the party crasher

The boy that changed my life forever.

It was two days to your dad's birthday party. Your dad was currently in China on a business trip, and your mum and you have been planning a small party for him. Your mum told you to invite BTS too, and of course Baekhyun. You didn't know if the BTS boys and Baekhyun would get along, but you decided to try out. They were all your good friends anyway.

You tapped your fingers on the table impatiently, waiting for the clock to strike 3. You couldn't wait to go home and set up the party decorations. Your dad will be arriving home tonight at 7 and you only had 4 hours to prepare with your mother. When class ended, you quickly picked up your stuff and rushed off to your locker. You stuffed everything you didn't need and was about to slam the locker door shut when someone grabbed you on the shoulder.

"Woah!" You turned in shock. You placed your hand on your chest and started to breathe. "You scared me!" J-HOPE smiled at you and chuckled. "You didn't need to run off so fast, i wanted to ask if i could come along. I could be a big help to your party decorations~"

You smiled. "how did you know i was rushing off because of that?" J-HOPE just shrugged. "I don't know, guardian angel maybe?" You giggled and linked arms with J-HOPE. You pointed towards the school's main gate. "AHEAD WE GO!" You ran ahead pulling J-HOPE with you. The both of you laughed and ran off to your house.

Sehun was watching you from afar, laughing and smiling with linked arms, pulling J-HOPE out of the school. He sighed and messed his hair up. "Seriously whats up with them." Baekhyun glanced at you and J-HOPE before turning back to his friends. "Guys i can't go for the movie today, i got something.. on." Sehun eyed Baekhyun. *Why is hyung busy today?*

Kai nodded and the rest said their goodbyes to Baekhyun, and walked in the direction of the mall. Sehun stared at Baekhyun, who was waving at him. "Go, it's gonna be 5, movie's starting." Baekhyun turned and left. Sehun didn't know why but he knew something was up. "Should i follow him.."

You and J-HOPE finally reached your house, and you quickly headed up to change. J-HOPE stayed downstairs, helping your mum put up decorations at places she couldn't reach and also helping your mum with the baking of the cake. "Wow you're a great cook, hoseok ah." Your mum complimented him. J-HOPE smiled happily at your mother. He liked it that she was happy with his actions.

You watched the two of them interact as you leaned on the kitchen wall. "You guys look close already." Your mum and J-HOPE's head turned and you smiled at them. "Mum i didn't know you allowed people helping you with cooking." Your mum chuckled. "Well at least he knows what he's doing, unlike a certain SOMEBODY, who burns everything she cooks." 

Your smile disappeared and you puffed your cheeks in annoyance. "AW MUM!" J-HOPE grinned at you and you couldn't help but smile back at him. "Come here ~~~~~~, i'll teach you." You walked over and J-HOPE put an apron over your head. You thanked him with a smile and he turned back to the dough. "All you have to do is..."

After about 15 minutes, you managed to make perfect batter for the cake. You smiled happily and clapped your hands. Flour started flying everywhere. "Hey!" J-HOPE waved the flour away. You laughed and took some of the batter and poked him cheek. "You got something on your face." J-HOPE raised and eyebrow at you and you were about to run away when you realised that he poked you on the nose.

"Well, you do too." You tried to look at whats on your nose but you couldn't. You then saw J-HOPE's hand filled with chocolate. "uhoh.." Your eyes widen and you ran away. "COME HERE" J-HOPE smiled and chased you all over the kitchen. You giggled and ran in circles. 

The two of you didn't know that your mum was secretly looking from the stairs. She smiled happily and took her phone out.

J-HOPE finally caught you and he held you up by the waist. "GOT CHA!" You laughed and tried to free yourself but he was too strong. You finally calmed down and turned slightly to face J-HOPE. "I'm sorry, forgive me oppa." 

J-HOPE placed you down and you turned to face him. "how can i say no to you?" You beamed up at him while he smiled down at you. *CLICK* The two of you spun around to see your mum smiling happily at her phone. "Oh don't mind me, i was just taking a photo of the mess you made, so your dad knows your efforts."

You and J-HOPE glanced at each other and laughed.

At 630pm, your mum told you to have a shower and sat down with J-HOPE at the living room. She asked J-HOPE about school, and now he knew ~~~~~~. After listening to the story, she smiled. "You like her don't you." J-HOPE turned his head and he saw ~~~~~~'s mother smiling happily at him. "I know that look very well. That was how ~~~~~'s father looked at me when he liked me too."

J-HOPE blushed and nodded slightly. "I liked her for awhile now.." He didn't know what was wrong with him, why is he admitting his feelings to your mum?

Your mum smiled and patted his hand. "and i like you too." He looked up, and your mum gave him a loving smile.

