Encounter II

Demon & Angel—Forbidden Love

The moment he stepped outside, Taemin was already awestruck.

 

The scenery itself was beautiful, what with the glittering snow amongst the small village, their grey brick housings now coated in silver and white.

 

It was just breathtaking.

 

But enough of that, thought Taemin as the angel shook his head. I have to find this…this Sehun person!

 

Unfortunatly, the village appeared to be silent.

 

Ghostly quiet.

 

Taemin shivered, his wings rustling from the chills as he walked down the grey stone path, unmarked by the snow.

 

“Hello?” he called out, but the only response back was his echo and the soft wind bustling against the iced trees.

 

How was he supposed to find someone for directions when it seemed like nobody is living in the village aside for Suho and the others he mentioned?

 

What happened to this place?

 

Knowing that calling out a second time won’t do him any good, he decided to go up and knock on one of the doors around him.

 

The dark-haired brunet took his first steps up to a wooden door of a house, looking hallow and dull of colour.

 

He knocked on the door, pounding with his fist as he yelled out, “Hello? Is anybody home?”

 

No response.

 

Nobody must be home, concluded Taemin, who bit his lower lip in wonder before choosing to move on to the next house.

 

Shaking his head to get the snow off, he stepped up to the door of the next house, which looked quite similar from the previous one.

 

Well, it couldn’t hurt to give a try.

 

He knocked on the door, his fist thumping on the wood, hoping for an answer inside.

 

Yet there’s nothing.

 

The angel scowled, a bit peeved at the situation he has currently placed himself into.

 

What in the heavens is going on?

 

As he stepped away from the door, he noticed a glass mirror placed just next to the doorway, leaning on the brick wall.

 

Taemin examined himself in front of it, dying his reflection.

 

Okay, sure, he was ashamed that he came out into the snow wearing a thin shirt and short shorts, along with a white cloak dragging at his feet, but at least the cloak was thick and warm enough to shield him from the cold snow, thanks to Suho.

 

He stared at the mirror for a while, his eyes now on his face as he leaned closer. He saw how he is gradually losing the feminine look that he always had since young, albeit there were still there. He even appeared taller and older too, his shoulders getting broader.

 

Taemin began to smirk, playing with his facial expressions as he is enchanted of how seductive they looked.

 

He blushed at the sight of himself. No wonder Minho cannot handle him.

 

His eyes averted down to his clothes, noticing a crease before going ahead to fix it, smoothing down his attire.

 

However, he saw a shift in his reflection, and in a flash, his attire was black. Taemin looked down at himself, seeing his white clothing before staring perplexedly at the reflection’s black clothing.

 

It was then, when he heard a small chuckle.

 

Slowly looking up to see the face of his own reflection, his brown eyes met cerise red irises.

 

It smirked at him, mirroring the expression he had on earlier before its lips moved.

 

“Hello again.”

 

Shocked of its appearance and how it was moving all on its own, he couldn’t contain his horror at the sight.

 

So he screamed.

 

“!” hissed his reflection as it covered its ears. “Damn, you’re a screamer!”

 

Taemin stared at the reflection with terror, pointing at it. “Y-You…! What…how—”

 

“Now, now,” ‘Taemin’ spoke with a grin, white fangs showing in the looking glass. “No need to be hasty!”

 

The angel shifted uncomfortably underneath his other half’s gaze, cautiously covering himself with his cloak once he saw a flash of pink darting out of its mouth to its lips.

 

“W-Who are you?”

 

‘Taemin’ merely scoffed at him, appalled that he has forgotten. “I told you once, and still you don’t realize it? How naive you are,” ‘he’ spoke, shaking its head before continuing, “I am you. I am your reflection and your other half.”

 

The angel gaped flabbergastedly before shrieking, “Nonsense! You look nothing like me nor do I look like you! Plus, the last time I saw you, you had horns!”

 

It smiled at him. “Eh, I got rid of them, they were a bit annoying.” Then ‘he’ said, “But regardless, it’s true that you don’t look like me. Maybe not now,” his reflection paused to smirk, “but you will be soon.”

 

Taemin stared at the reflection before a low growl emerged out from his throat. “So it was you who is responsible for changing me! You are the reason why I am beginning to act so differently!”

