1 Week Left

Demon & Angel—Forbidden Love

It has been a week.

 

Key bit his thumb, becoming uneasy of this.

 

One week.

 

Jonghyun’s words were echoing in his head when he came to him again to inform Taemin’s wellbeing:

 

“He is dying soon. Two weeks, Kitty, he is dying within two weeks. Your bratty Angels are sure taking your sweet time, are they not?”

 

After having received the news, he quickly went to inform the Goddess after school. She panicked from the sudden schedule for her son’s death, of course, but kept her calm and informed Onew to start finalizing the plan immediately.

 

One week has passed, so one more week is left. Key prayed for Taemin’s safety every day, hoping that they could save him just in time.

 

Then, even so, Jonghyun told him of another incident that flabbergasted him:

 

“Taemin is well and alive. Hell, he is even receiving training from my friends! Do not worry, it is just minor basic training with abilities and weapons, we are not going further into our ways of training. We are all comfortable around him.”

 

Comfortable.

 

That is the first time a Demon like him said he was comfortable around Taemin.

 

He began to think about it; just what is so pleasing about Taemin that attracts him and his friends, not for lust, but for comfort?

 

He needs to see him, and he could hardly give a if Angels and Demons found it strange to have two different beings talking to each other, in fact, he does not even know if the duo were friends.

 

Friends.

 

Why was that word so comfortable in his mind? Well, other than being a loophole to the rule, he could not help but want to be friends with him, even though they will always remain enemies.

 

“I will be your baleful adversary who’ll catch you from getting fatal injuries by someone who is not me.”

 

His words from few days ago echoed in his mind, and his cheeks grew red.

 

Catching me from fatal injuries from someone who is not him. Just what do they mean? He thought while poking his reddened cheeks, his fingers digging into his flesh.

 

“I, Jonghyun, am your loyal puppy, who will find you no matter how far and wide you are—because you are my mortal enemy.”

 

No matter how far I am, he would find me…

 

How? I do not even know what powers he has to get that ability!

 

“Because only I can fight you.”

 

Key huffed and ruffled his head, messing up his blond hair as he groaned in frustration.

 

“I don’t understand at all! Why is he popping up into my head? Goddamnit!

 

He felt the eyes of glaring Angels and he glared right back at them as he hissed, “Oh, off! As if you had never heard me say that in the past couple of weeks!”

 

He has a point as the Angels’ cheeks were pink in embarrassment and shyly walked away. They heard him say that so many times, and yet they do that.

 

Key sighed and looked down at his lap, his mind disturbed with thoughts of the Dino.

 

, even calling him Dino does not seem to roll off his tongue as easily anymore. Ever since he said his name, it is as if ‘Jonghyun’ just matched him so perfectly, that it stayed there, glued into his little brain.

 

The blonde-haired Guardian shook his head and stood up abruptly, wanting to find the Demon as soon as possible. He must ask him questions.

 

For that reason, he searched for him.

 


 

He searched for him. During lunch break, he had searched for him. He did not even bother pay attention to the skeptical eyes from the Angels and confused looks from Demons. His mind only concentrated on one thing.

 

Kim Jonghyun.

 

(A/N: Ignore the ‘Kim’; they do not have last names until modern time. Moreover, do not ask questions of the modern time, until then, you will know. I am spoiling nada!)

 

Why is it that he could not find him anywhere?

 

He huffed, stomping his foot. He had never felt so frustrated all of his life. Man, he need to see Taemin, he is practically his lifeline and his remedy to keep him sane.

 

“Damnit, where is that…Dino?” Oh, this is just great. He could not put that word into a full sentence, instead, he’s trailing off in between. “Where can I find him? Where is he?”

 

“Where is who, Kitty?” Key jumped at the voice in his ear and quickly turned to give him a () slap, but his hand stopped as soon as he saw whom it was.

 

 

Jonghyun?

 

His eyes widen at his change of appearance—instead of that chocolate brown hair, he had his hair bleached blonde, and his chocolate brown eyes remained the same, but they seems to be more sharp and shined—no, sparkled—more.

 

About Jonghyun being rather handsome…

 

that, He is breathtakingly handsome.

 

Besides, not only his appearance surprises him, but also as soon as he called out his name, he was there.

