Dove & Blackbird

Demon & Angel—Forbidden Love

Taemin sat at his table, alone as he stared at his lunch. His eyes were red and swollen, and very few had taken notice of them, but did not dare ask.

 

It cannot be true, was all he could ever think of now. His brown irises averted from his food to the person that passed him by.

 

Black hair…

 

His eyes looked back down at his lunch after realizing that it was Minho. He did not look his way this time either.

 

“What happened?”

 

“The curse happened,” the voice next to him startled him, nearly falling out of his head. He turned to see Jonghyun standing beside him. He stood up suddenly, rage flowing in his body.

 

Why the rage? Jonghyun was the one who took him away in the first place; he said that he will do something, and since he had not been in school for a week, he is the only one that he could accuse.

 

He raised his hand but before it could even move, the latter grabbed it quickly and pulled the struggling angel away—away from the questioning eyes.

 

“Let me go, demon!” He cried out once they were in a secluded classroom on the high levels inside the school building, away from ears and eyes. The sunlight lit up the room, creating a warm, orange-ish atmosphere as the tables and the walls shadowed the room.

 

Jonghyun loosened his grip on his wrist and the angel freed it from his grasp, glaring at the bleached-haired Demon.

 

“Look—”

 

“What have you done to Minho-hyung?” Taemin hissed at the male. “Why is he acting so coldly towards me? Do you hold a grudge on me?”

 

The demon could not say anything to that, his eyes wide at what he just said to him. “What did you say?”

 

The shorthaired brunet scoffed and placed his hands on his hips and said, “Don’t act like you don’t know! I am tired of living in a world that only gives me pain! You have done something to him! I just know it! Who else if I hadn’t seen you that day you took him away?”

 

Taemin! Do you realize what you are saying? You are crazy!”

 

“To hell if you think I am crazy—I hate you! I hate you!” He screamed, his fist in the air, ready to punch across the demon’s face, but he pushed his arm away, nullifying his attack. Instead, he met with a hand to his cheek.

 

Slap!

 

A loud noise of chairs and tables falling and crashing to the ground emerged from the room, but nobody can hear that. They are too high up from the campus where everybody else is.

 

The brunet was on the floor, chairs and tables all around him. He held his reddened cheek as he glared at the demon with fiery eyes. The corner of his bottom lip was bruising and a bit of blood was seeping due to the rings Jonghyun was wearing. Taemin could taste the metallic ting of blood in his mouth and even smell the metal from the accessories the demon was wearing.

 

“I don’t know what happened to him either!” Jonghyun yelled, his voice rising at the angel. This startled him to see the latter whose eyes are teary.

 

“What?”

 

Jonghyun sighed and crouched down to Taemin’s eye level. “After using the spell to lessen the curse’s effects, he was calm for two days. Until the third day, he became so cold to me. I tried to force him to drink the blood of an Angel I have caught, but he refused. He would not even listen and he is more of a stubborn bastard than he was before! He grew distant from me and now he is on his own…

 

“That was then I knew that it wasn’t enough. The curse grew stronger and Minho had fallen into it. It’s…” He sobbed, tears falling down his cheeks.

 

The young angel felt bad—he yelled at him yet he did not know that Jonghyun too, was having a hard time dealing with this situation.

 

Stupid Taemin, he wanted to growl at his conscience’s voice. This is your fault for rushing things.

 

Shut up, he firmly told the other in his mind as he crawled over to the trembling body.

 

“It’s probably too late… he has fallen too deep into it and he may just die any time soon… he’ll suffer more than he had suffered before,” he told the angel. The latter just stayed quiet and placed his hands on his shoulders. Jonghyun stared at Taemin with glossy eyes, before cupping the angel’s cheeks.

 

“I’m…truly…sorry,” he said between hiccups, even though it was hard to say when he is crying, but at least he meant it. It hurts him to see the angel smile in such a pained expression. “I apologize for slapping you, I just…” He sighed, unable to finish his sentence.

