Angel

Demon & Angel—Forbidden Love

 

 

Yes, the song playing the background is EXO – Angel (Music Box Version).

 


 

“You guys are ridiculous,” Key deadpanned as he stood in front of Onew with an annoyed Krystal hovering beside him, her thin, sparkling wings fluttering like crazy just to keep her afloat. He was clearly impatient and as far as he knows, time is running out.

 

Only one more day left until they announce the news that they executed the son of the Goddess.

 

“A day left. Onew-hyung, you have better finished off the plan or I’d cut you up,” Key hissed.

 

Onew held out his hands in defense to calm the blond—whose hairstyle had changed as instead of the usual blond, it seems more lighter as if it was white than just blond alone.

 

“Okay, okay! Calm down, we will save Taemin. Trust me! Ok, so here’s the plan.” The brunet took a deep breath before he continued on, “We’ll have 20 Angel Warriors with us, along with Key to help us out in because he’s our most wanted objective to get Taemin out. We will break in, and if a fight occurs, we will fight. During that, Key will slip into the kingdom and try to avoid as many eyes as possible from the Demons to search for Taemin.

 

“We’ll be sure to create some distractions so he’ll be able to get in safely.”

 

“Explain to me why I am the only one who’s doing that crazy stunt?” Key asked, along with Krystal who nodded, who also thought it was just nonsense to leave Key to do the search alone while there could be many other Demons left behind from the fight.

 

“Because we all know how much you want to see Taemin and if I do not put you into the plan, you would go ballistic.”

 

…He has a point there.

 

The blonde-haired Guardian Angel sighed and shrugged, “Okay, okay, whatever you say, Onew-hyung. But it better work!”

 

Onew nodded, “Trust me, it will.

 

Therefore, Key left the throne room, leaving him behind while he walked down the hallway to the vacant ballroom.

 

“I’ll go and inform Amber about the plan, okay?” Key nodded. Yes, he knew of Krystal’s relationship to Amber—after all, the rule did not apply to faeries.

 

In fact, ever since the fire faerie came here for a ‘visit’, he already got the hint when Krystal was so excited to see her lover once again.

 

Only Taemin did not notice the signs they were showing.

 

He sighed, a small smile on his face.

 

Maybe he is naïve

 

As he was making his way down to the ballroom, he began to think of…things.

 

How is Taemin holding up? I hope he is not hurt too badly. Those Demons bastards will die if I saw one splatter of blood on my son’s pretty face… and his hair…

 

Key frowned as he remembered his long hair.

 

Sigh, when will he cut it? I feel sorry remembering the day he fell into heartbreak… and yet he is still growing out his hair.

 

His thoughts quickly switched onto the demon Jonghyun mentioned of, the one who helped him to survive in the Demons kingdom.

 

It is strange… he is one of his friends, yet he does not mention his name. I wonder who he was…

 

Then he went onto Jonghyun, the images of that dino-looking demon flooding his head…

 

He could not forget even the simplest details of his appearance:

 

  • His big, round, sparkling, chocolate brown eyes (bling bling~).
  • His dorky, dinosaur-like grin.
  • His sharp jawline and nose.
  • His muscles (oh, his muscles! If you had not seen his biceps, then you will never understand his concerns).
  • His hair—he liked how his bleached blonde hair felt so soft underneath his fingertips. Damn it made him want to touch it again (He is like a child aching for ice cream, geez). How ironic is that Key has the same hair color as him?
  • His slightly tanned skin; he also liked the feel of it underneath his touch as well.
  • Key did not want to admit it, but he found that little mole on his right chest (he peeked at it yesterday—his shirt had a few buttons out okay?) cute.
  • In addition, why is he listing the things that appeal so greatly to him?

 

He needs to stop that… but even so…

 

He felt a pang in his chest as he abruptly stopped in his tracks, looking out the window, the brilliantly blue sky in front of him as his feline eyes stared at the blue canvas with wonder.

 

I have not heard anything from him at school today… It is as if he was never there since yesterday.

 

It was weird. Why was he thinking of him even now?

 

He shook his head, shaking the said Demon out of his head.