 

Is this what he meant by finding me no matter where I am going? He thought about it as his heart thudded with excitement, his face flushed red. He does not know, but at least it was one part of the riddle.

 

He felt the demon caressing his hand as he pressed it close to his cheek.

 

Key was in awe; he could feel the softness of his skin and it was very different in what he had in mind since his jaw was so sharp.

 

He looked around and he realized that he was alone with him, in the hallway that leads him to the Demon’s side of the academy.

 

I was so frustrated that I even thought of going there. What is wrong with me?

 

“You called me, so I came. What’s the problem?” Key was shocked at how his voice was laced with softness, his lips holding an genuine smile—just as he did when he first saved Key from getting into trouble.

 

“I…” He could not speak. His eyes trailed over to his hand that were the demon’s cheek and hesitantly pulled it away.

It was strange, but he did not want to leave his skin—it was just pleasing to the tips of his fingers. Yet, he pulled away—hesitantly.

 

Key cleared his throat and looked away, wrapping his arms around himself, feeling a bit reserved—what, reserved? The diva never feels reserved.

 

“…You changed your hair.”

 

Jonghyun smiled and pinched his bleached hair, “I thought I need a change. The color brown, black and blonde was tiring as I see the same hair color in our kingdom like it is a natural thing. It’s nice to go with something new.”

 

The Guardian Angel stayed quiet, but was surprised when he was asked, “You like it?”

 

Key scoffed, “As if! It just made your dino face stand out more!”

 

I like it. I really do… He wanted to say that, but he could not muster the courage to say that to him in front of his face. Moreover, it was just wrong to say that to a Demon.

 

The demon smirked and nudged, “Oh, c’mon. The ladies totally fell for me.”

 

“By the ladies, I think you meant those pretty s of yours, not the females from all of us.”

 

Wait a second. Was he going off-topic?

 

Oh hell to the no.

 

“Anyways, I want to talk to you.”

 

Then to his cursed luck, the bell rung, signaling for his next class to begin. Curse you bell! I just had him at a very good moment!

 

He sighed and told the angel, “Sorry Kitty, but can’t it wait for another day? My class is about to start and I really don’t want to be scolded by Master Kyuhyun for being late.”

 

He sidestepped Key and was about to walk down the hallway into his side, but he was stopped by a hand grabbing his wrist. His face remained indifferent as he tried to contain his surprise when Key said:

 

Please, Jonghyun. I need to talk to you. I need you to answer my questions.”

 

It was the first time he heard his mortal enemy call him by his name instead of ‘Dino’. It was somewhat…sweet.

 

He looked at Key to see his brown eyes pleading him, and judging from his voice, he was that desperate.

 

He looked back down the hallway for a moment before turning to Key with a sigh, squeezing his hand tightly in response. Key trembled, holding his hand back as if hoping, hoping that he would at least make up a time to meet up.

 

Please.

 

Jonghyun stared at him for a while before lolling his head to the side, a small smile on his face as he answered the angel.

 

“…Let’s meet up at the courtyard behind this building after school. We cannot discuss this matter here and now otherwise others will start getting suspicious of us. That time would be good since it’ll have fewer students.”

 

Key’s heart swelled with relief and he could not help but smile and—without realizing it—hug the demon. This surprised him gently, but…he liked it. His heart sped up when the angel buried his face into his chest, mumbling a ‘thank you’ to the demon.

 

He did not know why, but he found himself hugging him back, his arms wrapped around his thin figure.

 

They hugged each other tightly, actually enjoying each other’s warmth. Key hummed in delight, his eyes closed as he clutched onto the back of his shirt, holding him tight.

 

“Thank you,” he told him again, his voice sincere.

 

Jonghyun chuckled at his gestures, rubbing circles in his back in their embrace.

 

With that action done, Key’s eyes snapped open and forcefully pushed him away, going back into his stubborn self.

 

“W-Whatever, let’s meet up after school. If you are not there by then, I will kill you,” he threatened before he stomped off, walking the opposite direction for his class.

 

Jonghyun was standing there, looking thunderstruck before a dark chuckle escaped between his lips.

 

“And that is why I adore you, my loved enemy.”