Innocence

Demon & Angel—Forbidden Love

Chaos, wars, destruction splattered everywhere. The two sides were in the Great War, fighting each other and defending their sides, preventing any more damages done.

 

Deadly swords were killing Angels; arrows that pierced through their chest and heads were torturing Demons.

 

It was just brutality.

 

Two people ran to each other, eyes filled with worry. One was an angel and the other was a demon.

 

They were both in love, their hearts stained with a splatter of bright brilliant red, signifying love full of passion.

 

Both sides were in war because they broke the law.

 

Both sides thought they were the cause of the war, and planned to separate them for the lives of them.

 

However, that was not true. They had done nothing—they simply fell in love, betraying the law.

 

“I didn’t want this to happen… not like this!” The angel cried out, an explosion emerged from behind him. He turned to see his side now in ruins from the war, the Angels crying in despair. The Goddess was unhappy about the war, and had worried for the young angel greatly. He looked back to the demon, looking into those dark brown eyes.

 

The demon shook his head in understanding, “I don’t want to this to happen either…just promise me one thing.” He said, holding the angel’s hands close to his chest, the angel feeling his slow dark heart beating.

 

“Promise me that no matter what, still love me…” He whispered, holding the angel close to him.

 

The angel nodded, “Of course hyung…I will always love you…”

 

They wished that time would stop now and then as they both leaned in, their lips an inch away. Their eyes closed shut as they came close; the demon held the angel by the waist while the other wrapped his arms around his neck. They could feel each other’s hot breath on their faces.

 

Soft lips firmly pressed together.

 

It was like their first time falling in love again; sparks burst between them and everything happening in the war just seemed to fade away from the duo.

 

However, that peaceful moment was broken when the abandoned house far from the distance right between their two sides, broke out, a horrendous monster emerging from the roof. They pulled away from their loving kiss and gasped at the view. Angels shrieked and Demons groaned at the sight and began to pull each other away for retreat.

 

They had not realized that they came apart as well, the Demons spitting insults at the young angel while the Angels gave no remorse to them. The angel struggled in their grasp as well as the demon for he was screaming, “Let me go! Release me!”

 

“No!” the angel cried out, his arm reached out for the demon as he struggled against the Angels. The demon had his hand outstretched to the angel as he tried his best to get closer to his love, to have him into his arms.

 

Their hands were just straining to get closer, barely an inch away.

 

Their fingers were just a touch away.

 

They would have gotten each other, if it were not only for that forceful tug, their fingers just brushing past each other as they finally separated the duo.

 

The two beings cried out and screamed each other names, not wanting to believe the fact that their love was truly forbidden.

 

“Love between an angel and a demon would trigger their enemies’ emotions. Their own feelings and laws have driven Angels and Demons to take it out on the other. Taemin…you must stop this from happening. Show them how brainwashed they are that they never care about mutual feelings…” A voice echoed into the boy’s head, a slight blurry vision of a female in a white dress, her long, aqua hair flowing down to her waist. He could see her light blue-green eyes sparkling underneath her light green colored eyelashes. Her outstretched hand reached out to him, palm in the open.

 

Taemin, who sat in the darkness of his dream, quickly stood up and ran to the female, but she was quickly fading away.

 

“Wait… don’t go, please…”

 

He stretched his arm out to the female, just a moment away from her hand.

 

“Wait!”

 


 

“Yah, Tae, wake up!” A faerie cried out in his ear, notifying him of the date and time.

 

The boy groaned and pulled the white sheets over him, only to have her pull them away. She glared at him with a huff, her arms over her chest.

 

“For the love of all things holy, Taemin, get your arse out of the bed! Your mother is waiting for you downstairs!” She screeched in his ear, her voice becoming high and shrilling like a bell on high alert that practically woke the poor boy up, the figure abruptly sitting up, his hair in a complete mess and his eyes wide as saucers, his chocolate brown orbs shining. He groaned and rubbed his eyes before sighing at the fairy.

 

“Whaattttttt does she want nowwwwww?” He whined, kicking his legs like a child under the sheets. The faerie, whom he identified as Krystal, chuckled at the boy’s attitude and crossed her arms over her chest.

 

“How am I supposed to know? All she told me was to wake you up as she got something to tell you before you leave for school with Key, or whatever,” she shrugged. Taemin then smiled warmly at her and—with his fingers—flicked her over to the other side of the room, ignoring the yell she gave him, “What in the heavens did you just do to me mister? You’re in for a world of trouble now!”

 

He rolled his eyes and got out of bed—he will deal with that sassy Krystal later.

 


 

Meet Taemin; the child of the Goddess. Unlike the other Angels, he’s different in his own way, and not as strong as them for his powers has not been awaken nor was he in his full form yet—hence is the fact why he has smaller (babyish) wings than others.
 
Krystal has been his faerie for many decades, and always has never-ending beauty, even if she was younger or older than Taemin. She and Taemin had been stuck together like glue, and she is always comforting him when he is in distress. She is his second best, the first being his guardian angel, Key, his “mother” and best friend.
 
Angels around him would adore him and say that he looked beautiful as always. You see, as an angel, they symbolizes purity and beauty, but Taemin has the most innocence and beautiful features of all—striking light brown hair that reached to his shoulders, deep chocolate brown irises, plump lips that creased into an innocent smile, his eyes sparkling whenever he did that—the Angels would fall for him instantly.
 
Others would say that he looked girly and resemblances the Goddess quite well. Few of the girls had gotten jealous of his beautiful appearance. Taemin was not quite happy with the fact that he looked more feminine and cute than manly and handsome, but he had grown used to it. The thought of him resembling a girl still irks him as Key has pushed him into cross-dressing as a girl a few times.
 