 

It was none of his concerns to be worrying over him. He can take care of himself as far as he knows.

 

He walked further down when he heard small footsteps. Key furrowed his eyebrows at the sound.

 

It sounded like a child, hearing the rapid tapping, but he could not assume it is, considering that it was just down the hallway and it sounded so far away.

 

He looked down the corridor.

 

Except that, nobody is in his sight.

 

Strange, he thought with a pull of his face. I thought someone would be running in front of me.

 

Then, a melody came playing down the hallway. This caught his attention as he stared down the hallway he was supposed to be going into for the ballroom.

 

That sounds like a music box playing…Taemin!

 

He knew that sometimes, Taemin might as well play a music box in his hand and listen to the soft melody. However, this melody is different. It could not be Taemin.

 

Taemin always listen to the same melody…he would never change it…

 

It was as if the music was beckoning him to follow the sound, his feet carrying him to its destination as he made his way to the ballroom.

 


 

He stood in front of the grand doors, the melody no longer playing as he first took step to his destination. He heard shuffling from the inside and this made him anxious.

 

He pushed opened the doors and he found himself staring down the ballroom only to see a figure standing in the middle of the ballroom, his back to him.

 

He peered at the figure.

 

He is wearing black, and he has silver blond hair…

 

He gasped silently as he finally recognized the person.

 

Jonghyun?

 

He could only stand there as the melody that was playing before played again.

 

He stepped into the ballroom, the doors slowly closing behind him softly as he stood there, the demon turning around to face him, his eyes full of warmth. In his arms was a wooden music box, a ballerina slowly spinning as the melody played.

 

Key could not tell if they are enemies or not, with the way he is acting around him.

 

He walked over to the blonde-haired Angel, who stayed there as if someone glued his feet to the floor, his hands clasped and held close to his chest as he watched the demon coming near with wide eyes.

 

Jonghyun was now standing in front of the angel; the music box was immobile in his arms, a small smile on his face.

 

“…How did you get in here?”

 

He only smirked and said, “I see you changed your hair. You liked mine so much that you decided to copy me?”

 

“Damnit Dino, answer my question!”

 

“You liked the melody?”

 

“Yes—I mean, no—I mean—urgh! Just tell me how the did you get inside!”

 

“I have my ways… plus…”

 

Jonghyun then smiled warmly at the Guardian Angel as he said this: “You were calling for me.”

 

Key’s face had an expression of shock, his cheeks red at the statement. However, the bleached haired demon swiftly turned away and arrogantly said,

 

“But I’m not here for you, I’m here about Taemin.”

 

His shoulders dropped and his hands turned into fists as he felt his vein popping in anger. Why that little—

 

“Oh.”

 

Oh?

 

Oh?

 

 OH?

 

Is that all you can say to that Kibum?!

 

“You know that you are running out of time right? Taemin’s head will be on the floor before you know it.”

 

The Guardian Angel clenched his teeth and he turned Jonghyun around by pulling him back on his shoulder, roughly turning him before he pointed a finger at his face, startling the demon a bit.

 

“You will not touch a single hair of him. I’d kill you before you get a chance to.”

 

“You can’t kill me, Kitty. I can’t die.”

 

He scoffed, not believing this. How can he not die? Everyone can die instantly by just getting a sword going through his or her heads.

 

“Yeah, right, I don’t believe you.”

 

Jonghyun shrugged, “Fine, don’t believe me. I guess you don’t need my help with the plan.”

 

His eyes widened and he quickly grabbed his arm before he was able to leave through the window. “Wait, wait, wait, I do need your help! I need you to help me locate Taemin when I am inside. I can’t risk running into any Demons while finding and I might be too late if that happens…”

 

Jonghyun smiled and ruffled his hair, causing the diva him to come out and yell out from messing up his hair. He chuckled darkly in amusement, watching the blond fix up his hair before he spoke, “I’ll tell you what you have to do.”

 

Key nodded, and he kept his next words in mind:

 

“Tomorrow’s your last chance. Do not ruin the plan, Key.”

 

Thus, the melody had ended.