 

“Yes, I suppose you can put it that way. In my words, I’d like to say I’m being…helpful,” ‘Taemin’ smiled at the boy in front of him, loving the way his face changes to his emotions.

 

“Helpful?” echoed Taemin, his eyes wide at the words. “My own friends are being to get suspicious of me!”

 

‘Taemin’ merely shrugged, not interested in the likes of his so-called friends.

 

The brunette cannot believe that that monster is truly living inside him, just waiting to come alive and turn his heart cold.

 

Is this what he is becoming into? His true nature?

 

Well, if it is, then he doesn’t like it.

 

“Can you leave me alone? I rather you’d not interfere on my life.”

 

‘Taemin’ shook his head. “I can’t.”

 

“Why can’t you?”

 

“Because,” ‘he’ began to talk, leaning forward now. The angel stepped back to see his own reflection emerging out of the glass but was pulled towards it by the hand that grabbed his shirt, now face to face.

 

Taemin gulped, his shaking brown eyes looking into ‘Taemin’s’ calm light cerise orbs.

 

“Because I am you, Taemin. You try to remove me, and we’re both dead,” said ‘he’, cupping both of the brunet’s cheeks, feeling the warmth within his cold hands. “I am whatever you form me to be, because I am you.”

 

Taemin couldn’t breathe as he gripped his other half’s wrists, as if warning him not to come any closer as he felt their noses touching each other.

 

“I can be your ally or your enemy; your strength and desires or your fears and weakness.” Taemin let out a soft gasp, his cheeks red as he felt the breath of his evil self lingering on his lips. “I can destroy you if I want, but I can’t.”

 

Is that warmth in his voice? Taemin looked to see emotion in those glowing, red eyes, yet they were indescribable.

 

‘Taemin’ hissed, pulling away a bit to look at the angel, his innocent, good self. “Because no matter how hard I try, you are still my angel,” ‘his’ voice grew softer as ‘he’ said, “I am you, and so I can be your lover whenever you wish.”

 

The angel’s heart thudded loudly in his chest as he felt the breath masking over his lips again.

 

“As long as you’re my angel.”

 

That was that when Taemin felt cold lips pressing against his own. His eyes widened upon seeing his half’s closed eyelids and his grip tightened on the wrists as if warning to stop this nonsense.

 

Yet, joined with his own self, it has never felt good before. How can evil love good? How can good love evil?

 

The answer is unknown.

 

‘Taemin’ could feel the boy struggle a bit, his grasp on ‘him’ trembling before they loosened up, feeling his warm lips move in sync with his own. ‘He’ chuckled in his head, knowing how weak his other self is.

 

‘He’ pulled away to see Taemin’s half-lidded eyes, a glisten of oceanic blue shown in his brown irises, revealing his innocent, good-natured self.

 

It shocked ‘him’ when he saw the glare of the blue, Taemin’s hair shimmering light blonde.

 

His good self.

 

“You’re mine,” growled ‘Taemin’ as he roughly kissed the angel again, not wanting to lose as he began forcing his tongue into his mouth which let the angel squeal a little in his spellbounded state. ‘He’ stepped forward again, his full body out of the mirror as he hugged the angel close, lips pressing harshly against each other.

 

Mine.

 

Taemin was too lost into it that he did not notice the little voice in the back of his voice screaming at him nor the energy that was draining away from him as he led on his half’s tongue, saliva dripping down their chins.

 

You idiot, stop this! Move away!

 

Taemin opened his eyes to see his own clothes, starting from the bottom, starting to turn black.

 

Move!

 

Regaining his senses, he gasped and abruptly pulled away from the kiss before shrieking, his arms outstretched to push his evil self away.

 

“Stop this!” Taemin yelled as he pushed his hands out, but all they ever made in contact with was thin air. He looked to see the glass mirror, seeing his normal reflection.

 

But upon wiping his mouth and feeling the tingles of his lips, he knew it wasn’t an illusion. He blushed, almost disgusted that he just made out with himself.

 

He made out with a boy that looked exactly like him, and an evil one at that!

 

Yet, it felt…

 

Taemin shook his head, his cheeks burning red as he turned away from the mirror, walking down the doorsteps to move on. “I should really go find him. Something is very wrong with me, whatever it is!”