"thank you for making my daughter smile again. It's been awhile since i saw her this happy." 

J-HOPE knew that whatever your mother just said was genuine and true. J-HOPE nodded and patted your mum's hand too. "I'll do better, and i'll try my best.. to win her heart."

Your mum gave J-HOPE a huge smile before the door bell rang. "Oh it must be them!" Your mum stood up and headed over to the door.

J-HOPE smiled happily at himself. *At least i know that 1 out of 2 likes me.* He stood up and headed to the door to welcome his friends.

Baekhyun turned his head and waved at J-HOPE, who had a blank expression on. "Whats up dude." Your mum smiled. "you two know each other?" Baekhyun grinned. "Not very well. I just met him." J-HOPE nodded slightly.

You finally re-appeared and ran down the stairs when you saw Baekhyun. "baek oppa is here!" You gave him a smile as he patted your wet hair. "Yah, dry your hair before you catch a cold." You pouted but listened.

The door bell rang again and this time BTS entered. "SO THERE YOU ARE!" Taehyung pouted and pointed a finger at J-HOPE. "YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME TO COME EARLIER TOO!"

You and your mother laughed at the cute Taehyung. Suga walked up to you and smiled. "Hello there~" You smiled back, "oppa" He gave you a hug. "Lets go hide before daddy's back." Your mum announced. 

Each of you stood somewhere near the door. Waiting for your father to appear.

 

"Honey, i'm home!" Your dad tried to pull his huge luggage and golf bag into the house while trying his best to on the lights. "Where's the damn switch." When he finally found the switch, he looked up and shock took over.

His family, BTS, and Baekhyun were there infront of him. "SURPRISE!"

The surprise was a successful one. Your dad was really happy, you enjoyed the food your mum and J-HOPE cooked, you grew closer to Baekhyun, and you also noticed that Baekhyun was trying his best to communicate with the BTS boys. You liked how the BTS boys were actually putting in effort to know Baekhyun too. At first, they didn't like him very much, but after knowing that he was a good old friend of yours, they accepted him immediately. 

J-HOPE glanced over at you and you gave him a slight smile. He smiled back before he turned back to Baekhyun, listening to his stories as an idol. You heard the door bell ring and your dad wanted to answer it but you stopped him. "I'll get it dad!" You quickly put your cake down and walked over to the door. Not bothering to check who it was, you opened the door.

"Yes?" You said and looked up. Your jaw dropped. "It's been awhile, ~~~~~~." Sehun said. You stood there, staring at him, not knowing what to do. "~~~~~~ who's there?" Your mother asked and she too was shocked to see Sehun. "Oh! Sehun ah! What a surprise!" 

Hearing Sehun's name being mentioned, J-HOPE, Suga, and Baekhyun all turned to look at the door. Baekhyun stood up and walked over, followed by J-HOPE. He could see you were getting a little uncomfortable.

"What are you doing here Sehun?" Baekhyun asked. Sehun smirked at him and smiled. "It's ~~~~~~'s dad birthday, how could i forget?" You didn't know what to do, you knew you couldn't just chase him away. You felt someone pulling you backwards and soon J-HOPE's arms were around your shoulder. He bent down slightly and whispered in your ear.

"Don't be afraid, don't be upset, i'm here for you." He squeezed your arm slightly and you looked up at him. You looked into his eyes and you knew, that you could trust him. You gave him a small smile and nodded your head. He smiled back at you and looked back up at Sehun. Suga was glaring daggers at Sehun. 

"Well, you should come in, since you're already here!" Your mum announced. Everyone knew that your parents won't just chase him out. Sehun bowed and headed over to your dad, wishing him a happy birthday before going into the topic about his business.

Sehun knew everything about your family.

You let out a shaky breathe and looked up at Baekhyun. "Baek oppa, why.. is he here?" Baekhyun shook his head. "I don't know. I didn't tell him anything." Suga headed back to BTS's side, knowing that they were all curious on whats going on. "I'll be back." Baekhyun rushed over to BTS too, who were now talking in a circle about Sehun.

You looked at your toes and felt someone shaking you. Realising that J-HOPE was still there, you looked up. He poked your nose and a smile appeared on his face.

"No matter what happens, he is the past. BTS is here now, Baekhyun never left you, your parents are here, and i am here too." 

"I promise to protect you from that jerk." He whispered the last part. Your eyes widen in shock. He knew? "You.. You know?" You asked. J-HOPE nodded. "We need to talk someday, by ourselves. I'll promise to tell you everything you want to know."

You nodded and smiled.

"At least this party was a good one, even though he's here. I had fun." You beamed at him.

"especially with you oppa."