Nobody knows nor cares about age, but if you were to find out by his appearance, you would say that he is at least somewhere in his teens/twenties, about 19 years old.

 


 

Taemin was already dressed into his uniform, fluttering down the grand stairs of his castle. The faeries greeted him as he passed by, the brunet merely giving them quick wave of his hand as he ran down the hallway, with Krystal following behind him.

 

His wings spread open into the wide hallway and off he flew, the large windows displaying the blue sky and the white city on the hallways’ walls quickly passing him by as Taemin grinned, loving the extreme speed.

 

“Aish, slow down, will you! You’ll crash into something!” He heard Krystal yell out as she caught up him, her voice warning him, but he did not care. He slid across the floor, his feet making a screeching sound before he took off again when he turned into a corner, his small wings taking in as much air pressure as he just soared down the hallways.

 

Taemin was always the one to go to the extreme that is what makes him so different from the Angels. While Angels were so careful and patient, Taemin was the only one who loves things to the max.

 

He flew here and there, inside and outside the castle, and most of the servants were laughing at the male’s childish behavior. He may be different and not like the Angels but those in the kingdom loved him.

 

He skidded into another corner, laughing when Krystal yell at him constantly because she kept bumping into his shoulder whenever he does so, but still laughed nevertheless. His wings stretched out wide as they can be (as they are small, duh) as he crouched down, as if he is preparing himself for the race.

 

He stared down the extremely long hallway. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He recognized this hallway. One has twists and turns, as well as sharp corners that were hard to drift into a complete turn before you can even run into the wall. It was a path down to the throne room; the Goddess was surely waiting for him.

 

There were many others, he would think, but he liked this path better.

 

“Oh, hohoho no, don’t you dare do it!” Krystal hissed, her faerie wings flapping quickly, creating magical dust as her eyebrows furrowed in frustration. Taemin looked up at the fairy with a smirk and whispered,

 

“Make me.”

 

And with that, he took off, not giving the faerie time to react, his wings gathering as much wind as he can (even though he’s inside the castle), flying in such speed that he can no longer hear Krystal yelling behind him.

 

He twisted and turned, and successfully made that sharp turn in the corners and he can feel the angle of the hallways tilting downwards, so he folded in his wings, the speed increasing as he fell down. The male was thrilled, the adrenaline pumping in his veins as he dived down the… rotated hallway. Windows quickly came and out of his sight on the walls as he went down, fast like an express train; he could see that familiar brilliant golden floor and he knew that he was almost there. Just a bit more and—

 

He burst into the throne room, where he knew that his mother would be waiting, and before he could even crash into the ground, he lifted himself up, his wings out and flapping as he gently and safely carried himself down to the ground. Once his feet delicately touched the ground, he stood up straight, his eyes sparkling as he gave the people around him an innocent smile, especially the Goddess, his mother who looked at him with an amused smile on her face. They applauded for his “grand entrance” into the throne room and it made the boy happy that he bowed continuously, thanking them.

 

Taemin bowed one last time and stood up straight again, “I’m here, mother!” His voice was strong and bright as he called out to her happily, a grin on his face.

 

The Goddess laughed joyously at this, her voice melodious like bells. Her dark brown hair flowed down to her shoulder and wore a beautiful white gown as she sat on the throne.

 

Taemin heard a female shriek and felt an hard impact on his head before it bounced off and fell into his hands, which he had caught, cupping the faerie with care (like how he’d catch an fragile egg). He snickered at Krystal who looked so disheveled and dizzy from that “scary and insane” experience.

 

“Ugh, Mother of God…never again! I’m taking the normal way here, hear me?” She huffed as she sat in Taemin’s hands, her arms crossed over her chest.

 

The Goddess laughed at this and said, “Nice to see you as well, Krystal.”

 

The faerie only nodded meekly as a response, her cheeks flushed red in embarrassment as she fixed her stature.

 

Taemin looked at his mother, his eyes now full of curiosity.

 

“I believe I was told that you had something to say, Mother?”

 

The woman looked back at her son and smiled, “Yes, Taemin. Now, you are at the age where you are at your final stage of training. I am quite worried of how your powers had not been awakened fully yet. You are my only son, my only hope in protecting our village, our lovely Aurora. I’m terrified with the possibilities that may happen to you.”

 

Taemin reassured her with a gentle smile—the female house cleaners swooned at the innocence his smile contained and Krystal going on at them, “Oh, give me a break!”—and nodded slightly.

 

“Rest assured, Mother. I promise you, I will watch myself with care and make sure that nothing will happen to me. I’m sure Key will have my head if he sees one scar on me.” Then he giggled, remembering how his best friend fussed over him greatly that he was forced to stay home because of one simple bruise on his left knee—in which he had gained from tripping onto the cement ground of the academy during break.

 

The Goddess chuckled at this as well, “Ah, yes. I remember how he fussed over your scars on your arms when you were just a little lamb. I agree; he’ll surely have your head.”

 

The trio (yes, including Krystal) giggled at the thought.

 

The male silenced his laughing matter and gazed back up at his mother who was sitting peacefully at the throne.

 

“Is that all, Mother?” He asked, a warm smile grazing his soft rosy pink lips.

 

She nodded, “That is all, child.”

 

Then she stood up, her snow-white gown swaying gently like a calm river. She held out her hand to her son and with a smile, she said in a powerful voice, “In the Name of the Angels and Gods, I now salute you the honor of the faeries and the Heavens to safely guide you out.”

 

Taemin smiled and bowed in courtesy before he turned swiftly on his heels and exited the throne room, with Krystal following behind him. The servants opened the grand doors for him, and afore he left, he turned to the Goddess with one last smile.

 

“I pray you well, Mother.”

 

With a flick of his hair that was sparkling beautiful, precious faerie dust, he was gone, now on his way to the academy to start his school day.