 

Covering his mouth in shame, he quickly left, wanting to find him as soon as possible.

 

But the reflection never moved, eyes closed softly with a smile on its face as it wiped the spit off with the back of ‘his’ hand.

 

I’m not done with you yet, hissed the mirror image as he glared at the retreating angel with its glowing cerise eyes. It smiled when he saw a peek of blonde coming out from the ends of Taemin’s black locks.

 

Not until I get that to come out and destroy this world together.

 


 

Taemin walked along the stone pathway, his bare feet wet and cold from the snow as he dragged himself to walk forward.

 

He has knocked on any other doors and yet none of them had any responses.

 

The angel sighed as he heavily walked up the steps of the next (and hopefully the last) house, approaching the door. He hasn’t noticed that this house looked a bit brighter and more alive than all the previous ones he visited as he tiredly knocked on the door.

 

Taemin stood there for a moment before sighing at the silent reply, turning around to move on.

 

But before he even made a step, a creak of the door emerged from behind, startling the angel. The brunet turned with wide eyes to see a man who looked no older than their old age, his wrinkles showing how much years he has left to live. His wings are still strong and large, but who knows when they’ll start to shrivel up.

 

“Yes?” Even the voice sounded old.

 

The angel sighed in relief as he hastily went up to the man, holding his hands together as if praying. “I am terribly sorry for bothering you but I have a question,” began Taemin, “Perhaps you know of a man named Sehun?”

 

“Sehun?” he spoke as his green eyes examined him.

 

Taemin nodded, biting his lower lip in nervousness as he waited for an answer.

 

Then the old man pointed a bony finger down the path of trees. “He normally resides with that messenger,” said the man, his voice shaking. “But he lives down there. Follow the path from there and you should see a small cottage house.”

 

All the anxiety he had vanished as he grinned. “Ah, thank you so much!”

 

“I am surprised, Taeyeon.”

 

Taemin froze upon hearing the Nymph’s name.

 

“After all these years with Sehun, you don’t know where he lives,” said the man who shook his head. “Tsk, tsk, silly girl.”

 

He didn’t move even after the door slowly shut itself in front of him until he blinked, turning his head towards the pathway of trees.

 

What is Suho telling me, doing all of this?

 

Taemin bit his lower lip as he moved towards the dirt path, walking underneath the trees that bended over him as if forming a roof. He yelped, looking back to see the entryway blocked by the arms of the trees, its leaves obscuring the view.

 

Strange, so very strange, thought Taemin as he looked ahead, continuing on his way as he followed the pathway.

 

The angel walked on, his eyes scanning the trees around as they moved on their own, blocking the way behind him while he prodded. The wind wrapped around him, as if carrying him to his destination as Taemin has his eyes on the path.

 

Then, a small cottage house came into view as he took a corner. The brunette cautiously walked up to it as he examined its surroundings. Aside from being surrounded by trees, there were many varieties of plants, herbs and flowers alike. They all looked so healthy as if something had been taking care of them.

 

“Oh?” noted Taemin, as he saw a whithered flower, a Peony, he assumed. “Poor thing,” he cooed as he crouched down to its dry petals. “Looking all whithered while the others are so healthy…”

 

Taemin continued to the flower as his fingers grew warm, holding a soft pale emerald light. He smiled when he saw it spring up, regaining its original color as it bloomed, revived from its death.

 

Then a small noise emerged from behind the house, attracting the boy’s attention.

 

Curious, he stood up, his steps slow and noiseless as he carefully walked towards the cottage. His legs moved gracefully as he crept closer to the source.

 

With a hand on the wall of the house, he perked around the corner to see what is behind the house.

 

Only to see glaring grey eyes staring back at him.

 

Taemin let out a startled yell, falling back onto his rear as he crawled away, looking up at the face in shock.

 

It stepped out from the shadows, a hood obscuring his features with a sword pointing at the angel. “Who are you? What means do you have for coming here?” The voice was masculine so it was obvious the figure was a man.

 

The angel couldn’t speak, couldn’t move. He spluttered a bit, stumbling over his words before he exclaimed, “I-I mean no harm, sir! Honest! I am just looking for a man named Sehun!”

