Questions Ⅱ

Demon & Angel—Forbidden Love

After having the teacher scolding vividly for being late to his class, he could not help but be impatient with the time. He has two classes to deal with and the time is not growing anywhere near the sun setting.

 

He was so glad he was already in his last lesson—he must meet up with a certain Demon after school.

 

He tapped his foot underneath his desk, his head propped up by his hand, his arm supported by his elbow on the table as he mindlessly listened to the teacher.

 

In fact, he was not paying attention to Leeteuk-sunbae at all. He was just playing with his pencil, twisting it around his fingers. He even doodled on the corners of his notebook. He looked to his left to see that vacant seat by the window—Taemin’s seat.

 

Sigh.

 

Without him here in the academy, his lessons seems to bore him no matter how hard he tried to concentrate on or try to make it into something fun.

 

Nevertheless, I must admit, Key thought as he chewed onto the eraser of the pencil. His hair suits him.

 

By him, he meant Jonghyun.

 

Maybe I should change mine too, or maybe color it? Sky blue would be perfect for my bangs! Or maybe I’d make my hair light blonde and style it differently, or—

 

A ruler slammed down his desk, startling the angel as he cried out, “I wasn’t daydreaming!”

 

He shut up his mouth when he heard the sound of laughter around him and slowly looked up to see a displeased Leeteuk, the ruler in hand.

 

“Oh really? So that means you weren’t paying attention in class then?”

 

He hung his head down low and mumbled, “Sorry Leeteuk-sunbaenim, I won’t do it again.”

 

The elder clicked his teeth and walked back to his desk as he spoke out, “You better. Don’t let me see you daydreaming again, Kibum-ssi.”

 

The class went back into their lesson, leaving the blond in his breath between his teeth, his nose scrunched up in annoyance.

 

At least I did not get detention—aish!

 


 

As soon as the bell had rung for the end of the school day, Key packed up his things and literally flew out of the classroom.

 

Even though it may take some time for all of the students to go home, he wasted no minutes.

 

He had arrived at the courtyard on time, his ankles ticklish from the brushing blades of grass.

 

They felt surprisingly soft, so he decided to sit down and wait for the Demon. He took the bag off his shoulders and laid it right next to him as he held his knees to his chest.

 

Underneath the orange sky, there is an angel sitting in the courtyard, the buildings all around him. He closed his eyes, feeling the soft wind brush against his cheek as he waited for Jonghyun.

 

Everything was just peaceful…

 

“Yah Kitty!”

 

…Only to be ruined.

 

Key felt the harsh poking of a finger on his cheek, the boy becoming irritated with each poke.

 

“Yah, yah, yah, yah, wake up! Yah, Kitty! Kitty~ Kitty—”

 

One feline eye snapped open, glowing ice blue as he glared at him coldly, “Poke me again and I’ll make sure you’ll lose that finger and that tiny of yours.”

 

“Wha—yah, my isn’t tiny! Stop saying that as if I’m short!”

 

He lifted his head up to see the demon pouting at him. He rolled his eyes, the irises draining back into its original color as he spoke, “Uh, for your information, you are short, idiot.”

 

Jonghyun heaved out a deep sigh before saying, “Aish, I’m not going to be here if we are going to do some silly talk, I promised Taemin to teach him about speed and concentration.”

 

Huh?

 

He was about to stand up but Key caught him by his wrist, forcing him to sit down next to the angel. “Aish, you are not going anywhere, Dino! I got some things I need to ask you.”

 

Jonghyun smirked as he made himself comfortable in the grass as he gestured for him to go on with the questions. “Fire away,” he offered, inviting Key to ask him anything.

 

The angel took a deep breath before answering, “You know when you came me about the deadline for Taemin’s death,” he paused, seeing the demon nod at this before he continued on, “You also told me that you felt comfortable around him.”

 

He was saying this carefully to the male, just in case if it is something he was uncomfortable with and wishes not to answer the question.

 

“Why are you so pleased in his presence?”

 

Jonghyun looked at him for a moment before sighing, crossing his arms over his chest as he looked away, staring at nothing.

 

“You know, I don’t know. My best friend—the one who helped him survive—also does not know why as he seems to be talking a lot to him, probably more than he does to us. He is never like that around others, y’know.

 

“But it’s strange, really. Whenever I look at that boy, I cannot help but feel… refreshed? Did I feel relieved? Calm? I do not know, it is hard to explain but instead or torturing him or using him, as I should be, I feel like he is my younger brother, despite him being an Angel, that is. I teach him the appropriate things he needed to know and it is nice to see him smiling.

