Surprises

Demon & Angel—Forbidden Love

Going to school without Taemin was hard, so Key thought. In a matter of fact, it was beyond hard. It was just formidable.

 

Krystal had tried so many times to find any traces or clues left from either the Demons or the angel, but with no avail.

 

Onew was trying the best he could to carefully carry out the plan and not risk losing Taemin’s life.

 

Even the Goddess was doing her all, arranging meetings with the highest ranked Angels in the kingdom and the royal Angel warriors to come up with a simple plan that should go as subtle as the wind.

 

He was glad for all of that, but this was dragging on for so long. They were just too damn patient and slow.

 

He huffed, kicking a pebble so hard that it practically flew into the air. He sat down onto the grass as he watched all beings interact during lunch break. He could not understand a word the teachers were saying nor think during the lessons.

 

Yes, the Angels’ side had heard of the dreadful news of the ‘sleeping powers’ angel being captured by the Demons and they all panicked, but BoA simply told them not to worry as the Goddess is planning an motion.

 

Their guards may be up for Taemin’s sake, but chances are that they will not stand it any longer.

 

It was eccentric, feeling this way. He placed his hand over his heart, feeling the soft pounding of the muscle that beats oh so slowly.

 

Clank.

 

Key looked at his wrist to see the silver chain bracelet. He stared at the words engraved on the metal tag.

 

Frost.

 

He never knew where he came from nor has he found the reason why his heart was one tone darker than the Angels have.

 

He grew up, having these thoughts, and even now, they never seem to go away. It was as if he was a rare being. He assumed he is a Guardian Angel because his wings were glowing brighter than the Angels’ were and stretched out like a temple, so grand and majestic.

 

He shook his head, pushing all of that nonsense into the back of his black mind—he must not trouble himself so much, he has enough miseries as it is.

 

“Yah, you!” A voice called him out. The blonde-haired person groaned, fully aware of the owner of the source. He turned to see a pissed off Demon who, rather by ‘coincidence’, got a bruising red mark on his forehead and a pebble in his hand.

 

“What the do you want, Demon?”

 

He sneered, “You were the one who did this to me, did ya? You kicked this pebble right into my face, you feline !”

 

Key only stood up and brushed off his white jeans before jutting one hip out with his hands on his waist. “So? It wasn’t my intention—though I do think that it made a lovely appearance on that ugly face of yours.”

 

The demon gaped at him before he growled, his teeth baring fangs and his hazel eyes growing purple. “Kitty, , you want to fight? All right, it is on! I’ll make you suffer and give in to me!” Key could see that he has summoned his claws.

 

Humph, two can play that game. He thought with a smirk as his hands were engulfed with a bright pop!—they were in fighter’s gloves. Yes, Key does melee combat with ice magic. He has other powers, but he liked using these, even if it means using up all of his energy.

 

“Bring it on! I got all day to do this !” He taunted and prepared himself when the demon then lashed out at him. He was about to cast a spell, but he was surprised to see a sudden blur of a body appearing in front of him.

 

“What the?” He heard the demon cry out as a pair of arms— bare—blocked his claws. Key’s dark brown eyes widen when he recognized the familiarity of this person’s back.

 

D-Dino?

 

Not ‘Dino,’ but rather, Jonghyun himself.

 

“Tsk, breaking the school rules, I see,” he sneered and pushed the demon away, causing the latter to crash onto the grassy ground. All beings gathered around the trio to see what was with the commotion. His arms revealed neither scratch nor a mark from the claws. It is as if he remained perfect.

 

The demon groaned, holding his arm before glaring at the male. “Who the —who are you to come in between us, huh? Since when does a Demon help an Angel?”

 

The Demon students stared hushing him, their eyes wide with fear, mumbling, “You bastard, watch your mouth!” and “You’re an if you ing didn’t know who he is! He’s not just a Demon!”

 

Key was confused at the sudden change of atmosphere. It felt cold and bizarre that it sent the chills down his spine.

 

What is this aura? It’s so eerie and dark coming out from the male who had—surprisingly—saved him from getting into a fight and getting into trouble.

 

Jonghyun smirked and glared at the Demon, one of his eyes showing from underneath his bangs. The other demon gasped, seeing the change of atmosphere along with realization hitting him as if ice-cold water splashed onto his face.

 

The blonde-haired Angel was curious of what shocked them the most, so he went over to his side and took a glance. His eyes widened at the sight and almost stumbled back.

 

His eye that hid underneath his bangs was golden yellow. However, it was not any ordinary golden yellow. This golden yellow held a tint of red in the irises and his pupils matched the same as a cat’s eye—but more devilish. His horns, in which seems similar to the devil’s, were growing black, and he could see fangs extracting underneath his lips. His wings were out, spreading its limbs widely, and Key could see the bones in the skin, grimacing at the cracking it gave off when it stretched to a great amount.

