Remembrance

Demon & Angel—Forbidden Love

Warning: short chapter or not. I am just sayin’, y’know. (」゚ロ゚)」

 


 

Four days.

 

He had not seen Minho for four days as he wandered around the Demon Kingdom, his feet carrying wherever he was going. He knew what Minho wanted—even though he was back, he was still a bit out of it, so he left the kingdom with the permission from the Duke—in other words, his Father—in which he gladly gave him and let him go into the village to stay over with a very close friend.

 

He knew he need to sort his mind back into place—after all, he did do the things he hated to do on anybody.

 

His mind then droned onto the last day with him. It was the last time he saw him before left afterwards. He smiled at the memory as he mindlessly walked in the dark hallway.

 


 

Taemin opened his eyes and looked up to see the sleeping demon in front of him, his arms still around his waist. He smiled a bit; it was nice knowing that Minho needed someone.

 

He found it cute when Minho was whining, acting like a child when he hugged him tightly, begging him not to go back into his cell and leave him there. After he stopped crying, he practically lifted the angel up and forced him into bed with him after he refused.

 

(Okay, that sounds so wrong, but it is nothing like that!)

 

However… it was weird, being in this position.

 

His heart was racing like crazy, his cheeks red from the closeness the duo had. They had met only two weeks ago and they became this close in such a short time.

 

Not only that, but he was even thinking that Minho’s sleeping face looked like an angel. An Angel. Do you compliment that on a Demon? Of course not!

 

So how is that even possible?

 

He stared at his peaceful face, tracing his skin with his fingers as he pressed their foreheads together, smiling at him with reddened cheeks.

 

“Minho-hyung…the sun is up. It’s morning.” He took notice of the black sun out of the window, but even though the color was different to the one he used to see in his side of the kingdom, it still shone its normal sunrays.

 

His face scrunched up and pull the covers up over his head, “Go away sun, I don’t want you here!”

 

Taemin could not help but laugh, sitting up on the bed and shaking him, “C’mon, it’s not that bad.”

 

Ugh, all I want is my sleep.”

 

The light brunet could not help but chuckle at that before remains of yesterday flooded his mind, his smile slowly fading as he stared at the demon who sat up, rubbing his eyes.

 

He knew he should not ask, but he had to know.

 

“…How many?”

 

Minho looked at the angel who looked back at him with concerned eyes. His eyes dulled a bit as he remembered the horrendous event.

 

Taemin bit his lower lip as he then added, “You do not have to say it if you feel uncomfortable. I mean, we could always talk—”

 

“Thousands.”

 

The Angel choked on his saliva in the middle of speaking, clutching onto the bed sheets.

 

Oh God.

 

“I killed thousands of them. I do not know how much I killed compared to Joon, but I know that I killed thousands. I killed enough to coat myself in their blood.”

 

He tsk’ed as he looked away, holding his temple. “Their blood tasted awful. They all tastes like sins and crime. Just like what I have done to them.”

 

Taemin stood silent, looking at him with worried eyes as he saw him go into the deepest part of his memories.

 

“I cannot forget them. That little girl with her family. I cannot forget their scared eyes as they backed into a corner. I cannot forget hearing their shrill pleads to give them some mercy,” he whispered, his eyes glistening. “…It was a family of six—three older boys, one little girl.”

 

Taemin’s hand flew up to his mouth to stifle the sounds of his gasps, his eyes wide at the cruel description. “Oh, god, Minho—”

 

“A family, Taemin. It is a ing hell of a family. Why did I kill them? It is because they refused to obey my Father and pay the damn taxes.

 

“I had never felt so sorry when I was doing it. Only the little girl was left, as far I can remember.”

 

Taemin heard him take a heavy breath and let him continue from his point-of-view as he then said, “She was crying and clutching onto her doll like . ‘Please, do not kill me! I promise to be good like Mama and Daddy, please don’t—’ that’s the last of her when I beheaded her.”

 

The young angel placed his hand on his forehead, feeling a slight pounding pain in his skull as he took in all this information. Just imagining the scene was brutal enough. His mind flashed back to the little girl’s head that lay by his feet, the color red splattered on her face.

 

She had lovely green eyes, with long red hair to match…

 

“Taemin,” his voice snapped him out of his thoughts, the angel now looking at Minho who stared at him with serious eyes. “I’m leaving here for four days. I…I need to be away from here.”

 

The angel nodded in understanding, he knew that he could not relieve the event if he stayed in a place where he had just executed a family.

 

Nevertheless, his heart drooped at the thought of not seeing him for four days.

 

“In the meantime… do you want to take a bath with me?”

 

Minho chuckled at the angel’s reaction as he moved away from him, getting off the bed, his face flushed red whilst he shook his head in refusal frantically.

 

“Oh c’mon, it won’t be that bad! Actually, you do deserve a bath since you hadn’t taken one since day one in that hellhole.”

 

Really?

 

Taemin took a whiff of himself, smelling his armpits before scrunching his nose at the horrid smell. Wowza! Since when had the smell become this bad?

 

Seeing that he had no choice, he sighed and said, “…Fine. I’ll take that stupid bath with you.”

 


 

The sound of his boots tapping on the wooden floor of the royal hallway stopped as the boy was in front of a large mirror that hung on the wall.

 

Taemin stared at his reflection and pinched his hair. It has grown longer than usual that he actually had to go on put it into a ponytail.

 

He tucked at the hems of his white shirt in which he had recently changed into. It was another one Minho ‘found’ for him before he left.

 

It disgusted him, but he was grateful in the end anyways.

 

He chuckled softly as his mind then wandered to the memory of the duo in the bath together.

 

“Argh, Minho-hyung, stop it!” Taemin squealed when Minho playfully splashed water all over him.

 

“Nope, I’ll keep doing it!”

 

“Why you!” The angel, as revenge, splashed more water on the demon than Minho had used on him, clearly soaking the dark-haired male completely.

 

Minho sputtered, “Oi! That is not fair!” He got a taunting look in return from the angel, his tongue sticking out at him while the demon pouted at this.

 

Who said that they are too old for such silly activities like that?

 

They continued their fun bath time like that, enjoying bubbles and playing water games until the end when Minho finally had to leave the kingdom.

 

“At least I felt clean back then…” he mumbled to himself as he looked at the mirror image of him, staring into his own, sparkling brown eyes before narrowing his eyes at his hair, his eyebrows furrowing in annoyance as he touched his soft, brown locks.

 

“Aish, why am I still growing my hair out when I know that he doesn’t like me? I should just forget about it.”

 

However, I cannot. I want him. I need him.

 

Let us just say he had a past love with an Angel when he was younger.

 

The memory brought him misery so he shook it away and walked on, carrying on with his exploring around the kingdom, acting like a happy kid on a big adventure as he went with a grin on his face.

 

All that matters is that I have two more days until the end of the week.

 

Two days until my death.