Disappearance

Demon & Angel—Forbidden Love

Key had arrived at the Goddess’ castle, smiling and bowing politely at the Angels who were guarding the gate, before they had granted him access. He need to make sure that Taemin had reached his home safely before the duo could do their studies and hang about.

 

He entered the enormous castle and huffed, looking around the spacious hallway before making his way to the ballroom, where he had expected the young angel to be there, playing his piano.

 

He did go there, indeed, wanting to hear his peaceful melody on that beautiful percussion.

 

Except Taemin was not there, the piano vacant in the middle of the gorgeous ballroom.

 

“Strange,” Key said as he looked around the area before closing the grand doors, “I know that Taemin would be here first… Perhaps he changed his mind to do so?”

 

He looked down the hallway, which led him to the spiral staircase, the way up to Taemin’s bedroom.

 

His grand white wings were out, stretching before he took off, yelling, “Make way for Key, es!” which, in response, gained back some yells from the servants and scoffs (but a laugh in between) from the house cleaners.

 

He flew up the stairs, his back feeling heavy due to the pressure of his wings, but he tolerated it.

 

Having arrived at his destination, he came up at Taemin’s bedroom, standing in front of the tall, white grand doors. He knocked on the door before answering, “Yah, it’s Key! Are you in there?”

 

No reply.

 

He bit his bottom lip and knocked again. “Taemin, you better not be playing with me right now.”

 

Again, he had received no reply.

 

Frustration was building up inside him and he can no longer deal with this “so-called joke”. He forcefully opened the door and with confidence and pride, he entered his bedroom.

 

“Yah, how dare you—” He trailed off but saw that Taemin was not really in his bedroom at all. His heart pounded in shock. He did not want to believe that this was happening.

 

No, there’s one place left that he usually go. The library, is it? Key nodded, convincing himself. Right, if he is there, everything is fine. Just stay calm Key; everything will be fine if he is there.

 

The blonde-haired person then set off to the library, gaining extreme speed due to his anxiety as he made his twists and turns around the corners of the hallways.

 

He has to be there.

 

He landed swiftly on his feet, running over to the door that was just two meters away.

 

His wings folded behind his back as he ran, panting from his already wasted energy.

 

He hated running or doing exercise of the sort, but when it comes to his ‘son’, he has to hurry to make sure he is all right.

 

Just a bit more… He thought as he ran quickly, the large doors now in sight. His hand dived for the knob and pushed himself into the library.

 

He did not care if he created attention and worries due to his frantic expression on his face. He ran around the library: upstairs, downstairs, inside the rooms. Nevertheless, he was nowhere in sight.

 

No… Key looked into the sections of each bookshelf, hoping to find the boy reading.

 

No… Key stood in the midst of the library, looking up at the first floor, hoping to find him sitting at a table studying.

 

NO! This cannot be! Key let out a strangled cry and flew out of the library.

 

Key flew everywhere inside the castle. He flew to the rooftops where you can see the beautiful scenery. He flew to Taemin’s private gardens where the beautiful red roses bloom; the grassy green backyard where Taemin would most play out with the male. He even went to the throne room (the Goddess was not there at the moment) where he’d expect Taemin on that big throne, pretending to be King

 

He went everywhere.

 

He had searched everywhere, and yet, he could not find a trace of hair from the angel.

 

He looked around as he flew throughout the hallway, his heart thudding in fear. He did not wish to believe that Taemin was not here—not at home where he had demanded him to be at, unharmed.

 

Key!

 

A voice called out from behind him and stopped in his tracks and turned, hoping to see that it was Taemin, that graceful smile on his face as he ran up to the blond, his light brown shoulder-length hair tied back into a ponytail, looking adorable as always.

 

Sadly, for him, it was only Krystal.

 

Her face was in distress; her faerie wings flapping so quickly and hard, he could see massive faerie dust coming out—and when she’s like that, that means that something happened to Taemin, and whatever it is, it’s not a good sign.

 

“Key… I cannot find him anywhere! I thought he would… I thought he would come straight home after his lessons were finished for the day, but he had not been since! I looked around…” She gasped, out of breath as she fell into Key’s hands; exhausted from all the searching she had done.

 

Key reassured her, “Take a breath and tell me, Krystal. What happened?”

 

Krystal inhaled then exhaled before continuing from where she left off, “I looked around town for him, but I couldn’t find him! Do you know where he is?”

 

, asking her is no good…

 

“You do not know where he is either?” He shrieked in shock.

 

Krystal shook her head frantically, dumbfounded at the thought that even his best friend did not know of his whereabouts.

 

He stumbled back a bit before falling on his knees, dazed at the problem they were both having.

 

“Taemin is nowhere…to be found?” He mumbled, feeling too numb to feel the harsh thudding of his heart that built up with terror.

 

It only left him one assumption:

 

The Demons has captured him and is now keeping him hostage.

 

Krystal and Key eyed each other for a moment before their throats moved, letting out an audible gulp as they realized what would happen after this.

 

How in the world are we going to tell the Goddess about this…?