 

“Me?” Key shuddered at his deep, husky tone. Even his voice sounded devilish as well. The male held his head up high with pride as he smirked, “I am merely Jonghyun, the hell of the devil.”

 


 

Beware the son of the devil, Jonghyun: the omnipotent Demon and best friend of Joon and Minho. (He is pretty much Sebastian from the Black Butler, with the whole devil reference.)

 

I would not much say unlimited powers (as that is what omnipotent means) but he could do anything at once—regardless of the difficulty of the task. Nevertheless, like his puppy eyes, he is very loyal to his friends, especially to those whom he cares. This goes to Minho.

 

He is the second feared demon—because he is the son of the Devil, (Devils are another type of Demons, alliances). The reason why he is feared is this—he never dies (again, references to Sebastian—I like him, okay?).

 

Say, for example, you aimed a sword at his head, and yet he managed to get up and plunge it out of his brain. Terrifying, is it? Yet, they had never aimed at his heart—many have tried, but because of his high wisdom and knowledge within his powers (like his senses had been enhanced and he is extremely clever), he was just far too good for them and they ended up being either defeated or killed. He was just far too difficult for them to capture.

 

Many do not understand why he was not the first to be the most feared demon. Jonghyun does—he (and you, maybe) knows that anger is the strongest weapon that was ever used in this world; anger destroys everything.

 

What does scare Demons the most when it comes to Jonghyun—his body is the weapon along with dual guns (his main) and throwing daggers (his secondary). In addition, he is too calm when he is in combat! (Once again, references to Black Butler)

 

Anyhow, skipping all the bad stuff about him.

 

Jonghyun is a puppy.

 

He is a dinosaur/puppy hybrid whose height has not grown once, not even one inch taller than Minho. He gets frustrated and easily goes into his temper mode whether it’s about his height, how he looks like a dinosaur, how he’s a ‘leftover’ or many other bad stuffs that was said against him or perhaps even ridiculous topics that makes him want to rip his hair out.

 

He’s Minho’s comfort zone as the male would come to him and blurt out his feelings—or perhaps cry out on his shoulder. He knew the reasons why Minho never liked executing either Demons or Angels, and why he hated getting his hands bloodied, so he kept that secret for the sake of him—besides, he is his best friend.

 

He is extremely playful and loves to tease Minho (even though Minho teases him back with the height jokes and all). Some finds it ridiculous and the whole ‘being playful and cute’ does not suit his image.

 

Few Demons find it cute. Most of them faint under his puppy dog eyes.

 

Female demons just totally want to get into his pants because ‘he’s y as ,’ so they say.

 

He looks to be around 22 years old, somewhere in his mid-twenties.

 

 

 

“Go on, shoo! There is nothing to see here! Yup, absolutely nothing to see here at all!” Jonghyun chimed cheerfully, shooing away the students who witnessed the commotion after getting off the demon. Key winced at the appearance of the latter, almost pitying him but knowing that he deserved it.

 

He was just full of bloody bruises. Wow, all of those high kicks, dodging and stabs really got him bad. He watched as they took the wounded student away to…somewhere.

 

Key then looked up at the dino-looking male who looked back at him with hard eyes. He glared back at the dark-haired male as well.

 

“I do not get you. You prevent me from getting into a fight and in return, beat up that for me. Damn it, Dino, I somewhat wish you were out of my way!” He hissed and brushed off the invisible dirt from his clothes.

 

Jonghyun huffed, “Well, I would prefer it if you didn’t call me a Dino! I just saved your life, so you should be thanking me, Key Kitty Cat,” He smirked when he earned a hiss from the latter.

 

“Whatever! Like the , I would care! Why did you do that, anyways? You were never one to care about academy rules. In a matter of fact, none of you guys cared about rules.”

 

The demon merely brushed off his shoulders and stepped close to the blonde-haired person. He spoke out, “Because I have something to say to you—about that little angel of yours.”

 

This caught his attention and Key unconsciously grabbed him by the collar, pulling him close as he stared at him, his eyes serious and hard, yet held an emotion of longing.

 

“What about Taemin? Did you do something to Minnie? I swear to God, I will kill you if you did!” He hissed.

 

Jonghyun chuckled, “Sadly, I was not there to hear the news of the capturing but I was surprised when I first found out. He’s doing well—and I’m not joking when I say this, but a Demon is taking care of him.” He never knew who was taking care of him—he just knew by the rumors that the angel was surviving in the prison cell because of some help.

 

The news shocked the light-haired male. A Demon is helping Taemin to survive in such a hellish condition. This is such a rare occasion; you do not get to see that every day you know. Just as this was a rare moment—Jonghyun had just helped Key from getting himself into deep trouble.

 

Eh?” He exclaimed, his grip on the demon’s shirt collar loosening. “Are you for ing real?”