 

The shorthaired male shook his head, “It’s nothing. I did deserve that—I needed something to wake me up from the abyss I was trapped in inside my mind.”

 

They both stayed like that until they stood up, smoothing down their uniform clothes and not saying a word to each other as they picked up the chairs and placed them back into its original position.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Then Jonghyun asked, “…How is Key?”

 

Taemin scoffed at the sudden change of atmosphere, but understood that it need to be changed—it felt too awkward to keep it like that after an argument had started. “Better, I suppose. After I ditched school that day like you told me to, throughout the week, he kept bothering me to go back and that he’ll hit me for ditching school once he gets better.”

 

He heard the blonde chuckle at this and he shrugged it off, saying, “That’s Key-umma for you.”

 

“Sure is…”

 

Silence droned on between them as they tidied up the place. Taemin rubbed his reddened cheek, hoping to cool it down before he goes out. He did not want any questions bombarding him. Then he felt a cold sensation. He looked to see Jonghyun holding an ice pack at his cheek.

 

Where did he get that?

 

I have no idea.

 

The angel blinked twice before thanking him, stunned at the quickness and his good sense of getting it.

 

“That must have hurt if I hit you that hard,” Jonghyun mumbled and the brunet could only smile.

 

“Well, yeah, seeing that you were wearing rings.”

 

“Hey, my apologies, I swear to cross my heart and hope to die… maybe. If I could die.”

 

Taemin snickered. After learning that he was unable to die (in which he heard from Key), it was quite unbelievable at first, but decided to believe him for once. He does not have the evidence, and he hopes he does not get to see it.

 

“…The secret’s still on?” He asked the angel, his eyebrows rose as if asking for confirmation.

 

Taemin bit his bottom lip playfully, “Um…”

 

Jonghyun pushed his arm away, the duo laughing as he said, “Hey! I am being serious right now!”

 

“Okay, okay, of course it’s still on! I would never spill it until the day you allow me to.”

 

Jonghyun smirked and ruffled the brunet’s hair, “Good. It better stays that way.”

 

The latter snorted and went out the classroom and said, “Of course it will.”

 

With that, he had left the demon behind.

 


 

It was the end of school already and he had not seen Minho at all.

 

Taemin sighed, getting from his sitting position below the tree where he and Minho used to sit underneath.

 

“No point waiting for him now… he must have gone home.”

 

It was troublesome—he need to break the curse. He hated the Duke for doing such a thing that will kill off his own son.

 

Adopted or not, he is still his son.

 

Yet, he chose to kill him off if Minho does not reconsider attacking an Angel and forcing himself to drink the blood from it.

 

Why? Why would he do that?

 

Come to think of it, he thought, that person loved my Mother! The nerve! He tsk’ed at that and walked off.

 

It was then when he heard a small, feminine voice as he passed the corner of the academy building:

 

“Please, you must!”

 

“No…”

 

The second voice was strangely familiar. He should not eavesdrop, but his curiosity was getting to him.

 

“Your condition is not good! I know I shouldn’t do this, but I want to help you!”

 

“I…I don’t need any help! Please… just go.”

 

Condition is not good… that sounds like… Minho!

 

He appeared around the corner to see a female Angel and Minho leaning against the wall.

 

He looked horrible.

 

Minho’s skin was paler than usual; his eyes had dark black circles and his irises kept flickering back and forth from warm chocolate brown to blazing orange-red. He had his hands up to his throat as if restraining himself to go and bite onto the flesh that the Angel was holding out, grasping her wrist.

 

Taemin looked at the female student and recognized her by her long, reddish brown hair.

 

“Mi-ja-ssi…?”

 

(A/N: Yes, it is Baek Mi-ja! A special guest from ‘What’s My Story?’ I just feel like I should put her in this. Moreover, she fits the generous type lols.)