 

The hooded man stood there for a moment before sheathing his sword into its case and pulled the hood down, revealing his face.

 

He looked beautiful. With sparkling brown eyes and pale skin, he was a magnificent being. He had sharp jaws and sharp eyes that held many emotions. His hair was unique, covered in lustrous rainbow-colored locks.

 

“I am he,” Sehun spoke as he stepped closer. “I want you to stand up.”

 

Taemin gaped at him before reluctantly doing as he requested of him, standing at full height. Sehun stared at him, unable to see his face due to the shaded spot he was standing in. “Stand in the light over there. I would like to identify you.”

 

He has never thought that such a young-looking man could sound so serious and cold. Nevertheless, he moved as he asked, not wanting to get him upset.

 

Sehun’s eyes followed as the angel quietly moved into the light, the features slowly coming into view. His eyes widened when he saw the roundness of the brown eyes and those soft, red cheeks.

 

Those plump lips and his thin face…!

 

His heart thudded at the recognition of the face, reminded of a certain someone whom he detested.

 

Taemin stared back at him with his brown eyes, rubbing the back of his neck. “Uhm, I would like to—”

 

Leave.”

 

His heart thudded at his cold words as Sehun turned around to take his leave. “What? Why?” he asked, his body moving on its own as he followed the retreating figure.

 

“You are not wanted here. Not anymore,” hissed Sehun as he pulled his cloak over him, vanquishing into the wind.

 

“But—!” He hastily approached the back of the cottage, but he was no longer there. “Wait! I need your help!” he called out into the air, but there was no response back.

 

Just complete silence.

 

Taemin sighed. “How am I going to tell Suho now?”

 

As soon as he mentioned the name, a strong gush of wind hit him, surprising the angel.

 

Suho?”

 

The black-haired angel perked up at the voice and looked around, but saw no one. The wind brushed gently against his ears, a voice whispering into them.

 

“How did you know Suho?”

 

Taemin his cracked lips as he struggled to explain, “W-Well, I met him after I got caught by that ghost of the Nymph. He was examining me before he urgently told me to find you.” Then he said, “He told me that you might tell me what is happening to me, at the least.”

 

The wind circled around him slowly, soundless for a moment before Taemin felt a small puff on his face, almost as if it was a sigh.

 

“Very well.”

 

The angel watched in amazement as the wind formed a vaguely transparent form of a body, circling around him. His upper torso formed in the first cycle before he could see his legs walking around him the second time he circled him.

 

Then the colors came alive, revealing his flesh and bones as they all put together a loving body, the man no longer hooded. With studded wrists cuffs, Sehun stood in front of the body, nonchalantly smoothing his white shirt and black jeans. He ran his fingers through his head, the wind manipulating the locks as they looked stylishly good.

 

He looked as if he was made for the world.

 

Taemin was so distracted by this that he didn’t feel the cool breeze behind him until hands held his shoulders, Sehun gently pushing him toward the backdoor of the cottage.

 

“Do not think I am willing to help you. I am merely doing this because Suho is my hyung,” explained the light-haired man. “However, we cannot do this out here. The existing wind will disturb the process.”

 

Then his cold eyes met a gaping angel staring at him, cheeks red and eyes wide with wonder. He chuckled, a small smile evident on his face as he patted the angel’s chin.

 

“Do close your mouth. I can actually try to take your breath away.”

 


 

At last, Sehun had made his appearance! As well as Evil!Taemin and that whole Taemin selfcest going on there, holy cow what's with me.

I actually have written a lot more but then I was like staring at the chapter and went, "Oh goddamnit, just cut it in half and finish off the rest." Because I swear to God, I never thought the thoughts of my real exams coming soon next month is stressing me out so much. Maybe I'll finish off that other half when I'm off the exams so I have more free time? I don't have a clue

I found out I write better in other places at home though, and on paper. Although that's a disadvantage because I never take out my books to type it out onto the computer OTL. LAZYASS ME.

 

ANYWAY. I hope you liked this chapter, even though I need to stop making so many cliffhangers all at once omg.

(And yes I know I'm using EXO's Sehun from the Wolf era, I do what I want to do omg)

 

(something tells me there will be a blond Taemin in the future chapters)

 

....Yeah I'm going, BYE. /flees/