 

“In fact,” he paused, causing the blonde-haired Angel to tilt his head in curiosity as he waited for his response. Jonghyun then looked at Key, locking eyes with him.

 

His eyes held a hint of joy—no darkness or evil, but joy.

 

Key’s eyes went slightly wide, his face masking a surprised expression when he heard him say this:

 

“When he smiles, he makes me want to smile along with him. Not in a fake way, but in a genuine way.”

 

That… was the most touching answer I have ever heard in my entire life—I should just hug him right now!

 

Key kept his posture though and nodded, “I see…does he know it himself?”

 

The demon chuckled, “I don’t think so, and my friends probably don’t think so either. In addition, he had received his first power, so he does not really understand why. He’s so naïve.”

 

That is true…he is quite a naïve person

 

“I know, I know, it’s crazy. Still, his aura is exceptional; he is different from any other Angels. Even though his heart is white and his glow is like snow, his aura is like mingling with us. Don’t get me wrong, we did nothing to tempt him to join the Demon Kingdom, it’s just felt like that.”

 

Key bit his lips as he let the answer sink deep into his head. How… cute.

 

“Well, that answers your question. Any more questions left?”

 

“Uhm, yes,” Key awkwardly said, shifting his seat position, his legs sprawled out comfortably on the grass.

 

“Why did you help me and what do you mean by that you can only fight me?”

 

“Well, because I didn’t want you to get into trouble with the sides and having both the Duke and the Goddess to punish you in different ways, so I had to. And the whole thing about the other question; you are my sworn enemy, it’s not fair when someone else has to fight you.” Jonghyun told him with a pout.

 

Key rolled his eyes as this and said, “Bull. What would you do if other enemies want to fight me? You should know that by now.”

 

The angel moved away slightly when Jonghyun let out a dark growl and brought his face so dangerously close to his, their noses touching. He gulped audibly when he gazed into those eyes of his, seeing them flicker into golden yellow.

 

They were yelling out ‘overprotective to the male.

 

“Then they’ll have to go through me first.” Even his voice was dark and threatening with a hint of possessiveness.

 

“W-Why are you so interested in me? I mean, yeah, we fought a lot, but to see you like this…” He trailed off. The bleached haired demon pulled back (Key was glad for this as he was able to breathe) and sighed.

 

“I don’t know. All I know is that you are my enemy and I really hate it when somebody plays with something that is mine.”

 

Gosh, it is déjà vu to ‘This toy is mine!’ ‘No, it’s mine!’ like two stubborn children arguing over one toy.

 

“Are we done here?” He asked, feeling a bit impatient. He does have to go and teach his Minnie anyways.

 

“Just one more question,” Key requested before he took a breath and confidently looked at the demon straight in the eyes. “Can I touch your face again?”

 

He was surprised with the request, but he did not say no. They both stayed silent, but Key made the first move, his hand going up to his cheek.

 

Oh, good lord was it soft!

 

He was once again, in awe as his fingers danced on the demon’s skin. He ignored his chuckles and let himself fall into the softness.

 

His fingers went everywhere: his nose, his chin, his forehead, and his ears (in which pierced an earring through the flesh and made him look cooler), his eyelids and his cheeks. Hell, he even got a feel of his bleached blonde hair and was surprised that his locks were soft as well.

 

(A/N: Like Taemin, like Key—Like Minho, like Jonghyun. Aish, these four people…)

 

Then his fingers stopped over his lips. They were plump and slightly pink and kissable. It was then; he saw his face coming close.

 

His heart thudded, his widened feline eyes unable to leave his calm chocolate brown orbs as he grew near.

 

In the courtyard, there was no one but two beings, growing close as if they were to kiss.

 

Key’s breath mixed in with Jonghyun’s warm gasp as their noses touched slightly. His lips were just inches away, coming closer towards him.

 

W-What is this? I should move! Yet I cannot! Why can I not move, goddamnit?

 

His pounding white heart ignored Key’s panicked mind, as their lips were just about to touch. His heart jumped when their lips only brushed slightly, nearly feeling the softness of them.

 

Then Jonghyun smirked.

 

“You do realize I need to go for training right?”

 

Feeling betrayed and annoyed, Key let out a cat-like screech as his eyes then glowed icy blue, fully aware of the situation they were in before he whispered, grabbing the collar of the Demon’s shirt.

 

“I will you up so hard.”

 

The next thing you know, a blood-curling scream echoed in the academy as he met the fate of an icy hand to the face.

 

Ouch.