 

“Oh, Taemin-ssi! I wasn’t…”

 

“No matter,” he said with a soft smile, “I thank you for trying to help Minho-hyung, but…I prefer it if…” he trailed off, giving her the hint. Mi-ja realized what he was going to do and meekly nodded her head before she spoke,

 

“Ah. I see,” she said as she gave him a small smile before bowing slightly. “Good luck with him then,” and with that, she had scurried off, grabbing her bag and running past the angel.

 

Now it was only just Minho and Taemin. He could hear the whistles of the wind as it softly brushed past them. He could see Minho’s form in the slowly setting sun, the slightly dim sunrays beating down on them.

 

Taemin could only stand there, fists clenched tightly as his hair shadowed his eyes.

 

It hurt to see him in this state.

 

Minho’s eyes narrowed at the angel from his distance and growled at him, “Go away, angel. I don’t need you here.”

 

Nothing—not a single movement nor sound came out from the Angel.

 

“Yah, did you not hear me?”

 

Yes. I hear you perfectly fine.

 

Taemin bit his lower lip as he stepped closer to him, his eyes fixated on the male.

 

He has to do this. He needs to do this. It is a big risk, but he is willing to do it.

 

“…Tae—!

 

Minho was not expecting him to push him back onto the wall so suddenly and feel his breath on his neck, his hands slithering all over his shoulders.

 

“Minho…” The demon shuddered from his hot breath, his heart racing irregularly.

 

“What…what are you…?”

 

“I want to help you,” he whispered, looking into the eyes of the demon as his hands ran down his torso. His knee was between Minho’s legs, his body pressed up against him.

 

Then he started to his own shirt.

 

“!? Wha…?

 

Minho hitched his breath when the scent hit his nose.

 

He can hear it.

 

Ba-bump…

 

Ba-bump…

 

Ba-bump…

 

It was the beating of Taemin’s heart, the pulsing of his blood running through his veins. He tried to cover up his shoulder, pulling up his shirt, but the angel stopped him. He held his trembling fingers and kissed them, tickling the demon’s fingertips,

 

The dark-haired male purred when Taemin touched his horns, his finger trailing the curve of the limb. He could feel him.

 

Taemin knew this was wrong to keep a Demon alive, but he wanted him to stay alive for the sake of him. He needed him to stay by his side.

 

…What is this that makes him have all of these thoughts? Why can he never understand them?

 

“Tae! We cannot… I can’t do this to you!” Taemin can tell that he was holding back. Does he not know that he is risking his life just to do this? He is risking his every blood, body and soul just to save a Demon prince.

 

“Minho-hyung, you must. You’re my friend and I like you long enough to even do this.”

 

Taemin wrapped his arms around his neck and held him close, his heart beating hard. He was nervous—had he made the right choice?

 

“I can’t bear to see my Demon writhe in pain from a stupid curse of a punishment…”

 

The angel pressed his nose against Minho’s neck, smelling the deadly, yet sweet scent of death before he kissed the flesh.

 

Minho, unable to stand properly due to the lack of energy, slid down the wall, taking Taemin with him.

 

They were in a fatal position now, with the brunet straddling the demon, hips joined by hips. Taemin and Minho mewled when their crotches met, giving such pleasurable sensation.

 

“A-Ah… Taemin…” The male whispered, falling into Taemin’s seduction of getting him to drink his blood. He cannot hold it for long—the curse was impossible to hold back anymore. He needs it.

 

Ba-bump…

 

Ba-bump…

 

Ba-bump…

 

Oh, how he loved to hear the sound of blood pulsing through this young, frail body that was on top of him.

 

“Please, Minho…” His voice had never sounded as pleasingly sweet before as he stared at those plump lips that were in his line of sight.

 

Minho grunted when Taemin moved his hips, grinding their groins together.

 

“T-Taemin…!” He gasped as the Angel bent over, his lips on his neck as he lightly on them, placing soft kisses down to his collarbones.

 

Taemin sat him, looking at him with warm, hazy eyes, his fingertips grazing the Demon’s skin. He touched his lips, rubbing the skin before placing his hand on his chest, fondling with his shirt.

 

“Please,” he whispered to him, his heart thudding as he stretched out his neck, the skin out and open for him.

