Strange

Demon & Angel—Forbidden Love

It had been a couple of weeks as Taemin and Minho were together during break and lunch, chatting happily with each other. The rest of the students were still suspicious about the Demon and made some rumors.

 

‘Taemin must have been brainwashed – it’s rare to see an Angel and a Demon to be friends!’

 

He is not brainwashed for goodness’ sake! He does not even remember seeing Minho do anything to him at all!

 

‘The Demon is using him to make the Goddess’ son turn against us!’

 

How? Taemin mused to himself with a small scowl. How in the world can he do that?

 

‘I bet that is seducing our Minho – that kiddie angel is going to get Hell ing him if he thinks he is going to change him.’

 

 

Taemin’s lips twitched at that rumor. Oh, really. ‘Seducing’… I should have asked Key-umma to take care of them.

 

‘They must be using the ‘friends’ thing to cover up the fact that they’re dating – they must have broken the rule!’

 

Okay, now that is downright ridiculous. I could never go out with Minho! Taemin mentally screamed in his head while banging his hand on the table. We are friends and nothing more!

 

Taemin looked at his bracelet, fiddling with the pendant as he sat alone at the table.

 

Friends

 

Why did his heart clench so much every time he hears that word? The light brunet shook it off, thinking that his mind must be playing tricks on him.

 

As he stared at the orange-red pendant, he began to think of the ‘Flaming Rose,’ and from the word ‘Flaming,’ he thought of elements:

 

  • Earth
  • Electric
  • Water
  • Fire
  • Air
  • Ice
  • Metal
  • Light
  • Darkness
  • Sound
  • Energy

 

The list could have gone on continuously, naming the rest of the elemental and physical abilities. However, two stuck out to him.

 

Fire and Ice.

 

Both remind him of Key and Minho for some odd reasons.

 

Key does ice magic.

 

Minho has a katana that lit up in flames.

 

Taemin rested his head and he thought constantly of the duo. He remembered Minho’s words, his voice echoing in his head,

 

“He felt familiar…like I’ve seen him before.”

 

What part of Key felt familiar? He did not understand. Why are there so many puzzles and mysteries that he needs to find out? Was this some kind of plan God was making him do? On the other hand, was there somebody in the back of his mind, telling him to solve all this?

 

He just did not know anymore – everything was just too confusing.

 

He felt a tap on his shoulder and he looked up to see Key behind me, his eyes filled with worry as he held two lunch boxes in his arms.

 

“Uhm, are you okay, Taeminnie?” He asked him awkwardly. The young angel does not blame him, who would go to the person whom you just told off for accusing their friend?

 

He nodded and looked away while the light haired just took his seat next to him. He pushed the paper lunch bag towards the boy and said, “I…I got you some bananas and made some fried squids and chicken as well as rice.”

 

Taemin was confused on this and softly thanked him before taking out his lunch. His eyes widened to see a small note attached to the lid. It said:

 

I am sorry, Taemin. Really! Will you forgive me?

 

The angel could not help but smile and looked at Key who was looking away from him, his cheeks tinted red and he took a bite of his apple (he noticed that he is always having them for lunch, the boy is skinny enough as it is), avoiding eye contact with him.

 

“…I’ll forgive you, Key-umma. Thank you for the lunch.”

 

“Mhpmh mhmmm~…” Was all the blond said – or mumbled – as he shoved another large bite of his apple, purposely making his mouth full so he wouldn’t dare say anything to the brunet.

 

Taemin could not help but giggle before he went onto eating his lunch, and thus, enjoying it.

 

Although, he had not seen Minho or Jonghyun that day, he did not mind. He would hope he get to see Minho the next day.

 

So he thought.

 


 

It was the next day at the academy and there was no signs of Minho. Students were secretly glad that the Demon was not around the Angel anymore, because that means he has not ‘brainwashed’ for long.

 

He has enough with that nonsense, so he glared at all beings for saying such rumors. During lunch, he decided to go and search for Jonghyun.

 

He found the male in the courtyard and went up to Jonghyun whose back was behind him.

 

“Jonghyun-hyung!” He called out as he stood behind him. The bleached haired demon turned around and Taemin could see the slight relief acting on his face, but some other emotions appeared as well.

 

Such as concern and worry for example.

 

“Taemin, I didn’t see you today!” Jonghyun exclaimed.

 

“Huh? I checked in this morning. Well, anyway, have you seen Minho-hyung?”

 

Jonghyun shook his head, “I was going to say the same for Key Kitty Cat. (Taemin snickered at the nickname, covering his mouth to hold in his laughter.) I have not seen him all day. Last I saw him was at break.”

 

That is strange. Key was never one to ditch school no matter how much he hates it and no matter how much of a diva he is.

 

“That’s strange… Key-umma would never ditch school. Other than him, I am concerned for Minho-hyung as well too. Last time I saw him, he was pale as a ghost.”

 

The latter bit his thumb, his eyebrows furrowing while his chocolate brown eyes burned with anxiety. His two loyal people were missing. Key was gone without a trace and Minho had suddenly disappeared.

 

Just what was happening?

 

“Did you think something happened?” Taemin asked and he shrugged.

 

“I have no clue. For Minho; when we are finished dealing with the guards, and you had successfully escaped, Minho was called to the Duke. I wanted to go with him, but he refused and he went alone… The Duke must have done something to him.” Jonghyun told him, pursuing his lips.

 

The light brunet bit his bottom lip at his words. That is right—Minho did go against his own clan. He could not have…received some brutal punishment, has he?

 

Then again, perhaps he was…he was…

 

No…no! That cannot happen! I cannot let that happen to him!

 

Jonghyun clicked his tongue, “Then for Key…I swear, if somebody touched him, I’ll make sure they’ll regret it. He’s my enemy and mine alone.”

 

Taemin could see the possessiveness in his voice, but he does not know that the possessiveness was masking a certain emotion that nobody would thought he was feeling for the blonde-haired Angel.

 

They both stared at each other before sighing. The two missing people were similar, Fire & Ice. Both claimed to have said that they seemed familiar around each other and both are missing on the same day.

 

Everything was just strange.

 


 

Okay, crappy chapter, and it is quite short too, I am sorry. >____> ;;;

 

However, I wrote this at like, 1:13 AM, I am tired, and my brain is slowly dying on me. I should get some sleep but I wanted to update this so like, urgh, you know.

 

Ow, my eyes burn. Okay, no seriously, I am going, goodbye and goodnight. Yay for chapter naming… Not.