 

He nodded with a small smile, his lips thinned, “That is what I have heard. If he has survived before, then he is still surviving even now. But do not waste your breath, he will die soon.”

 

Key narrowed his eyes at him, “No way will I let that happen, Dino. I will make sure he’ll come back—and he will come back alive.

 

The latter only smirked, and they stayed like that for a while. Key examined his face, and his eyes softened a bit. Now that he was not in that ‘Devil’ mode, he looked… rather handsome.

 

He could see that sharp outline of his jaw and the pale tone to his slightly tan skin. His body structure was quite muscular and he could see the biceps on his bare arms as he was wearing a black short-sleeved uniform shirt. His eyes were big and brown, resembling a bit like a puppy, but even so, altogether, he still looked like a dinosaur—one, handsome dinosaur.

 

“…You helped me,” Key whispered, the words leaving his soft, pink lips.

 

Jonghyun nodded, “Yes. I suppose I did.”

 

Why?”

 

The latter could only smirk and take hold of Key’s hand, prying his loosened grasp of his collar.

 

“Just because.”

 

Key growled and tried to pound his hands into his chest but was unable to do so because of the demon taking hold of his hands.

 

“Damnit, Dino, tell me the reason!”

 

“Because only I can fight you.”

 

This surprised him, and it surprised him even more to see his face so dangerously close to his.

 

“Only I fight you and nobody else. You are my loyal enemy that I would love to play with,” said Jonghyun as he smirked at the Angel.

 

Ba-bump…

 

Key’s eyebrows furrowed, ignoring the thuds of his heart as the demon released his hold of his hands.

 

Ba-bump…

 

Strange, why can he still feel his touch lingering on his fingers?

 

“You’re my favorite kitty that I want to mess with and hate,” He paused for a moment before he said; “I did it, because I don’t want to see people getting hurt, whether it’s on the academy or outside of the academy.”

 

His eyes widen at the answer, and they went even wider when he first saw a genuine smile from the demon.

 

Ba-bump…

 

“Hurting people is my job—it’s not fun if somebody did it other than me~!” He chimed happily.

 

Clench—

 

Key felt a vein pounding in anger on his temple as he glared at the demon in front of him, raising a shaking fist as if he wanted to smack him upside on the head. “Yah, you—you really have no sympathy for anybody at all,” he deadpanned, his eyebrows twitching in infuriation.

 

The demon shrugged with a wide grin, looking more like a puppy rather than a dinosaur, “Hey, torturing people is my pleasure, but I hate it when someone plays with something that is mine. Like you, for example. You are my enemy, and mine alone,” Jonghyun stated with a smirk playing his lips, his eyes never leaving the Angel.

 

“Plus,” he mumbled, his eyes now averting to the chain on Key’s wrist, “I will be your baleful adversary who will catch you from getting fatal injuries by someone who is not me.” Then he bowed in courtesy, his arm over his waist as he acted like a butler before he looked up at the angel with a devilish grin. “I, Jonghyun, am your loyal puppy, who will find you no matter how far and wide you are—because you are my mortal enemy.”

 

The younger angel’s cheeks were stained light pink as he cannot believe that those words were coming out of his mouth and the actions he was doing—and from a Demon at that!

 

Although it is endearing when he admitted that he looked like a puppy (and he was surprised to see that he was not joking, he does look like one!)

 

The demon then stood up straight and stretched his arms up in the air, his wings rustling as it opened up and stretched out as well, the male letting out a soft grunt. “Whatever, you’re welcome, I guess. Bleh, I hate saying that word.”

 

Key paid no mind to what he said as his words went from one ear and out the other. He was in a state of pure surprise. So many things just surprise him to no end.

 

He watched as the demon swiftly his heels and walked off for his class, his hands behind his head.

 

“See you later,” he called out, but not before stopping in his track and looking back at the light haired male with a sly smirk, his chocolate brown eyes sparkling. “…Key.”

 

Key could not form words to say anything; his mouth was open in shock to hear him actually say his preferred name. Jonghyun let out a mischievous giggle before he was gone in a blur, currently on the way to his lessons.

 

Ba-bump…

 

The Guardian Angel ran his fingers through his blond hair in frustration and walked off, “Damnit, that Dino! How dare he use my name without permission?”

 

Ba-bump…

 

“But… he helped me… he even informed me of Taemin’s wellbeing… if Minnie is really doing okay, then it will be easier to do our plan!”

 

Ba-bump…ba-bump—Oh, shut the up, heart! I do not understand you!

 

He stopped at the doors, getting ready to get into the Angels’ side of the academy. He bit his lip, his cheeks turning faint pink and whispered these words into thin air,

 

“Thank you… Jonghyun.

 

Ba-bump.

 

That was the last of his blushing white heart as the angel vanished between the doors. His heart contained all of this surprising moments but it will never know when it will be able to hold in more. It will never know when it will be able to see him again.