 

“Please drink me.”

 

Ba-bump…

 

Ba-bump…

 

Ba-bump…

 

Minho wrapped his arms around the small angel’s body, holding him close as he buried his lips into his neck. He could feel him tremble. He wanted to let him go, but Taemin’s determination was too much. He needs to do this, or he will regret it in the end.

 

No, he will still regret doing this anyway.

 

He the flesh, trailing it up and down to find the strongest pulse. He heard Taemin’s soft gasps and his muscles tensing. Minho rubbed the inside of his back with his thumb to relax him, to numb him of what is to come.

 

Ba-bump…

 

His tongue trailed up further, feeling the pulse.

 

Ba-bump…

 

He was near, so very near.

 

Ba-bump!

 

Here!

 

He that part of the angel’s flesh a few times to soothe the boy before baring his fangs.

 

Taemin could only stare up at the brilliantly orange-lit sky as he heard the sound of fangs bearing.

 

Be strong, Taemin. Be strong for Minho’s sake.

 

He could feel the tips of the fangs poking at his neck.

 

This is it…

 

He could only bit his bottom lip, his eyes tearing when he heard the faintest sound of his flesh ripping as Minho dug his fangs in deeper into his skin.

 

It hurts! It hurts so bad…

 

Taemin could feel the liquid trickling down his shoulder, possibly staining his shirt if it went down any further.

 

Minho closed his eyes as he drank, savoring the angel’s sweet taste. It was delicious. Oh, so delicious.

 

He held Taemin closer to him, as if he did not want him to go—he did not want him to go after this. He did not want to lose him.

 

Taemin let out a soft, audible groan as he could feel him draining his blood. He could feel his soft lips puckering on his neck with each drink he took.

 

This pain hurts…

 

Yet… it feels so good…

 

He moaned as he held his head back, fallen into the unknown pleasure as Minho on his neck, drinking him.

 

Why does this pain feel so good…?

 

Taemin wrapped his arms around Minho’s head, pulling him closer just so he could have more of his blood.

 

Hey, Mr. Blackbird, what is that in the cage?

 

Why, little girl, it is a beautiful white Dove.

 

Hey, Mr. Blackbird, why do you have him in the cage?

 

My, little girl, it has to show that he is my Dove.

 

Taemin closed his eyes and smiled softly.

 

A beautiful young Dove indeed, so small and frail,

 

However, when he is in the cage, he can never escape.

 

His fingers played with Minho’s soft black hair, the locks tangling together as he leaned his head back, gaining more access for the demon.

 

I will be your caged Dove and you will be my Blackbird…

 

He opened his eyes and he could see black spots appearing.

 

Even if it means…

 

Darkness was lingering over him. Was Minho drinking too much of his blood? He did not mind. He wanted it like this. He wanted to make sure that Minho was full enough in order to break the curse.

 

Doing…

 

Taemin’s grasp on Minho’s head had loosened, giving a warning signal to the demon. He can feel him pause his drinking, and the red liquid trickling down his arm. He could not even feel his fingers move anymore. He could not even feel the fangs that pulled out of his neck or the tongue that up his wound, lapping up the leftovers.

 

…The forbidden act.

 

He could only see brown eyes – those brown eyes that were no longer dull. Those brown eyes that he wanted to see filled with emotions.

 

“…min?” He heard his muddled voice, the sounds fading. Taemin’s eyebrows knitted together as he was in the arms of the demon, his irises losing its brightness as the young angel was falling into the dark, dark abyss of his mind.

 

“…Tae…min… Taemin!” He could feel his body moving, but he felt so numb – so very numb. He could hear Minho speaking but his voice was going in and out, as he is slowly falling into unconsciousness.

 

“Min…ho…” He whispered out, his eyes closing slowly. He reached weakly to touch the male’s cheek in his blurry vision, feeling the softness and the warmth that he longed to feel. “You’re finally back…”

 

“No…this is why I…Taemin! Please…hold on!

 

The last thing he saw was black.