling in the kitchen. The two childish males squabbled at each other, pointing fingers and sticking tongues at each other. Jessica only sighed, giving up and just stood in between the two.

 

Hearing a loud commotion as soon as he walked back into the house, Kris headed straight for the kitchen. Seeing the maknaes fighting with each other with Jessica squeezed in between the two, Kris used the water bottle in his hand to hit both of the childish two in the head.

 

“OW!” the two held their head in pain, but never even noticed Kris in the room. “You!” the maknaes pointed accusing fingers at each other.

 

Both Sehun and Tao then started to push each other, trying to shove the other off a hopeless Jessica. Even till the point of using their legs as a weapon, the two were in an immature little fight.

 

Dropping all the bottles in his hand, Kris then smacked the both upside their heads, thinking they stop their stupid battle. Only the opposite effect worked, as the two shouted at each other again.

 

“Noona is mine!! You stupid!”

 

“No! Noona is mine! You’re the blockhead here!”

 

Kris only took a small second to take in how ridiculous this childish conflict was. “YAH!!” he shouted, making both maknaes freeze.

 

Tao and Sehun immediately whimpered. “Noona is hyung’s…” they said in synchronized manner, already knowing they lost.

 

Removing Jessica from between the two, Kris then shot the maknaes a glare. Already knowing what Kris was feeling, both Sehun and Tao lowered their heads.

 

“Corner.” Kris pointed to the corner of the kitchen.

 

The two complied, shuffling towards the corner to sit and reflect on their actions. Making their way there, Sehun only screamed when he noticed a body hunched out from under the kitchen sink.

 

“Since when was he here?!” Sehun pointed at the plumber in shock, his other arm clinging onto Tao.

 

“That’s creepy! Who is that?!” Tao took a step back from the unknown person still under the sink.

 

Seunghyun squirmed out from the cabinet and greeted the two with a small nod of the head. “I-I’m Seunghyun.”

 

Sehun and Tao just looked at him with confused faces. “Do you live in there?” Tao questioned stupidly.

 

Kris gave him a rightful smack to the head. “No, he’s our plumber. Our kitchen sink doesn’t work. Now sit.”

 

Trudging over to the corner, Tao hopped onto the counter and took a seat, Sehun following. Kris eyed the two before picking up the water bottles that were thrown or fell on the floor. Meanwhile, Jessica was busy measuring how many cups of water were to be used for the pancakes.

 

Tao gasped after seeing the pancake mix. “Noona! Can I have some?!”

 

“You just ate before coming here!” Sehun gave the panda a look, which was totally ignored. “Fatty.” He folded his arms.

 

“Sur—”

 

“No.” Kris cut in, not letting his wife even finish a word. “That’s what you get for brutally sandwiching my wife and making a huge disturbance to this whole neighborhood.”

 

Tao shut his mouth and shrunk himself back on his seat, effectively taking in the discipline he was receiving. “Fine, it’s okay hyung. I know you still love—”

 

“No.”

 

“…me.” Tao frowned and started to sulk. “Fine! Don’t talk to me anymore!”

 

A grin made it’s way onto Jessica’s face as she missed having the boys’ childishly cute company, especially these maknaes. Pouring in all the pancake mix, Jessica decided to make more for the two.

 

Before Kris could make another comment, the doorbell sounded. Sehun perked up in his seat with a look of realization.

 

“WE FORGOT LULU OUTSIDE!” the boy exclaimed, hurriedly jumping off the counter to get the door for the forgotten driver.

 

Glued in place, Kris just groaned and hunched over the over, burying his face in his arms. “Great, more immature boys…”

 



{Author's Note}: Please leave a comment. Comments are a writer's motivation!

Thank you for upvoting!! ^^

whatsnext
ForeverJessica